Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kongou Dess

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-01-06 07:49 PM EDT (US)     481 / 2495       
Awsome, Cheapy, and I support yours Boba. Also, I'll figure out which clan does which.

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

Boba Fettuccini
Culinary Mandalorian
posted 09-01-06 08:09 PM EDT (US)     482 / 2495       
Well, that's great, Lazer, but do you have any ideas for me? That's what I need. After all, I don't have a bitmap, and my story is very foggy.

And I am interested in yours very much. It souns kinda...cool.

Boba Fettuccini
( (_) (_ | (\| (-\ (\ / ----- (\/| (-\ (\| |) (-\ (_ () (\ | (-\ (\|
Slow dancing is more fun when you treat it like bumper cars.

Boba-Fettuccini.com - Music, Comics, and a Really Swell Guy
General Jettings
Clone Trooper
posted 09-02-06 01:25 PM EDT (US)     483 / 2495       

Quote:

*will trade support for other's RPGs for support for own's*

Maybe you should make a sign. It might be more efective.

Do I realy need a signature?
Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 09-02-06 01:51 PM EDT (US)     484 / 2495       
This is off-topic, but for those of you who were/are interested, sign-ups have started for my X-Men RPG in the Mos Eisle Cantina. Just click on my signature if your to lazy to find it.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-03-06 12:11 PM EDT (US)     485 / 2495       
*kicks computer* Damn you, Start!

Sorry guys, I'm in the middle of a crisis with my computer here and it's a miricle I can get on, so hopefully this is the end of my problems.

From what I've gleaned there are three things I need to do

-SWN can start officially, I'll put it up
-Kyp shall go on the probation list
-I need to put Lazer's RPG up to be approved, if he's filled in the form

SO that's what I'll do and I'm going to post in the RPG's I'm i and sort other things out. Tell me if I've missed anything, cheers

P.S. Phantom Meanace is unauthorised and is not recognised by this establishment

Doctor FoO
Archbishop Green
Clone Trooper
(id: Reverend Green)
posted 09-03-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     486 / 2495       

Quote:

P.S. Phantom Meanace is unauthorised and is not recognised by this establishment

You make it sound like a government stance toward a hostile military dictatorship

"You might very well think that, Mattie. I couldn't possibly comment." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

"After the silly season comes the conference season. Opposition did rather well this year. Abandoned their usual tactic of squabbling in public and shooting themselves in the foot; had a go at us instead. Especially the Prime Minister, I'm sorry to say. Most unsporting." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
(id: Solomon)
posted 09-03-06 06:45 PM EDT (US)     487 / 2495       
Hey, if anybody's interested, we've got a need for players for Palpatine\Sidious, Obi-Wan Kenobi and an Anakin Skywalker in the Clone Wars.

They're critical positions, but open to anyone. While Anakin SHOULD go to the Dark Side, the game IS ours, so you can do what you want with the characters.

Cheers!

Remember to Breathe - Dashboard Confessional
-Here I Am, and here I remain! - Leto Atreides, Dune
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 09-03-06 06:52 PM EDT (US)     488 / 2495       
I want Solomon on the Probation List. He has admitted he does not have much time for RP'ing, and he claims that we are ganging up on his Republic characters because we have more time to post. I think it is hypocritical for one to complain that this is unfair when mods for RPG's should generally have enough time to manage it. Also, he has threatened to mod-reverse our posts because of this.

< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
posted 09-03-06 07:09 PM EDT (US)     489 / 2495       
For those who are interested, I'm going to reference posts 895 to 903 in the Clone Wars, where IMO the violations occured, then my decision at post 913. A conversation follows from 913.

For the record, as stated in the thread, I'm putting the posts on hold until tomorrow to allow Republic players to respond. They are not voided, merely on hold until tomorrow morning.

Questions, comments or constructive criticism welcome.

EDIT: I am not the only Republic player on a tight time-frame for RPing, Cheapy the Hutt has also warned us of this.

[This message has been edited by Solomon (edited 09-03-2006 @ 07:13 PM).]

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 09-03-06 07:12 PM EDT (US)     490 / 2495       
Ummm...why is Austin on the list? I thought he quit due to computer troubles.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 00:09 AM EDT (US)     491 / 2495       
Personally Solomon, I have responded to your tempsuspensions of our posts (or my post in particular). Also, I do not think anyone should be allowed to play palpatine. Personally, I hated how he did things. He created an entire faction with power comparable to the Republic and had it crushed at a wim. Not a cool strategy by my book (he purposely dragged out the war by destroying key elements to CIS strategy and units, and made the CIS lose when even Count Dooku thought they could dispense with the subterfuge and win outright). Putting a person into that kind of power might compromise the integrity and fun of the game.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 00:35 AM EDT (US)     492 / 2495       
*advirtises Frozen Past*

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-04-06 06:58 AM EDT (US)     493 / 2495       
Archbishop, that was the idea. Thought it would be a laugh and wondered if anyone would notice/care. I'll be more laid back in future

Don't worry Lazer, I'll put the BB Code in it.

And I don't want any arguements, and I'll take Austin off the list, I didn't realise. But now...

Here ye, Here ye RP'ers of the Forums, The wierd and wonderful FoO will now make an announcement...

. Anyway. I've decided to make things a little easier for everyone (especially myself) by introducing a new coding system for the important things in the calendar. As much as I enjoy reading your conversations, they are often off topic and I miss people who are interested and othere things I need to do. So...

Post New RPG Idea <Insert name here> like that when you have an idea

Post Interested in <Insert name here> like that when you approve of an idea

Post Update for <Insert name here> like that when you want me to update the main post

Post Probation for <Insert name here> like that when you want me to put a person on (or take off as the case may be) the probation list.

If anyone has any problems with the new system please tell me within 24 hours, because it will then become offical. Thank you and have a nice day.

Doctor FoO
Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     494 / 2495       
Alright, the clans, fixed, in detail-
Voslain (freaky aliens)
Galan Clan (Human, more civil, advanced clan, wants war to end)
Voramen Clan (Human, barbaric, war-loving clan)
Gornet Clan (Human, like less advanced naboobians)
Disciples of the Light (People who still follow the ways of the Force, not as diciplined as jedi)
Dark Acholytes (Dark Force-users who are on no ones side)

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

[This message has been edited by Lazer X7 (edited 09-04-2006 @ 06:48 PM).]

General Jettings
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 01:48 PM EDT (US)     495 / 2495       
Lazer, I'd be interested in your RPG "Frozen Past".

And make nominations in the RPG awards!

Do I realy need a signature?
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 02:04 PM EDT (US)     496 / 2495       
Probation for Solomon

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-04-06 04:08 PM EDT (US)     497 / 2495       
Okaaay. I think I know where you're coming from Bando, but can you please state an exact reason, so I can decide wether or not to give Solomon a chance for a retribution or instant probation.

And thank you very much Bando for using the new system, and as for the rest of you, I'd like to know what you think!

General: Thanks for showing interest in an RPG, and would you like me to put these awards up on the main posts?

Doctor FoO
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 09-04-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     498 / 2495       
Well, after loosing Grievous in CW, he started favoring the Republic. Also, he says CIS chracters post too quickly and don't give the Republic players time to post, but whatever we doo, like taking over a Mandator, can't be done, and the Republic must win.

Basically, the CIS players are getting ganged up on...

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-04-06 05:16 PM EDT (US)     499 / 2495       
Tell the truth I was asking Bando, but your story matches that in the thread, so here is my announcement:

The apparent favouritism is detrimental to the RPG, but I want to hear Solomon's (and perhaps Fyarr's) side first before anyone goes on the list.

If Solomon fails to reply in 48 hours he will automatically get a fortnight on the list for first offence
(I'm giving an extra 24 hours on top of the norm because I understand he operates out of a library)

And as for the RPG itself, I think I'm the only active-ish player without a stake in the outcome, so keeping in mind all that I've read, I think it's fair for the CIS to keep the upper hand due to superior numbers BUT take heavy losses in their next posts.

I admit I have no authority, but I recommend this as a way to get past a rough patch and back to smooth RP'ing

Doctor FoO
Archbishop Green
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 05:29 PM EDT (US)     500 / 2495       
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand your fancy colour-coding well at all, but:

I hereby express my support for the following:

Star Wars Birth of a Republic II: Reformation.

and

Taris - A State of Oppression.

"You might very well think that, Mattie. I couldn't possibly comment." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

"After the silly season comes the conference season. Opposition did rather well this year. Abandoned their usual tactic of squabbling in public and shooting themselves in the foot; had a go at us instead. Especially the Prime Minister, I'm sorry to say. Most unsporting." - Francis Urquhart, House of Cards

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 09-04-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     501 / 2495       
Cheers I'll sort that out, and I'll explian the coding better if you want me to, but another time, I need to go now.

And on your behalf Green 'w00t! Post 500!

Doctor FoO
Archbishop Green
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 06:28 PM EDT (US)     502 / 2495       
Ah yes. A belated "Woot" as you so eloquently put it, followed by a statement to the effect of "I procured the five-hundredth post of this excellent thread." My apologies for this oversight on my part.

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 06:53 PM EDT (US)     503 / 2495       
And you show interest in Frozen Past too, right?

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 09-04-06 06:55 PM EDT (US)     504 / 2495       
I have interest for Frozen Past... NOW!

Interested in Lazer X7's Frozen Past

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.

[This message has been edited by Sir Billy (edited 09-04-2006 @ 06:55 PM).]

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 07:04 PM EDT (US)     505 / 2495       
W00t! That's 5! Expect sign ups within a day or two (resricted computer hours/ school )

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 07:28 PM EDT (US)     506 / 2495       
FoO, check my earlier posts for reasons on putting Solomon on the List.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     507 / 2495       
I am beginning to have inklings of an idea for an RPG. I`m thinking something that has to do with the organized crime factor in star wars... any thoughts? (For the record I have always wanted to finish some kind of RPG, but never had the time in real life. With things like MMORPGs I never found them that fun, and finally I may have found my niche. Online text RPGs. Finally one that doesn`t take too long, but isn`t atrociously obnoxious).

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 11:12 PM EDT (US)     508 / 2495       
I call the leader of the good Force-users in Lazer's RPG.

Lazer X7
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 11:17 PM EDT (US)     509 / 2495       
'K. Thread will be done momentarly.

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-06 11:25 PM EDT (US)     510 / 2495       

Quote:

he apparent favouritism is detrimental to the RPG, but I want to hear Solomon's (and perhaps Fyarr's) side first before anyone goes on the list.

Quote:

He has admitted he does not have much time for RP'ing, and he claims that we are ganging up on his Republic characters because we have more time to post. I think it is hypocritical for one to complain that this is unfair when mods for RPG's should generally have enough time to manage it.

Pretty much. My job lasts from 9am to 5pm, and I usually spend three hours a day working on the RPG. Most of this however is tied up with the numbers and updating the floating stats (every 100 posts or so) that we use instead of the thread\topic post, which we do not have access to.

This is a fleet\faction RPG, not a character-based one, so there is a lot of little things to manage, including production & research dates, fleet and army stats and unit pools. To organize this without access to the topic page is time-consuming at best, and absolutely debilitating after major events as I recalculate stats, such as our recent Battle of Coruscant.

Secondly, I'm trying to run the overall aspects of the game. The Clone Wars DOES have a general storyline that I wish to see accomplished. I imagine therein lies Bando's specific complaint of godmodding. Yes, as GM, sometimes it does require me to show "favoritism". I particularly enjoy this particular complaint, as none of the CIS players complained when I was pushing the fall of Duros for the CIS, showing favoritism for the CIS. While the Republic players were unhappy, I think they understood I was doing this for over-arching gameplay reasons.

Quote:

Also, he has threatened to mod-reverse our posts because of this.

There are two main points to this:

I put the series of double posts that occurred over last night into a temporary freeze because of the CIS writing frenzy. For people to write up an entire side of a battle without input from the RPer opposition is IMO recognized by all as improper RPing. This is something we've all been subjected to, and it's a pet peeve of mine. I put the stasis on the posts until this morning to allow the Republic RPers to post in, and I stand by this, but overturning the intent of the posts were never my intention.

But, actually as I write this, these posts and all subsequent posts are now active.

Quote:

Well, after loosing Grievous in CW, he started favoring the Republic.

As for me favouring the Republic, like I said earlier, IMO as the GM of the thread, it's time for the Republic to start making advances to push the war in the next phase of the war, the Outer Rim Seiges. As for me "losing Grevious", Bando asked if he could take Grevious out and assume command of the CIS military. I agreed and Grevious was out. I am not bitter by any means about it, and I think it improved the flavour of the game.

Quote:

like taking over a Mandator, can't be done, and the Republic must win.

As for the Mandator situation, it is getting very apparent to me that the CIS was ignoring the realistically heavy defences of the Kuat Shipyards and the Republic fleets to accomplish their goals. Fyyar and I both pointed this out.

For example, one such post was to dismantle the shield generators of a pair of CIS ships in a CIS fleet surrounded by Republic fleets, transport both sets of shield generators to the captured Mandator that was without shields in the middle of an enemy shipyard, and then reconstruct the generators on that ship to give that ship shield protection.

Another CIS post was that one CIS fleet boarded every defence platform and orbital shipyard complex in the system and took it over, again in my mind ignoring the defensive capabilities of these stations and indeed, the Kuat defence fleet and every Republic unit in the system. The stations and platforms were then turned on the defence fleets, which apparently did nothing to stop the original attempt.

In my mind, such posts, and others that ignore everything else to accomplish one's goals no matter how impossible breaks rule number three in the Clone Wars, Be realistic.

There is precedent for this to some extent in the Star Wars: Xwing series, where Warlord Zsinj seized a recently completed Super Star Destroyer, Razor's Kiss. But in the Xwing novels, the seizure was an inside job, and Zsinj's fleet was to provide a distraction and escort it out. For the CIS to actually use the Mandator in battle to assist the CIS with a crew of 500 commandoes seemed in my mind, a little too much.

With that said, despite my frustrations I did not overturn either of these posts, but rather I delayed them to allow Republic players time to respond, which does include me, but not only me. To the boarding and seizing of the Kuat stations, I offered criticism and offered some editing as the Kuat shipyards, according to Wookiepedia, surround the planet like a ring, and that taking every station in the shipyard would mean stretching the RPer's forces around the entire planet.

But regardless, it's still a good game, and despite all of our infighting, I think everyone's idea of the battle will play out.

[This message has been edited by Solomon (edited 09-04-2006 @ 11:26 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames