You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 01:22 PM EDT (US)     541 / 2495       
Not to be rude but... IN YO FACE CHEAPY!

Just had to get that out of my system, sorry.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 02:39 PM EDT (US)     542 / 2495       
He wasn't talking about casualties, he was talking about being gone for a while.

IN YO FACE REAPER!

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 02:57 PM EDT (US)     543 / 2495       
Sorry for double posting, but is anyone interested in my RPG idea? Please say yes!

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 04:42 PM EDT (US)     544 / 2495       
What casualties are you talking about cheapy? I said that we were ``falling apart``, in that our thread was getting kind of hung up without him doing the floating stats etc. I said nothing about casualties of any kind...

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 09:23 PM EDT (US)     545 / 2495       
Sorry. I assumed that you were talking about the casualties.

Btw, are you interested in FP?

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     546 / 2495       
Not really. Personally I don`t like post-NJO novels and their era, which is probably why. Although good luck getting people interested.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Boba Fettuccini
Culinary Mandalorian
posted 09-09-06 10:42 PM EDT (US)     547 / 2495       
Hey, everybody, I need help on my RPG!!! I need to make up some BRAND NEW planets for the Unknown Regions, without being too Star Treck-like.

Boba Fettuccini
(¯ (_) (_ | (\| (-\ (¯\ / ----- (\/| (-\ (\| |¯) (-\ (_ (¯) (¯\ | (-\ (\|
Slow dancing is more fun when you treat it like bumper cars.

Boba-Fettuccini.com - Music, Comics, and a Really Swell Guy
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 11:11 PM EDT (US)     548 / 2495       
What RPG is it. Set me a timeline and some stuff, I`m great at making up new things (I am making up weaponry and some technology for Lazer`s Frozen Past RPG).

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-10-06 04:48 AM EDT (US)     549 / 2495       
If you need help Boba, I'm willing to offer it, I may fail music and art but I like to think I have a fair creative streak (I came near top in English, I'm not certain if I was top or not. Damn SATS)

And now for an announcement: Is it just me or have things gone a little skew here? Nobody seems to be interested in the RPG's, remember most won't probably start for a while so approve any that take your fancy, I personally would but I'm just back to school and things are a bit hectic now so I can't afford any more commitment thsan I already have.

So basically, don't hold back! But make sure you do join those you approve, unless for sensible reasons

Doctor FoO
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 05:01 AM EDT (US)     550 / 2495       
To be honest, though all these new RPG ideas are really creative and original, I can't help but just want to play a good old purely-Star Wars RPG, with all the classic characters (Luke, Vader, Han etc). Anyone think its about time we did a character-based RPG spanning Episodes IV to VI?

I put emphasis on character-based because if it's one thing I can't stand, it's an RPG ruled by statistics and faction traits

Ki-Adi-Mundi - You lil' conehead, I salute you
Aayla Secura - Next time keep looking over your shoulder
Plo Koon - Learn how to press the 'eject' button
Stass Allie - Same as Aayla
Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin - Never underestimate old men
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 05:33 AM EDT (US)     551 / 2495       
I forgot a few things in my last post, so appologies for double-posting.

1. I just realised I don't think I officially expressed interest in the Birth of the Republic Thread. I wish to do so now

2. Here's my RPG Idea. The Original Trilogy, with everyone's favourite classic characters being controlled and guided by whichever RPer deems themselves worthy

RPG IDEA

RPG Name: Star Wars - The Original Trilogy RPG
Moderator: Darth Kiev
Plot: Starting where ANH starts, the story will follow one that the RPers themselves will make up, with only a few guidelines set by the moderator to help keep the plot flowing in an open-minded, but realistic, direction.
People Interested: 5

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS - THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY RPG

Episode IV
A NEW HOPE

It is a period of civil war. Rebel Alliance
starships, striking from a hidden base on
Yavin IV, have won their first victory against
the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE and it's notorious
Imperial Starfleet.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal
secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon,
the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with
enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents,
Princess Leia races home aboard her starship,
custodian of the stolen plans that can save
her people and restore freedom to the galaxy . . . .

If anyone is interested, then please do say so! It would be great if we were able to get this thing off the ground.

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiev (edited 09-10-2006 @ 01:04 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-10-06 05:44 AM EDT (US)     552 / 2495       
Okay Keiv, I'll put it up for you, but check the main post for the colour code, cheers

Doctor FoO
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 05:50 AM EDT (US)     553 / 2495       
Ok, shall do FoO, thanks!

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-10-06 06:10 AM EDT (US)     554 / 2495       
Okay, it's up Kiev, and I'm Interested in ANH. I'll add you to the moderators section

Also Persia should you be reading this I've noticed a slight discrepency in the ORII advert as you call it. You mention the Titan but not the Dominace, the Thyferran equivalent (I feel compelled to say this as the primary Thyferran player)

Doctor FoO
Xaph
Shalashaska
(id: Xaphianion)
posted 09-10-06 08:47 AM EDT (US)     555 / 2495       

Quote:

RPG IDEA

RPG Name: Star Wars - The Original Trilogy RPG
Moderator: Darth Kiev
Plot: Starting where ANH starts, the story will follow one that the RPers themselves will make up, with only a few guidelines set by the moderator to help keep the plot flowing in an open-minded, but realistic, direction.
People Interested: 1

Ooh! Vader and Lando FTW. And for that weird reason that I'm sure you have, Bold Lime

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-10-06 10:26 AM EDT (US)     556 / 2495       
I'll take that as interest then Xaph. (The wierd reason is convinience )

Doctor FoO
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     557 / 2495       
I'm interested in Kiev's RPG, but what about mine?

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 11:04 AM EDT (US)     558 / 2495       
I'm not a huge fan of NJO-era, let alone post-NJO, but I'm willing to give Forgotten Past a shot, Cheapy

Consider me Interested

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)     559 / 2495       
I am definitely interested in a good old fashioned 4-6 RPG. I don`t feel bothered to find the hexcodes for the interested color, so sorry about the non-color-codedness.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 12:08 PM EDT (US)     560 / 2495       
*shows interest in a ANH*

Though I would sugest starting it maybe 2 or 3 months earlier than ANH.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-10-06 01:01 PM EDT (US)     561 / 2495       
For future reference interest is Bold Lime, condescending mode:
[b ][c=lime ] (remove spaces)

Doctor FoO
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 02:15 PM EDT (US)     562 / 2495       
Hey everyone, I'm back!

This is an update for the Old Republic II Thread.

Name: Old Republic Thread II
Moderator: Persia
Plot: “JOHN, by the grace of God King of England, Lord of Ireland, Duke of Normandy and Aquitaine, and Count of Anjou, to his archbishops, bishops, abbots, earls, barons, justices, foresters, sheriffs, stewards, servants, and to all his officials and loyal subjects, Greeting.”

- The Magna Carta -

Star Wars
Birth of a Republic II: Reformation

Snatched from the jaws of peace and prosperity, the galaxy is once again at war. The brutal conflict the THYFERRAN ALLIANCE has prosecuted against the Core Confederacy for over five years, once considered a stalemated war, destined to end slowly and ingloriously, has spread to the rest of the galaxy, engulfing the Bothans and the ERIADU IMPERIUM.

After the capture of several key systems from the Core, most notably CORELLIA, the Core Confederacy has struck back, taking the vital shipyards of NUBIA, one of the major suppliers of the Thyferrans. Compounding the impending calamities is General RAVENLOCKE, the disaffected commander of Thyferran forces. With the support of the military's High Command, he threatens to break the Thyferran Alliance into yet another cruel civil war.

With their new TITAN CLASS BATTLESHIP to match the Eriaduan's fearsome DREADSTAR MARK II and Thyferran 'Dominance' Battleship, the Confederates hope to launch a devastating wave assault against he Thyferrans, toppling their government and forcing the Imperium to sue for peace. The Eriaduans, however, still hold a key advantage, the newly created FIST OF IMPERIOUS. The brainchild of the IMPERIOUS supercomputer network, it is the largest ship ever known to exist and is capable of laying waste to entire star systems.

The Jedi, having recently defended an attack on their main enclave at OSSUS by the fanatical anti-force CHURCH OF TRUTH have reluctantly given marginal support to the Confederacy, despite intense controversy even inside the High Council. Further troubling the Jedi is the BROTHERHOOD OF THE NIGHT, a darkside cult lead by the shadowy AELER DARKVOID. Holding sway even over General Ravenlocke, few know the true extent of Aeler's influence over the galaxy.

Even on Eriadu, a wealthy planet of culture and prosperity, the insidious influence of IMPERIOUS reaches, unknown even to the ineffectual Emperor of the Imperium, XIM THANO. Blinded to the affairs of the empire by the lascivious ARWEN NATTA, the unfortunate monarch, heir to a mighty empire, finds himself plotted against on all sides. The shroud of the darkness has descended. The fate of the galaxy is now in the balance...

Welcome to the Birth of a Republic II thread! This is the sequel to "The Old Republic Thread: Remastered". ORII picks up just a month or two after the first thread, with all characters and events carrying over from the original.

Welcome to the Birth of a Republic II thread! This is the sequel to "The Old Republic Thread: Remastered". ORII picks up just a month or two after the first thread, with all characters and events carrying over from the original.
Character/Faction based: Character

-------------

Also, to coincide with the release of ORII, I intend to have finished something I've been working on and off on for about half a year, "The Chronicle of the Eriaduan Emperors", a reign by reign account of the emperors, despots and founders of the Eriaduan Monarchy.

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-10-06 02:59 PM EDT (US)     563 / 2495       
Welcome back Persia, I'll sort out your update momentarily

Doctor FoO
Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 03:20 PM EDT (US)     564 / 2495       
Just for the record, I can reserve my characters from the Old Republic: Remastered thread right Persia?

Just as a reminder in case you have forgotten who I controlled:

High Admiral Helena Kualan - Supreme Commander of the Confederate Navy. Temporarily left her position after the losses of Carida and Corellia, but returned to command a successful attack on the Thyferran, Eriaduan and Church of Truth forces at Ossus with the help of a rogue Hutt warlord.

Director Darmas Kualan - Cousin of the High Admiral. Head of CMI (Confederate Military Intelligence). Relations between him and the Head of State were based on a mutual respect rather than a particular liking for one another.

Bri'Tu Faye - Aleena Jedi. Member of the Jedi High Council. Supportive of the idea to ally with Confederacy on a full-scale, permenant basis.

R'huhk - Whiphid Jedi. Member of the Jedi High Council. Believes the Jedi should only help the Confederacy when it comes to fighting the Church of Truth, for he believes it is not the Order's place to fight the Confederacy's enemies unless they directly threaten the Order.

Lieutenant Tollor - Mon Calamari Lieutenant to High Admiral Kualan. Loyally serves her and is her most trusted officer in the Navy.

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiev (edited 09-10-2006 @ 03:23 PM).]

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 03:20 PM EDT (US)     565 / 2495       
Interested in OR:II

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-10-06 03:28 PM EDT (US)     566 / 2495       
Just for reference, yes, people's characters in the ORII thread from the previous one will be reserved for them, so no worries everyone

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 00:51 AM EDT (US)     567 / 2495       
I'll probably come back to OR. I believe I had Lord Fatuus and Deius Tarsti. And, if at all possible in DSF's unfortunate absence, I would like to take control of dear, old Aeler Darkvold as he is undoubtedly one of my favorites creations.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 11:12 AM EDT (US)     568 / 2495       
Of course Melkor. Given that it is EXTREMELY unlikely that DSF will return, you may of course have Aeler Darkvoid.

Incidentally, I'd like to make five little statements.

First, I'd like to thank Melkor for the original OR Thread. it was very well made and looking at my old posts I'm sort of glad I had a chance to start over from my atrocious spelling and grammar

Secondly, I'd like to report that my FanFic\Fan Encyclopedia "Chronicle of the Eriaduan Emperors: A reign by reign account of the 'Soverigns of the Outer Rim': by Drawde Nobbig" is coming along nicely. It stands currently at 8 MS Word pages, with the preface, Appendix A and the reign of the first emperor, Galvin Thano already recorded. I may post the first few pages later, assuming I have time.

Thirdly, I'd like to say that ORII is unlikely to be made until Empire's Bane is finished, for several reasons. One, is that myself (and, I think melkor also) have rather limited time, and giving proper attention to two RPG's would be alot of effort. Two, many of the principle members of the (future) ORII RPG are involved in another (EB, CW) and I'd prefer again, to wait a bit until people's schedules are freer, and three, my fan fic is not yet finished and I would like for them to be released at the same time.

Fourth, I was wondering how many of you would want to make ORII fleet based, similar to CW. I know that's been pretty popular lately, and while I personally wouldn't endorse it, as I like the character based feel, but if the players want it that badly, I'll go along with it.

Fifth and finally, I have a defenite plan regarding my RPG's in the future. First of all, I intend to finish the OR series, ending with the formation of the Republic. Second of all, I have several RPG's I'm bandying about as post-OR projects for me. An obvious canidate is FEIV, which may or may nt be created at some future date, depending on how interested the community is at the time. I also intend, sometime in the future to revive "The Rebirth of Darkness" RPG DSF made shortly before he departed. Thirdly, I have been bandying about a bit of a twist on the whole SW chronology, an alternate history if you will. What if the events of Dark EMpire had turned out differently? What if Palpatine had won, wreaked his bloody revenge upon the Skywalkers and enslaved the galaxy? Yuzzahn Vong, Chiss, Ssi-Ruuk, all enslaved or exterminated under his seemingly invincible regime. Suppose that a new Jedi Order, sensing the coming darkness, went into hiding, with only two, a master and an apprentice. Now, after over a thousand years of hiding, the two remaining jedi intend to topple Palpatine Dark Empire and restore freedom to the galaxy.

Just an idea of mine.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Oh, one last thing. I have recently recieved word from DSF in an E-mail he sent to me recently. I'd like to speak with the RPérs on MSN if possible. My MSN is the old one, kirspiluk21@verizon.net

Sic Transit Gloria.

[This message has been edited by Imperial_Persia (edited 09-12-2006 @ 12:05 PM).]

Darth Kiev
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 12:14 PM EDT (US)     569 / 2495       
I definately do not want a fleet-based ORII RPG, Persia

I shall be on MSN A.S.A.P

Imperial_Persia
Clone Trooper
posted 09-12-06 12:31 PM EDT (US)     570 / 2495       
Darth Kiev, I tried to send the thing to you, but it bounced back, and you seem to have disappeared off MSN.
If you send me an E-mail, I can just attatch the file and reply, to be sure I have the correct address.

Sic Transit Gloria.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames