Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 81 82 83 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 07-11-14 01:31 PM EDT (US)     2461 / 2495       
The Mass Effect universe CLEARLY didn't accept the MOAR GUNZ doctrine. Hence them being incapable of conventionally fighting the strategically dumb as hell Reapers

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 07-11-14 02:18 PM EDT (US)     2462 / 2495       
No, I meant on the ground. In multiplayer. And Armax... at least until you get a Lancer X, then you only need, at most, one other gun for really long range.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
(id: BananaTrooper)
posted 01-07-16 02:32 AM EDT (US)     2463 / 2495       
Someone mentioned getting in the mood for roleplaying thanks the Episode VII. With my great wealth of experience from Nationstates (Nine. Thousand. Word. Posts.) I think I can safely say I'm up for it, if such a thing does see the light of day.

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-07-16 10:58 AM EDT (US)     2464 / 2495       
That was me, and I'd love to see an RPG get up and running.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
(id: Solomon)
posted 01-07-16 07:03 PM EDT (US)     2465 / 2495       
Me too. I won't be able to be a GM or heavy contributor, but I'd be interested in chipping in.

Remember to Breathe - Dashboard Confessional
-Here I Am, and here I remain! - Leto Atreides, Dune
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-07-16 08:25 PM EDT (US)     2466 / 2495       
Gah. If only I had someone... to write my pet character.

...Although... if anyone WOULD be interested in ghost-writing something with canon characters... O_o

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 01-07-16 10:00 PM EDT (US)     2467 / 2495       
I'ld love to see the one we were thinking about this past summer get off the ground. Though anything would be nice.

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 01-08-16 11:19 AM EDT (US)     2468 / 2495       
I'd love another round with you guys.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-08-16 11:20 AM EDT (US)     2469 / 2495       
Moff may have something... but may need some help as burnout approaches. Writing two thirty-page tales at once is... difficult.

But only if you're interested in writing an improved Return of the Jedi. <_<

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 01-08-16 05:57 PM EDT (US)     2470 / 2495       
So you're predicating the creation of an RPG in which we write stories on us writing a story first?

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-09-16 01:42 AM EDT (US)     2471 / 2495       
No, the starting. I created it already... just need to finish. <_<

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 01-09-16 07:45 AM EDT (US)     2472 / 2495       
What about this one?

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
(id: Solomon)
posted 01-09-16 11:44 AM EDT (US)     2473 / 2495       
I'm okay with that - but I think we need someone to take the lead \ be the GM to organize us.

Not it!

Remember to Breathe - Dashboard Confessional
-Here I Am, and here I remain! - Leto Atreides, Dune
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-11-16 08:52 AM EDT (US)     2474 / 2495       
Opted to summarize the end of the Battle of Endor instead of just rewriting the Death Star chase.

Maybe I'll fill it in later. <_<

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 01-11-16 10:50 AM EDT (US)     2475 / 2495       
I'm okay with that - but I think we need someone to take the lead \ be the GM to organize us.
I would be willing, but I don't think I know enough about how you guys roleplay here to do it well. You would probably rather it be some one with more experience anyway.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-13-16 06:50 PM EDT (US)     2476 / 2495       
Bizarre question, kinda related to RPs...

What would you guys say is the correct color code for an Imperial officer uniform?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-16 08:27 PM EDT (US)     2477 / 2495       
I went into Photoshop, cropped a couple images so they just had uniform fabric, then averaged them. From Piett, we get 9C988B. From Jerrjerod, we get 1B2529.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-13-16 09:06 PM EDT (US)     2478 / 2495       
Blue? O_O

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-16 09:56 PM EDT (US)     2479 / 2495       
I was a little surprised as well. It may be the lighting in the picture.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-14-16 02:01 PM EDT (US)     2480 / 2495       
Almost certainly.

If anything, his uniform is very green if you're using the standard Jerjerrod shot.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-14-16 03:46 PM EDT (US)     2481 / 2495       
Yes, I saw that after doing an image search. I did it based on an image I have on my offline computer (the one with Photoshop) that I have no idea where it comes from. The Piett one is accurate though; the image had bright neutral lighting.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-14-16 10:12 PM EDT (US)     2482 / 2495       
What about Needa? He's the grayest, generally.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-16 03:44 PM EDT (US)     2483 / 2495       
I have no idea why I had pictures of Piett or Jerjerrod in the first place--but there were no other Imperial officers.

Xaph
Shalashaska
(id: Xaphianion)
posted 05-19-17 05:51 AM EDT (US)     2484 / 2495       
Just to double check: an RPG idea should be a new thread, right?

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-19-17 06:53 AM EDT (US)     2485 / 2495       
Nah, you can post it here if you're putting out feelers.

Xaph
Shalashaska
(id: Xaphianion)
posted 05-19-17 09:55 AM EDT (US)     2486 / 2495       
I'm looking for six-to-eight players who would be interested in splitting into two teams and doing a little competitive RPG. I'd GM/ref the campaign.

Basically the way I see it, everybody gets to pick a military unit and writes some RP about their character's experience during battles. There would be a little bit of 'character' creation in which you'd pick things your unit would be good at, and play them like a game of rock-paper-scissors. This would be time for intelligence gathering, characters on patrol or infiltrating territory in advance of an attack. After that, I'd post a short update on what happened (based on a dice roll and unit specialties) and then the actual fighting would start - another round of RPs. Following that would be the 'pursuit' or 'gloat' phase, which would determine the lasting effects of the engagement.

Basically, you guys would be helping me build and workshop an RPG system I've been trying to develop. Things would start off slow, and new mechanics would come in over iterations. I'd want to run a trial battle first, before starting on a campaign, so if anybody feels like testing it out or hearing more about it, let me know!

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-17 10:57 AM EDT (US)     2487 / 2495       
Could you tell us more about the system? Lately I've been drawn to rules-minimal systems (I'm particularly a fan of Monte Cook's Cypher system--IMO Numenera is the most brilliant RPG I've come across), but I have experience with d20 3.5/4.0/5.0, Coda, Icon, and 2d20 (in fact, I'm currently in the beta test for Modiphius' Star Trek RPG--I like some of their design choices, but I can't say I'm in love with the system itself).

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-17 05:03 PM EDT (US)     2488 / 2495       
I'm sure I've said this before: I am not particularly familiar with RPing in general but I am very much willing to give it a go. In fact, I've now played a couple of sessions of D&D (3rd ed. I think) which I feel that I'm beginning to get the grip of - initially I was very rules-focused and sort of expected the DM to lead the story while I only made combat-specific decisions and such, but he explained to me that the point is to embrace the character more and tell the story myself (within the realms of reason... and dice...)

I don't know if someone with less experience would be suited to trying out something new, but I'm willing to join in if you like. Might be useful to have a relatively inexperienced player to get opinions off?

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-17 08:53 PM EDT (US)     2489 / 2495       
initially I was very rules-focused and sort of expected the DM to lead the story while I only made combat-specific decisions and such, but he explained to me that the point is to embrace the character more and tell the story myself (within the realms of reason... and dice...)
This is why I love the Cypher system: the rules just sort of fade into the background, keeping the focus on the story and the characters--but at the same time having enough presence to prevent off-the-wall god-moding and keep things focused.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 05-20-17 00:41 AM EDT (US)     2490 / 2495       
Speaking of RPGs...

So to anyone who remembers Bando's (or Gorog's is you want to be that guy) A New Empire RPG might recall I posted part 1 of The Battle of Onderon.

I vaguely remember positive feedback at the time I released it, so I was wondering if you guys would like me to finish part 2. Been trying to get over a horrid case of writer's block so working on this again would likely help me out in addition to tying up that well-loved loose end we all had.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 81 82 83 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames