Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 04-22-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     1171 / 2495       
RPG Name: The New Jedi Order: The Yuuzhan Vong War
Moderator: Bando_Gora1138
Plot:
STAR WARS
THE NEW JEDI ORDER
THE YUUZHAN VONG WAR

The denizens of the galaxy are paralyzed by fear. The alien YUUZHAN VONG, droid hating fanatics utilizing advanced biotechnology, have invaded the galaxy, taking hundreds of worlds and destroying many more. Even the Jedi Knights, led by LUKE SKYWALKER, have reason to fear the new enemy, for they apparently exist without the Force, rendering them indetectable to the senses of the Jedi.

Hundreds of billions of refugees are scattered across the galaxy. The NEW REPUBLIC, led by Chief of State Borsk Fey'lya, is inefficient at keeping the Yuuzhan Vong at bay, and dozens of planets fall due to the selfishness of Feyl'ya and his Advisory Council. Meanwhile, resigned to the fact that the Republic will inevitably lose the war, an organization of collaborators emerges, the so-called PEACE BRIGADE. The Peace Brigade betrays the rest of the galaxy in aiding the invaders, acting as spies and betraying Jedi to their alien masters.

As all looks bleak, the Yuuzhan Vong continue their rampage. As the Yuuzhan Vong attack the planet of Abregado-Rae, a group of Jedi lead the meager defense forces while attempting to evacuate the planet's citizens from the wrath of the massive Yuuzhan Vong fleet...

Number of People Interested: 2

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!

[This message has been edited by Bando_Gora1138 (edited 05-06-2007 @ 12:01 PM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-07 06:34 PM EDT (US)     1172 / 2495       
Interested. I claim 1-1A and Kyle Katarn.

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 04-23-07 01:13 PM EDT (US)     1173 / 2495       
Hey guys like I've mentioned in a couple of theads I'm going to be tied up 'til Friday, so if you can keep things smooth that would be fabulous.

Doctor FoO
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 05-04-07 01:36 AM EDT (US)     1174 / 2495       
Yo, FoO - to fix the gradients, put a # in front of the seven-digit color code.

Observe:

[c=FFFFFF-00008B]Announcements

[c= #FFFFFF- #00008B]Announcements

Delete the extra spaces, and get:

Announcements

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 05-04-2007 @ 01:36 AM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 05-06-07 10:21 AM EDT (US)     1175 / 2495       
Cheers Melky

Doctor FoO
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 05-06-07 10:40 AM EDT (US)     1176 / 2495       
Interested in The Yuuzhan Vong War.

I claim Luke!

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain

[This message has been edited by Lord Vader672 (edited 05-06-2007 @ 10:41 AM).]

Arle
Clone Trooper
(id: Crazy Milenko)
posted 05-10-07 10:07 AM EDT (US)     1177 / 2495       
RPG Name: KOTOR II
Moderator: Crazy Milenko
Plot:

"And now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead. Save one, and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: RPG

It is a perilous time for the
galaxy. A brutal civil war has
all but destroyed the Jedi
Order, leaving the ailing
Republic on the verge of
collapse.

Amid the turmoil, the evil
Sith have spread across the
galaxy, hunting down and
destroying the remaining
Jedi Knights.

Narrowly escaping a deadly
Sith ambush, the last known
Jedi clings to life aboard a
battered freighter near the
ravaged world of Peragus…

Rules
No Godmodding
No flaming
No one post victories
Four character limit

Name:
Username:
Sex:
Species:
Faction:
Vessel:
Bio: (Wookieepedia links are ok.)
Equipment:

Posting Colour:
Image: (If You Like)

Number of People Interested:

†I turned Wolfkin! Of all people. - DunC†
†I call for an assault on OD. - Nacht†
†*Handcuffs Nacht and Wolfkin* - Blatant†
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 05-10-07 07:36 PM EDT (US)     1178 / 2495       
Milenko, you just quit from Empire because you didn't have enough time.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 05-10-07 10:20 PM EDT (US)     1179 / 2495       
Jesus Tapdancing Chirst, Milenko.

That looks signup looks extremely familiar.

As if I created it in the past...

http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,10481,,all

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Arle
Clone Trooper
(id: Crazy Milenko)
posted 05-11-07 06:21 AM EDT (US)     1180 / 2495       
Yes billy, it is your but with minor editing
You canceled it & people actually signed up
I'm still kinda in love with KOTOR era
Milenko, you just quit from Empire because you didn't have enough time.
Have you ever used wireless internet? Slow as hell?
But I've decided to re-join Empire as a different character

†I turned Wolfkin! Of all people. - DunC†
†I call for an assault on OD. - Nacht†
†*Handcuffs Nacht and Wolfkin* - Blatant†

[This message has been edited by CRAZY MILENKO (edited 05-11-2007 @ 06:44 AM).]

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-17-07 10:18 PM EDT (US)     1181 / 2495       
Would anyone be interested in a Heroes RPG, that would take place in the MEC? I haven't worked out the nitty gritty details yet, but my idea was to have a different sort of RPG, where the moderator serves as a narrator and kind of guides the story along, taking over the other characters for one post. Again, this is not for sure, I just thought it would be cool to experiment with since Heroes is laid out like a comic book. There doesn't seem to be much interest for any of my Star Wars RPGs anyways.

< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
ARCcaptain
Clone Trooper
posted 05-18-07 03:04 PM EDT (US)     1182 / 2495       
*sighs* I was pumped for 2050, but I guess not many other people were...

A R C c a p t a i n
"Excuses are like noses. Everyone has them"-Tom Cavanaugh
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-18-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1183 / 2495       
LOL the sign-ups thread seems to have been dead for months...and yes I know I need to change my sig. So, a little Heroes RP'ing, anyone? Please say yes, Heroes is such a great show and presents a lot of opportunities.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 05-18-07 07:37 PM EDT (US)     1184 / 2495       
I don't know the show, but I might be interested.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-18-07 07:41 PM EDT (US)     1185 / 2495       
You can watch the episodes for free at the NBC Heroes page.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 10:47 AM EDT (US)     1186 / 2495       
Greetings gentlemen, Imperial_Persia greets you all a fond hello. As some of you may have heard from me already, I intend to return here for the summer and finish my unfinished projects.

I see that there are mostly the familiar faces here, which pleases me immensely, and I'm happy to see we finally have Sol back. Hello!

Anyway, a little explanation is underway.

First, my Fan Fic, "Chronicle of the Eriaduan Emperors" is still being written and I intend to release the next part ASAP.

Second, the actual Old Republic series of RPG's (So helpfully started by Melkor all that time ago...) is something I would like to revisit and finally come to a conclusion of sorts if possible. I always enjoyed the series and I think it has potential. Any opinions?

Third, another great series that was never finished would be Empire's Bane, superbly written and very original. I don't know if Melkor has any plans for a sequel or not, but I'd be thrilled if he made one.

Fourth and finally, Rebirth of Darkness, the RPG idea that wouldn't die. The brainchild of DarkSideFire right before he left, it was on the RPG Calender slated for release by me somewhere in the future. It had potential from what I can see and I'd love to see it done.

Of course, I'll wait until the current crop of RPG's have concluded.

So... does anyone have anything to say?

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 06:53 PM EDT (US)     1187 / 2495       
So, is there enough interest for me to start a sign-ups thread for a Heroes RPG? I'm out of school, so I'll be able to be very active as a moderator, until my trips. I may or may not be able to access the internet during that time, so I might appoint a vice-mod to mod in my place during those trips.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1188 / 2495       
What do you mean by 'Heroes'?

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 07:29 PM EDT (US)     1189 / 2495       
As in the show Heroes.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 08:04 PM EDT (US)     1190 / 2495       
Sweet! If you do I call dibs on Peter!

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 08:11 PM EDT (US)     1191 / 2495       
OK, but I have dibs on Niki/Jessica. And maybe Sylar.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 08:39 PM EDT (US)     1192 / 2495       
Fine you can keep the dude who eats peoples brains.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 08:43 PM EDT (US)     1193 / 2495       
LOL well we don't know what he does with the brains...I just thought it would be cool to have all the powers. BTW, the sign-ups are up.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 08:53 PM EDT (US)     1194 / 2495       
Ahh but you forget, Peter can get all of Sylar's powers too.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 08:55 PM EDT (US)     1195 / 2495       
Well, so far he's only demonstrated that one guy's telekinesis, not cryokinesis, liquification, eidetic memory, or enhanced hearing.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 09:01 PM EDT (US)     1196 / 2495       
I loved the part where he had the crazy ladies power. Rocky must have been so proud lol.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 09:03 PM EDT (US)     1197 / 2495       
Niki's?

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-26-07 09:05 PM EDT (US)     1198 / 2495       
Thats the one.

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 05-27-07 08:03 AM EDT (US)     1199 / 2495       
Hello again my friends, it is half term at last, so I have some time on my hands and I can try to get the calendar running smoothly again.

Oh and Milenko, just in case no one has mentioned it I should mention that KotOR RPG's especially KotOR II ones tend to be a bit of a flop, so are you sure you want me to put it up?

Doctor FoO
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 05-27-07 11:12 AM EDT (US)     1200 / 2495       
Ick KotoR. Still need to play those games... so many games I need to play, so much cheapness, so little time...

Well, at least I got post 1200 ^.^

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames