Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2495 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The RPG Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:The RPG Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 41 42 43 44 45 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 06-18-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
The RPG Calendar

Announcements

The RPG Calendar is closing down. Thanks for the good times guys.

DarkBeing and Melkor have completed their Fanfic based on the legendary Advent of Darkness RPG: The Advent of Darkness FanFiction

DarkBeing's Legacy: The History of the SWU RPG

FoO presents the Calendar's first offical, and rather silly, awards ceremony. It is now over, but I'll leave this here so you can chack out the winners if you missed it. Go on, have a look'see...

WARNING: Exam Season, RPGs may move slowly.

What is the Calendar? How does it work?

The Calendar is basically a floodgate. It is here to stop tirades of RPG's flooding the forum, then dieing, then there being a period where no RPG's exist.

To this end the calendar exists. When you come up with an RPG idea you submit it, then when enough have said that they're interested you go on the waiting list until there is a slot and then the RPG can begin!

How do I submit my RPG?

To submit an RPG to the community fill in this simple form

RPG Name: (The title of your RPG)
Moderator: (Your forum name)
Plot: (The plot for your RPG, this could be your title crawl)
Character/Faction Based: (Just put down character, faction or either if you haven't decided)
Number of people interested: (I'll fill this in as we go along. This field will be deleted when your RPG has reached 5 people)

Are there any rules?

Yes, these rules are not subject to change, but most are common sense anyway

-Follow the CoC, no spam, flaming, baiting etc.

-Constructive criticism only, don't just say 'I hate your idea', say how to improve it

-Don't just ignore the calendar, it's here for a reason

-Keep it friendly, and say if you're interested

-If you have a problem contact me, my email is friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk

-To make things easier to run here I have introduced a colour coding system for important posts
Type RPG Idea... in Bold Red if you are submitting an idea
Type Interested in... in Bold Lime if you are interested in an idea
Type Update for... in Bold Orange if you want me to update something on the main post
Type Probation for... in Bold Yellow if you want me to put someone on the probation list (I will ask for reasons)

How many...

Yes there are limits to things:

-There will only be 5 RPG's at a time

-You need 5 people to be interested in your RPG for it to go forward

-You can have up to 3 RPG ideas at a time

-You can moderate 1 RPG at a time

Current RPGs

RPG Waiting List

RPG Name: A New Empire Part 2
Moderator: Gorog
Plot:
Two years have passed since the Battle of Endor. Imperial commanders and Moffs break away from High Command on Coruscant, while the remaining loyalists struggle to keep the forces of the Alliance of Free Planets at bay. However, while having a wide base of support, the former Rebellion lacks the military resources to take Coruscant.

In a surprise move, Alliance and Imperial leaders meet on the planet ITHOR. Drawing up a peace treaty, the delegates decide on a new government, transforming the Empire into a constitutional monarchy with the reinstatement of the IMPERIAL SENATE, led by a President appointed by the figurehead Emperor who has been elected by the Grand Moffs. MON MOTHMA is soon appointed to the post of President of the Imperial Senate.

However, some former Rebels refuse to recognize the Treaty of Ithor, and accuse Mon Mothma of having sold out the ideals of the Rebellion to assume control of the galaxy. These Rebels maintain arms in order to establish a true Republic. Similarly, some Imperial worlds denounce what they call a false Empire, and instead aid the Imperial warlords. As the new Empire and its Senate try to establish authority, the Galactic Civil War enters a new phase, manipulated by shadowy individuals with their own agenda...
Character/Faction Based: Character

RPG Name: Age of the Warlords
Moderator: FoO
Plot:
[c]After the disasterous failure of Palpatine's attempted formation of a unified Galactic Empire the Republic collapsed and the galaxy fell into ten years of darkness. Now three factions, the Thyferran Alliance, the Grand Directorate and the Azure Imperium have arisen and vy for control of the core worlds, using battered fleets with ancient clone wars ships and cheap cruisers, a shadow of the galaxy's former glory.

Over all of this the Church of Truth holds sway, binding the planets of the galaxy under its vicious doctorine. However one team of Directorate scientists on Kuat dare to defy them. In an attempt to create the ultimate weapon they unleash the ultimate sin, they unleash the Force.

Character/Faction Based: Character, with mnior fleet details

RPGs to be Approved

Moderators

I've decided to add this section so that people can see at a glance if their favourite moderators or friends are planning an RPG at a glance, or if they're on the probation list. Thus I'm assigning everyone a colour, if you'd prefer a different colour don't hesitate to ask.

-Friend of Old (FoO)

-Melkor1

-Cheapy the Hutt

-Flying Ace/Vader

-Bando_Gora/Gorog

Probation List

This is where a list of people and their crimes are put. If you are on this list it means something you have done has been deemed counter-productive to an RPG or the RPG community. Being on this list does not stop you creating RPG's through the calendar or playing in them. It is here to warn people of what you have done, so that if they don't want to run the risk of you messing something up half-way through.

Crimes include things like godmodding, flaming, spamming, quitting for no valid reason, etc. Basically anything that harms an RPG.

Darth Kiev: For abandoning ANE without reason, causing death of the RPG.

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 09-05-2009 @ 05:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-01-07 00:47 AM EDT (US)     1261 / 2495       
Meh, she's better in DF2: JK1. :P

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-01-07 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1262 / 2495       
Aw, **** I did it again. I wrote DF1 when I meant DF2 or JK1 or both. I have a bad tendency to do that... although DF1 was fun, too

(Note, almost wrote "JK1 was fun, too"; yes I need to work on this issue XD)

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-01-07 11:55 PM EDT (US)     1263 / 2495       
Well it's RPing month again... let's run down the list of possible things to do -

1) Clone Wars: Vader won't lemme play ever again, apparently, and with the evident lack of him changing his mind, can't RP here.
2) Empire: Seems to have disappeared.
3) RoD: Was never really interested.
4) Upcoming NJO RP: Possibly my solution

Other than that we just have the usual contests and rip-offs of contests and the other SWU banter...

Kind of a boring place, you guys should spice it up a little :/

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 07-05-07 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1264 / 2495       
Come on, just one more person interested needed to start NJO! Anyone?

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 07-06-07 08:28 PM EDT (US)     1265 / 2495       
In the hopes of attracting more attention, I'm going to start the sign-ups.

ETA: Anyone interested in making a banner for NJO?

< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!

[This message has been edited by Bando_Gora1138 (edited 07-06-2007 @ 09:01 PM).]

Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-06-07 10:36 PM EDT (US)     1266 / 2495       
Armed with MS Paint I ACCEPT this challenge!

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-07 00:29 AM EDT (US)     1267 / 2495       
[PNG, (1.42 MB)]

Not sure if this is too big, it probably is

Edit: Yep, too big. Well, the original pic was very nice, and while the letters RPG were off-center by quite a bit, I feel I did at least a decent job making them (and I had a bit of a fudge-up between the P and the G that I couldn't undo because MS paint SUCKS ASS. *shrug* What're ya gonna do...)

If anyone has something a bit more *cough* professional, perhaps they could reduce the size by a lot and re-center the letters.

Second Edit: This one is a bit cruddier in quality, but it oughtta display under heavengames' image size constraints, and it isn't terrible.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 07-07-2007 @ 01:35 AM).]

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 07-07-07 01:08 PM EDT (US)     1268 / 2495       
Thank you, Reaper! That first one looks really good! I think it'll work, I just put it with the main post in the sign-ups thread.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-12-07 08:33 PM EDT (US)     1269 / 2495       
MS Paint... somehow wins? *shocked*
Also we need a fifth person to start

||/
|||
\\|
`\\

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 07-12-2007 @ 08:36 PM).]

Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 07-12-07 08:54 PM EDT (US)     1270 / 2495       
I know.... And Kiev seems to have disappeared. Along with the majority of our RPers.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-14-07 01:17 PM EDT (US)     1271 / 2495       
Looks to be no dice on the RPG front, huh?

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 07-14-07 01:21 PM EDT (US)     1272 / 2495       
Well, I'm here. I'm currently at camp though, so I only have limited computer access.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Mandalorian112
Clone Trooper
posted 07-16-07 08:32 AM EDT (US)     1273 / 2495       
I am intersted in playing Yuuzhan Vong War RPG. Add me to the RPG!

Mandalorian112
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-16-07 01:44 PM EDT (US)     1274 / 2495       
Woo, NJO RPG can begin!

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 07-16-07 03:07 PM EDT (US)     1275 / 2495       
Go ahead
Hope it's successful

Doctor FoO
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-17-07 01:06 PM EDT (US)     1276 / 2495       
Oh, right, I'll be gone for around one week starting this saturday. Just thought I'd let everybody know since I'll disappear for a bit.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 07-18-07 02:11 AM EDT (US)     1277 / 2495       
I'm planning an RPG in the style of Return of the Forge. More details to come later.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 07-21-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1278 / 2495       
IDEA: Star Wars: The Great Rebellion

Star Wars: The Great Rebellion

It has been 2 months since Emeperor Palpatine gave the infamous Order 66. Almost all Jedi where killed. However, due to the heroic actions of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda, Padme Amidala, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, and several other notable figures, the attempt failed to remove all Jedi.

The remaining Confederate forces have been routed, but a few have joined the recently formed Alliance to Restore the Republic. With the destruction of the Mustafar foundry, these forces can no longer be deactivated, and have returned to there various owners.

The New Empire battles to maintain order. The introduction of the Imperial class Star Destroyer and a massive recruitment campaign have solved most problems. However, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, or Rebel Alliance attempts to thwart them at every turn.

The Alliances has made its first stand against the Empire, at a planet known as Mon Calamari. There small space fleet is augmented by Confederate and local forces still dedicated to opposing the Empire. However, they do not know that the infamous General Grievous leads the Imperial fleet.

Now former Jedi Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi attempt to lead this fleet to victory, and secure the planet of Mon Calamari. Padme Amidala heads to the Outer Rim with Mace Windu in order to secure more support for the Alliance there. And Mon Mothma and Bail Organa battle tyranny in the Senate.

And the Palpatine watches all, with a new apprentice, Darth Vader...

Welcome to this attempt at re-writeing Star Wars history. In this version, Anakin never turned dark, Grievous didn't die, and Order 66 didn't go off quite as well as in Episode III. However, the Empire was still formed, and still with roughly the same power as before.

Mace Windu did go to Palpatines office to arrest him, but with Anakin. Scene is basically the same as in Episode III, except it ends when Clones charge in and star shooting. Anakin and Mace jump out of the office and escape.

The number of Jedi should still be small, and no other Council Members survived.

Whoever takes Grievous may choose how he survives.

Whoever takes Vader, note he( or she) is still in the Suit. However, everything else is upto that person.

Everyone gets 1 canon character, and Vader counts as canon here. 5 characters maximum per player(includes the 1 canon).

I claim Mace Windu. So... owned.

Anyway, that is the idea in a nutshell.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 07-31-2007 @ 02:24 PM).]

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-07 11:46 AM EDT (US)     1279 / 2495       
Sounds interesting. I'll think about it.

Maegereg
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-07 02:19 PM EDT (US)     1280 / 2495       
Great Rebellion. Obi-Wan, plz? kthx

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 07-22-07 03:06 PM EDT (US)     1281 / 2495       
Interested: In The Great Rebellion.

Dang you Melkor you stole Obi-Wan

I'll come up with a character to take later.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-07 05:57 PM EDT (US)     1282 / 2495       
Interested in The Great Rebellion.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-07 11:24 PM EDT (US)     1283 / 2495       
Just one more person needed.

Dedicated RPer
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 07-23-07 10:49 AM EDT (US)     1284 / 2495       
Grievous FTW.

Pacifica2
Clone Trooper
posted 07-23-07 05:59 PM EDT (US)     1285 / 2495       
Yay 5. Sign ups shortly.

Dedicated RPer
Gorog
Clone Trooper
posted 07-23-07 08:05 PM EDT (US)     1286 / 2495       
I would like to ask that the RP'ers who signed up for it not ignore NJO. While right now I'm on vacation and not able to squeeze in an RP'ing post, that's no reason to ignore it. I apologize for leaving on such short notice.

< o >
FREE TIBET!
Reaper_93
Clone Trooper
posted 07-28-07 11:48 PM EDT (US)     1287 / 2495       
Well I'm back and... about 0 RP posts since I left. Great, everybody's inactive

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 07-29-07 02:58 PM EDT (US)     1288 / 2495       
Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been inactive recently but school's been a bitch, but I'm free at last. And everything seems to have died whilst I was away.

Pacifica put that thing in the form and I'll put it up on the main post. I'd do it myself but I'm sick of ruddy paperwork. I might join but I'm working on an RPG idea myself right now.

Speaking of which would you guys prefer an RPG set in the Pre-Republic, Republic, Imperial or Post-Imperial era, because I could adapt the idea to all of them. Just wondering.

Doctor FoO
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 07-30-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     1289 / 2495       
Imperial or post Imperial.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
Melkor1
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-07 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1290 / 2495       
My only vote would be not Republic era, or at the very least very pre-Clone Wars.

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 41 42 43 44 45 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames