Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 12-11-07 06:29 PM EDT (US)     1471 / 2495       
I'll set up soon.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-07 01:59 AM EDT (US)     1472 / 2495       
Ah, Mr. Persia. *bows* I was wondering when you'd show up again.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 12-12-07 12:19 PM EDT (US)     1473 / 2495       
It seems at last we have dragged you out of hiding Persia, ho ho ho. Welcome back.

But remember, we do not tolerate failure in this forum Mr. Persia.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 12-12-2007 @ 12:20 PM).]

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-07 02:48 PM EDT (US)     1474 / 2495       
Welcome back Persia

Also, for FUTURE reference (don't worry Bando, I won't start anything myself whilst ANE is still going strong), who might be interested in another KOTOR-era RPG? I've been going through KOTOR II over the past few days and I've got an urge to RP it

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 12-12-07 03:48 PM EDT (US)     1475 / 2495       
Perhaps, I remember the first one Kiev...
That was around the same time as FotIE wasn't it, ahhh good times...

Doctor FoO
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-07 06:54 PM EDT (US)     1476 / 2495       
Golly, Persia's back!

KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-07 04:20 AM EDT (US)     1477 / 2495       
I'll set up soon.
Is that Christmas soon, New Years soon or don't hold your breath soon?
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-13-07 10:33 AM EDT (US)     1478 / 2495       
That's "beat you with a cheese wheel" soon.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Boba Fettuccini
Culinary Mandalorian
posted 12-13-07 08:55 PM EDT (US)     1479 / 2495       
don't waste cheese on violence, EAT it!

Boba Fettuccini
( (_) (_ | (\| (-\ (\ / ----- (\/| (-\ (\| |) (-\ (_ () (\ | (-\ (\|
Slow dancing is more fun when you treat it like bumper cars.

Boba-Fettuccini.com - Music, Comics, and a Really Swell Guy
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 12-13-07 10:02 PM EDT (US)     1480 / 2495       
Oh, man, Kiev, I think I just got teary eyed thinking of that RPG. Best freaking RPG I was ever in. I'd be your number one supporter.

Remember how much I sucked then? Good freaking times, man.

EDIT: If we did one, I'd be happy to bring back Grawi as Captain of the Endar Spire. If we did two, I'd like to try an idea I had in my failed RPG about two more survivors of the Harbinger (the founders of the Dofine/Donei lines too. Way too obsessed with them? I think not)

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.

[This message has been edited by Viceroy Billy (edited 12-13-2007 @ 10:34 PM).]

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 04:06 AM EDT (US)     1481 / 2495       
Remember how much I sucked then? Good freaking times, man.
I was just skimming over it again and a lot of my posts are roughly four-to-five lines long, and NOT in this colour. How times have changed, eh?

As for which KOTOR RPG to do, I suppose I'll leave it to popular demand, so people can choose between;

1. Knights of the Old Republic I
2. Knights of the Old Republic II; assuming the canon-story that Revan was male and redeemed himself.
3. Knights of the Old Republic III; assuming the canon-story that Revan was male and redeemed himself, and that the Exile was female and went off to help Revan in the Unknown Regions.

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 02:53 PM EDT (US)     1482 / 2495       
Either one or two, definately not three.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 03:15 PM EDT (US)     1483 / 2495       
Yeah, to be honest I'm not very keen on III either - I think No.1 has my vote, as if it is successful we then have the option to progress into our own version of No.2.

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiev (edited 12-14-2007 @ 04:02 PM).]

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 03:49 PM EDT (US)     1484 / 2495       
My vote goes to nr. 1 as well...

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Fightin Swede
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 05:41 PM EDT (US)     1485 / 2495       
I vote KOTOR I. And I am Interested in KOTOR if you decide to make it.

Blast from the Past!
The artist formerly know as Margera
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 06:35 PM EDT (US)     1486 / 2495       
Ditto

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 06:53 PM EDT (US)     1487 / 2495       
What he said.

When you say KotOR I, do you mean with Revan starting out brain-washed? If so, I'll take Zaalbar.

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 06:57 PM EDT (US)     1488 / 2495       
When you say KotOR I, do you mean with Revan starting out brain-washed?
It'll start where the game starts; Malak's attack on the Endar Spire over Taris, so yes, Revan will be in his "brain-washed" state.

By the way, I'll be calling either Malak or Bastila, haven't decided yet - I don't want to take more than one major character if this turns out to be popular.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 12-14-07 07:04 PM EDT (US)     1489 / 2495       
Interested in KOTOR RPG.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 07:38 PM EDT (US)     1490 / 2495       
Actually, instead of Zaalbar I'll take a unique character (Sssh...)

Will we have the traveling party, a whole new party, or no party at all? If it's a new party, then can I ask that my character be a part of it?

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 07:42 PM EDT (US)     1491 / 2495       
It'll be completely up to the RPers themselves to determine that, but I imagine that characters like Revan, Carth and Bastila will stick close together and probably others too, so the likelihood of there being a 'party' is high.

And yes, it's absolutely possible to have different characters making up the numbers - we'll stick to the KOTOR basic premise, but most of the details will be decided as best suited to everyone.

Also....post in ANE Cheapy Well, you or Melkor. I need to get my characters moving!

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiev (edited 12-14-2007 @ 07:42 PM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 07:44 PM EDT (US)     1492 / 2495       
It's my turn? I thought we were waiting on Melkor to take us to Coruscant...

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     1493 / 2495       
Weren't you and Melkor still talking about a Kaor-Pellaeon thing? Ah, I don't know! All I do know is that it isn't me Apologies if it isn't your turn.

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     1494 / 2495       
Nah, my bad. I'll continue.

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-07 08:08 PM EDT (US)     1495 / 2495       
Ick, KotOR >_>

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 12-15-07 01:48 PM EDT (US)     1496 / 2495       
Holy, I'm still in the moderator list. That means that I can do some RPG thingy?
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 12-15-07 02:58 PM EDT (US)     1497 / 2495       
Interested in KOTOR

Farlander, we need you for KOTOR!

[This message has been edited by Viceroy Billy (edited 12-15-2007 @ 06:18 PM).]

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 12-15-07 03:33 PM EDT (US)     1498 / 2495       
KotOR-era RPG? Again? Maybe, dunno right now.

Anyway, I've got to look around a bit. And why I'm needed so much for KotOR anyway?

EDIT: Btw, even if I will not be in, during my KotORIII and MW RPGs (and I think that also during later Cheapy's MW RPG) many OR ships of the KotOR era were created\named. I propose to use the same names too.

EDIT 2: Oh, wait, looking at wookiepedia I've noticed that some of the nameless ships got names...

[This message has been edited by Farlander (edited 12-15-2007 @ 03:48 PM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 12-15-07 06:18 PM EDT (US)     1499 / 2495       
I just thought it would be nice having the old crew together again.

EDIT: Bandon, that means you too!

[This message has been edited by Viceroy Billy (edited 12-15-2007 @ 06:22 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-15-07 07:53 PM EDT (US)     1500 / 2495       
Post 1500! *pelvic thrust*

Also, I have Phoenix up soon.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames