SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Pitch Meetings
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Pitch Meetings
Kongou Dess
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 07-29-20 07:18 PM EDT (US)         

Glorious compilation.

This is more enjoyable than, uh... yeah, all but three movies. And honestly, even those are tainted by the associations with the others at this point.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-29-20 08:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
That. Was. Amazing.

I died at the line about Grievous being trained in the helicopter arts by a helicopter.

On a more serious note, he makes a really valuable point about Rey. Okay, she's resourceful and skilled. Fine. Now take Kreia's advice and let her grow through loss and conflict. But nope, we're just going to have new skills come out of the woodworks for her with little to no training and absolutely no sacrifice. Then she's going to rob the old heroes of everything.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 07-30-20 10:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Including their identity.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 07-30-20 03:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
"Rey."
"Rey who?"
"ReyVENGE OF THE SITH!"

Damn I love HISHE

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 07-31-20 11:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Meanwhile, the entire mythical arc built by George--dubious as it could be at times--is absolutely shattered. Unless, of course, Anakin "destroyed" the Sith by giving Rey the power.

I'd put money on that being put into a reference book or tweet as the real fulfillment of the prophecy.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-20 11:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Darth Maul lay dying in Obi-Wan's arm. "Is he the Chosen One?"

"Yes," Obi-Wan replied. "Chosen to train and empower the Chosen Chosen One, who will then steal his lightsaber, his ship, and, ultimately, his name and very identity. But don't worry, she'll kill Darth Sidious, who will also steal your power by mantling 'all the Sith.'"

"Wait, what?"

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-20 04:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
The Star Wars apocalypse is caused by Rey and Ahsoka fighting to decide who's the most bullshit. Rey has the clear upper hand, but every time she almost puts Ahsoka away, some Deus Ex Machina appears to keep her in the fight.

There are no winners

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-20 04:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
There is, however, a clear loser, and that's the audience.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-20 04:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
They clearly don't matter

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-20 05:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
A writer I know always says his number one writing advice is to love your audience. No one writing Star Wars has loved their audience in decades, but especially not since the Disney buyout.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 08-01-20 07:30 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Kevin James Anderson doesn't hate you, but he does hate that he's writing Star Wars.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-01-20 07:44 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
The age old battle: money or integrity...

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 08-09-20 03:51 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
A bit off topic, but I'd feel guilty topping "Anything Star Wars" again...

A Japanized Imperial March... yet it does less for me than this far better navy march.

When even the Imperial March does nothing for someone who branded himself as "Moff" for eighteen years... <_<

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames