Underworld - Part 1 [UPDATED]
Posted on 05/05/17 @ 02:27 AM (updated 02/06/18
This campaign is probably the first one made and submitted with the Expanding Fronts modification.
|Clone Campaigns required?:
|Number of scenarios:
It is only part 1, so soon there will be part 2. I know it's risky to upload the first part and talking about the second since I can't be sure if I'll ever make the second one. At first this was supposed to be a whole campaign, but when I realized how much time would it take to design all the missions, I decided to upload it in 2 parts.
The action takes part on my fictional planet. In the second biggest city on that planet, Transtroy, lives an unusual man. His name is Dragostan. Somehow he can speak doggish, but also has a tough temper. Dragostan has a dog, named Lucky, with even tougher temper. They both work for the city mining boss - Picker Axel. One day Dragostan and his colleagues face people, who had been living in the closed western tunnel of the mine and had been stealing ore for weeks. The miners try to drive them out, but during these events Dragostan and his dog disappear somewhere in the tunnels...
Note - On this fictional planet live many humanlike races. Things like zombies visiting shops are completely NORMAL.
- *High-triggered* missions. The whole campaign has over 1300 triggers.
- The main style is RPG. There are various objectives to complete - from catching buses to assaulting strongholds!
- Not much fighting involved. However, each fight is challenging and will make the player use his actual skills.
- The player will take control on several characters. Each of them has specific advantages and disadvantages during a battle.
- A couple of sound files included.
- The missions have background music. Well, some people may like it, other may find it annoying or depressing.
- An AI file included.
- THIS CAMPAIGN REQUIRES THE MOD EXPANDING FRONTS VERSION 1.2 OR HIGHER. RUNNING THE CAMPAIGN WITHOUT IT OR ON ITS LOWER VERSION WILL MAKE THE GAME CRASH. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EXPANDING FRONTS 1.2 INSTALLED.
VERY BIG thanks to Gen_Rhys_Dallows and all the others who worked so hard to create Expanding Fronts.
Also big thanks to Cradossk who created the Ultimate RPG AI a long time ago.
Some sound files from "Life in the Big City" by Night Conqueror, "Riding Out Trouble" by MPK and "The Phantom Menace" by Tevious were used here.
The music (longer sound files) was taken from the game Heroes III: Heroes of Might and Magic.
Playtesters: Foxy (POOTIS!), Captain Keno and Padawan Kokiri.
Please, post a review or at least a comment to let me know what do you think. Also, if you have questions or suggestions, share them.
UPDATE: I moved the READ IN CASE OF EMERGENCY text in a scenario, which is supposed to be opened via scenario editor. In the messages section are the tips for the missions; at the top of each paragraph it is written to which level it refers. I did so because otherwise you would need to leave the game and as many missions use the taunting system, which often stops working after closing the game, reading the READ ME IN CASE OF EMERGENCY would mean you leave your progress and have to start from the beginning. This way you will be able to read the tips without leaving the game.
- Expanding Fronts version 1.2 changes the stats of units I used in the campaign, which caused balance issues. In this update those issues are fixed.
- Fixed glitches and removed unwanted side effects.
- Changed few gameplay features for optimization purposes.
- Attack is now displayed as whole, without pluses. For example, Dragostan's attack which used to be displayed as "14+6" is now displayed as 20.
- Minor dialogue and text editions.
- Minor map design editions.
- More notable changes: Kancho's speed increased from 0.55 to 0.70; new cliffs on levels 2, 3 and 4; mercenaries on level 4 are much cheaper now; 1 new mercenary faction on level 4.
THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAIMENT COMPANY LLC.ELEMENTS tm & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAIMENT COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
|No messages found|