Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71 72 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 05-06-09 05:59 PM EDT (US)     2071 / 2495       
Stormies win. Dark Troopers win harder.

NEXT! >_>

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 05-06-09 06:16 PM EDT (US)     2072 / 2495       
Perhaps against the Terrans or Toss, but how about the full force of the Zerg?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 00:45 AM EDT (US)     2073 / 2495       
I'm thinking of a Halo RPG, something taking place during the Harvast battles (AKA, Halo Wars timeline).

Maybe a Battlefield 2142 RPG (It was FUN on another forum, just one map per RPG. Say Belgrade or Suez Canel)?

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
Arle
Clone Trooper
(id: Crazy Milenko)
posted 05-07-09 06:27 AM EDT (US)     2074 / 2495       
2142 RPG
That seems to interest me, why hasn't anyone done an actual Apocalypse RPG? Like 2012?

I turned Wolfkin! Of all people. - DunC
I call for an assault on OD. - Nacht
*Handcuffs Nacht and Wolfkin* - Blatant
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 12:57 PM EDT (US)     2075 / 2495       
Actually, on the same forum where we did Battlefield 2142: Belgrade (The map Mini RPG we based it off of), we did The Last Stand RPG (Zombie). The writing in both were awesome, both had excellent plots, but the community was so limited (Out of over 150 members, there were only five-six active members), it died quickly. Say two weeks after starting.

I think either would make a great RPG.

Arle
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)     2076 / 2495       
Make it happen Carn?

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 03:22 PM EDT (US)     2077 / 2495       
I have The Last Stand RPG here somewhere a few pages back.

I'll make a interest post for BF2142: Belgrade here in a moment, and if it gets enough people, I'll post it up after WWII and Apocalypse.

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 04:36 PM EDT (US)     2078 / 2495       
Sorry for the double post. Be warned, a bit of a read, please read all of it, this will (If accepted) go in MEC.

RPG Name: Battlefield 2142: Minsk Mini RPG
Moderator: Orrion Carn
Plot:

In 2106, the world froze. After a hundred years of debate and dessension, the world's governments were forced to face the reality of global warming--the next Ice Age had arrived. As snow and storms swept down from the north, living space and resources were swallowed by the encroaching ican and a frantic battle for survival began across the globe. Desperate nation united to form new superpowers--the European-led EU forces and Russo-Asian PAC Army. With the formation of these coalitions came the Titans, vast dreadnoughts with colossal destructive poer to dominate the skies, and lethal, armored Battlewalkers, designed to outpace and outgun infantry.

Expecting an invasion by the PAC into the agriculture-rich plains of Northern Africa, the European Federation concentrated its resources along the Mediterranean, ready to assist the Union of African States. A foray by two PAC battalions into Egypt seemed to confirm their suspicions, but the attacks were merely decoys, meant to distract the world from the PAC's primary objective, to destroy the military might of the EU's premiere units still located in Europe.

The Cold War began in October 2139 with coordinated PAC invasions from the Persian Gulf to the Baltic Sea. In November, as part of Operation Canute, three battalions led by General (Character still to be announced) entered Minsk, a key EU command center in Northern Europe.
The Battle of Minsk featured the first employment of the militarized Titan in combat operations, changing the nature of modern warfare forever. Because of the Titans unmatched effectiveness as both a transport and assault medium, its destruction became a crucial component of military strategy.

The Battle for Earth, has begun.

Character/Faction Based: Both
Number of people interested: 1

[This message has been edited by Orrion Carn (edited 05-07-2009 @ 06:13 PM).]

Arle
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 05:16 PM EDT (US)     2079 / 2495       
Interested in 2142

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 05:28 PM EDT (US)     2080 / 2495       
Guys what the hell. We do not have enough people for all of these RPGs. We're already pushing the limit with the WWII RPG. And as far as SW RPGs go, Bando's ANE2 is to happen after Merai's Apocalypse.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-07-09 06:11 PM EDT (US)     2081 / 2495       
All I'm doing is getting it accepted so we can do it after those RPGs ok? That's all I'm doing.

Arle
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-09 06:51 AM EDT (US)     2082 / 2495       
Not to anger Ace but the Mando Crusades thread is archived
If your going to revive it Cheapy, here is my signup.
Yes yes Ace Empire 1st

Name:Roz
User:WK
Faction: Other/Hireable
Race:Mandalorian
Equipment:
Mandalorian Crusader Armour
1.Arkanian Heavy Pistol (Modified)
1.Zabrak Tystel Mark III Heavy Pistol (Modified)
Charric
Arkanian Blaster Rifle
Echani Vibrosword
Bio:Roz was a mandalorian crusader who abandoned the ranks for unknown reasons.
He spends his days arming former comrades, he is a mercenary for any faction
After the war on Cathar, Roz left the ranks with a Taung warrior known as Lazarus
They began smuggling arms to former comrades using a Quartermaster Supply Carrier,
Roz & Lazarus headed to Wayland, to drop supplies to a recon camp.
When they arrived they found the camp in ruins with a legion of republic soldiers.
They attempted a resistance, Lazarus was gunned down, Roz fled into the forest.
As he ventured further into the forest, he came across a seemingly abandoned bunker, a storm began so he took shelter.
Inside was an aged rodian scientist, who claimed he had created the perfect battledroid, he set it on Roz.
Roz blasted the droid's processor then killed the rodian.
As the smoke cleared Roz turned to see the droid still intact, except for the processor & core.
Roz rebuilt the droid, activated it to follow & hijacked a republic shuttle.
Few weeks later Roz appeared on Tatooine in search of Komad Fortuna a twilek who had contacts inside the republic.
In Anchorhead Roz bought a freighter which he dubbed The Hunted, he then "borrowed" a swoop & ventured into the dune sea.
He came across a droid sticking out of the sand, he cleaned it off, strapped it to the swoop & continued his search.
By nightfall Roz found the Twilek, who in exchange for the swoop gave Roz a datapad containing a list of republic generals.
Other: Roz owns two droids, Rogue23 & NK3.
Vessel: The Hunted (Dynamic-class freighter)
The Crew & The Vessel
Color:Black?

Name:NK3
Model:Assassin Droid
Owned By:Roz
Equipment:Modified Blaster Carbine
Bio:NK3 was found by Roz in the dunes of Tatooine, he repaired NK & fixed him up with a memory upgrade.
NK has a sadistic personality, he is always up for violence, he doesn't get along with Rogue.
Other:NK is an older assassin droid, Roz modified him as much as possible.
His upgrades include:
Automated Repair Upgrade, Systems Upgrade,Anatomy Upgrade, System Fortification & many combat upgrades.

Name:Rogue(23)
Model:Prototype Sentinel Droid
Owned By:Roz
Equipment:Mandalorian Assault Rifle
Bio:Roz was on a smuggling run with a taung warrior named Lazarus to drop weapons to Mandalorians stationed on Wayland, when he arrived it was an ambush.
A legion of soldiers attacked, Lazarus was gunned down, Roz fled into the forests, unable to take a legion of republic soldiers alone
As he ventured further into the forest, he came across a seemingly abandoned bunker, a storm began so he took shelter.
Inside was an aged rodian scientist, who claimed he had created the perfect battledroid, he set it on Roz.
Roz blasted the droid's processor then killed the rodian.
As the smoke cleared Roz turned to see the droid still intact, except for the processor & core.
Roz rebuilt the droid, activated it to follow & hijacked a republic shuttle.
Since then Rogue has become a valued friend & a skilled mechanic.
Other:Rogue is upgraded to include his own personality.
Along with enhancements that include an enhanced memory core.
Parabolic Guides
Self-sustaining Unit
Battle Upgrade MK3
Advanced upgrade slot

Name:Lazarus
Faction: Other/Hireable
Race:Taung/Mandalorian
Equipment:
Heavily modified crusader armour
Mandalorian Crushgauntlets
Dual Mandalorian Heavy Blasters
War Bowcaster
Cortosis staff
Bio:Not much is known of Lazarus except for his days with Roz
He & Roz headed to Wayland, to drop supplies to a recon camp.
When they arrived they found the camp in ruins with a legion of republic soldiers.
They attempted a resistance, Lazarus was gunned down, Roz fled into the forest.
The soldiers took the ship along with the supplies & left.
Lazarus
Vessel: Davaab starfighter
Color:Blue
OOC:I'm starting Lazarus a bit after the battle rages on.
Yes I know the pic isn't a Taung, its extremely close though So

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-09 09:34 AM EDT (US)     2083 / 2495       
Um...MC was archived a long time ago.

Arle
Clone Trooper
posted 05-19-09 09:44 AM EDT (US)     2084 / 2495       
I should pay more attention to dates then
Still you should revive it

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-09 09:34 PM EDT (US)     2085 / 2495       
*lightbulb appears*

Has anyone played Resistance: Fall of Man?

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-09 10:31 PM EDT (US)     2086 / 2495       
Oops.

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 05-20-2009 @ 10:32 PM).]

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 08:08 AM EDT (US)     2087 / 2495       
Hell yeah!

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 09:31 AM EDT (US)     2088 / 2495       
RPG Name: Resistance: Fall of Man RPG
Moderator: Cheapy the Hutt
Plot:
May 22nd, 1953. The end has begun.

Every day I pray to God that my family is safe. The cannons are firing almost constantly at incoming ships and their giant walking machines, and I know it’s only a matter of time before they run out of ammunition. I haven’t had a decent meal in days, but I keep fighting. We’re all running on blood, sweat, and tears. Every day, more of my brothers die, either from a Chimeran attack or those sick little bugs that find their way through the perimeter now and then.

The Chimera number in the billions now. Human beings are outnumbered over a thousand to one by creatures who aren’t even from our planet. For two years we’ve prepared our defenses, created new weapons, and waited for the inevitable attack, but we couldn’t imagine the scale of the invasion. Massive flying ships carrying thousands, maybe millions of Chimeran soldiers attacked us from the East and the West. The government said it would protect us, but almost everyone knows the truth. Ever since New York became the first enemy-occupied American soil, we knew that our time was up. Civilians have been evacuated in waves to what they’re calling the Liberty Perimeter in the Midwest. It’s only a temporary measure, though. A stopgap to our destruction.

But you know what the funny thing is? It doesn’t matter.

I’m going to do my best to kill as many of these inhuman bastards as I can. Every single one that I kill is one that won’t threaten my parents or my sister. Every person I save is another life that might survive this war.

Even with this resolve hardening my gut, I know that humanity is doomed.

God help us.

Character/Faction Based: Character
Number of people interested:

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 10:52 AM EDT (US)     2089 / 2495       
Interested

I'll just read up on it before it starts. (That means I've never played it )
Yes yes Ace Empire 1st
Hey if you've been waiting over a year for one of the best RPGs to ever hit SWU, you would understand

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 05-21-2009 @ 10:55 AM).]

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 01:18 PM EDT (US)     2090 / 2495       
Interested

Oh yeah! Call dibs on Nathan Hale! (Kidding )

Any idea on if there will be Sentinal characters?

Edit: I definetly have Dr. Malikov.

[This message has been edited by Orrion Carn (edited 05-21-2009 @ 07:00 PM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 07:34 PM EDT (US)     2091 / 2495       
Yes, there will be Sentinels. The Chimaera will be controlled by me in general (And by Daedalus in particular). This doesn't mean that you can't make Chimeran characters, but be aware that the Chimera are pretty much mindless drones, with the exception of Daedalus.

BTW, I suggest you all look up the Resistance wiki on Google for the history of the series.

The crawl says May 22nd, but we're really going to start on May 15th, the day the Chimera actually invaded the United States. And as for Nathan, we're going to try something new. Whoever post the best opening post as him in the sign-up thread (If this actually works) will be given the character, since he's kinda integral to the series and all. I'm not trying to be picky, but let's face it: some of us *cough*Melkor*cough* are better at roleplaying than others.

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 07:49 PM EDT (US)     2092 / 2495       
I think I'll play some co-op with my brother and play out some X-Ray characters.

But I'm gonna keep Malikov. Maybe Capelli (Can't figure out if I spelt that right). But that all depends when I take a look at the Resistance Wiki again. I don't really want to have a character who dies at the end of R2 yah know?

Speaking of which, maybe not Malikov, he commits suicide in an intel document in R2.

So we'll see. I got a few options to work with.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 05-21-09 08:09 PM EDT (US)     2093 / 2495       
...What about a Star Wars steampunk? >_>

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 09:34 PM EDT (US)     2094 / 2495       
Malikov is still alive at the beginning of R2, Carn. We're starting from the beginning.

Oh, and in case I didn't already say this: dibs on Daedalus.

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-21-09 09:45 PM EDT (US)     2095 / 2495       
I don't really want to have a character who dies at the end of R2 yah know?

MORE PEOPLE GET INTERESTED!!![/caps]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-30-09 09:04 PM EDT (US)     2096 / 2495       
Well, so much for that.

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 05-30-09 09:12 PM EDT (US)     2097 / 2495       
Shoot.

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 06-01-09 11:58 AM EDT (US)     2098 / 2495       
Interested.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 06-01-09 06:43 PM EDT (US)     2099 / 2495       
Well, at least that's three.

Jon Rolos
Clone Trooper
posted 07-03-09 00:22 AM EDT (US)     2100 / 2495       
Mainly out of curiosity, what's the short of how y'all RP and what's expected/the general way things are done?

^*^ "The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that it is often difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
^*^ If you would also like to know where in the blue hell Melkor is, copy this into your sig.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68 69 70 71 72 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames