A MYSTERIOUS STAFF was unearthed and placed in your base for further observations.
|Clone Campaigns required?:
||Build and Destroy
1. After some time, the mysterious staff starts to emit unknown powers which may cause the following events:
a) Some buildings and units increase in max HP and Attack Strength over time.
b) Holocron miraculously appears periodically in the midst of the lava.
c) Earthquakes are expected to happen every now and then; it will damage buildings and injure units.
There are more details when you play the game scenario.
2. Create and control more than 20 HERO units. You have unfair advantage.
3. Additional ways to WIN this game:
1) Kill 5,000 enemy units or
2) Garrison 30 Holocrons
4. Place these files into the DIRECTORIES (default) as follows:
(Warning: You must do a backup by renaming this file genie_x1.dat e.g. genie_x1-original.dat)
C:\Porgram Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\Game\Data\genie_x1.dat
C:\Porgram Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\Game\Scenario\Mysterious Staff.sc1
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\Game\Sound\Scenario\EarthQuake2011Mar11.mp3
I tried modding but not all work for me.
5. Standard GAME SETTINGS recommendations:
Civilization for Enemy : Random
Game Type : Scenario (the only option)
File : Mysterious Staff
Difficulty : Hard or Hardest
Resources : Medium
Population : 200 - 250
Reveal Map : Normal
Initial Tech Level : Standard
Victory : Conquest
It affects campaigns and standard games.
a) Increased Resources
- Trees and carbon rocks x5 carbon
- Fishes, food animals and muja fruit bush x5 food
- Nova and Ore deposits x5
- All stockpiles = 10,000 each pile
b) Animal Nursery - produce food 200% faster if nerf/bantha are garrisoned
c) Utility Trawler - move 50% faster and gather food 100% faster
d) Cargo Trader - move 50% faster and Nova profit 5 times more each trip
e) Prefab Shelter, Command Center and Fortress - support 100% more population
Playable for Clone Campaigns version 1.1
This is my first scenario. Please give your comments and suggestions.
Hope you enjoy.
THIS SCENARIO IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS tm & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND ITS LICENSORS
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
I had been ignoring this scenario for months and finally I decided to play and post a review just to make it rated. If the author still visits Heaven, he should see this.
Many triggers and a lot of fighting, but it takes much time to be completed. Also it may lag a lot, because there is a lot of stuff. During bigger battles it is hardly playable because of that lag.
Even on high difficulty, the only way to lose is by waiting your units and buildings' HP reach 32767 if I am not wrong. And this will take over 20 real hours.
Here is why it is easy:
1) The AI-s fight between themselves all the time. However my neighbours attacked me too. But no more.
2) Reinforcements arrive when you garrison a holocron or build a military structure. That way your army becomes large for a few minutes. Even on high difficulty, the AI-s are just unable to defeat you.
3) 30 minutes after the beginning all units start gaining HP and ATK. If you create new ones their HP and ATK start raising from their default. But this trigger is unlimited, and soon weak units become unnaturally strong. Also you can keep some of your units alive for a while and then you will be able to attack your enemies with overpowered armies.
4) As you gain rewards for almost everything, your resources will raise up to a five-number-quantity soon.
At least there will be always someone to pursue you.
Well, a scenario where units and buildings become stronger with time is a good idea. However this one wasn't performed so good. For example, in 'Holowars' your units gain ATK and HP for a number of kills, not for time they are alive.
Some strange mix of terrain on places. But made me give 3 were the tree masses, which look the same everywhere. I mean, there are different kinds of trees, but they are all rotated to the same one. If you don't understand, then play it and see yourself.
Ah, and the main terrain is grass 1, without grass 2, 3 or dirt for color. Also there is no eye candy.
The story isn't something amazing, but the instructions are clear. And here they are very important.
The submitter has put much effort in, which deserves to be mentioned. But the balance is weak due to the mysterious staff's effect which is mentioned in the balance paragraph.
[Edited on 09/10/16 @ 02:27 PM]