You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.205 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILER-FREE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILER-FREE)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-17 12:24 PM EDT (US)         
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII PRODUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI OFFICIAL TRAILER

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "AWAKE"

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "HEROES"

STAR WARS:
THE LAST JEDI "TEMPT"

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "BACK"

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi) is an upcoming American epic space opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It will be the second installment in the Star Wars sequel trilogy following Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). The film is produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Bad Robot Productions and will be distributed worldwide by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, and stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis in returning roles. New cast members include Benicio del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran in unconfirmed roles. It was Fisher's final film role before her death in December 2016. Johnson has stated that the story resumes immediately after the events of The Force Awakens.

Having taken her first steps into the Jedi world, Rey joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks the mysteries of the Force and the secrets of her past.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 12-03-2017 @ 07:17 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 08-14-17 11:10 AM EDT (US)     151 / 205       
Disney seems to like misdirection with their leaks, throwing background nonsense up to sate the fans while keeping the actual main material tightly under wraps. I'm guessing these things appear in a whole two scenes.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-22-17 01:13 PM EDT (US)     152 / 205       

not shur if srs

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 08-22-17 01:18 PM EDT (US)     153 / 205       
That looks very...photoshop. And yay, Anakin's lightsaber!

Also, why is Daisy Ridley placed after Adam Driver? She's the main damn character.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-22-17 02:00 PM EDT (US)     154 / 205       
Darth Gollum wants his Preciousssss! I'm surprised they didn't play up the Carrie Fisher nostalgia.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 08-22-17 03:24 PM EDT (US)     155 / 205       
I'm not seeing anything to suggest that's anything but fan-made.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-22-17 03:36 PM EDT (US)     156 / 205       
Sadly, that's what I've thought about plenty of professional media.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-22-17 06:36 PM EDT (US)     157 / 205       
Lot of photoshopping in that poster there, eh?
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-22-17 07:16 PM EDT (US)     158 / 205       
Yeah, closer inspection confirms it's not legit... but... the sad thing is it could almost be.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-24-17 07:15 AM EDT (US)     159 / 205       
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/08/the-sws-first-official-look-at-the-new-at-m6-walker-and-first-order-dreadnought-from-the-last-jedi.html

The All Terrain Megacaliber Six. Sounds like a goddamn Gundam-esque anime.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-24-17 11:01 AM EDT (US)     160 / 205       
...Why does it look like a sloth?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-24-17 12:50 PM EDT (US)     161 / 205       
Apparently it looks like a gorilla, because it's more stable and aggressive? And the "megacaliber" comes from the spinal gun, which is a "megacaliber six cannon." So, sure.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-24-17 02:53 PM EDT (US)     162 / 205       
...I want my beloved Galactic Empire back.

And that Dreadnought looks like they tried to remake the Eclipse, but took away everything cool about it...and why are they calling something that is only 7 kilometers long Dreadnought? I want my Executor back...

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 08-24-2017 @ 02:53 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-24-17 02:57 PM EDT (US)     163 / 205       
Five kilometers is a dreadnought. I like that they are working off EGTW... it's a Mandator IV.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-24-17 05:53 PM EDT (US)     164 / 205       
I still maintain it looks like a sloth.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-17 11:04 PM EDT (US)     165 / 205       
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-17-17 10:40 AM EDT (US)     166 / 205       
I know what Rey's last name is: Wavecrosser.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 09-17-17 03:51 PM EDT (US)     167 / 205       
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-17-17 05:49 PM EDT (US)     168 / 205       
I would have expected it to be Longshotholder.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-17-17 08:08 PM EDT (US)     169 / 205       
Really, Moff? REALLY!?
YA RLY

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-03-17 07:59 PM EDT (US)     170 / 205       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RZ-2_A-wing

EVERYTHING'S DIFFERENT BUT THE SAAAAAAAAAAAME

But hey, at least it got an engine upgrade. Now, instead of the RZ-1's J-77s, the RZ-2 has K-88s! IS BETTER BY EACH DIGIT AND LETTER!

And yep, the B-Wing/Nebulon hybrids confirmed for bombers, not capital ships. Because, I guess showing capital ships would be... not Rebel enough?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B/SF-17_heavy_bomber

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-17 08:06 PM EDT (US)     171 / 205       
I don't have a problem with the upgraded A-Wing (though that engine upgrade name is stupid ), but I have to protest that those B-Wings look more like light corvettes/destroyers than bombers.

I'm also more than a little inclined to be judgmental of the whole "we're still rebels" shtick. Seriously, guys, you don't get to be the underdog anymore after you win. Go watch DS9 "Progress" (which despite being in season 1 is actually a really good episode!): "You're on the other side now. Pretty uncomfortable, isn't it?"

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-05-17 04:34 PM EDT (US)     172 / 205       
I agree. For being called Star Wars, they seem to be showing nothing but skirmishes.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-10-17 03:55 AM EDT (US)     173 / 205       

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Queen Jenny the Mediocre
Clone Trooper
(id: neo222)
posted 10-10-17 09:29 AM EDT (US)     174 / 205       
Well that poses a lot of questions. The obvious conclusion to draw is that Rey turns to the dark side and when she is talking about there "always being something" inside her, she is talking to Kylo in that scene they show at the end. However, that could be a red herring and it would seem unlikely that something that significant would be revealed in a trailer, and editing can easily make it look like she's talking to Kylo when in fact she's talking to Luke... or someone else. So who knows.

I want it now!!!

I could move to a small town, and become a waitress...
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-10-17 10:05 AM EDT (US)     175 / 205       
The obvious conclusion to draw is that Rey turns to the dark side
That'd be interesting, but I'm worried it's too 'unsafe' for Disney. They're not going to want their new strong female role model turning evil.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 10-10-2017 @ 10:07 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-10-17 01:41 PM EDT (US)     176 / 205       
Turns out there's a hidden image encoded into the poster...

MEEEESAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-10-17 01:45 PM EDT (US)     177 / 205       
I agree with Dallows: no way is Disney going to let their strong female lead turn to the dark side.

Overall I found the trailer almost as boring as the melodramatic red poster they released right before the trailer, and the sloth walkers still look stupid. I'm still curious to see how it turns out, but as much as I'd like to see a darker side of Star Wars this trailer just felt "darker and edgier for the 90s."

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-10-17 03:07 PM EDT (US)     178 / 205       
I wonder how much more of the OT they plan to bury.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-11-17 01:19 AM EDT (US)     179 / 205       
Seriously, thank you Dallows. I have been putting my ear on the ground for this trailer for months now and have not been able to hear squat about it, then all of a sudden, I hear the superbowl halftime (I think?) got a hold of it and showed it to everyone.

Can't believe how late I am, though.

... But the trailer is up, so there we go!
Queen Jenny the Mediocre
Clone Trooper
(id: neo222)
posted 10-11-17 04:21 AM EDT (US)     180 / 205       
It was shown at half-time between the Vikings and the Bears. A game the Vikings won, so it was a good match all around!

And you never know, Rogue One had every main character die which isn't particularly Disney-ish, so who knows maybe Rey could turn to the dark side. If she does, expect her to be redeemed in the next film.

I could move to a small town, and become a waitress...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames