You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.205 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILER-FREE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILER-FREE)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-17 12:24 PM EDT (US)         
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII PRODUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI OFFICIAL TRAILER

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "AWAKE"

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "HEROES"

STAR WARS:
THE LAST JEDI "TEMPT"

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI "BACK"

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi) is an upcoming American epic space opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It will be the second installment in the Star Wars sequel trilogy following Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). The film is produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Bad Robot Productions and will be distributed worldwide by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, and stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis in returning roles. New cast members include Benicio del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran in unconfirmed roles. It was Fisher's final film role before her death in December 2016. Johnson has stated that the story resumes immediately after the events of The Force Awakens.

Having taken her first steps into the Jedi world, Rey joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks the mysteries of the Force and the secrets of her past.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 12-03-2017 @ 07:17 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-20-17 02:35 PM EDT (US)     121 / 205       
Don't kid yourself. They're Nebulons.

Get the feeling that potential fleet battle is going to be very lackluster.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-22-17 06:55 PM EDT (US)     122 / 205       
In fairness, while the Nebulon is a cool-looking and different design... it also makes very little sense.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-17 07:22 PM EDT (US)     123 / 205       
It was fine as the Rebellion's medical frigate

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-17 10:21 PM EDT (US)     124 / 205       
I've been looking around and found this:

Rian Johnson Says Star Wars 8 Isn’t A Repeat of Empire Strikes Back

If that's true, that's a good sign, right?

Then again, skepticism, so I understand... I think.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-22-17 11:12 PM EDT (US)     125 / 205       
Because the biggest complaint about TFA is it is a beat-for-beat remake of ANH. So, of course they're going to say that. Of course, if it's not a remake because, "No, now the AT-ATs are on a HOT DESERT PLANET instead of a COLD ARCTIC PLANET so it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT!" then... we're gonna have a problem.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-17 02:37 AM EDT (US)     126 / 205       
Not like Disney could do any better in cleaning up the shit-fest George already left behind when he sold Star Wars! George Lucas is now known as nothing more than a hypocritical, two-faced, lying, inconsiderate, blame-shifting, greedy SON OF A BITCH! He should have done a better job in leaving behind a legacy, but instead left behind a f***ing joke...

oh and He Made Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skulls... I've heard that there are so many things wrong with this movie that I think someone here could write an entire thread on it.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-25-2017 @ 03:21 AM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-17 03:20 AM EDT (US)     127 / 205       
And Disney is no goddamn saint either! They've already been in more controversies than I even care to count for reasons I don't even care about. EA is now making Star Wars Games, which is already a bad sign for god's sake! Marvel will now make comics for the universe as well. Do any of you see a pattern here in this mess? At this point, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! At this point, I've lost all hope for this menagerie we call a franchise.
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-25-17 01:14 PM EDT (US)     128 / 205       
Is there a single opinion in that spiel that is actually yours, or have you just latched onto someone else's thoughts to try and win some brownie points again?
They've already been in more controversies than I even care to count for reasons I don't even care about.
Probably because you don't actually know of any without scouring google/wikipedia for them.
EA is now making Star Wars Games, which is already a bad sign for god's sake!
They've had the license to do that for four years now.
Marvel will now make comics for the universe as well.
They've been doing that since the 70's...
Do any of you see a pattern here in this mess?
Yes; one that's rapidly becoming as transparent as glass. And if said pattern does not cease, immediately, I will put an end to it.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-25-2017 @ 02:06 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-25-17 03:04 PM EDT (US)     129 / 205       
I didn't notice it, but apparently Luke is wearing a necklace with a red rock on it. Cue rampant fan-fapping to the idea (probably justified) that it's a shard from Darth Vader's lightsaber.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-17 03:36 PM EDT (US)     130 / 205       
You mean the lightsaber that fell down the reactor shaft of the second Death Star?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-25-17 03:42 PM EDT (US)     131 / 205       
What about the one that fell into the core* of a gas giant that Rey's been swinging around?

*NB: that lightsaber would have been pulvarized by the heat, radiation, and pressure long before it reached the core...

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-25-17 04:11 PM EDT (US)     132 / 205       
The Aftermath books did put forward the idea that Vader's saber survived. Or that it was at least plausible to some people.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-17 04:15 PM EDT (US)     133 / 205       
@ Zaarin: Here's the thing though. Did that chamber empty out into the planet itself? Because after falling a bit, Luke got pulled into a shaft and then fell out at the bottom of the disk.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-17 04:28 PM EDT (US)     134 / 205       
I suppose that's not entirely clear.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-25-17 04:29 PM EDT (US)     135 / 205       
A wizard did it.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-25-17 10:13 PM EDT (US)     136 / 205       
Wha? I didn't even get on wikipedia for that post! I was angrily ranting last night because of some bullshit! Dallows, Get off my back and get me a pizza!

... I am hungry.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-25-2017 @ 10:14 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-26-17 08:11 AM EDT (US)     137 / 205       
I sent it to your email.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-26-17 10:51 AM EDT (US)     138 / 205       
I mean, here's the thing... Star Wars isn't science fiction. Much as you guys point out the issues with calculating the energy output of the superlaser (and the conclusion that the Death Star somehow needs to store its fuel in a form denser than a stellar core [which, in turn, is seven times denser than the most dense metal at room temperature and pressure] to carry fuel for a single shot...) or why thermal exhaust ports should not work that way...

Disney is very clearly going full-throttle on the adventure and "don't think too hard" side.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-17 03:07 PM EDT (US)     139 / 205       
But thinking too hard was part of the fun

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-26-17 03:19 PM EDT (US)     140 / 205       
...Says the one that said I was overdoing it in the RPG...

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-17 04:22 PM EDT (US)     141 / 205       
Because there's thinking too hard, and then there's going too far

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-27-17 03:25 PM EDT (US)     142 / 205       
I want this dub option for Episode VIII.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-03-17 07:26 AM EDT (US)     143 / 205       
Unarchived by request.

Don't mod when you're really tired, I guess.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-03-17 07:32 PM EDT (US)     144 / 205       
... Fair enough. While I don't have much of an update for the thread, I heard that Carrie Fisher's character is going to have an epic send-off for the film and I am not sure how, but it sounds interesting. I also have this behind the scenes video clip I found here that I wanna show: Warning though... Spoilers.

My opinion is that it sounds promising. Everyone else here is probably gonna chastise the hell out of it, if I know better, probably me as well. I have been searching quite a bit and for some reason, unlike others, searching for news or info to share of this episode is hard as hell. Some of the info I got was only from leaks and theforce.net but sadly that really is it. Can't see much else, unless I am "googling" it wrong.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 08-03-2017 @ 07:34 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-05-17 03:26 PM EDT (US)     145 / 205       
I still wonder what they'll do with Episode IX without Carrie Fisher, especially since, as I understand it, IX was supposed to be "her" film (after VII was Harrison Ford's and VIII's is supposed to be Mark Hamill's). Will they go the route of just saying she died offscreen, or somehow write her out of it, or...?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-06-17 01:52 AM EDT (US)     146 / 205       
as I understand it, IX was supposed to be "her" film (after VII was Harrison Ford's and VIII's is supposed to be Mark Hamill's).
Well at least we won't have to watch Disney further bury another of our beloved characters by having her be Ben the Bitch fodder.

Still miss her though...

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-17 11:25 AM EDT (US)     147 / 205       
ITT: And now introducing the newest race in the galaxy called the Porg by Disney Studios...

I thought I would share this as an update and I gotta say, at first, I admit it, I thought it was a freaking guinea pig! It's a... I don't know what it is.

Anyway, discuss.

LINK: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Porg
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-17 12:05 PM EDT (US)     148 / 205       
...No comment.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-17 02:22 PM EDT (US)     149 / 205       
...I don't think there is a middle-finger big enough.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-12-17 10:00 PM EDT (US)     150 / 205       
...I don't think there is a middle-finger big enough.
Pardon me, but you're gonna have to explain what you mean by that. The Star Wars Franchise or what you're expressing?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames