Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     571 / 2495       
Thank you for the credit, Persia, and let me offer, once again, my apologies for the role I played in the destruction of the first. I am glad we have been able to put these differences behind us and move on. It looks like you have some exciting ideas on the horizon.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 09-12-2006 @ 01:36 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-12-06 01:48 PM EDT (US)     572 / 2495       
I'll try to get on MSN soon Persia, but it seems to be unavailiable at the moment

And because of Melkor being obscure and you deciding not to start until after Empire's Bane I'll put OR:II on the waiting list

Doctor FoO
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 01:51 PM EDT (US)     573 / 2495       

Quote:

And because of Melkor being obscure and you deciding not to start until after Empire's Bane I'll put OR:II on the waiting list

Melkor is obscure??:P

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-12-06 01:53 PM EDT (US)     574 / 2495       
Well he didn't exactly say wether or not he was expressing interest, so I infered it

Doctor FoO
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     575 / 2495       
I think you mean I was being "vague" and if saying that I want to claim x characters, then:

Interested - ORII

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 09-12-2006 @ 02:15 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-12-06 02:54 PM EDT (US)     576 / 2495       
Hit the nail on the head Melkor. Vague is a much better word. And thanks for your support

Doctor FoO
Takyu Baas
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 03:04 PM EDT (US)     577 / 2495       
I'd like to say that I'm also interested in the New Hope RPG

"In times of war, do not crave honour, do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day..."

"Ours is not to reason why, Ours is but to do or die..." - Adapted from The Charge of the Light Brigade

"I am the Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End"...

[This message has been edited by Takyu Baas (edited 09-12-2006 @ 03:04 PM).]

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-06 10:46 AM EDT (US)     578 / 2495       
Ok, Chronicle of the Eriaduan EMperors has hit 11 pages so far. I said before I may give what I've already finished out at some point, and now seems a good a time as any.
THE CHRONICLE OF THE ERIADUAN EMPERORS

~By Drawde Nobbig~

Preface: When one considers the great many circumstances that have surrounded the Eriaduan Imperium, one is immediately overwhelmed by the vast history of that extensive monarchy, which commanded for so long the greater portion of the galaxy and the most civilized, the most cultured, and the happiest portion of the sentients of any known era. Surviving for millennia in a nearly unbroken chain of rulers, the Eriaduan Emperors preserved the memory of a noble people and a proud tradition, even when their throne was disgraced by the most worthless, the most corrupt, and the most degenerate of persons. Reaching a level of tenacity and luxury that seems hardly possible to even our modern senses, the Imperium, after surviving longer than any other known state (except for, of course, the notable exception of the Old Republic) fell in a revolution of little more than four standard cycles. Such is the unhappy fate of a people who for so long had preserved with glory the weight of an empire, devoted to prosperity rather than destruction, yet not insensible of the need for a just defense, or even a perfidious betrayal. This tome shall serve to instruct this current and the future generations of the history of that empire.

Chapter 1: The State of the Pre-Imperial government, An explanation as to the beliefs of the Phelarian mystics, The social norms of the Eriaduans, Notable Conflicts and Uprisings, Some speculation on the Eriaduans.

Before one undertakes the extensive task of arraying before their own mind the whole field of Eriaduan Emperors, a brief exposition of Pre-Emperor Eriaduan history shall be required. Opening at around 30,000 BBY, Eriadu was ruled by three superpowers of various temperaments and proclivities. Each of these super-states were generally dominated by one of three families. The first, the Adras. The Adras were, according to ancient records, a family almost totally devoid of taste, of interest in learning or the betterment of society. The Adras state was frequently racked by bloody purges and even bloodier repression against their own people, the fruit of whose labor allowed them to live their sequestered lives of lascivious indulgence, of immoderate consumption and rapacious cruelty. In a period of around one thousand years, until the unification of Eriadu, the Adras state was racked by intestine discord, contracting in a single millennium no less four hundred and fifty distinct civil wars, the exploration of which would serve neither to illuminate nor amuse the reader. All that need be elucidated is that the civil wars were destructive, both to the people, the infrastructure, and the environment of Eriadu, which at the time was populated by lush jungles, bountiful seas and alluvial forests.
The second super-state was nominally run by the Kast family. Distinguished by the fact that their territory comprised of distinctly inferior land, that their population was significantly smaller and their industrial base only a fraction of the other states, the Kast society evolved into an extremely disciplined one. Requiring a massive army merely to defend themselves from the inroads of the other states, the Kast state
(Drawde Nobbig’s note: The true name of each of these super-states is lost to history, even to the Eriaduans themselves.) grew to be a race of military commanders and warriors. Tales and legends of dubious authorship detail their victories over nearly impossible odds. Doubtful, these are greatly exaggerated, but it is certain that the Kast state had a highly motivated army, animated by a tremendous courage, confirmed in the crucible of war after war, and maintained by the populace itself, who fought in defense of the homeland of their ancestors.
The third super-state was ruled by the Thanos, those artful princes who eventually subjugated the rest of Eriadu, then finally a great portion of the galaxy. Unlike the Adras, the Thanos were generally temperate, fair and beloved by their people. Actuated by a love of learning, the ancient Thano family was a family of traders, merchants and scientists. Unlike the Kasts, the Thanos generally disdained war, although their technology was undoubtedly superior to either of the other states in almost every respect, especially military. Another distinction setting apart the Thano state from the others was that devout people’s devotion to the faith of the Phelarian mystics, known as “Phelarianism”. The Phelarian mystics were an ascetic order of force adepts, not unlike the Jedi. The simple doctrines they preached could be summed up in the following passage, a relic of ancient Eriadu, translated into Basic.
“The force is the manifestation and emanation of the will of the god of the universe, he who’s name shall not be spoken. Through his will, the true extent of which may only be known by him, he has called a chosen few, those able to wield his power (the force) to a holy priesthood. The power to forgive the transgressions of others, to prepare those who so desire for death and to unite all that can be united to him, the highest of the high. The office, but pure and holy, the force’s representative in this age, known as the “Supreme Patriarch” shall be the infallible giver of the laws and will of the most high…
(Some text is lost) When the time of this present universe is at an end, his most holy name shall be revealed to the universe, and all of creation shall be judged. Reward or punishment shall be given, according to the merits of one’s life, from then onward to… where? A fixed time? For eternity? Only the force knows.”
As such, the Thano state had social norms much more conservative then most other norms throughout the galaxy. Various restrictions, on sexual activity, food consumption, and a variety of other practices were all observed with a fervor, all of which would border on laughable in this present, enlightened age. The faith of the Phelarian mystics eventually came to dominate the Eriaduan Imperium for much of its history. Although the faith had basically died by 25,500BBY, it left an indelible impression on the culture of Eriadu, and there is yet some evidence to suggest that a few powerful officials still secretly practiced the faith. It is believed that Peter Thano was the last Supreme Patriarch, and certainly the last person of any galactic importance who believed in the doctrines and followed the precepts of that now obscure and almost surely extinct faith.
After a millennia of skirmishes, petty power struggles and minor wars, the three super-states finally declared open war around 29,000 BBY. Details are scarce, but reports reach us of the Kast and Thano allying together to defeat the perfidious Adras, who’s development of a plague and their terrible devastation of the ecosystem finally forced the other two powers to concede that their own survival was not compatible with that of the Adras. Reports vary on the length and ferocity of the war, with speculations ranging from fifty to five hundred years. Whatever the result, after a ferocious war, the Adras were defeated, their race to fade into oblivion. Either immediately after the war or after some centuries of peaceful co-existence, the Kast and Thano families came to the conclusion that they had little to gain from their separation. Around 28,500 BBY, the two states declared their union, cemented it with several marriages and declared a republic to govern the entire world of Eriadu. The Eriadu Republic stood until around 27,500 BBY, after long periods of peace and prosperity, during which the Eriaduans established a small trading empire and a variety of colonies scattered throughout their region of the galaxy. A few civil wars, protracted to no more than a few years disturbed the public tranquility, but the state was otherwise peaceful.
To give a worthy overview of the great many philosophers, poets, historians, scientists and statesmen who arose in that happy period would be in itself another work equal in fact to this one, taxing the reader to the limit before the purpose of this volume had even been reached. However, a few notable events should be ruminated on before we proceed further. A little known technology, Ion-Transdrive was developed by Eriaduan scientists circa 28,400 BBY. Although nowhere near as fast as hyperdrive, it is certainly faster than any of the other methods of propulsion at the time. (Discounting the advanced species that had developed hyperdrive previously, such as the Rakatans.) Although hyperdrive supplanted their propulsion certainly no less than five or six hundred years later, that extra jump in speed almost certainly sped their development to a rapid degree seldom achieved in other know civilizations.
The Eriaduans soon made contact with the Sullustans (From whom they eventually collaborated with to develop hyperdrive) and began a most equitable trading partnership which eventually resulted in the Sullustan holdings being absorbed into the republic. The date and circumstances as to how this was brought about is not certain, although it certainly was completed before 28,000 BBY. The absorption of non-humans into the Eriaduan political system created several vexing problems which still have not been expiated from the galaxy. The Eriaduans, conscious of their achievements and their heritage had gradually gained a certain exclusionary culture, one of pride and general disdain for other cultures and it seems certain that non-humans experienced some slight discrimination in both the republic and Imperium. A slightly higher tax perhaps, or exclusion from the absolute highest offices and honors of the state would seem likely, but no sources point to anything that can be ascertained without slipping into the greatest error of any historian: speculation and assumption.
However, the republic, after the settlement, conquest or assimilation of several sectors throughout their region of the Outer Rim, soon ran into an organizational morass, from which it seemed the government could not survive. Circa 27,550 BBY, the Eriaduan Republic was on the brink of collapse. The system of government, perfectly suited for a few planets, of similar culture and values, could not have been more poorly designed for the sprawling conglomerate it had become. The Eriaduan Popular Assembly, the Eriaduan High Council, even the military High Command was deadlocked, trapped with the endless oversights, checks, counter-checks, counter-counter-checks etc that each branch, each agency, each department was tied under. When for the third cycle in a row, the Eriaduan government was unable to pass a budget appropriations bill to fund even the simplest of government duties, the entire government collapsed in a fashion so rapid that it seems scarcely possible that the inhabitant of Eriadu was any faster aware of it then the colonist on the outer reaches of that already extensive territory. A civil war broke out within the former republic as conquered nations threw off the yolk that had been imposed upon them and interstellar conglomerates, seeing a chance at a regulatory and tax free environment, seized entire planets and erected their own standard over the Eriaduan banner.
Sensing that this crisis was perhaps the greatest threat that Eriadu had ever seen since the Adras, the two ancient families of Thano and Kast, still surviving undiminished from their ancient glory, resolved to end the strife and restore order to the chaos that had erupted about them. A civil war raged on for nearly thirty years as the Thanos and Kasts moved to slowly retake every planet, every system, every sector that had deserted their just masters. Finally, when the re-conquest had finally been completed, when the last standard of the usurpers was thrown down, relegated to the trash compactor of history, the victorious Eriaduans found themselves the rulers not of a republic, but of an empire. The bloody lesson has been learned. No longer could the Eriaduans be fettered by the chains of a bureaucratic democracy, dragging down with it the efficiency and genius of the people. No, such a strong empire required an extraordinary magistrate, one whose abilities rendered him the consummate general, the artful statesmen and the beloved father of his race. A state of more or less unlimited government had existed in some form for the duration of the civil war, the slumbering councils roused into action by this grave crisis authorized sweeping mandates of power for the heads of the Thano and Kast families.
When the choice was put to the people as to who was most worthy of empire, Galven Thano, that illustrious prince whom skillful management of the economy, his skill in military technological development, and who had many times defused rebellions and dissentions in the ranks, and whom masterful machinations had gained the Eriaduans many allies in their re-conquest and secured the neutrality of just as many external powers, or Morgan Kast, Supreme Commander of the Eriaduan military, whose masterful command of the military had been the author of so many great victories, including the Third Battle of Sullust and the Sweassena Campaign. The people, not insensible to the accomplishments of both parties, clamored for Galven Thano to accept the royal green. Although the people loved with equal fervor Morgan Kast, he was a military man through and through. The Eriaduan people, although not ungrateful for the tremendous service given to them by the Kasts, could not accept an emperor whose sole life was destruction. Rather, after such a protracted war, the people demanded a master whose life was devoted to peace, not war.
It was as the people demanded. The constitution was amended, the military ratified and the people rejoiced the choice of Galven Thano, and Eriadu, for the first time in millennia, beheld an absolute ruler, an autocratic ruler, his power unbounded, his scope limitless. The Imperium was born.

Chapter 2: The early Imperium, formation of Imperial prerogative, the establishment of Phelarianism.

Note: For the wives of the emperors, the dates of the beginning and the end of their marriage is given.

Emperor Galvin Thano {the Great***}
Galven Anaxes Eurstres Thano III

Born: ca. 27598 BBY
Ascension: 27500 BBY
Died: 27458 BBY
Wives: (1) Julia Lavia Nativia (27578 BBY – 27490 BBY)
(2) Perxa (27480 BBY – 27459 BBY)
Children: (1)Anazes Euro Thano
(2) Como Thantos Thano
(3) Illium Corona Thano**
Titles: ’Imperial Emperor’ ‘High Treasurer’ ‘Inquisitor General of Eriadu’ ‘Grand Procurator’

The first emperor of the new imperium, Galvin Thano stood at a crossroads in history. His conduct, manners and style of rule set a precedent that, with a few exceptions, set the standard for the emperors henceforward. Assuming the throne at the end of the republic, his reign lasted a glorious 42 years. Bringing his wife Julia with him to the throne, her matronly virtue brought honor to herself, her emperor and to her entire family. She modeled the quad virtues of chastity, temperance, mercy and frugality.
This first emperor set in motion a series of policies and precedents which continued to guide the emperors thousands of years after he was but a man in history. Although he had emerged victorious over Morgan Kast, he still styled that great warrior his friend and brother. Morgan Kast remained Supreme Commander of the Eriaduan armed forces until his death, and even to the end of the empire, the Kasts remained highly prominent in the military. By the end of the fifth year of his reign, he had reformed the military, rebuilt the economic infrastructure that had been destroyed in the civil war and strengthened the Imperium on every side.
He erected the elegant palaces on Eriadu, in which the emperors resided for millennia. The Hanging Gardens of Sullust were commissioned in the fortieth year of his reign, although it was not completed until at least a decade after his death. A man of great intellect, reports reach us of his educated manner. He could speak fifteen languages, was unparalleled in his knowledge of the history of Eriadu and its subordinate parts and his grasp of Phelarian theology was considered vast. He forged trade routes with foreign powers and encouraged the arts and sciences, of which he himself personally enjoyed.
The military exploits of the Emperor Galvin were minor. Some reports of pirates survive, but no other records of any unrest reaches us in this present age. His death, was remarkable and was lamented for years afterward. In the 41st year of his reign, his beloved wife, Perxa died after a ravaging illness that lingered for nearly half a year. Stricken with grief, the unfortunate emperor entered what appears to be a serious depression. Finally, he succumbed to despair and killed himself in the traditional manner by opening his veins. His corpse was found the next day by his chief advisor, whose name has faded into history. A period of mourning was declared and he was interred with full honors in the great Mausoleum of Eriadu, henceforward known as the “Galvin Tombs”. A great many noble and proud emperors were interred here over the centuries.
After the unfortunate death of the Emperor Galvin, questions began to plague the Eriaduans. No designated successor had been left. Quickly, factions sprang up throughout the royal court, the civil government and the military as to who should be the successor. After a brief period of chaos, three main contenders emerged. The three eldest sons of the emperor, Anazes, Como, and Illium. The party of Anazes was embraced by the military, the party of Como by the sector and planetary governors, and Illium by the people. It seemed that a civil war was imminent, but at the last moment the three came to an understanding and Illium Corona Thano was elected the next emperor by the consent of the other two.

Emperor Illium Thano
Illium Corona Thano I

Born: ca. 27502 BBY
Ascension 27458 BBY
Died: 27438 BBY
Wives: (1) Amora Quintuss (27522 BBY – 27438 BBY)
Children: (1) Tyranna Dith Thano
(2) Femina Perscribo Thano
(3) Lyrissica Jakk Thano**
(4) Petrus Galvin Thano
Titles: ’Imperial Emperor’ ‘High Treasurer’ ‘Inquisitor General of Eriadu’ ‘Grand Procurator’ ‘Grand Patriarch (27473 BBY)’

The ascension of the Emperor Illium was, for all the controversy surrounding it, a rather trivial event. His policies, his views, even his vices and virtues were almost exactly like that of his father. Weather this was by accident or by the design of a grieving son, the first five years of Illium’s twenty year reign were unremarkable, holding not a single event worth our notice. A few miniscule temples erected, a few small monuments, none of which held the slightest notoriety a mere century after. It would have appeared, to the Eriaduan of the time that the Emperor Illium was like his father, only lacking the genius of that excellent magistrate.
For the first half of the sixth cycle of Illium’s reign, it seemed that the slumber and lethargy that had marked the first five years of his reign would be repeated in his sixth. However fate, or the force, would not have it. Just three days after the Phelarian holy day known as ‘Feast of the Most Holy Grand Patriarch’, invaders from outside known space attacked the Eriadu system. The invaders, though few, devastated the Eriaduan military garrison. The Supreme Commander Morgan Kast, who had survived his friend and sovereign by several years, died bravely in the attack, ramming his badly damaged flagship into the last remaining enemy ship, saving the planet from terrible calamity.
High Admiral Tyranna Thano succeeded that martial hero, whose military service to Eriadu had been unparalleled in history and whose name shall forever be remembered in glory. Upon news of the attack, it is said the Emperor Illium called together his chief military officers, along with the Ministry of Military production to a summit on Eriadu, ostensibly to analyze the attack and formulate a just defense. A near hysteria gripped the capital as the empire mobilized itself to fight an enemy whom they knew not even their name, nor origin, nor the reason for the attack.
From descriptions of the ships and of their soldiers, we can determine with some accuracy the enemy against which the Eriaduans were facing. Their brave soldiers were facing the perfidious Infinite Empire, the name of which shall forever recall a cruel oppression, a terrible devastation and an unendurable tyranny. Finally corrupted by their own avarice and their own insatiable lusts, the Infinite Empire met the tardy, but deserved fate of dissolution.
The first conflict between the Eriaduans and Infinite Empire, which we shall call the “First Infinite War” was fought over a period of ten years. Over the course of that time, the Eriaduans neither ventured from their own space, nor formulated a plan of attack, such was the power of their foe’s weaponry and of their space fleet. The war was terrible for the Eriaduans. Although the exact death toll is not known, we can illustrate the calamity of the war by exhibiting but a single battle. Two years into the conflict, the Rakatan appeared over Sullust and assembled into a wedge formation just outside the system and advanced, destroying anything in their path, freighters, civilian pleasure vehicles or even commercial satellites. By the time the Eriaduans arrived and formulated a defense, the enemy had already annihilated the settlement on the third moon of Sullust III. Over four million persons perished in that single bombardment. The battle was fierce.
But the cruel Rakatans could not accept even a just defeat. As their last ship was being destroyed, a canister was launched at incredible velocity from the dying flagship. Unable to intercept it, the Eriaduans watched as the container crashed on the surface of Sullust, releasing a deadly contagion, which had not yet been totally expiated from the planet three years later. The death toll of that terrible plague, in the end, totaled over twenty millions of persons, none of whom had even the slightest connection to the military effort of the Eriaduans. It is worth noting that the few Rakatans the Eriaduans captured were treated, by all contemporary reports, with the utmost dignity and respect that a prisoner of war can expect.
Finally, ten years after the raids and attacks had began, they ended as suddenly as they had started. The people watched and waited, in silent fear that the Rakatans would soon return, with redoubled fury. But as the years passed, they breathed a sigh of relief that the threat had, so it seemed, passed. That terrible conflict, which had been protracted over ten years, greatly influenced the budding Imperium. Whereas before the Eriaduans had met every new species, every new power with a welcoming hand and plentiful gifts, a liberal injection of bitterness, created by the war, hardened into outright xenophobia. From then on, it no longer seemed so unjustifiable for the Eriaduan Commander, or indeed, even an emperor, to attack an outside power first. For, indeed, was allowing them to strike the Eriaduans first wise? Of course not. From that point on, the Eriaduans would conquer. Not with the cruelty of the Rakatans, or with the flailing strikes of the Sith, but with the cold and calculating intensity of a person who’s goal was to secure for himself an unassailable base of power, from which no enemy could threaten him.
The reason why the Rakatan turned back is unknown. Perhaps it was the ferocity of the Eriaduan defense which told them it was a waste of effort to attempt to subdue such an unruly people, or perhaps it was domestic troubles. Whatever the reason, the final battle of the First Infinite War at least sent a message to the Rakatans that this would not be an easy conquest. It was fought, ironically enough, in the Eriadu system itself, where the first attack had taken place. Although the Rakatan space fleet was destroyed, they managed to land several contingents of troops in the Eriaduan Capitol of Phelar itself. A fierce battle ensued, during which large parts of the palace were destroyed. Even the Supreme Patriarch himself was captured, and it seems probable that he would have been killed had the emperor himself not rallied his troops and lead a spirited charge to retake that holy person.
After nearly three days of fighting, the last Rakatan was killed and the Eriaduans stood victorious once again. After the battle had been concluded, the Supreme Patriarch declared that the emperor deserved a reward that no amount of wealth could provide. Stretching out with his arcane powers, that most powerful and revered of Supreme Patriarchs, the immortal Korrin Sinan pronounced two things upon the emperor. First, he discharged upon him the office of Grand Patriarch, with all the privileges, powers and responsibilities hereto. The investiture was happily ratified by the other Grand Patriarchs. Second and more importantly, Korrin Sinan pronounced a great blessing upon the emperor, declaring that ‘for so long as your relations walk among the galaxy, may their lives be extended with uncommon longevity, may your sons, and their sons, and their sons on to the end of the universe receive a greater portion of strength and virility, may your daughters, and her daughters, and her daughters onward to the end of time receive a greater portion of beauty, a greater portion of fertility, and the sharpness of mind that comes with the female sex. Finally, may your descendants always have a connection to the most holy energy of he whose name must not yet be spoken, and may they forever be able to, before they and the universe receive their great judgment, may they be allowed to return to this transient universe, to communicate, to instruct, and to observe the living.’
Although such superstition would be laughed at in this modern age, one cannot help but overlook that the Thano family, whenever they could avoid an accidental or intentional death, lived unusually long. They seemed to possess a greater share of beauty, of intellectual ability, and strength. This was not just in a particular era. It has carried itself for thousands of years in recorded history. Besides this (admittedly circumstantial) evidence, I also strongly believe in the reality of this “blessing” (That it was performed and worked, not in the theology surrounding it). The basis for this belief I am afraid I cannot reveal to the general populace at this time.
With the end of the war, the last five years of the Emperor Illium’s reign was marked with a few minor scandals. One of his daughters, Lyrissica Jakk Thano, was caught in, what history recorded only as “indecent sexual activity”. It became such an embarrassment for her afflicted father that he exiled her in 27440 BBY. To where she was exiled and her eventual fate is unknown. The Emperor Illium passed the remainder of his years as emperor consumed mostly in leisure activities, gardening, holo-games, sporting events and other trifles. It seems likely he would have spent the rest of his likely quite long life at this frivolity had, 27438 BBY, he not, while on a hunting expedition in the wilds of Dathomir, a most obscure and forsaken planet, recently discovered and rarely visited, been killed by a particularly large rancor he had hit with a tragically glancing shot to the thigh. The shot had enraged the beast and, rightfully seeing the aged emperor as the agent of the mischief that had afflicted him, finished off the emperor with a great sweep of his claws. The body of that unfortunate potentate was never recovered, and his son, Petrus Galvin Thano, having been named successor nearly a decade before, ascended the throne with little controversy and even less disconsolation.

Appendix A: Explanation of Imperial titles*.

Over the millennia, the office and position of Eriaduan Emperor became associated with a great many titles and positions, some of which are relics from the republic, others created during the civil war, and still others created throughout the history of the Imperium itself. The titles officially held by each emperor are listed in the entry for each respective emperor.

The first title all of the rulers of the Eriadu Imperium held was that of “Imperial Emperor”. This position, created with the first emperor, was a title of general command over the entire Imperium. No known emperor ever did not hold (Or not claim to hold) this title.

Secondly, the title of “Supreme Patriarch”, the head of the Phelarian religion, was often taken by the emperors upon their ascension to the throne during the period in which the Phelarian religion was the officially established one of the Imperium, supported by the public treasures, endorsed by the emperor and his court, and taught throughout the schools of the empire. The power this title commanded was tremendous, as it carried not just the weight of temporal advantage, but of possibly eternal implications for the afterlife.

The title “High Treasurer” is one of the ancient republican titles retained by some of the emperors, whose avarice or prudence prompted them to take this title, indicating to the empire that their goals were of frugality, thriftiness and sound fiscal management. It also was symbolically linked with their supreme power to dispense the treasury of the empire as they saw fit.

“Grand Patriarch” was a title held in high esteem within the Phelarian religion. Although not as potent as “Supreme Patriarch”, the title nonetheless carried great weight among the people and throughout the entire Imperium. Typically, this was bestowed upon the emperor at his coronation by the Supreme Patriarch, with the blessing of the other Grand Patriarchs of course.

“Supreme Commander” is a title occasionally taken by some of the more militaristic emperors, although usually it is bestowed upon a subordinate, whose skills in military command was considered to exceed that of the timid emperor who bestowed it. As the name implies, this title carries with it supreme and unparalleled command of all Eriaduan military forces.

“Lord Protector of the Outer Rim” was a title taken by some of the emperors in the course of their reigns, as their expansionist policies were rooted in the belief it was their manifest destiny to hold and control at least the Outer Rim of the galaxy.

“Supreme Viceroy of the Inner Rim” was a title assumed by the more commercial emperors, whose policies dictated a peaceful expansion into that area of space, primarily for the purpose of trade and commerce.

“Inquisitor General of Eriadu” was yet another of the titles retained from the era of the republic. In that free time, the Inquisitor General oversaw the morals and conduct of the citizens of the republic, taking appropriate action when needed. An emperor who assumed this title himself rather then bestowing it on a qualified subordinate indicated to the entire Imperium that he was dedicated to the ancient morality and orthodox religious attitudes. As the Phelarian religion declined in the Late Imperium Era, this title gradually diminished and eventually disappeared.

“Patron of Kings” was a lofty title that appeared from time to time throughout the reigns of the emperors. Those emperors who, by their military genius or by their skillful command had subdued other rulers and principalities took this title to show the beneficent and generous treatment they gave to the rival potentates they had captured.

“Master Conqueror” was another militaristic title, taken by the emperors who considered the conquests they made as tremendously heroic and worthy of a unique title. This was often given posthumously to the emperors as a way of honoring the fallen sovereign.

“Lord Sovereign of the Public” was a decidedly peaceful title, bestowed upon or assumed by the emperors whose intent was to enrich the public culture and beauty through the commencement of libraries, schools, gardens, plazas, celebrations and other such revelry.

“Grand Procurator” was another of the ancient republican titles often retained by the emperors. In republican times, the title was held by the highest judges of the land. By assuming this title, the emperors announced to the Imperium that they considered their judgments supreme in all civil and criminal cases, with no possibility of redress or appeal.

Appendix B: Explanation of Imperial title surnames.*.

The Eriaduan Emperors, in contemporary times and even much later were

*All names have been translated into roughly their Basic meaning.

**Other children either unknown or obscure. A common practice for the Eriaduan emperors was, after the children had reached maturity, any of them that displayed abilities below that of the seemingly impossible high standards were quietly stripped of their name and given a lower profile post, such as an officer, a minister, or a scientist.

***Given posthumously

Edit: Now that I look at it more closely, it seems that copying\pasting from Microsoft word didn't work too well... For those not wishing to read through the whole text, I shall ostensibly get the Word version up. (Perhaps easier on the eyes.)

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-06 10:48 AM EDT (US)     579 / 2495       

Quote:

(Some text is lost)

Also means:

Quote:

Wait, there's more!

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 09-13-2006 @ 06:39 PM).]

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-06 10:54 AM EDT (US)     580 / 2495       
Actually, that's a "in universe thing". As in, itindicates that the datapad, or whatever medium the text was derived from, was damaged in areas and not all of the text could be recovered.

Incidentally, Cheapy, do you have MSN?

Sic Transit Gloria.

[This message has been edited by Imperial_Persia (edited 09-13-2006 @ 11:39 AM).]

Archbishop Green
Clone Trooper
(id: Reverend Green)
posted 09-13-06 05:30 PM EDT (US)     581 / 2495       
I have no intention of starting an RPG, but does anyone here think a Napoleonic RPG would be feasible?

"You might very well think that, Mattie. I couldn't possibly comment." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

"After the silly season comes the conference season. Opposition did rather well this year. Abandoned their usual tactic of squabbling in public and shooting themselves in the foot; had a go at us instead. Especially the Prime Minister, I'm sorry to say. Most unsporting." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

Cadre
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-06 05:36 PM EDT (US)     582 / 2495       
No...

Cadre - Proud member of the Brotherhood of Nod
SWGBH | CnC3 | Heavengames
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-06 06:17 PM EDT (US)     583 / 2495       
Good God! That is a crapload of made up emperor bios! Also, it WOULD be feasible to do a napoleonic RPG but it would probably have to be a bit on the faction-based side, since nothing really interesting happened to characters around then other than wars which would require factions. If you wanted me to, I am well-versed in napoleonic battle tactics and would be glad to assist you should the need arise.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-06 09:19 AM EDT (US)     584 / 2495       
As big a fan of the Napoleonic Era and of Napoleon himself (FIgures, the French's greatest leader isn't even French) I can't say I'd be particularly interested in an RPG like that. I like the SW here, and since I only have time for one RPG at a time, I couldn't possibly join.

As for the Chronicle, I did a bit more work last night, which I think is pretty fun. 14 pages total so far.

Also, DarthKiev and FoO, if you could get on MSN, I have some things to discuss.

Sic Transit Gloria.

[This message has been edited by Imperial_Persia (edited 09-14-2006 @ 09:23 AM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-06 03:42 PM EDT (US)     585 / 2495       
People say that a lot and it`s a common misconception. Napoleon is, in fact, french. He was born on and lived on corsica, which was at the time owned by france. He was therefore, technically, a frenchman.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-06 07:33 PM EDT (US)     586 / 2495       
I would be interested in joining a Nepoleonic wars RPG. I think that might be fun.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-06 08:16 PM EDT (US)     587 / 2495       
Anyone else interested in FP?

Please?

Archbishop Green
Clone Trooper
(id: Reverend Green)
posted 09-15-06 09:55 AM EDT (US)     588 / 2495       

Quote:

People say that a lot and it`s a common misconception. Napoleon is, in fact, french. He was born on and lived on corsica, which was at the time owned by france. He was therefore, technically, a frenchman.

But what people forget is that if he had been born about 10-20 yrs earlier he'd have been Italian. When you come to think of it, his name does sound rather more Italian than French.

"You might very well think that, Mattie. I couldn't possibly comment." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

"After the silly season comes the conference season. Opposition did rather well this year. Abandoned their usual tactic of squabbling in public and shooting themselves in the foot; had a go at us instead. Especially the Prime Minister, I'm sorry to say. Most unsporting." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-06 10:07 AM EDT (US)     589 / 2495       
I was speaking ethnically, not nationally. Just because Germany conquered France in the 40's doesn't mean that everyone in former France was German.

Sic Transit Gloria.

ARCcaptain
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-06 04:26 PM EDT (US)     590 / 2495       
im sure someone has thought of this before, but what the heck...

every thing in this RPG is subject to change! feel free to say anything on how this RPG can be changed. Point out anything that seems missing
ill deal with colors on everything later, dont worry.
And i could use a cooler title

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE SIGNING UP!

A Galaxy Divided
The Galactic Civil War RPG

It is a Period of Galactic Civil War. Once
Isolated resistence groups have banded to
gether to form the REBEL ALLIANCE in an att
ept to wrest control of the galaxy form the
evil Empire and restore peace and freedom to
the galaxy.

Led by the evil sith lord DARTH VADER, the
Empire has sworn to crush the Rebellion at
its roots and maintain its iron grip on the
galaxy.

His fleet of Star Destroyers now decneds
upon the planet Kalaan....

Welcome to the Galactic civil war RPG! This RPG takes place around 1BBY and the war between the Rebel Alliance
and Galactic Empire is escalating.
THE RULES:
1.have fun!
2.be resonable. If you carry a rocket launcher, no other big weapons.
3.be accurate. you cant build the death star in one day.
4.be nice to any or all n00bs involved in this rpg.
5.max 3 characters per person
6.no whining/fighting/spamming-if something sounds unfair, point it out and well work it out.
7. follow the rules

I)To join fill out a character sheet as follows
name:
RP'er:
weapons:
personal craft:
bio:
other:

NOTE: YOU MAY INVENT A CHARACTER, BUT ITS PREFERRED THAT YOU STAY AS CANONICAL AS POSSIBLE

II)GAME MECHANICS

SHIPYARDS-some planets will have a shipyards leveled 1-5. The type of craft you can build and
the speed at which it is built depends on this. higher level shipyards build faster than lower ones.
level 1-can build fighters and capital ships 100-200 meters long
level 2-can build fighters and capital ships 100-500 meters long
level 3-can build foghters and capital ships 100-700 meters long
level 4-can build fighters and capital ships 100-1000 meters long
level 5-can build fighters and capital ships 1000+ meters long

FACTION TURNS-Unlike other RPG'S where RP'ers can post whenever they want, this RPG will 1 day alloted for
RP'ers of each faction to post. The Empire will go first, then the Empire the next day, and
it will alternate as thus untill the RPG ends. This is to allow events to be followed in a more organized manner.
All rebel aligned RP'esr will bost in red, and imperial ones in green, so it will be easier to discern when one turn ends and
the next begins.

HARDPOINT PLANETS-When all the panets at which a unit is built are captured by the other side, that unit shall be disabled from further
building untill those planets are recaptured. The planets at which a unit can be built will be specified by the locale of the company
that builds the unit. For Example, if all Kuat Drive Yards locations are captured(Kuat, Xa Fel, Balmorra, Belderone, Rothana),
all Kuat drive yards built units will be unable to be produced further. However, existing units are still viable. The unit and planet lists
will cite details on building locales.
(NOTE:BUILDING LOCALES WONT NECISARILY BE CANONICAL)

FIXED RESEARCH-The only available research options are those listed here. Make sure to apply all the restrictions.

EMPIRE:

1)DEATH STAR I
Required Planets:Coruscant, Anaxes, Phelarion, Fresia,Axxila, Carida, Kuat, Fondor, Balmorra, Corellia
Corellia, Eriadu, Alderaan, Duro, Byss, Tepasi, Hapes, Esseles, Trandosha, Rothana, Beldeorne, Skako, Xa Fel
Lianna,Wayland, Sullust, Tinnel 4, Endor, Empress Teta, Taris, Kalist 6, Chardaan, Foerost, Rendili
Can be Researched at:Coruscant

2)EXCECUTOR CLASS STAR DREADNAUGHT(Kuat Drive Yards)
Required Planets:Coruscant, Anaxes, Fresia, Xa Fel, Belderone, Taris, Empress Teta, Carida, Tinnel 4, Loronar Kuat, Fondor, Corellia, Balmorra
Duro, Lianna, Axxila, Eriadu, Tepasi, Foerost, Rendili, Chardaan, Kalist 6, Esseles, Chardaan, Ord Cantrell, Wayland, Phelarion
Thyferra, Trandosha, Contruum, Alderaan
Cab be researched at:Kuat, Fondor

3)TIE INTERCEPTOR, TIE DEFENDER, SCHIMITAR BOMBER(Sienar Fleet Systems)
Required Planets:Coruscant, Lianna, Chardaan, Esseles
Can be researched at: Coruscant, Anaxes, Fresia,, Axxila, Empress Teta, Carida, Kuat, Fondor, Balmorra,
Corellia, Eriadu, Chardaan, Alderaan, Duro, Byss, Tinnel 4, Hapes, Trandosha, Rothana
Lianna,Bestine, SLuis Van, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Wayland, Sullust, Foerost, Rendili

4)ECLIPSE CLASS STAR DREADNAUGHT(Kuat Drive Yards)
Required pLANETS: Coruscant, Anaxes, Garrenthum, Xa Fel, Sullust, Skako, Fresia, Axxila, Empress Teta, Carida, Kuat, Fondor, Balmorra,
Corellia, Eriadu, Tepasi, Chardaan, Alderaan, Duro, Esseles, Jabiim, Byss, Tinnel 4, Hapes, Trandosha, Rothana
Lianna,Bestine, SLuis Van, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Wayland, Sullust, Foerost, Rendili
Can be researched at:Byss

5)LANCER CLASS FRIGATE(Loronar Engineering Corporation)
Required planets:Coruscant, Anaxes, Carida, Phelarion, Tepasi, Eriadu, Axxila
Can be researched at:Coruscant, Anaxes, Fresia,, Axxila, Empress Teta, Carida, Kuat, Fondor, Balmorra,
Corellia, Eriadu, Chardaan, Alderaan, Duro, Byss, Tinnel 4, Hapes, Trandosha, Rothana

REBEL ALLIANCE:

1)ALLIANCE ASSAULT FRIGATE-(Allaiance Shipyards)
Required planets:Yavin 4,Sluis Van, Rendili
Can be researched at: Coruscant, Duro, Anaxes, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Sluis Van, Sullust, Rendili, Ralltiir, Corellia, Alderaan, Hapes
Loratus, Vergesso Astroids, Dantooine, Polis Massa, Brigia, Bestine

2)X-Wing(Incom Corporation)
Required Planets:Yavin 4, Fresia
Can be researched at: Coruscant, Duro, Anaxes, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Ralltiir, Sluis Van, Corellia, Alderaan, Chardaan, Hapes, Polis Massa
Loratus, Naboo, Vergesso Astroids, Dantooine, Brigia, Bestine, Sullust

3)B Wing(Slayn & Korpil)
Required Planets:Mon Calimari, Yavin 4, Roche Astroid Field,
Can be researched at: Coruscant, Duro, Anaxes, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Sluis Van, Corellia, Alderaan, Chardaan, Hapes, Polis Massa
Vergesso Astroids, Dantooine, Brigia, Tiisheraan, Bestine, Sullust, Ralltiir

4)K wing (Koensayr Manufacturing)
Required Planets:Roche Astroid Field, Vergesso Astroids, Yavin 4, Corellia, Ralltiir
Can be researched at: Coruscant, Duro, Anaxes, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Sluis Van, Corellia, Alderaan, Chardaan, Hapes, Polis Massa
Vergesso Astroids, Dantooine, Brigia, Tiisheraan, Bestine, Sullust, Ralltiir, Roche Astroid Field

5)E wing(Incom Corporation)
Required Planets:Yavin 4, Vergesso astroids, Fresia
Can be researched at:Coruscant, Duro, Anaxes, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Sluis Van, Corellia, Alderaan, Chardaan, Hapes, Polis Massa
Vergesso Astroids, Dantooine, Brigia, Tiisheraan, Bestine, Sullust, Ralltiir, Roche Astroid Field

6)A-wing(Alliance Engineering)
Required Planets:Fresia, Sullust, Vergesso Astroids, Yavin 4
can be researched at: Coruscant, Duro, Anaxes, Yavin 4, Mon Calimari, Sluis Van, Corellia, Alderaan, Chardaan, Hapes, Polis Massa

7)MC90 Mon Calimari Cruiser(Mon Calimari shipyards)
Required planets: Mon Calimari, Yavin 4, Corellia, Aldraan, Ralltiir, Chandrilla, Sluis Van, Brigia
Vergesso Astroids, Commendor, Dantooine, Bestine, Rendili
Can be researched at: Coruscant, Mon Calimari, Sluis Van

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE
Leaders:Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin

PLANETS
Anaxes-Anaxes Citadel, strong imperial support, Commerce, trade routes, millitary support
Axxila-Industry, trade routes
Balmorra-Kuat Drive Yards location, lv 3 shipyards, Industry, military support
Belderone-Kuat Drive Yards location,lv3 shipyards, agriculture, trade routes
Byss-Dark side world, lv5 shipyards, emperor's retreat
Carida-imperial acadamy, military support
Chardaan-lv 3 shipyards, Commerce
Duro-technology, trade routes, Commerce, Industry, lv2 shipyards
Empress Teta-Agriculture, trade routes, Commerce
Endor-secret construction facilities
Eriadu-Ubrikkan Industries, strong imperial support, Industry, Commerce
Esseles-Damorian Manufacturing, lv2 shipyards, strong imperial support
Foerost-lv5 shipyards
Fondor-lv5 shipyards, astroid mining
Fresia-Incom Corporation, lv3 shipyards, millitary support
Gerrenthum-Trade routes, Commerce
Hapes-technology, Commerce, trade routes
Imperial Center-Center of the galaxy, imperial capitol, trade routes, Commerce, Industry, millitary support,
Kalist 6-mining, Industry, millitary support
Karavis-lv3 shipyards
Kuat-Kuat drive yards headquarters lv5 shipyards, Industry, strong imperial support, millitary support,Commerce
Lianna- Sienar fleet systems headquarters,lv3 shipyards, Trade Routes
Metellos-Commerce, Trade routes, industry
Loronar-lv2 shipyards, commerce, industry
Ord Cantrell-Industry, millitary support, trade routes
Phelarion-strong imperial support, Commerce
Rendili-Rendili Star Drive, lv4 shipyards
Rothana-Kuat Drive Yards location(Rothana Heavy Engineering), lv4 shipyards, Industry, millitary support
Taris-strong imperial support, Commerce, millitary support
Tepasi-Strong imperial support, agriculture, Commerce
Tinnel 4-Industry,millitary support
Thyferra-Bacta
Trandosha-strong imperial support
Skako-lv3 shipyards,Industry, millitary support, trade routes
Wayland-Mount Tantiss storehouse
Xa Fel-Kuat Drive Yards location,lv3 shipyards, millitary support

AVAILABLE UNITS

SPACE

CAPITAL SHIPS
Tartan Patrol Cruiser-Damorian Manufacturing
Carrack-class light cruiser-Damorian Manufacturing
Strike-class cruiser-Loronar Engineering Corporation
Interdictor Star Destroyer-Kuat Drive Yards
Acclamator 1/2-class assault ship-Rothana Heavy Engineering
Victory 1/2-class Frigate-Rendili StarDrive
Venator Star Destroyer-Kuat Drive Yards
Imperial 1/2-class Star Destroyer-Kuat Drive Yards

FIGHTERS
TIE fighter-Sienar Fleet Systems
TIE bomber-Sienar Fleet Systems
V-Wing starfighter-Kuat Drive Yards
Eta-2A Actis interceptor-Kuat Drive Yards

LAND
Stromtroopers
Scout Troopers
Chariot light assault vehicle-Kuat Drive Yards
AT-PT-Rothana Heavy Engineering
AT-AR-Rothana Heavy Engineering
AT-ST-Rothana Heavy Engineering
AT-AA-Rothana Heavy Engineering
IFT-X Sabre-T-class repulsortank-Rothana Heavy Engineering
SPMA-T-Kuat Drive Yards
A9 Floating Fortress-Ubrikkan Industries
PX-10 Mobile Command Base-Ubrikkan Industries
A5 Juggernaut-Kuat Drive Yards
A6 Juggernaut-Kuat Drive Yards
AT-AT-Rothana Heavy Engineering

SUPPORT
Lambda class shuttle-Sienar Fleet Systems
Sentinel Class shuttle-Sienar Fleet Systems
Theta class shuttle-Kuat Drive Yards
Y-85 Titan dropship-Incom Corporation
Star Galleon-Kuat Drive Yards

THE ALLIANCE TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC
Leaders:Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar, General Dodanna

PLANETS
Alderaan-strong rebel support
Aridus-Yutrane Trackata, Industry, mining, millitary support
Bestine-lv3 shipyards
Bothawui-bothan spy net, strong rebel support
Brigia-Rebel Base
Chandrila-strong rebel support, agriculture, trade routes
Commendor-lv2 shipyards, Industry
Contruum-Industry
Corellia-Corellian Engineering Corporation, lv5 shipyards, strong rebel support, trade routes, agriculture, Commerce
Dantooine-Major Rebel Base, strong rebel support, agriculture
Geonosis-strong rebel support, Industry, millitary support
Hoth-Rebel Base
Jabiim-strong rebel support, mining
Kalaan-strong rebel support, Industry, mining
Kashyyyk-strong rebel support
Krant-rebel spy rendezvous, agriculture
Loratus-Loratus Manufacturing,Industry,military support
Mon Calimari-Mon Calimari Shipyards, lv5 shipyards, strong rebel support
Naboo-strong rebel support, agriculture
Orion IV-minor Rebel Base, Commerce
Polis Massa-Rebel Base, astroid mining
Polus-strong rebel support, mining
Ralltiir-strong rebel support, trade routes, Commerce
Roche Astroid Field-Slayn & Korpil, Koensayr Manufacturing
Shola- minor Rebel Base
Sluis Van-Allaiance Shipyards,lv4 shipyards, strong rebel support
Sullust-SoroSuub, lv4 shipyards, strong rebel support
Tiisheraan-agriculture, trade routes
Vergesso Astroids-lv2 shipyards, rebel starfighter base
Yavin 4- Alliance Engineering, Major Rebel Base, millitary support

AVAILABLE UNITS

SPACE

CAPITAL SHIPS
Corellian Corvette-Corellian Engineering Corporation
Corellian Gunship-Corellian Engineering Corporation
Liberator Medium Cruiser-SoroSuub
CC-9600 Frigate-Corellian Engineering Corporation
Quasar Fire class carrier-SoroSuub
Nebulon-B frigate-Kuat Drive Yards
Mon Calimari light cruiser-Mon Calimari Shipyards
Neutron Star class bulk cruiser-Rendili StarDrive
Dreadnaught-Rendili StarDrive
Mon Calimari Cruiser-Mon Calimari Shipyards

FIGHTERS
Z-95 Headhunter-Incom Corporation
BTL Y-Wing starfighter/bomber-SoroSuub
V Wing starfighter-Kuat Drive Yards

LAND
Rebel Soldiers
Clone Swamp Speeder-Rothana Heavy Engineering
T1-B Hovertank-Yutrane Trackata
T47 Airspeeder-Incom Corporation
Rebel armored Freerunner-Loratus Manufacturing
TC9 Hover Transport-Loratus Manufacturing
Rebel Combat Speeder-SoroSuub
AAC-1/2 Hovertank-SoroSuub
AT-AP-Rothana Heavy Engineering
MPTL-Loratus Manufacturing
T3-B heavy attack tank-Yutrane Trackata
A5 Juggernaut/Rebel Attack Tank-Yutrane Trackata

SUPPORT
Gallofree Medium Transport-Alliance Shipyards
Bantha class cargo skiff-Ubrikkan Industries
Bantha class assault shuttle-SoroSuub
Sentinel class landing craft-Sienar Fleet Systems
Lambda class shuttle-Sienar Fleet Systems
YT-2000 Light frighter-Corellian Engineering Corporation
YT-2500 Light Frighter-Corellian Engineering Corporation

A R C c a p t a i n
"Excuses are like noses. Everyone has them"-Tom Cavanaugh
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-06 04:30 PM EDT (US)     591 / 2495       
ArcCaptain, you are indeed right, something like this has been done before. I am intrigued at your interest and ingenuity in creating SW Empire simulations. I myself created some time ago a system like this (albeit, if I may say so myself, much more thorough). I'd be interested in talking to you about this. Please contact me via MSN messenger,

kirspiluk21@verizon.net

Sic Transit Gloria.

[This message has been edited by Imperial_Persia (edited 09-15-2006 @ 04:37 PM).]

ARCcaptain
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-06 04:40 PM EDT (US)     592 / 2495       
sorry, but i dont have msn messenger
you can emial me at meritt.elmasri@gmail.com though

i take it youre interested?

A R C c a p t a i n
"Excuses are like noses. Everyone has them"-Tom Cavanaugh
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-15-06 04:41 PM EDT (US)     593 / 2495       
In a manner of speaking, I am. I've e-mailed you, just FYI.

Sic Transit Gloria.

[This message has been edited by Imperial_Persia (edited 09-15-2006 @ 04:54 PM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-16-06 01:54 PM EDT (US)     594 / 2495       
France owned corsica, so therefore everybody in corsica was french. That is how things work. Are people in Alaska russian because the United States did not originally own Alaska? No. Whoever owns the land owns the people, unfortunately, and france owned the land. (And they still do, actually). Germany owned the northern section of france, this means that all former french people had to follow their laws and etc. All former frenchmen were not german citizens, but they were living in germany at the time. Same with napoleon and corsica. He was living in france at the time since france owned corsica, therefore he was french. Corsican is not a nationality, and therefore he could not be considered corsican. Now that that is out of the way -

I would also like to sign up for that awesome looking empire vs. rebellion RPG. Email is lorddarthnewbie@yahoo.com. If you have AIM my AIM is reaper 093. (space between name and numbers).

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-16-06 08:02 PM EDT (US)     595 / 2495       
I have just thought of the most awesome timeline for an RPG! Imperial civil war era. Not galactic, imperial. This is the span of time when all sorts of crazy shit went down such as: the repeated fall of coruscant to another faction, the massive imperial war machine destroying itself, the attempts to suceed the emperor as ruler of the galaxy, the cloned emperor, thrawn, and much much more!

Tell me if you are interested in playing an RPG in this timeline (post episode 6 up to the cease of hostilities between the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic) and if enough people are I will get to work making it! Think about it: the most destructive war(s) in the history of the star wars galaxy... now all of their resources are at your fingertips to do as you wish! Take command where the emperor left off (albeit not on purpose) and mold the galaxy to your designs!

This RPG, if made, will likely be a mix between character and faction based. The major factions will include large crime syndicates such as black sun, the New Republic, and the various warring factions of the Imperial Remnant.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Rosswell
Banned
posted 09-17-06 02:42 AM EDT (US)     596 / 2495       

RISE OF THE SITH

Star Wars
The hyper-drive is invented and comes into use. Xim the Despot rules over a vast region of space before being overthrown by the group led by Kossak the Hutt. The Old Republic, which is the first galaxy-wide government, is formed. The Order of Jedi Knights begins, presumably on the planets Ossus or Coruscant. It is a period of galactic peace and expansion of the Republic.
A schism develops between the Sith and the Jedi, both of which had previously been joint defenders of the galaxy. This leads to the Jedi forcing the Sith to flee into unknown space, eventually settling on the world of Korriban. No hyperspace charts exist for a return journey because of the primitive levels of navigation systems used. The original inhabitants of Korriban the Massassi begin to learn from the Sith, and also the Massassi priests begin to teach the Sith the dark side sorceries they know. The combination of the two form the Sith Alchemy and Dark Side Magic's that the Sith become so famous for in later years. The Sith and the Massassi begin to interbreed as well, leading to the species becoming virtually one. The combined species retain a two tier class system, those with force potential being the Sith, and therefore the leaders of their society, the others are the Massassi and the workers and slaves.
The sith need a leader they fight for it for a long time eventualy a leader is chosen:
Darth Brill leader of all sith

Rules:
- No godmodding (for example: I decided to build ten death stars, bloweded up all planets and buyed dis super shot gun with which I could easily destroy all da ships).
- Only 5 characters per player (this may be subject to change)
- No flaming.
- Do not kill other player's characters without their permission.
- In battles, give the opponent time to react, no one-post victories, unless approved beforehand.

SITH

SHIPS:

Star ships:
Sith cruser
Sith DreadNaught
Gargoyle Transport

figthers:
Sith Terminator
Sith Starfighter
light Sith Starfighter

WEAPONS:

Wrist Saber
Red Saber
Light Claws

REPUBLIC

SHIPS:

star ships:
Republic Frigate

figthers:

Delta-20 Starfighter
Epsilon-7 Interceptor
Hyperdrive Booster Ring

WEAPONS:

BlasTech K-12
Grenade Launcher
Venom Blaster Rifle
Agima Armour

characters:

Name:
User:
Sex:
Species:
Class:
Fighter:
Weapons:
Bio:
Other: (Optional)
Post Color:

!!If you know a weapon/ship/race i forgot please tell!!

Name: Darth brill
User:Rosswell
will update rest later
Sex:
Species:
Class:
Fighter:
Weapons:
Bio:
Other: (Optional)
Post Color:

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-17-06 02:59 AM EDT (US)     597 / 2495       
No. Just no. You did NOT just copy your damn topic post from the RPG, and paste in here empty character list and all. If you want somebody to actually respond you ask for thoughts or ideas, but in this case I am responding without them. Make a coherent post in the future, or refrain from posting. Seriously. All that did was just add some spam to the RPG calendar...

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 09-17-06 04:52 AM EDT (US)     598 / 2495       
Reaper, I like your idea! You have my support!

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice

[This message has been edited by Admiral Fyyar (edited 09-17-2006 @ 02:20 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-17-06 06:49 AM EDT (US)     599 / 2495       
Firstly I will not put an RPG idea on the main post if people can't manage to do these two simple steps

1) Fill out a form (preferably using colour to make it look nice )
2) Post something like this
I have an RPG Idea
<FORM HERE>

Is that asking too much.

Secondly. Probation, ROSSWELL goes straight onto the probation list for ignoring the calendar, setting up an RPG before coming here, then not doing it properly. I find the Phantom Menace RPG irritating, but that was created before the calendar.

I ask that no one joins this RPG. Take this as a warning to the rest of you

Now enough of this dark tone and let's get back to RP'ing

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-17-2006 @ 06:52 AM).]

Rosswell
Banned
posted 09-17-06 08:01 AM EDT (US)     600 / 2495       
RPG Name: RISE OF THE SITH
Moderator: Rosswell
Plot: Star Wars
The hyper-drive is invented and comes into use. Xim the Despot rules over a vast region of space before being overthrown by the group led by Kossak the Hutt. The Old Republic, which is the first galaxy-wide government, is formed. The Order of Jedi Knights begins, presumably on the planets Ossus or Coruscant. It is a period of galactic peace and expansion of the Republic.
A schism develops between the Sith and the Jedi, both of which had previously been joint defenders of the galaxy. This leads to the Jedi forcing the Sith to flee into unknown space, eventually settling on the world of Korriban. No hyperspace charts exist for a return journey because of the primitive levels of navigation systems used. The original inhabitants of Korriban the Massassi begin to learn from the Sith, and also the Massassi priests begin to teach the Sith the dark side sorceries they know. The combination of the two form the Sith Alchemy and Dark Side Magic's that the Sith become so famous for in later years. The Sith and the Massassi begin to interbreed as well, leading to the species becoming virtually one. The combined species retain a two tier class system, those with force potential being the Sith, and therefore the leaders of their society, the others are the Massassi and the workers and slaves.
The sith need a leader they fight for it for a long time eventualy a leader is chosen:
Darth Brill leader of all sith

Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

please j have worked a long time on this rpg plaest accsept it

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames