Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 06-18-06 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2495       
I would like that you add:
Return of the Forge(Reborn)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...

STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE FORGE

It is a time of peace. The NEW REPUBLIC has triumphed over all odds to become the supreme power in the galaxy. Only the small IMPERIAL REMNANT now opposes them openly...

On a forgotten world, a forgotten race has dicovered the technology of hyperdrive. The RAKATANS are ready to return to the galaxy. Little does the galaxy know they have ressurected an old weapon from the time of their first empire...

In a forgotten solar system, the MANDALORIANS, have established a fortress, with many automated defences. Little do they know the fact that their system will soon be found by the IMPERIAL REMNANT...

An order of Dark Jedi, known as the ORDER OF THE FORGE, seek a way to dispose of Luke Skywalker's JEDI ORDER. And with the the return of Darth Revan, who has returned looking for the Star Forge, and come to conquer the galaxy once again...

This will have many changes from the original version, and hopefully less OOC comments*cough*. Anyone who was in the original can have one of their old characters back. No claiming characters otherwise.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 03:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2495       
Okay Pacifica, but just this once.

Cheapy the reason I put Mandalorian Wars on the waiting list is because you're already moderating Warlords, as soon as Warlords is finished however feel free to start MW

JX, I understand Persia posted in your RPG, ignore it. Next time please go through the calendar though

Doctor FoO
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 06-18-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2495       
Whoops, I ment to the waiting list FoO. I am nnot ready to start it. Sorry for the Confusion.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 04:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2495       
Of course, no problem

Doctor FoO
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 05:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 2495       
Wait, I'm confused - which of the calendars is "official?"

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 05:31 AM EDT (US)     6 / 2495       
We are awaiting confirmation from Crazed. Yes, we are a Killik. I am Pacifica2. We shall await Crazed's order.

Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 06-19-2006 @ 05:32 AM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 11:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2495       
And I am UnuCheapy!

YOU WILL OBEY US!!!

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 06-19-06 01:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2495       
I've decided to sticky this one, due to feedback to the community and the fact that Xaph already has the Help thread.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-19-06 02:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2495       
Cheers Cray

Now for the calendar's first idea!

RPG Name: City of War
Moderator: FoO
Plot:

City of War

Coruscant, the bright shining centre of the galaxy. Place of the Republic and the Jedi Temple. Centre of trade and commerce throughout the galaxy. The city planet. This planet is wreathed in history, including that of the rise of the Empire.

Now the Jedi temple has been razed and the senate chambers are empty. Emporer Palpatine holds sway over the masses with an iron fist, his apprentice Darth Vader and an army of Stormtroopers. Stormtroopers gleaming in thier armour, imposing in their helmets, deadly in their shooting.

But there are still those who fight! Some senators have banded together to preserve freedom, and fight for the basic rights of beings everywhere. These rebels may be a ragtag band of idealists and the opressed, but their cause is just and fair, and their devotion and heroism are unrivalled.

But below thestrict disiplines of Imperial rule lie the underdogs. The criminal gangs of Coruscant scent gain upon the air. The smell is strong. While the Imperials fight to keep the Rebels at bay the Gangs of Coruscant rise up seeking control.

Yet the Empire underestimate many things. They are a racist society, and underestimate the resourcefulness of the aliens they are trying to crush. While the human dominated Empire tries to crush other sentient races under the boot of uniformity the Union for Alien Rights decides that it's time for military action.

To keep the Imperial war machine running costs billions of credits. And the Imperials have found a goldmine. The multi-billion credit corporations. Taxes have risen thousandfold on those whom flourished under the Republic. Seeing that the emporer needed, instructing, in how to treat the business world the Corperate Confederation is formed. Bounty hunters, smugglers and assassins flock to the enorumous sums the Confederation is offering, joining in with the cause to turn the Empire to corperate advantage.

To the streets of Coruscant, war is coming...

Character/Faction Based: Faction
Number of people interested: 0

Doctor FoO
Xaph
Shalashaska
(id: Xaphianion)
posted 06-19-06 02:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 2495       

Quote:

which of the calendars is "official?"

This one, despiste the fact I asked first, despite the Fact FoO told me I could do it, and despite the fact that FoO is the High Elder of the Imperial Legion, and despite the fact noone is going to use the Help thread.

Yay.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-19-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 2495       
Hey, I don't want arguments Xaph, let's keep this friendly please. Plus the Legion is dissolved

Anyway, are you interested in the RPG. The people who post here are the only ones who get to play, there are only 5 slots (and I will accept faction claiming)

Doctor FoO
Sirus Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 02:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2495       
This one needs some sort of memorial for DSF.

|M|o|d|e|l|i|n|g|

My anti-life

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 02:34 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2495       
Hear, hear.

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-19-06 03:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2495       
Alright, we'll have a DSF Memorial

Doctor FoO
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 03:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2495       

Quote:

Now, for the Calender's

second

Quote:

idea!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away…

Star Wars
Episode III
Revenge of the Sith

War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks from the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic Capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor...

This will be a Faction-based RPG, with the Republic, CIS, and you can suggest factions to me to add.

The major difference between this RPG and the movie is that you don’t have to follow the story.

Other than that, this RPG will start with the Battle of Coruscant just like in the movie.

And I call Obi-Wan!

People interested: BriJr.

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 06-19-2006 @ 04:16 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-19-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2495       
That's your three ideas Cheapy, oh and am I the only one who uses the form? I seem to be filling out everyone elses for them

Doctor FoO
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 03:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2495       
Cheapy, an Episode III RPG was done a long time ago and it was a brilliant success, so doing it again could also be brilliant. But I'm inclined to say I'm not interested sadly, purely because Sidious' whole devious scheme is the 'Revenge of the Sith' as is Order 66 . So removing them kind of make it lose its appeal to me.

Others may see differently however so good luck

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-19-06 03:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2495       
Kiev what about mine? *goes and sulks in a corner*

Doctor FoO
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2495       
FoO, I think that you should change it to be Rakata during the era that followed the fall of the infinite empire. But that's just me rambling.

Kiev, you're right. I'll change it so that Palpatine is still Sidious. I was trying to be bold, but it came out somewhere between annoying and stupid .

BriJr
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 04:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2495       
I am interested in Cheapy's Episode 3 and FoO's City of War.

BriJr
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 04:07 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2495       
*goes over to where FoO is sulking*

There there, I like your idea As long as the faction-based side of it didn't end up turning into a load of situations where it all comes down to numbers etc.

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-19-06 04:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 2495       
Oh, we'll have numbers, but I want good character posts too, and will be baised towards those that do

Doctor FoO
Sirus Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 04:57 PM EDT (US)     23 / 2495       
I shall call the Mandalorians once again for ROTF, This includes my 2 characters also .

|M|o|d|e|l|i|n|g|

My anti-life

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     24 / 2495       
When RotF come up, I'll take Virgessa, but I'll change her bio a teensy bit.

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 05:49 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2495       
FoO, there are some RPGs missing from the 'current.' Halo: Last Stand, and Star Wars: Warlords.

(¯`'•.¸Lazer X7¸.•'´¯)
¸¸,¤°`°`°o¤o,¸¸,o¤o°`°`°¤,¸¸

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)     26 / 2495       
Since Cheapy already has Warlords going on, and I'm next down the list, do you mind if I start RotF? I'm finally ready.

And I show grat interest in your idea FoO. If possible I claim, the Rebel Alliance(and its 50 people). I'm assumingthis is around the tim of the Correlian Treaty and the Declaration of Rebellion.

Dedicated RPer
Sirus Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 06:16 PM EDT (US)     27 / 2495       
But this time lets make sure that we have alot of people participating. That was the problem last time is there werent enought people that would post.

|M|o|d|e|l|i|n|g|

My anti-life

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 07:18 PM EDT (US)     28 / 2495       
Of course, he adds Cheapy's, but not mine. Add this to the 'current section':
HALO: LAST STAND
The year is 2552. We, humans, have spread across the entire galaxy. However, the massive empire is crumbling from the seige of a band of religous zealot alien forces know as the Covenant. Humanity has nearly been wiped out. Now as the Covenant forces close in on Reach, one of Humanity's last strongholds, one of the last hopes are the SPARTAN II super soilders. As UNSC tries to fend off the Covenant forces, will they prevale? Can the Covenant destroy the Spartans and rule the Galaxy? Only time will tell...

(¯`'•.¸Lazer X7¸.•'´¯)
¸¸,¤°`°`°o¤o,¸¸,o¤o°`°`°¤,¸¸

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

[This message has been edited by Lazer X7 (edited 06-19-2006 @ 07:18 PM).]

Sirus Fett
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 07:36 PM EDT (US)     29 / 2495       
Well technically this is for Star Wars stuff but im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

|M|o|d|e|l|i|n|g|

My anti-life

Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-06 08:20 PM EDT (US)     30 / 2495       
FoO, just heads up, but OR's going to be changing hands soon.

Also, would everyone be interested in a resurrected version of Empire's Bane? Here's the pitch, just to stir interest. This is purely unofficial at the moment; I'm just entertaining the thought.

The Emperor is dead.

The whispers had circled the galaxy. Hushed patrons at upper-class tapcafés and lowly cantinas alike spread the word to each other, eyeing carefully the stormtroopers standing nearby. No one believed it. How could it have happened? Palpatine, dead? The HoloNet had proclaimed a marvelous victory at Endor. What victory could have been if the Emperor had been killed?

Slowly, hope kindled in the hearts of the people. For days, the Death Star II remained high above the forest moon, the Imperial Fleet, bruised but victorious, standing silent beside it. The galaxy’s denizens had been perplexed when Imperial News Service had reported the Rebel forces disappearing. Mercy was not in the nature of the Empire. Too many unexplained events happening at once…

Then, it happened. A breaking story from INS came through. Urgent, the anchor said. Electrifying, officials told them. These paltry words fell short of the truth.

“Citizens of the Galactic Empire,” the young man with sandy blond hair and a black robe said. “I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, Hero of the Rebellion…and your new Emperor.” New Emperor! Skywalker? The famed destroyer of the first dreaded Death Star? It seemed impossible. For the next few moments, silence hung over the entire galaxy. “Palpatine’s reign is ended, his New Order has failed. Lord Vader is dead. It is time for a new era, one that I will establish with your help. No longer will we stamp out those who disagree. No more will we oppress the free peoples of the galaxy. The way of the New Empire will be peace, tolerance…the things that made the Old Republic great.

“Yet there is much work to be done before we can claim victory. The Galactic Civil War must come to a close and peace must once more define our galaxy. To this end, I will work tirelessly with Rebel officials to end this conflict. Henceforth, the Rebellion will be granted autonomy within all Unknown Regions territories, to conduct their affairs as they please. I wish them the best of luck, and my heart goes with my former comrades at arms.

“Here on the home front, however, the Empire must remain secure and strong. Thus, I will embark on a number of peacekeeping campaigns to the troubled sectors of our vast galaxy. We will bring them into the fold by means of peace – or war, if necessary.

“A new age has dawned, friends. Let us build our galaxy together, shape it into the fine, upstanding society that it must be. I am relying on all of you to aide me in this endeavor. May the Force be with you all.”

The transmission cut and the buzz picked up once more. Had Skywalker, the Rebels’ greatest hero actually come over the HoloNet and proclaimed himself Emperor? The INS anchor returned to the screen. He appeared as confused as they were all feeling. “Urm…Emperor…Skywalker,” he said. Clearing his throat, he composed himself. “Our teams will be working endlessly to ascertain the validity of these statements, but, if true, there can be no doubt that the galaxy will be a little different from now on.”

The INS anchor had no idea.

--- 5 years pass ---

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 06-19-2006 @ 08:30 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames