Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 07-21-06 03:51 PM EDT (US)     271 / 2495       
Just to back up what kyp said, he is correct in that no more non-SWU RPGs will be allowed here.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 07-21-06 04:04 PM EDT (US)     272 / 2495       
I know, you told me. Besides, I'd belive kyp anyway.

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-06 11:35 AM EDT (US)     273 / 2495       
*ahem* Is anyone interested in MY idea?

Pwetty pwease? *makes puppy dog eyes*

RPG Name: Eternal Darkness
Moderator: Cheapy the Hutt
Plot:

It is four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. The Jedi Civil War is over, and the Republic has been crushed. Darth Revan and his new apprentice, Bastila Shan, rule the known galaxy.

The Jedi Knights, guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, have been hunted to near extinction. The most of the remaining Jedi have banded together to strike at Darth Revan's Sith Empire wherever and whenever they can.

Darth Revan has sent Bastila to the planet Dantooine, to investigate rumors of a Jedi gathering. Little does she suspect that it is a trap...

Character/Faction Based: Both
Number of people interested: StealthArcher, Lazer X7

This will be based on the male-darkside ending to KOTOR I, with the Sith Empire and the Jedi Remnant as the only factions.

EDIT: And to make sure that I don't bring MWs to a halt, I'm not going to post sign-ups until MWs is completely finished and someone else gets their RPG up and running.

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 07-25-2006 @ 10:08 AM).]

Xaph
Shalashaska
(id: Xaphianion)
posted 07-22-06 11:38 AM EDT (US)     274 / 2495       
FoO, I'm still looking to put someone on the Probation list.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     275 / 2495       
Could you put Mandalorian Wars under the current RPGs? It's started.

Xaph, we need you at MWs!

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     276 / 2495       
Xaph back! Hi, Xaph!

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

SithKnight17
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-06 03:58 PM EDT (US)     277 / 2495       
Hey, Xaph! You rock, man! I want to have your babies!

SithKnight17
TheHaloMods
NowPlayingGames:Paper Mario - N64

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)     278 / 2495       
Wha?

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Darth Margera
Clone Trooper
posted 07-24-06 10:40 PM EDT (US)     279 / 2495       
This will go in MEC if I get people to join, but no one there RPs to the best of my knowledge, so I figured I may as well spread the word here.

RPG Name: The War of the Ring
Moderator: Darth Margy
Plot: I don't know if anyone else (besides VvD) is a fellow LotR freak around here, but I guess I soon will. Also, you may notice some stuff I simply added from other things to spice it up (ie. "The Book of Grudges").

Aragorn Elessar, the King of Gondor, Hero of Middle-Earth wheezed as he looked down his blood-soaked armour in pain. An arrow, obviously of Orc-make jutted from his neck. His horse reared as an Orc slit its neck, and the king fell to the ground dead.

All of the members of the Fellowship who fought in the battle at the Black Gates were killed, and, soon after, Sam, Frodo and Gollum were all captured in the bowels of Mount Doom. Sauron personally executed all three.

The return of Sauron brought tidings of death for the free peoples of Middle-Earth. After hearing of the failure of the Fellowship, Elrond the Half-elf sends word of another council at Rivendell. Only 5 answered his call- King Dain of the Dwarves, King Thranduil of the Silvan Elves, King Eomer of Rohan, Radagast the Grey, and Faramir, the Steward of Gondor.

Elrond knew that they needed to go on the defensive and wait, as he predicted Gandalf would come again. Except for Thranduil, all agreed. Thranduil instead chose to remain nuetral. The others were dismayed, and Thranduil soon left under a hail of both Dwarven and Rohirric curses. With the New Alliance formed, the 5 all devoted their forces to all of the important cities on the borders of Mordor, but were slowly driven out, due in part to the prescence of Sauron and the Nazgul, and his overwhelming forces.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the New Alliance of Men and Dwarves, Thranduil musters his forces and builds a massive fleet in the gulf of Lune, in preparation of a massive invasion of Umbar, to eliminate Sauron's ability to wage war on the sea.

Elrond and all the free-people know that to avoid complete destruction, Sauron must be destroyed, or Mordor taken.

Character/Faction based: mostly character based.
Number of People interested: Lazer, Cheapy, Maegereg, Darth Kiev

Blast from the Past!

[This message has been edited by Darth Margera (edited 07-26-2006 @ 12:35 PM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-24-06 11:06 PM EDT (US)     280 / 2495       
Hmm...I might join up, later.

Please please please tell me that there is a sane soul out there who like my idea!

Xaph? Lazer? Margera? Anybody?

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 07-24-06 11:29 PM EDT (US)     281 / 2495       
Cools and interesteds to everybody!
(That means you guys!)

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Xaph
Shalashaska
posted 07-25-06 03:39 AM EDT (US)     282 / 2495       
I'd STILL like to add someone to the probation list here...

I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-25-06 10:09 AM EDT (US)     283 / 2495       
Yay, that's two!

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 07-25-06 10:55 AM EDT (US)     284 / 2495       
Just say it Xaph- the people can act it out.

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Darth Margera
Clone Trooper
posted 07-25-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)     285 / 2495       
So, that's two fo' meh!

Blast from the Past!
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 07-25-06 08:12 PM EDT (US)     286 / 2495       
Her, margera, I would join your RPG.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-25-06 10:59 PM EDT (US)     287 / 2495       
Meh, why not. I'll join.

Darth Margera
Clone Trooper
posted 07-25-06 11:47 PM EDT (US)     288 / 2495       
YITH! That be 3.

COM UN U LAZZY FEGOTTS!1! JUTS 2 MOR EPOEPLE!!!1

Blast from the Past!
Darth Fish
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 08:34 AM EDT (US)     289 / 2495       
<Joke> Just 4 more people! <Joke>

`````````_,o_
________/- --|'--,__________________________________
]:-----\_--- --- --- --- ----- ------- --- --'',--o--\___________',=====-----
````\:|0)>>____,---------------------------'

My SSD Darth Fish:Member of The Resistance Imperial Star Destroyer, the smart choice of ship.
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 11:35 AM EDT (US)     290 / 2495       
Darth Margera, your last post convinced me beyond belief to say I'll join your RPG too.

Seriously thought, sounds like a brilliant idea, and yes I am a bit of a LoTR freak myself

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men
Xaph
Shalashaska
posted 07-26-06 12:05 PM EDT (US)     291 / 2495       
I want to put Friend of Old on the probation list for not participating in SWU Battles, not apologising, and never returning, even though he said he came back.

Darth Margera
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 12:33 PM EDT (US)     292 / 2495       
YEHKZORZ!1!! GO DARF KEEV11!!

COM UN FEGGOTZ!! JUTS 1Q MOR E!!11

Blast from the Past!
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 12:39 PM EDT (US)     293 / 2495       

Quote:

This Calendar is dedicated to Darksidefire, taken from this world in a tragic accident

Dunno if this is so appropriate anymore...

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Xaph
Shalashaska
posted 07-26-06 12:58 PM EDT (US)     294 / 2495       
Persia, are you evading a ban?

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 01:36 PM EDT (US)     295 / 2495       
Btw, Margera, would it be possible for me to reserve the characters of Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth and King Dain of the Dwarves?

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 03:39 PM EDT (US)     296 / 2495       
FoO, the WWIII National Crisis RPG will be starting soon. Please add it to the calander.

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Darth Margera
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     297 / 2495       
Woah... Freeeeaaaaky. Exact two I was thinkin' about playin', Kiev. But you can have them, I'd prefer the "Glorfindel/Gloin" Combination of BFME II Anyways.

BTW, you ever played the Games Workshop LotR Strategy Battle Game?

FEGGOTZ!11!111!!1! ON EMORE!1!!

Blast from the Past!
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 07:32 PM EDT (US)     298 / 2495       
I have indeed. Picked up the final issue of the 'Battle Games in Middle-Earth' Magazine Series for the Strategy Game the other day as it happens

Darth Margera
Clone Trooper
posted 07-26-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)     299 / 2495       
Ah, I knew it. I would have no clue as to who "Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth" was, had I not gotten the model a few weeks ago.

I think I'll give anyone else who wants to come out and say "Hey! I'd support your RPG!" 'til later tonight before I post the RPG, as plenty of people who would like to join simply don't look in this thread.

STOOPED FEGGOYTZ!11!!1 NOWZ U HAFVE TO WATE!!1!

Blast from the Past!
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 07-27-06 02:12 PM EDT (US)     300 / 2495       
I call Lurtz and Khamul the Easterling.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames