Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 09-19-08 07:15 PM EDT (US)     1771 / 2495       
Sometime in a couple weeks, I promise.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 09-19-08 07:49 PM EDT (US)     1772 / 2495       
You know what will happen if you break that promise, Bando?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 09-20-08 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1773 / 2495       
You will finally get a life?

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-21-08 00:41 AM EDT (US)     1774 / 2495       
Already have one. So bite me.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-24-08 05:14 PM EDT (US)     1775 / 2495       
*bites*

Tastes like... beef.

Doctor FoO
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-24-08 06:24 PM EDT (US)     1776 / 2495       
...I needed that arm...

Merai
Clone Trooper
(id: Commander Merai)
posted 09-30-08 05:03 PM EDT (US)     1777 / 2495       
Just popping my head in to say I'm interested in returning to the RPG scene, so while I won't be starting any in the foreseeable future, I will be scoping around to join. No plans to join ANE though, can't stand leaping in to something already in progress.

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-30-08 05:25 PM EDT (US)     1778 / 2495       
Well, it may be in progress in a sense we are making a fresh start on it at the same time.

Although I will say I'm working on an idea for after. The idea being that Palpatine's speech didn't go quite as well as hoped when he told the Republic it no longer existed.

Doctor FoO
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-08 06:37 PM EDT (US)     1779 / 2495       
You really should join ANE Merai. We really need new people to join up, especially since Kiev is MIA.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Merai
Clone Trooper
posted 10-02-08 05:11 PM EDT (US)     1780 / 2495       
Again, I'd be interested...but it seems quite a lot happened before and because of the copy-pasted post I have NO idea who's taken and who isn't.

"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-02-08 05:28 PM EDT (US)     1781 / 2495       
Didn't I explain that to you over MSN?

Merai
Clone Trooper
posted 10-02-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     1782 / 2495       
Attempting to explain and explaining are not the same.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-02-08 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1783 / 2495       
Oh yeah. You and I were brainstorming before I had a chance to explain stuff

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 10-02-08 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1784 / 2495       
Well, anyone by Kiev is assumed to be open. Most of the other major players are returning I think.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 10-03-08 05:22 PM EDT (US)     1785 / 2495       
Okay, who's still here?

Bando, Melkor, Vader, Cheapy, Meag, Fyyar, Reaper, Pacifica and FoO I think. So yeah, those characters are taken, the rest are free.

Doctor FoO
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-08 05:45 PM EDT (US)     1786 / 2495       
Sounds about right. A shame Breathe isn't on that list

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 10-03-08 05:53 PM EDT (US)     1787 / 2495       
Actually, is Billy still here?

Doctor FoO
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-08 06:22 PM EDT (US)     1788 / 2495       
Not sure. I can email him and tell him ANE is back.

Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-08 03:54 PM EDT (US)     1789 / 2495       
I just realized that I've been RP'ing here for four years as of five days ago. O_o

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 10-09-08 02:20 AM EDT (US)     1790 / 2495       
Too busy with my non-Lucas life at the moment. And for the foreseeable next few months.

But if y'all're still around then, which you probably will be, I might be back over this soon enough...

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Arle
Clone Trooper
(id: Crazy Milenko)
posted 10-31-08 11:51 AM EDT (US)     1791 / 2495       
RETURN OF THE SITH
The rebel fleet has succesfully destroyed the deathstar.
Skywalker boarded & killed palpatine.
The cowardly Imperial Fleet have scattered across the galaxy in hope that the defeat at Endor will not bring an end to the Empire. The news that Palpatine has been killed by the Rebellion spreads across the galaxy.
But deep within space the remnant sith on Kalakar IV begin training an army of sith warriors through dark alchemy.
Resurrecting the dead.

This Is The Tale Of A Different Return Of The Jedi.
This Is Return Of The Sith.

I turned Wolfkin! Of all people. - DunC
I call for an assault on OD. - Nacht
*Handcuffs Nacht and Wolfkin* - Blatant
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 11-02-08 12:27 PM EDT (US)     1792 / 2495       
Hmmmm. Firstly how were the Imperials defeated if they destroyed the Rebel fleet? That's still a victory, even if Luke repleced Palpatine. By my reckoning anyway.

Next on the agenda, introductions. Welcome to our little clique, I'm the overzealous beaurocrat in charge of the calendar, with a modicum of talent I might add, FoO. Thus it's my job to ask if you read the title post and if you did why did you not use the form?

Whixh form? This one:
RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Second, do you have any experience RP'ing? If not it might be worth playing before hosting, and then that might be worth doing even if you've got experience, in order to get to know the other players here. Who will prolly chip in with their opinions at some point in the near future.

Doctor FoO
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-08 12:57 PM EDT (US)     1793 / 2495       
To be perfectly honest, that RPG idea sounds a little like Return of the Forge IMO.

Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-08 10:46 PM EDT (US)     1794 / 2495       
FoO posted yesterday and I missed it.

Excuse me while I kill myself.

Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 11-05-08 03:35 PM EDT (US)     1795 / 2495       
Melkor, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*whacks with chair*

It's for your own good you know.

Doctor FoO
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 11-10-08 05:55 PM EDT (US)     1796 / 2495       
RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot: After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.
Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details
Number of people interested: 0

This was just a quick knock up on an idea in the absence of ANE2, hence the laclustre plot description. If you're interested the Directorate is Kuati and the Imperium centred on Anaxes. Some credit must go to Vader for his help with this idea.

Doctor FoO
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-10-08 05:58 PM EDT (US)     1797 / 2495       
I think it's pretty clear that I am Interested

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 11-10-08 06:01 PM EDT (US)     1798 / 2495       
Hoorays for my being loved.

Doctor FoO
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 11-10-08 06:35 PM EDT (US)     1799 / 2495       
I need RP!

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 11-10-2008 @ 06:35 PM).]

Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 11-10-08 06:41 PM EDT (US)     1800 / 2495       
See Above

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames