You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Legal Considerations on a SWGB-based game
Bottom
Topic Subject:Legal Considerations on a SWGB-based game
JoshMartini85
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-20 03:09 PM EDT (US)         
Hi to you all, and may the force be with you.

So, I already started developing a game based on Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. I am doing so with a different engine and many other different things. This game is thought to be Free and Open Source. But, having the background on how LucasFilms and Disney have operated related to copyright stuff, I am affraid. How much experience and ideas have you guys about legal matters on fan-based games? When we make mods for SWGB does it mean that we are also on a gray line of the law? For example, I see that here in heaven, it is being used an X-Wing, the Star Wars Fonts and more SW-related content, so how far does the legal stuff goes? Have anyone have had problems so far with this here?

I would really appreciate your impresions about this.
AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 05-26-20 07:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
This game is pretty ancient, and I doubt there are any significant legal risks when it comes to modding it. Fan games can go either way depending on how litigious the IP holder is.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kongou Dess
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-08-20 07:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I mean, EA...

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames