You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.82 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: Rogue One Discussion Thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: Rogue One Discussion Thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 12-15-16 10:03 AM EDT (US)         
With Rogue One's release upon us, I've created a new thread for discussion of the film, its plot, and surrounding materials. The previous thread opened by Keno is to remain spoiler-free. Violation of this will result in punishment as deemed appropriate by the moderation staff.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 12-15-2016 @ 10:05 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 01-09-17 09:49 AM EDT (US)     61 / 82       
I've killed chickens. Do we have those in Star Wars?

I've killed fish too, but I guess they're more like Selkath .

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-09-17 10:56 AM EDT (US)     62 / 82       
I've never killed anything that wasn't an insect or arachnid, and probably never will.
I've killed fish too, but I guess they're more like Selkath
No one mourns the Selkath.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 01-09-17 12:54 PM EDT (US)     63 / 82       
The TOR Sith Empire actually bombarded them for their neutrality. I was okay with it
I've killed chickens. Do we have those in Star Wars?
Yes.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 01-09-17 01:02 PM EDT (US)     64 / 82       

How about this one, FA? Don't forget your wudu hide for the RPGs.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 01-09-17 01:08 PM EDT (US)     65 / 82       
Saw that a while ago. The attempt was humorous, but still boring as hell

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-16-17 07:57 AM EDT (US)     66 / 82       

I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was gold right there.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-16-17 08:02 AM EDT (US)     67 / 82       
Wrong thread... but I'll let is pass.

Anyone know when Rogue One goes on BluRay? I need to get better pictures of the Imps to read their rank plaques. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-16-17 10:55 AM EDT (US)     68 / 82       
Hopefully not for a while, since I still haven't seen it in theater.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 01-16-17 12:27 PM EDT (US)     69 / 82       
April, I'd assume, same as TFA. Although hopefully without the dozens of different retailer versions and then re-released 6 months later with even more extras.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 01-20-17 06:54 PM EDT (US)     70 / 82       
I just want to play that final scene on repeat when it comes out

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-06-17 05:28 PM EDT (US)     71 / 82       

In addition to fully categorizing the rank plaques, a proper HD remake of this wonderful meme is the primary reason for looking forward to the BluRay release.

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 03-06-2017 @ 05:29 PM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-06-17 05:55 PM EDT (US)     72 / 82       

Since the calming of our local climate, I thought it would be cool to share this video of how the U-wing was designed, among probably a few other ships too.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-06-17 10:13 PM EDT (US)     73 / 82       
So, who has the digital download or the physical media?

...I'll be honest. I don't know if I'll buy this one. The end scene just... isn't worth the remaining time wasted. And while Krennic is certainly delightful, he is... also not enough.

I know, I know, blasphemy.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-06-17 10:30 PM EDT (US)     74 / 82       
Oh you will. No amount of willpower can withstand the great blitzkrieg that is Disney advertising

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 04-06-2017 @ 10:30 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-06-17 10:33 PM EDT (US)     75 / 82       
That's actually what turned me off.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-06-17 10:36 PM EDT (US)     76 / 82       
Defy the mouse-eared Wehrmacht if you wish

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-06-17 10:41 PM EDT (US)     77 / 82       
Actually, I'm not going to lie: Disney sucks at advertising. More on topic, I still haven't even seen it...

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-07-17 07:42 AM EDT (US)     78 / 82       
Watch it twice, but after that... down to individual taste.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-07-17 04:19 PM EDT (US)     79 / 82       
And after you watch it, watch the Vader scene with "Don't Stop Me Now" attached to it. It's glorious

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-07-17 07:05 PM EDT (US)     80 / 82       
Youjo Senki is glorious. That was... very, very mildly amusing.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-17 05:58 AM EDT (US)     81 / 82       
Just said in the VII thread that I picked it up on release day. The third viewing was better than the previous two. Maybe because I've had enough time to gloss over the bad bits and was actually getting quite excited about the best bits again. A character who stood out more (and I loved him in the first couple of views but for some reason he really shone in the third) was K2. He's brilliant.

Seeing it on a smaller screen also alleviated some of the CGI issues. Tarkin didn't look nearly as bad, in fact it took my sister (who hadn't seen it in cinemas) a good while to figure it out.

But overall the Saw Guererra arc didn't feel as long, the Iadu raid felt more significant and the last battle felt like it fitted together better. So I enjoyed it. And I strongly recommend, as Moff said, that everyone see it at least twice to form an opinion.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-30-17 02:10 PM EDT (US)     82 / 82       
https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/star-wars-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-commentary-track

Yaaaaaaaaay.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames