Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 04-12-07 04:50 PM EDT (US)     1141 / 2495       
RPG Name: Empire! RPG
Moderator: Cheapy the Hutt
Plot:
STAR WARS
EMPIRE!

It is a time of unity in the Galaxy. Twelve years after the end of the devastating CLONE WARS, the GALACTIC EMPIRE, under the leadership of EMPEROR PALPATINE and DARTH VADER, rules with an iron fist.

However, not all welcome the idea of this new governing body. Freedom fighters known as the ALLIANCE TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC band together and strike at the Empire whenever and however possible. Led by the exiled Senator MON MOTHMA, the Rebellion grows in strength every day.

Meanwhile, in a distant system, a weapon of terrible power is under construction, Capable of laying waste to entire planets, it is nearing completion. Once it is finished, the DEATH STAR will be unleashed on the unsuspecting Galacy...

Number of people interested: 1

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 04-14-2007 @ 08:08 PM).]

Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 04-12-07 04:54 PM EDT (US)     1142 / 2495       
So, pretty much Ep. IV and beyond?

Can I call Pellaeon?

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 04-12-07 06:39 PM EDT (US)     1143 / 2495       
So this is just Original trilogy? And is anyone else interested in Man and Olympian?

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 04-13-07 10:10 AM EDT (US)     1144 / 2495       
@Melkor: Seven months before Ep. IV, and yes, you can.

@Maegereg: See above.

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 04-13-07 11:09 AM EDT (US)     1145 / 2495       
Meh. Cheapy; mix it up! Have Malak come back from the dead or something.

Anyhow, I got an idea.

RPG Name: Star Wars: Revan Reborn
Moderator: X7
Plot:

Star Wars: Revan Reborn
The New Republic is gone, and the jedi have fallen once again. However, one indivudal has reappeared to the galaxy that will change its fate forever.
Factions from across the universe have put a price on his head. A prize so huge, it has pulled every bounty out of the scumy depths of the galaxy.
The man is the last jedi, and the most powerful. The sith want him among their ranks. The Empire want him dead, and the New Rebelion wants him as their leader. This one man holds the universe in his hands. He is Revan Reborn.

Number of people interested:

Eh, eh?

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

[This message has been edited by Lazer X7 (edited 04-13-2007 @ 01:40 PM).]

Arle
Clone Trooper
(id: Crazy Milenko)
posted 04-14-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     1146 / 2495       
EMPIRE
I reserve the right to shoot random stormies

I turned Wolfkin! Of all people. - DunC
I call for an assault on OD. - Nacht
*Handcuffs Nacht and Wolfkin* - Blatant
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 04-14-07 08:55 PM EDT (US)     1147 / 2495       
Hey-would anyone be interested in a SWGB:H Civil War RPG?

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 04-14-07 11:13 PM EDT (US)     1148 / 2495       
Lazer, you would disappear during the middle, and it would turn into a REAL SWGB:H Civil War ><

Interested in Empire

With the quiet burning out of the other ANH-style RPG, this gives me a chance to utilize Seinen to his full potential. He will also be my only character, since it's VERY difficult to maintain two extremely deep characters at the same time.

Just an FYI.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 04-14-07 11:13 PM EDT (US)     1149 / 2495       
Seeing as Maegereg's Man and Olympian never got enough Critical Mass, I present:

Solar Empire: The Terran Civil War

What follows is a brief history of the events leading upto the Terran Civil War.

Starting Date: 2011

Part I: The Martian Colony

After discovering the Ion Drive, humans debated on what to do. There planet was still not unified, and each individual country refused to let any other go to Mars, a nearby nearly habitable planet. Even very small nations had such power, through an organization known as the United Nations. Eventually war broke out, though no nuclear weapons where used. In the end Earth was unified into 4 separate states, The American Alliance, the European Union, the Oriental Republic, and the African Confederacy. The had all agreed that Mars must be settled, as the war had devastated much of there homeworld. 4 colony ships where sent to the planet Mars, followed by a massive amount of scientific equipment, hundreds more colony ships, even pre-built buildings. The Martian Colony had become a reality, forming the 5th power in the now called Terran Republic, the Mars Federation.

Starting Date: 2022

Part II: Colonization of the Outer Rim

After Mars had been colonized, and Terraforming started, two new technologies where finally perfected. The first was a new power source, the Fission Reactor. Power outages where finally eliminated. The second was the first new military technology, the Mass Driver. The Mass Driver allowed large-scale military starships to have a purpose. Before then, only starfighters where created, because it was just to expensive to build larger ships. While there where still carrier's, the majority of the Terran Republic's Navy was composed of smaller fighter's. But fighters couldn't mount Mass Drivers, they where too small. Soon pirate bands formed, using single starships and a small number of fighters to attempt to raid convoys traveling too and from the asteroid belt. But these pirates couldn't deal with the power of the new Driver armed cruiser-carrier's.

However, the main source of valuable gas in the Sol system was still out of reach. Therefore a new drive was invented, the Fission Drive. This allowed them to colonize and start terraforming one of Saturn's moons, Titan. With the supplies of as from Saturn, and the metal from a mining colony on Mercury, orbital space stations started to pop up, and a new power source was invented, along with three new types of engines. Fusion Reactor's had the potential for massive amounts of power, while Fusion Drives and Solar Sails, allowed the Sol system to fill with starfaring ships. Humans turned outward once more, toward's other systems, armed with new weapons. Plasma Cannon's,, Laser's, Fusion Missile's, and Gauss Cannon's expanded the military arsenal to include many destructive weapons. And a new faction was formed, the Outer Rim Alliance, composing of all moon's and planet's in the Outer Rim. Mercury chose to join the Mars Federation, and large fleet's were being built. War was inevitable.

It was once said that governments must be overthrown once every century. Those that are not stagnate and decay, denying the human race time to expand. The man who said this, went on to help form one of the great nations of the world. His group failed. They failed on account that they created something for there time, not for the future. The tried to include the future, but it was impossible.

We now see the result. Everyday I see the gears of war grind closer to there conclusion. Everyday I see a new warship built, weapons fired, and patrols run. Pirates can no longer exist, as the 6 nations of the Terran Republic vie for dominance in this system. But it is really 2 sides. The Earthers, and the Colonists. I predict that in a hundred years, man will understand his mistakes. I predict that we will all live in peace, mostly. I predict that we will have technologies far beyond what one could imagine today. I also predict that I am wrong. Humanity will always be consumed by the need to fight, the desire for death. War has been our history, and war it will continue to be.

I predict a Terran Civil war. Gods be praised if I am wrong.

- Falhen Tirimath, Philospher

Anyone interested?

Please note that the war has not started yet, and will be started by one of my posts a short time into the thread. Well, the war dosen't officially start until then.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 04-14-07 11:15 PM EDT (US)     1150 / 2495       
Humm, I'mma pass up this Sol System one since Boba and I have our own planned for... eventually. None of them have yet to pick up enough "critical mass", and I think our idea will be the most universally accepted, so I'm going to wait until the time we submit that one for approval.

No offense.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 04-14-2007 @ 11:16 PM).]

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 04-14-07 11:32 PM EDT (US)     1151 / 2495       
Lazer, you would disappear during the middle, and it would turn into a REAL SWGB:H Civil War

Uh?

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 01:06 AM EDT (US)     1152 / 2495       
Playing off of your leaving in your last RPG, and thinking of the possible consequences...

("I destroyed his ship."
"Nuh uh!"
"YES HUH!"
"NO!"
*slap fight*)

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 02:04 AM EDT (US)     1153 / 2495       
*sigh* Regulations...

Empire, you old sod. And I would like to claim, if possible, Pellaeon and Obi-Wan.

Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 04-15-2007 @ 03:56 AM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 04-15-07 11:05 AM EDT (US)     1154 / 2495       
Empire

I reserve, well, nothing.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 11:21 AM EDT (US)     1155 / 2495       
Which was my last RPG?

EDIT: Oh ya, Frozen Past. I don't think that it would have mattered if I left or not... it would have been gone.

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

[This message has been edited by Lazer X7 (edited 04-15-2007 @ 11:30 AM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 11:35 AM EDT (US)     1156 / 2495       
Empire, you old sod. And I would like to claim, if possible, Pellaeon and Obi-Wan.

I'm old? And a sod? 0.0 And sure, you can have them.

That's four!

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 11:52 AM EDT (US)     1157 / 2495       
Oh yah...

Empire Yay!

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 12:36 PM EDT (US)     1158 / 2495       
Interested in Empire.

I'd like to reserve Garm Bel Ilis if I can.

Maegereg
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 04-15-07 04:33 PM EDT (US)     1159 / 2495       
Interested in Solar Empire: The Terran Civil War.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 04-15-07 08:17 PM EDT (US)     1160 / 2495       
So, who would be up for a little...

STAR WARS NEIGHBORHOOD!?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 04-15-07 08:19 PM EDT (US)     1161 / 2495       
That's six people, so I'll start the sign-ups.

Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 04-16-07 00:31 AM EDT (US)     1162 / 2495       
*waits*

The Terran Civil War is simply a small part of my master plan.

COWER IN FEAR!!!

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 04-16-07 09:21 AM EDT (US)     1163 / 2495       
Updated, but does anyone know why the HTML isn't working?

Because at the moment it looks rather naff.

Doctor FoO
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 04-16-07 11:42 AM EDT (US)     1164 / 2495       
I don't, and it does.

My apologies for not being able to help better xD

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 04-16-07 01:02 PM EDT (US)     1165 / 2495       
I asked a while ago (my sig is shot to hell atm, too ), and here was my response:

The color tags are messed up, and we haven't got a straight answer from the higher-ups yet. Sorry

Archbishop Green
Clone Trooper
(id: Reverend Green)
posted 04-16-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)     1166 / 2495       
So, who would be up for a little...
STAR WARS NEIGHBORHOOD!?

INTERESTED!!!

And if it goes ahead, I claim Margaret Thatcher.

"You might very well think that, Mattie. I couldn't possibly comment." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

"After the silly season comes the conference season. Opposition did rather well this year. Abandoned their usual tactic of squabbling in public and shooting themselves in the foot; had a go at us instead. Especially the Prime Minister, I'm sorry to say. Most unsporting." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 04-16-07 04:55 PM EDT (US)     1167 / 2495       
I would of course be all for SWN. I claim Dlugbaca.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-07 04:41 PM EDT (US)     1168 / 2495       
I would like to officially proclaim Legacy dead. Interest in it apparently wasn't anywhere near as high as I thought it was. On another note, would anybody be up for an NJO era RPG, complete with droid-hating, pain-loving Yuuzhan Vong?

< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-07 05:38 PM EDT (US)     1169 / 2495       
Year (If it isn't 27 ABY or later then I don't know...I really want 1-1A).

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-07 05:54 PM EDT (US)     1170 / 2495       
We'll see.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames