You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.205 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILER-FREE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILER-FREE)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 7  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-17 12:24 PM EDT (US)         
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII PRODUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI OFFICIAL TRAILER

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "AWAKE"

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "HEROES"

STAR WARS:
THE LAST JEDI "TEMPT"

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "BACK"

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi) is an upcoming American epic space opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It will be the second installment in the Star Wars sequel trilogy following Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). The film is produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Bad Robot Productions and will be distributed worldwide by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, and stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis in returning roles. New cast members include Benicio del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran in unconfirmed roles. It was Fisher's final film role before her death in December 2016. Johnson has stated that the story resumes immediately after the events of The Force Awakens.

Having taken her first steps into the Jedi world, Rey joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks the mysteries of the Force and the secrets of her past.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 12-03-2017 @ 07:17 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-19-17 08:41 AM EDT (US)     91 / 205       
Ehh... I guess there's a logic to some kind of AT-AT successor, but just making it twice the size? I mean, even the Normandy 2 had some changes.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-19-17 10:23 AM EDT (US)     92 / 205       
Like OSHA-compliant lighting!

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 10:27 AM EDT (US)     93 / 205       
It's funny. It was supposed to make the ship "sterile" and medical... who would've thought gamers liked seeing what in the name of Harbinger is happening.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 10:55 AM EDT (US)     94 / 205       
Yeah, I got the impression that that was what they were aiming for...but instead it just seems like the Alliance is run by a bunch of cheapskate bureaucrats who don't care about the crew's sustaining minor injuries and ending up near-sighted from improper lighting.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-19-17 01:32 PM EDT (US)     95 / 205       
Mikhailovich clearly thought THAT belonged on a frontline warship. The smoking hot blue lady, now THAT was a problem

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 03:38 PM EDT (US)     96 / 205       
Why don't you get the option to punch him instead of Khalisa bint Sinan al-Jalani? On the note of biased reporters, at least Ms. al-Jalani was subtle; the asari reporter in ME:A basically straight up tells you you're not giving her the answers she wants. Or at least she did in the only interview I gave her so far...

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 04-19-2017 @ 03:39 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 03:43 PM EDT (US)     97 / 205       
I'm sorry, who is she reporting for?

Man... if TLJ is just an ESB clone or otherwise not good... Mass Effect is damaged, Trek is basically dead (and not FA's thing)...

What will we obsess over?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 04:48 PM EDT (US)     98 / 205       
I'm still obsessing over Trek...though season 7 of TNG is kind of hard to obsess over. (I have to say, though, season 6 managed to get surprisingly dark for TNG: "Tapestry," "Chain of Command," "Frame of Mind" [such a good episode that I hadn't actually seen before], even "Schisms," even if it didn't succeed at what it was trying to do...)

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 05:42 PM EDT (US)     99 / 205       
If we're going to try and find something like that, we might want to take this to MEC. This'll take a while and possibly involve many rants

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 05:51 PM EDT (US)     100 / 205       
Hey, HEY! Look, I know I ain't one to talk, but please keep on topic in this thread. This discussion is about Star Wars The Last Jedi, not Star Trek The Next Generation. If you guys are gonna talk about Star Trek trivia, either go to OD or talk it over in MEC.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-19-2017 @ 05:53 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 05:53 PM EDT (US)     101 / 205       
...You haven't been here very long, have you?

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 05:55 PM EDT (US)     102 / 205       
I think you already know... But I just want to be organized, alright.

I don't start spouting About StarCraft Trivia in SWU Forums at least.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 05:58 PM EDT (US)     103 / 205       
There was a single post about Star Trek, which is staying remarkably on topic for these boards, especially about Star Wars--a topic which most of us here have become pretty jaded about these days.

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 04-19-2017 @ 05:58 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 07:09 PM EDT (US)     104 / 205       
Sarah Kerrigan would beat Luke Skywalker senseless.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 07:18 PM EDT (US)     105 / 205       
Sarah Kerrigan is OP. Zergified or not.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 07:24 PM EDT (US)     106 / 205       
Well, sure. That's why I picked her to fight Mister "Oh, I just dragged around BLACK HOLES by thinking about it."

Also, Tricia Helfer is a badass. In fairness, so is Glynnis Campbell, but she isn't literally all of the hot robot girls. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 04-19-2017 @ 07:25 PM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 07:25 PM EDT (US)     107 / 205       
Moff! Ace! Seriously, stay on topic guys!

... That goes for you too, Zaarin.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-19-2017 @ 07:26 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 07:29 PM EDT (US)     108 / 205       
Tricia Helfer is a badass. In fairness, so is Glynnis Campbell, but she isn't literally all of the hot robot girls.
I only acknowledge EDI

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 07:31 PM EDT (US)     109 / 205       
You know, kanmusu and gentlecolts, I've been wondering what happened to Shifter lately... perhaps we're about to find out.

Although, totally excited for the full release of SC. Does anyone know if it includes Brood War?

OH! Right, glorious video I saw earlier...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peluSSZcAb4

There. Took me forever to hunt it down. Don't wanna go too far off-topic.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 07:47 PM EDT (US)     110 / 205       
I only acknowledge EDI
*beat* That was a joke.
I've been wondering what happened to Shifter lately... perhaps we're about to find out.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had that thought...

On-topic: I think Kreia is Snoke. >_> Except I'd prefer the films not taint her.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 07:50 PM EDT (US)     111 / 205       
Don't be ridiculous. Snoak clearly wants to make out with the Force. Nothing like Kreia.

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 04-19-2017 @ 07:51 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 08:04 PM EDT (US)     112 / 205       
Good point. Actually, I still maintain that Snoke is Gollum; I'm just waiting for him to call the Force his Precioussss. Am I the only one who thinks "Snoke" sounds like a sidekick from a hardboiled/film noir story?

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 04-19-2017 @ 08:05 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 08:17 PM EDT (US)     113 / 205       
Actually to me his name sounds like people thought merging the words Smoke and Snake would be a good idea for a villain name

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 08:28 PM EDT (US)     114 / 205       
Which still sounds pretty hardboiled/film noir.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-19-17 08:40 PM EDT (US)     115 / 205       
Moff! Ace! Seriously, stay on topic guys!

... That goes for you too, Zaarin.
You are the absolute last person on this forum that has any right whatsoever to tell people how to behave.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-19-2017 @ 08:41 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 09:22 PM EDT (US)     116 / 205       
Dallows is best anime schoolgirl Pony.

...Wait, shit, that's some Equestria Girls nonsense. O_o

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-17 09:27 PM EDT (US)     117 / 205       
One of these days he's gonna slap the shit outta you.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-17 09:32 PM EDT (US)     118 / 205       
Perhaps.

So, anyway... the new Nebulon frigates look like utter ass. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 04-19-2017 @ 09:38 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-20-17 01:14 AM EDT (US)     119 / 205       
They really do...

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-20-17 12:06 PM EDT (US)     120 / 205       
The more I look at them, the more I hate them. They're miniscule, they're stunted, and it's just an illogical design. It's like a mashup of a CR90, the Falcon, and a Nebulon. Maybe they're not true frigates, but like... next-gen heavy B-Wings?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames