Posted on 11/19/17 @ 04:47 PM (updated 04/12/18
This is the demo of my upcoming campaign, which is going to be called "Trombozon". It's going to be a reference of a flash game called "Zombotron", which I loved the first time I played it. My campaign will share some features of Zombotron like selectable weapons, loots, items for buying, some degree of realism and even boss fights. I planned to upload it in three parts: part 1 which follows the events from Zombotron II (as the first game doesn't even have a story), part 2 which follows the events from Zombotron II: Time Machine and part 3 which I am going to think on my own as the supposed sequel of Zombotron II: Time Machine is obviously never going to come.
|Clone Campaigns required?:
||Role Playing Strategy
The year is 2486th. Humanity has colonized planets in several star systems. An organisation called EOSR (Eturitarian organisation for space researches) has a key role in the civilization improvement - it explores new territories for expanding. A part of EOSR makes researches only in the name of science. One man named Stan Hawking wants to join the scientific department of EOSR. He studied hard 3 and half years and took his theoretical exams. If he did well, he will have to pass a practical exam in order to join the explorers from EOSR.
This demo is actually a tutorial, but it is still connected to the main story (which I am planning to buff a lot).
- 300+ triggers
- The above mentioned features: selectable weapons, loots, items for buying, realism, boss fights and something from me - inventory system.
- Taunt system included
- A couple of sound files included
- 2 AI's included
- An additional scenario file, which is supposed to be opened through scenario editor mode - it has tips for the scenario in case you have difficulties. I did so because of the taunting system, which often stops working after leaving the game (which you needed to do when you wanted to read the help document). Now however, you can open that additional scenario and see the explanation for the more specific moments in the messages section. That way you will be able to visit the help section without leaving the game.
- THIS SCENARIO REQUIRES THE MOD EXPANDING FRONTS VERSION 1.2. RUNNING THE CAMPAIGN WITHOUT IT OR ON ITS LOWER VERSION WILL MAKE THE GAME CRASH. ALSO, RUN IT ON BATTLEGROUNDS_X2.
*note - this scenarios was made using EF 1.1.1, but the update was made with EF 1.2, though there were no units from version 1.2 added; nevertheless, I suggest playing with EF 1.2 or higher
~~~~UPDATE ON APRIL 12th, 2018~~~
- Stan's speech was changed to darker grey.
- Medkits are now used with taunt 9 instead of 31.
- Weapon taunts are now not shown in the objectives.
- Fixed some minor glitches.
THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRUBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAIMENT COMPANY LLC.ELEMENTS tm & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAIMENT COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Wow, really wow. You have surpassed yourself this time.
It is really excellent!. It really feels like another game al along, complete with your inventory and new gameplay mechanics. The only thing I disliked was the reload mechanic. It is indeed more realistic, but I did find it annoying. I also encountered a minor bug in a section where I had to collect a piece of loot but I could not see my character or select it. so I had to do a little cheat to advance. Besides that, perfect.
Neither too easy nor too hard. It reaches the perfect level. One dies quite easily some times but that is expected. The boss battle is also very exciting.
You always come up with excellent ideas, this one is no exception, where do you get such inspirartion? you truly dish out the new mods features and that is great. We need more scenarios that exploit the aspects of the new mod.
Map Design: 5
Excellent as usual, it really gives you the feel of beign inside an istallation, cant wait to see the scenery you will come up for future scenarios involving this story line.
Great, although there is not much back story yet, one can see where everything is going, seems to me that it will be a truly great campaign with a great backsotry
I really like the sense that you can make different choices, you should really stick to that to make different paths for the player to follow. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the encouragement!
I well know where you couldn't see your character, which you mentioned in the playability paragraph. [SPOILER]There seem to be issues while changing the line of sight of a unit.[/SPOILER] I really wanted to add that part of the scenario, so I smoothed it as much as I could. I am planning to use this again, so I will defintely need to get rid of the flaws. Luckily, a new EF update is coming and it may offer a solution. If I find a solution, I'll update the scenario.