You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Let's talk, with quotes...9 years later.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 16  Next Page »
posted 12-27-19 00:48 AM EDT (US)   
To those who are not familiar.

A few rules:

1) No same quote can be used within 10 posts after that quote.

2) Talking with quotes means that you have to make sense with a quote that you're replying, not just posting random quotes.

3) No using of an original conversation.

4) Star Wars (also accepts non-movie quotes from either Legends or canon books or shows, which must be supported by "where it's from") quotes only.

5) Nu Canon material is just as acceptable as PT/OT or Legends.

6) Lastly, do not break the CoC and quote your way in!

Sources for quotes provided by Sir Orion,
Wikiquote
Wookieepedia Quote of the Day Arhive

I'll bring it back with this quote:

"You're a feisty little one."

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Replies:
posted 01-16-20 07:00 PM EDT (US)     301 / 463  
"A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking. Too long did the Republic remain unchallenged. It is a stagnant beast that labors for breath and has for centuries. The Jedi Order was the heart that sustained its sickness—now the Jedi are lost, we shall see how long the Republic can survive."--Kreia

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 01-16-20 10:17 PM EDT (US)     302 / 463  
“The Republic cannot be fixed, m’lady. It is time to start over.” - Count Dooku, AOTC deleted scene

< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-17-20 08:54 AM EDT (US)     303 / 463  
The Republic cannot be fixed, m’lady
...Really. Is that standard address for a Senator?

Okay, back to quotes.

"Too long did the Republic remain unchallenged. It is a stagnant beast that labors for breath… and has for centuries. The Jedi Order was the heart that sustained its sickness—now the Jedi are lost, we shall see how long the Republic can survive." - Kreia

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 01-17-20 10:44 AM EDT (US)     304 / 463  
That's literally the quote I just posted.

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory."--Kreia

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
posted 01-18-20 00:07 AM EDT (US)     305 / 463  
Crap. No wonder it was so familiar.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 01-19-20 01:13 PM EDT (US)     306 / 463  
“You will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a…thousand years.”

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-19-20 01:51 PM EDT (US)     307 / 463  
"I can die a hundred times, Exile, and still I will rise again as strong as before."--Darth Sion

posted 01-19-20 05:44 PM EDT (US)     308 / 463  
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved." - The Senate Saga himself!

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 01-19-20 05:45 PM EDT (US)     309 / 463  
"Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."--not Kreia

posted 01-19-20 05:49 PM EDT (US)     310 / 463  
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." - The Kreia that properly subverts expectations

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
posted 01-19-20 06:09 PM EDT (US)     311 / 463  
"There is no truth in the Force. But there is truth in you, Exile."--Kreia

posted 01-19-20 07:27 PM EDT (US)     312 / 463  
“Listen well. Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me. Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith on this.“ - Vergere, Traitor

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-19-20 07:37 PM EDT (US)     313 / 463  
"I do not have the years required nor the desire to indulge you."--Kreia

posted 01-19-20 07:54 PM EDT (US)     314 / 463  
"Let me show you—you, who have forever seen the galaxy through the Force. See it through the eyes of the exile." - Kreia

posted 01-19-20 07:58 PM EDT (US)     315 / 463  
"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?"--Kreia

posted 01-19-20 08:06 PM EDT (US)     316 / 463  
"Korriban shall be as it always was. A graveyard for the darkest of the Sith Lords, still whispering within their tombs. It shall always be a source of evil, spawning threats throughout the millennia. It, like Malachor, brushes the edges of the empire that waits in the dark. And like Malachor, the Sith have forgotten it… for a time. They will remember." - So we're doing this again?

posted 01-19-20 08:26 PM EDT (US)     317 / 463  
"The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting you came here."--Darth Sion

posted 01-19-20 08:54 PM EDT (US)     318 / 463  
"Hey, don't stop your long, boring rants on my account. I was just getting sleepy-eyed." - A Fool

Also, well played

posted 01-19-20 09:00 PM EDT (US)     319 / 463  
“The dead speak!” - TROS Opening Crawl

“There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?”

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-19-20 09:41 PM EDT (US)     320 / 463  
"Apathy is death, worse than death. Because at least a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects."--Kreia

posted 01-19-20 09:50 PM EDT (US)     321 / 463  
“The garbage will do!”

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-19-20 10:46 PM EDT (US)     322 / 463  
"Translation: two per cent probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master." - Snarky Snarky Droid

posted 01-20-20 04:27 AM EDT (US)     323 / 463  
“All droid units must shut down. Immediately.”

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-20-20 10:45 AM EDT (US)     324 / 463  
"I don't like droids. They break. In the head."--Atton Rand

posted 01-20-20 12:12 PM EDT (US)     325 / 463  
“I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.“

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-20-20 12:57 PM EDT (US)     326 / 463  
"Query: Now, are there any other horrors you wish to try and insert into my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"--HK-47

posted 01-20-20 07:19 PM EDT (US)     327 / 463  
"Plans are fragile things and life often dashes expectations to the ground." - Kreia.

posted 01-20-20 07:35 PM EDT (US)     328 / 463  
"For one as limited as you, perhaps. To have fallen so far and learned nothing, that is your failing."--Kreia

posted 01-20-20 08:03 PM EDT (US)     329 / 463  
“As once I fell, so falls the last Skywalker!”

< o >
FREE TIBET!
posted 01-20-20 08:24 PM EDT (US)     330 / 463  
"The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew."--Kreia

« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 16  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Let's talk, with quotes...9 years later.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames