You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 11:29 PM EDT (US)     511 / 2495       
Frozen Past RPG Sign Ups are up!

(¯`'•.¸Lazer X7¸.•'´¯)
¸¸,¤°`°`°o¤o,¸¸,o¤o°`°`°¤,¸¸

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 00:16 AM EDT (US)     512 / 2495       
Um, Solomon, you seem to be misreading a lot of posts. Such as my posts about boarding stations: I said I boarded SOME of the OUTLYING stations and shipyards, not the main orbital complex, or the stations far from the battle, or on the other side of the planet or anywhere else in the system. Just a bunch of them right next to the battle. My character is also continuously hinting at the possibility of retaking them by wondering to himself (over 3 times to date) why the Republic has yet to launch couner attacks on the platforms. I couldn`t launch them for the republic or I would be godmodding their characters, and everyone would get pissed at me. Sure the minefields are there, but they aren`t impenetrable or else ships from the Republic could not get out of the shipyards. Reassembling shield generators seems a bit far-fetched for my tastes, but simply operation the already functional parts of a mostly complete mandator in dock in the shipyards could be done. Not well, but definitely doable. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that this is a non-canon storyline. If it is non-canon, then why are there outer-rim sieges in the first place? They do not seem to be happening as of yet, and probably won`t for some time if at all. Playing an RPG without the ability to alter events overall is kind of pointless, since it would basically be pretending to be in the movie which we can all do without other people.

In conclusion: godmodding the game towards a specific end is, even as the GM, somewhat frustrating to say the least. I certainly didn`t sign up for this RPG thinking that the CIS was bound for loss simpy because it was canon, as it had been stated numerous times that this clone wars RPG could have any ending. If the CIS wants to keep attacking core worlds with ever diminishing fleets, that is their own decision. Specifically, Darth Sidious`s through way of Count Dooku and his suboordinate Sev`rance Tann. If this is going to be the case, that is that the game will be turned toward canon storyline even though the events are clearly different (sev`rance tann even LIVING this long is non-canon) I may be forced to resign my characters from the game. This is not the way I would want my gaming environment personally, and I believe many people with players in the CIS feel the same way about being pushed towards things that unrealistically would not happen (sure Kuat has serious defenses, but would it be impossible to navigate minefields or impossible to secure some of their defensive platforms and a single ship? Would it be that hard for a CIS fleet to beat the living daylights out of a Republic fleet for ONCE? I am sure it has happened before, but I wasn`t around since before the battle of Coruscant and so I feel that the battle of Coruscant in itself was a mistake (of course I missed why the CIS went there in the first place, so if you could fill me in on that later I would be much obliged) and that being catapulted headlong through events not of our own choosing would be incredibly detrimental to the fun in the RPG. Sure your goals may be heading us towards the Outer Rim sieges, but even though the GM is god to an RPG most of the players probably wouldn`t stick around if their faction lost a battle that was evenly matched due to obvious cheating on the GM`s part. [/rantmodeoff]

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 09-05-2006 @ 00:19 AM).]

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
(id: Solomon)
posted 09-05-06 00:52 AM EDT (US)     513 / 2495       
Well, I often feel there is mis-communication on the part of the CIS players as well.

Quote:

I said I boarded SOME of the OUTLYING stations and shipyards, not the main orbital complex, or the stations far from the battle, or on the other side of the planet or anywhere else in the system. Just a bunch of them right next to the battle.

Quoted From Reaper, post 900 from the Clone Wars thread:

Quote:

``All munificents are to report boarding status of outlying spacedocks and satellite defense stations to my console immediately!`` after this order his console lit up with almost 200 green lights: full station control achieved. Excellent Junn thought now my plan can come to fruition! ``All stations under CIS control, open fire on the Republic Fleet and KDY dockyards!`` At his command almost 125 defense stations above Kuat opened fire on their previous owners, and another 45 opened up on the enemy orbital dockyards and minefields.

See, this isn't exactly a few. This would indicate the scale of your capture operations in the middle of a major battle is comparitively huge. I'm also getting the impression you feel that the stations you battled over and captured are 100% operational and capable, which in my mind is also hard to agree with.

You'd have to take down the shields on stations the size of Star Destroyers, disable them using ion weapons, board them and kill everything, then restart all the systems from their damaged status to use, all in the middle of an intense battle. In my mind, the stations at this point would be damaged, shieldless and nearly weaponless, which is the basis of my objections. But with that said, it was an interesting operation and something that was cool with me, except for the scale of the operation.

Quote:

My character is also continuously hinting at the possibility of retaking them by wondering to himself (over 3 times to date) why the Republic has yet to launch couner attacks on the platforms.

Personally, I wouldn't even launch a counter-operation, but I would do something that would make you go ballistic. It's a canonical novel source about Kuat that is applicable here. I won't do it until the end of the battle.

--------------------------

As for your points about my GMing, I can understand them. I know you recently joined and so weren't privy to some of the behind the scenes history of the Clone Wars up to date. What I try to do is provide the framework and parameters, the broad brushstrokes if you will, so that the RPers can come in and fill in the details in their own way. The only thing I have in mind is the completion of the original Sith conspiracy. If the original Sith conspiracy doesn't work, then the whole point of the Clone Wars is lost.

Until recently, but again before you joined, we had an RPer that was Palpatine, and who that was pulling the strings on both sides to make the conspiracy happen. That RPer was the one who ordered an early battle of Coruscant to push the Republic closer to an Empire, and myself as Grevious and Bando as Tann attempted to comply. Kuat is the first battle where our Palpatine did not work into it, but in the absence of Palpatine and the temporary absence of Dooku, I was still trying to make the Sith conspiracy work.

With that said, ANYTHING can still happen, canonically or non-canonically, but the provisio is that it has to be realistic and fair to all. When I mean fair to all, I mean fair in RPing manners. If you want to boil a planet's atmosphere or introduce superweapons, be my guest, but give other people time to respond to your moves, don't ignore their posts, and when you do stuff, please be realistic. If the Republic becomes an Empire because of desperation against so many CIS successes instead of a "Jedi coup", that's ok, but in the end the Empire will be established as the only power in the Galaxy with Palpatine, Dooku's master, in charge of it. If Commodore York or General Tann find themselves in Imperial uniform through one reason or another, it'd be all the better.

None of the above are shots at you Reaper, I've actually enjoyed your posts and I can tell how much you enjoy writing them, but the above conditions are the thoughts in my mind that guide my reactions, and GMing, of the Clone Wars.

Remember to Breathe - Dashboard Confessional
-Here I Am, and here I remain! - Leto Atreides, Dune

[This message has been edited by Solomon (edited 09-05-2006 @ 00:55 AM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 01:01 AM EDT (US)     514 / 2495       
Who said ALL of the stations are star destroyer sized

The 200 smaller defense platforms were almost insignificant in a battle with hundreds if not thousands of destroyer class vessels. I do not have the opinion that they are fully operational, however they were not all damaged sufficiently enough to be worthless. After all, why would I bother boarding a space station of any size if I didn`t think it could be done? That would just be bad tactics after all. I am glad we could resolve this in a relatively civilized manner, but see the actual RPG thread for my final complaint regarding canonicity (this time it has nothing to do with the actual RPG, more of a detail really). Your analogy of large brush strokes is not lost upon a person such as myself, but I would feel better if that damned sidious didn`t make the CIS lose on purpose. Dooku himself felt at one point that the CIS could have won outright in a war of attrition and felt no more need to continue governmental subterfuge. All I`m saying is keep it realistic and fun. Let the war play out in a manner different than that of the movies. Personally I would have preferred if palpatine was less of a coward and did not entirely rely upon using the CIS organization as a puppet and figured it was a plan B to kill it off and institute a republic in that manner. Plan A would have been to kick the Republic`s ass and take control, of course. Oh well, we can`t all have what we want or we would have to conflict somewhere down the line and then what would happen?

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-05-06 06:01 AM EDT (US)     515 / 2495       
Okay, okay I've heard enough, although I am very pleased that this was an adult discussion, I'm so proud of you two *ruffles hairs*

Anyway, here is the situation and my recommendations:

Firstly Sol isn't going on the probation list, but the whole idea of an RPG is that you take the roles and do what you want with them, not to reach a particular destination. And it is wrong to the GM to try and force one, if this sort of thing happens again it will be probation, for anyone

Now that that's over with. Wouldn't it be easier for you Sol to create a new thread so that you can have access to the title post? Because I don't think anyone would have a problem with that

Then after all that I think this could have been avoided if there had been more clarity on both sides, so my previous recomendation stands:
CIS keep the upper hand but take heavy losses next post
But it's up to you if you want to take my advice or not.

Have fun RP'ing

Doctor FoO
KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 09:20 AM EDT (US)     516 / 2495       
I stopped posting in Clone Wars because people were ignoring my posts. If you will look back to I think my second last post you will see that I recalled Vos and Dooku to Coruscant. Whoever it is that controls Dooku completely ignored me, despite my reminding them.

I didn't abandon the RPG, I was ignored and so I departed. Take me off the probation list or I quit RPGs altogether.

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-05-06 09:48 AM EDT (US)     517 / 2495       
That's a bit drastic, eh Kyp? I happen to be Dooku in the Clone Wars, and recently I've been having computer troubles, so I wouldn't have been able to do anything, but I'm back now so I'll be able to reply. Sorry for any trouble

As for taking you off the list, well if you can prove you stated you were leaving before you did then I'll take you off. Otherwise you're on there for September

Doctor FoO
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 09-05-06 12:43 PM EDT (US)     518 / 2495       
Probation for Pacifica2, Xaph, Darth Fett, Darthjacob1153, Bonehead for abandoning the Return of the Forge RPG.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.

[This message has been edited by Sir Billy (edited 09-05-2006 @ 01:15 PM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 12:58 PM EDT (US)     519 / 2495       
That`s a pretty tall order of people for the list at once there sir billy! Be careful not to bite off more than you can chew (some of them are bound to argue this probation sentence).

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 01:16 PM EDT (US)     520 / 2495       
Cheapy and Sarthos have been removed from my list. (They are immobilized by Xaph.)

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.

[This message has been edited by Sir Billy (edited 09-05-2006 @ 01:16 PM).]

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 02:10 PM EDT (US)     521 / 2495       
Friend of Old

Quote:

Wouldn't it be easier for you Sol to create a new thread so that you can have access to the title post? Because I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Well, I wasn't sure how a thread restart would affect gameplay, and I felt there'd be a chance of a crippled start. I aslo THOUGHT I could handle the extra load with our floating stats. In addition, I'm going after a longest RPG ranking. Simple greed for prestige I'm afriad.

kyp
Now now kyp, you were Vos.

You also ordered the CIS to attack Coruscant, which we did. We couldn't do it right AWAY because most of the Rpers were totally engaged at the Battle of Duros. When we all did get there, you weren't around, even during Grevious's capture attempt on the Chancellor, or during the intense ground and space fighting as Vos. The Battle of Coruscant occurred pretty much over the entire month of August.

When I still saw you post at EB, I figured you didn't have a computer problem or extended vacation, yet you dropped without a reason or notice arguably the most important character in the Star Wars Galaxy, Palpatine, as well as IMO, the deepest character after Skywalker and Palpatine, Quilan Vos. I was a little miffed, but again, I didn't know the reason why you left, and I called you on it.

With FoO back now as Dooku again and with the Republic Jedi Council represented, I'm sure we'd all appreciate your return. After all, what's the Clone Wars without it's Sith puppet master?

[This message has been edited by Solomon (edited 09-05-2006 @ 02:14 PM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 02:12 PM EDT (US)     522 / 2495       
More fun ;P

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-05-06 03:10 PM EDT (US)     523 / 2495       
*stares slack-jawed at Billy* I'm afarid with a list that long it would appear to have died due to complete lack of interest, rather than one person killing it, which is what the list is for, I'm afraid you're going to have to single out one or two catalysts

Kyp I've taken into consideration what you've said, and what everyone else has said and I'm willing to lift your scentence on the condition that you become active again.
Fair?

EDIT: Ha, ha, ha. That's damned cheeky of you Sol, now hop to it

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2006 @ 03:12 PM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 03:51 PM EDT (US)     524 / 2495       
Fine: Pacifica2 and Xaph

Pacifica2 was the leader of this RPG, and vanished without notification. He has posted in some other rpg's recently and signed up for one of mine.

Xaph: He also left without indication, and has subsequently kept three people from posting, because their characters were either captured by him, receiving orders from him, or were in the middle of a conversation with him.

Can you atleast put them on the list?

Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 06:40 PM EDT (US)     525 / 2495       
Well...

Frankly all my characters are paralyzed as well.

Io needs help from Xaph.

Jacen is going to help Divon fight off the Dark jedi, but then they where going to give the amulet to Skywalker.

And you as Tartarus(did you give him up?), have an order to attack Coruscant.

I'm actually thinking about just ending RotF.

But I second probation on Xaph.

He had one of the main characters, and left with little explanation.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 06:48 PM EDT (US)     526 / 2495       
Well, Kiev, Archbishop and I are still posting, so don't end it just yet!

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 09-05-06 08:23 PM EDT (US)     527 / 2495       
Just a reminder to anyone participating,

The FanFic Contest submission deadline is in 4 days, September 9th!

Also,

Friend of Old, you have 48 hours to change your HG user account to a valid email address before I have to ban you.

Sorry for the annoying notices.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 09-05-2006 @ 09:27 PM).]

Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 09-05-06 09:40 PM EDT (US)     528 / 2495       
I won't stop. Cheapy just posted, and once Xaph posts again/someone take's over Revan temporrarily[sp?], we can start dancingposting to the tune of an active thread... YA!!!

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 09-06-06 05:01 AM EDT (US)     529 / 2495       

Quote:

Now now kyp, you were Vos.

1. Don't ever talk to me like that. I am not a child.
2. Vos was on Coruscant with Sidious waiting for Dooku and his fleet was still at Mygeeto. Yet another obvious example of your complete disregard for my posts.
3. I dropped out without reason or notice because I was ignored without reason or notice.

Quote:

and I'm willing to lift your scentence on the condition that you become active again.
Fair?

Oh fair and just ruler, can thou ever forgive me? I don't want it lifted; I want it erased completely because I wasn't even notified of it. The only way I found it was that I was bored and looking through this thread. I was tried and found guilty without being able to present a defense at all.

EDIT: For the record post 535 and 557, my last two posts in Clone Wars were a Palpatine and Vos respectively. The first is Palpatine ordering Dooku and Vos to Coruscant. The second is Vos hastening to Coruscant. NOWHERE DOES IT MENTION THAT HE BRINGS HIS FLEET.

Quote:

Fine: Pacifica2 and Xaph

That is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone else stopped posting way before Xaph did. ROTF died this second time because people lost interest. Quit trying to find a scapegoat.

[This message has been edited by kypjargon (edited 09-06-2006 @ 12:29 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-06-06 05:04 PM EDT (US)     530 / 2495       
Sorry I don't have much time, so I'll deal with everything on the morrow, including this:

Crazed that e-mail is valid, I just don't check it much, there's no reason to get testy, a simple request would do fine
No seriously, I'll sort everything, including my e-mail out soon

EDIT: Sorry Crazed I was wrong, allow me to rectify that, It's vaild now!

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-06-2006 @ 05:06 PM).]

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 09-06-06 09:01 PM EDT (US)     531 / 2495       
My apologies, I wasn't trying to sound testy, I was just trying to get your attention. I didn't want to ban your account for a stupid thing like an inactive email.

And guys, please, an RP is no reason to go crazy. Calm down.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 09-06-2006 @ 09:02 PM).]

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-07-06 01:14 AM EDT (US)     532 / 2495       
And I'm sorry if I caused offense, and I completely agree. It's just a game on an intetrnet forum, not life and death

Kyp

By lifted, I mean erased. There will be no record of it apart from what has been said in these last posts, I can't delete them. And unless you haven't visited the calender for a while you'd know about the probation list, and if you've ever RP'ed with me you'd know that quitting without notice, even if you think is just, irritates me to no end. All said I have no intention to drive you away, and I@d be happy if this got brushed under the rug.
Now, what's it going to be?

Billy and Pacifica

Alright, I'll give Xaph until tomorrow afternoon (BST) to make a statement in defense because of kyp's intervention.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-07-2006 @ 01:25 AM).]

KypJargon
Clone Trooper
posted 09-07-06 08:59 AM EDT (US)     533 / 2495       
Okay, sure.
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-07-06 02:50 PM EDT (US)     534 / 2495       
Exellent! In that case I'll wipe your name from the list, just make sure you post soon in the Clone Wars, see you there

Doctor FoO
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-08-06 09:49 PM EDT (US)     535 / 2495       
I'm whipping up the details to an RPG I had an idea for while I was camping. It'll be done soon.

EDIT: IDEA COMPLETE!

Creator: Cheapy the Hutt
RPG Name: Forgotten Past
Plot: NOTE: The events in this RPG take place just before Legacy of the Force: Betrayal.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS
FORGOTTEN PAST RPG

LUKE SKYWALKER, Grand Master of the JEDI ORDER, has vanished along with his son, BEN SKYWALKER, while on an undercover mission for the GALACTIC ALLIANCE. MARA JADE SKYWALKER and JACEN SOLO have set out to find him on their own. However, events are conspiring against them, and they must move quickly before the trail grows cold.

Meanwhile, the Galaxy is teetering into chaos. Dozens of JEDI KNIGHTS have been sent to attempt to keep the peace and uphold justice, but they are spread too thin to make much of a difference. LEIA ORGANA SOLO and her husband, HAN SOLO, have debarked on a mission to the former Imperial Throneworld of Bastion, where reports of Imperial extremists have been originating from.

As Mara and Jacen rush to their companion’s aid, a dark presence is stirring in the far reaches of the galaxy. Awakening from its slumber, it eyes the galaxy with greed, waiting for the moment when it can claim the stars for its own. The SELKORIANS have returned to the galaxy…

Teaser post:

Ben Skywalker crouched behind the white, curved wall of the alien corridors. He gingerly touched his shin, and winced as pain shot up his leg. His shin had been broken when one of the alien’s weapons had sent some sort of translucent beam through it. It had snapped under the pressure, and Ben had collapsed to the ground.

He detected no presences around the corner, so he eased himself up on his good leg and slowly hopped to the next corner. He stopped when he thought he heard something, but when the sound didn’t appear again he continued.

His lightsaber clinked against his blaster as he moved. He quickly grabbed them and separated them, fearing that the creatures would hear the small noises. Ben unclipped his lightsaber and kept his thumb on the button, just in case.

His mind began to wonder, and he replayed the past events over in his head. He and his father had traced the black market items to this seemingly backwater world in the middle of nowhere. They had touched down near what looked like some sort of city. As soon as they had walked out of the shuttle, however, they had both felt their danger sense flare and had dove away from the craft as a green blast of light blew their shuttle to pieces. They had ignited their lightsabers, but had only been answered by the startled cries of some sort of local avian, which had flown off into the distance. Ben also remembered that he had heard a loud humming noise, but it eventually grew fainter and fainter and disappeared.

They had decided to hike to the structures in the distance, but had discovered that they were deserted. After a while of picking through the rubble, Ben had found a small hatch with a strange lock on it. It had some sort of handprint identification panel, but the hand looked far from human. It was four fingered and bumpy, with a smaller finger protruding from the wrist. Luke had concentrated on it for a moment, then had pushed the air around the device into the exact shape of the print. The hatch had lifted open, and they had descended into a white corridor exactly like the one that Ben was traveling through now.

He had been separated from Luke after they had been attacked by the blue-skinned lizards and their odd probe droids. Ben remembered the determined look on his father’s face as he dodged sonic waves, threw lizards against the walls, and had refused to back down.

Until another probe droid snuck up behind him.

Another sonic blast, this one with an azure sheen to it, had engulfed his father. Luke had collapsed, his eyes rolling up inside his head, as the lizards surrounded him, weapons leveled. Ben recalled screaming “NO!!!!!” as they carried his father deeper into the maze of corridors. He had tried to follow, but a stray sonic blast had hit his leg and broken his shin. He fell to the floor, scrabbling on the aesthetically rounded sides of the walls to try to get back up, but he just kept falling again. He had finally managed to get back up, but by that time the lizards had disappeared-along with his father.

Ben pushed away the memories with an effort. He had to get his father back. He wouldn’t leave without him-

He froze as the sound reappeared again. It was a familiar sound, a small, almost imperceptible hum.

And it was coming this way.

Ben quickly ignited his lightsaber and retreated down the corridor back the way he came. He could see the hatch ahead of him. A few more meters-

Too late. One of the lizard’s H-shaped probots appeared from around the corner ahead of him. He tried to bring his lightsaber up in a block, a futile gesture, but it might have worked-if not for his broken leg. He shifted his weight onto it accidentally and yelled as he fell. He looked up and tried to summon the energy to through the probot’s aim off-

Again, too late. A light blue blast engulfed him, and Ben Skywalker fell into unconsciousness.

People Interested: Darth Kiev, Me.

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 09-10-2006 @ 11:57 AM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-08-06 10:31 PM EDT (US)     536 / 2495       
Alright. If Solomon doesn`t show up by monday I`m going to have to request a new temporary mod for the clone wars RPG. We`re falling apart because people can`t keep track of their casualties over there, and may need some help. I am player-modding some conflicts for the time being, but if Solomon doesn`t come back (he HAS been missing for a couple of days now) we`re gonna need a replacement. Kind of hasty on my part, but the thread doesn`t appear to be... running that well without him.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 09-08-2006 @ 10:35 PM).]

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 02:52 AM EDT (US)     537 / 2495       
I am quite certain that Sol's going to be back soon, you gotta remember that he uses his library's internet. Something must hold him back in the dreaded real life

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-09-06 09:56 AM EDT (US)     538 / 2495       
Updated! Billy and Pacifica win, Xaph is on the list

And Sol, I'm worrided that you haven't started to persue me about the latest update for the Clone Wars, you alright my friend?

Doctor FoO
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     539 / 2495       

Quote:

We`re falling apart because people can`t keep track of their casualties over there

No, we haven't. You're the only one who's made any reference to anything falling apart.

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
posted 09-09-06 01:10 PM EDT (US)     540 / 2495       
No, Reaper is right. It's my 2nd Annual disappear from RPs event, with apologies to all. I hate to do it, but I'm getting rammed with university and work.

The next mods should be co-mods, so they can mod each other over disputes. I nominate Bando or Boba as co-mods. They both have been keen supporters and players from the beginning, and I know they're definitely passionate about the gaming.

Sorry to all, and I hope it keeps up. We've done a great job.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames