Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Small Suggestions for EF
Bottom
Topic Subject:Small Suggestions for EF
NobleNerd
Clone Trooper
posted 01-17-20 08:27 PM EDT (US)         
Some suggestions I recently slapped together in my head:

The Zann Consortium's Transport Mech should have Stealth to better represent its original function in SW:FoC.

The Galactic Republic should have another vehicle overhaul similar to their fighter overhaul (most of the unit models are already in the mod) to better fit lore, like so:
Bomber: NTB-630
Enh Bomber: BTL-B Y-Wing
Adv Bomber: PTB-625
Scout: BARC Speeder
Strike Mech: AT-RT
Hvy Strike Mech: AT-XT
Mech Destroyer: Light AT-AP
Hvy Mech Destroyer: AT-AP
Cannon: AV-7 Mobile Cannon

As a side note, I kind of feel like the Clone Z-95 and V-19 Torrent should swap places. It's a bit backwards to have the Rebel Z-95 as a Fighter while the Clone Z-95 and its lighter design is a Fast Fighter.

Also, the Empire's Air Transport could afford to be replaced by the Y-85 Titan. While the current model is well-known in Star Wars lore, it's a little bit clunky to see it deploying massive AT-ATs and other huge units when it's so small in comparison.

[This message has been edited by NobleNerd (edited 01-31-2020 @ 10:12 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 01-17-20 09:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I'm not sure why this couldn't just be in the EF thread, but we have no plans to make further roster alterations to the Republic. The Fighter line was only changed due to the addition of the Attacker class, for which the LAAT was the most sensible option. Changing the mech lines so that each one is a completely unrelated vehicle with no clear progression between them would only be confusing to players.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 01-17-2020 @ 09:53 PM).]

NobleNerd
Clone Trooper
posted 01-18-20 01:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I figured it would be slightly off-topic clutter in the EF thread, but then again, I overthink things a lot...

I'm in favor of the further Republic roster overhauls mainly because of how inconsistent it is with the more well-known lore. The Strike Mechs, Mech Destroyers, and Bombers are vague designs that were slapped together for the game with the release of Attack of the Clones before the Clone Wars lore was fleshed-out much, and they just don't look right.

The same thing applies to the aesthetic practicality of certain Empire units. Their Artillery is another hastily assembled brick of a vehicle that would be better-filled by something like the SPMA-T, and the Air Transport, although a well-known vehicle in Star Wars lore, is impractically small compared to the Rebels' 90-meter-long GR-75, making something like the Y-85 Titan much more believable when transporting larger vehicles like Assault Mechs.

I think the AT-RT and AT-XT are related enough to include as both Strike Mech variants, but I can see where the TX-130 Saber and AT-AP conflict. Maybe since the AT-AP is the predecessor to the AT-ST, it would be best for both Mech Destroyer variants with the first variant lacking the top cannon to differentiate them.

The HAVw A6 as the Hvy AM was another little brainstorm nugget that got lumped in with my other thoughts, so meh. No real reason for it.

[This message has been edited by NobleNerd (edited 01-21-2020 @ 05:12 PM).]

av29
Clone Trooper
posted 01-31-20 07:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
IDK about the others, but AT-PT and AT-XT are very similar and make a clear progresion
NobleNerd
Clone Trooper
posted 02-07-20 10:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I keep making small edits as I think of them...

I added a tidbit about having the V-19 Torrent and Clone Z-95 swap roster positions. It makes more sense considering the Clone Z-95's lighter armament and the fact that the Rebel Z-95 is also a regular Fighter as opposed to a Fast Fighter.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames