You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.129 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars: Rogue One Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: Rogue One Discussion Thread (SPOILER FREE)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-07-16 03:24 AM EDT (US)         
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, or simply Rogue One, is an upcoming 2016 American epic space opera film directed by Gareth Edwards and written by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy, from an idea by visual effects supervisor John Knoll. It will be the first stand-alone Star Wars Anthology film, and the ninth theatrical feature film in the series. It will also be the first live-action theatrical Star Wars film not scored by long-time series collaborator John Williams, with Alexandre Desplat serving as composer. Set in the Star Wars universe shortly before the events of A New Hope, the story will center on a group of Rebel spies on a mission to steal the plans for the Galactic Empire's new weapon, the Death Star. It will star Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Jiang Wen, and Forest Whitaker.

The film is produced by Lucasfilm and will be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Principal photography began at Elstree Studios, near London during early August 2015. Rogue One will be released on December 16, 2016.

Following the foundation of the Galactic Empire, a wayward band of Rebel fighters come together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor's rule.

ROGUE ONE OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER

ROGUE ONE OFFICIAL TRAILER

ROGUE ONE OFFICIAL TRAILER #2

EDIT 3.2: I just now updated this thread and it now features the new trailers along with the teaser trailers of Rogue One and fixed the titles.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-14-2016 @ 07:26 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 08-23-16 12:06 PM EDT (US)     61 / 129       
Krennic will actually kill Darth Vader, but get horribly injured in the process. This will require him to put on Vader's suit to stay alive, thus preserving continuity.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 08-23-16 12:12 PM EDT (US)     62 / 129       
Also, Krennic is actually a surgically-altered Darth Maul.

Anyway, looks like the excuse for reusing assets from TFA is now they're super-experimental prototype ships used by top-tier special forces. As long as they have a proper rank plaque system, I will forgive this. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 08-23-2016 @ 12:16 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-25-16 08:56 PM EDT (US)     63 / 129       

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss...

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-26-16 06:18 PM EDT (US)     64 / 129       
OH GOD NOOOOOO!!!

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 08-26-2016 @ 06:35 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-26-16 07:22 PM EDT (US)     65 / 129       

This is interesting... bollocks, most likely, but interesting.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 08-28-16 11:31 AM EDT (US)     66 / 129       
It's certainly interesting, I'll grant that, but not something I'd put any money on. A hella lot of Star Wars themes reuse bits of music and stuff.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-28-16 11:43 AM EDT (US)     67 / 129       
REY CONFIRMED FOR SNOKE WHO IS REALLY VADER'S SITH SIDE REINCARNATED

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-28-16 11:51 AM EDT (US)     68 / 129       
I thought Snoke was confirmed to be Gollum after he fell into Mt. Doom.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-30-16 08:47 PM EDT (US)     69 / 129       
So, the "big news" is Palpatine isn't going to be in it (at least, Ian McDiarmid isn't). Ummm... okay?

Oh, I guess there was some teased Palpy in the trailer... so that means it's not Palpy kneeling before the bacta tank. So many now that's some other lightsaber wielding stooge that can be disposed of by the heroes at the end of the film without actually Worfing Vader.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-16 09:46 PM EDT (US)     70 / 129       
While the idea of Palpy being in hadn't really occurred to me before, now that I think about it I'm a little disappointed. Ian McDiarmid's performance was one of the few things I did like about the prequels. Not Worfing Vader would be nice, though (albeit at this point he's still a lackey). (Kudos to DS9 for not Worfing Worf nearly as often as TNG did. In fact, the only instance of Worfing Worf in DS9 that I can think of--in "By Inferno's Light"--was handled very well, actually.)

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-02-16 12:08 PM EDT (US)     71 / 129       

Oh my God. I'm even reading the lines in the Creepio voice now. And it's so perfect.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 09-28-16 03:44 AM EDT (US)     72 / 129       
THIS POST HAS BEEN REMOVED BY THE ORIGINAL USER.

REASONS: THE VIDEO HAS BECOME USELESS IN PURPOSE.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-13-2016 @ 11:25 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-28-16 02:23 PM EDT (US)     73 / 129       
Oh, I thought that was new.

Alino
Clone Trooper
posted 09-28-16 04:33 PM EDT (US)     74 / 129       
After this we need a wookie national geographic. "Here we see the wookie in its natural habitat, strangling a stormtrooper after having lost to the trooper in a game of space chess"
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-30-16 04:57 PM EDT (US)     75 / 129       
...And if they only mate once, how do they maintain their population--given that many will not conceive on the first try, and those that do will only have one child. So...that's a negative growth rate...in a hostile environment where we can expect a high infant mortality rate...in the middle of a war with technologically superior enemies. How do the Tusken Raiders still exist?
Same as the Ocampa?

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-16 11:05 PM EDT (US)     76 / 129       
Here we see the Wookiee in its natural habitat, strangling a stormtrooper after having lost to the trooper in a game of space chess.
Hence the expression "Let the wookiee win." Because some people just know better.

But now that you mention it, I would love to play some Dejarik when if I make it to my party with some friends.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-02-16 10:35 AM EDT (US)     77 / 129       
Same as the Ocampa?
So bad writing and status quo ante hand waviness?

tammygrey01
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-16 10:20 AM EDT (US)     78 / 129       
Link Removed

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 10-03-2016 @ 11:02 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-03-16 03:49 PM EDT (US)     79 / 129       
Silly spambot, you go to Outside Discussions!

lesliestock01
Clone Trooper
posted 10-05-16 08:41 AM EDT (US)     80 / 129       
Haven't seen the movie yet.. Frankly, the Star Wars movies now a days lack "Force".

MOD EDIT: Link removed

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 10-05-2016 @ 08:50 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-05-16 08:51 AM EDT (US)     81 / 129       
And spambots lack sense.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-05-16 10:12 PM EDT (US)     82 / 129       
I'm going to take a guess and say these new guys are either really not real people and are spam-based robots littering this thread or they are real people, they just have a spamming tendency.

Either way, it's getting just a tad bit old now, don't you think?
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-13-16 12:07 PM EDT (US)     83 / 129       

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-13-16 01:34 PM EDT (US)     84 / 129       
Secksay... but I think I hate all of the actors just from hearing them.

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 10-13-2016 @ 01:34 PM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-13-16 11:27 PM EDT (US)     85 / 129       
Dallows, that trailer is great! I didn't even know it was published on YT. Well, looks like I'm getting rid of the video I had ealier then.

Other than that, great find General.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-14-16 11:04 AM EDT (US)     86 / 129       
I think I hate all of the actors just from hearing them.
You made me curious enough to watch it. Confirmed. Also I love how Disney's all like, "We're not racist! We have an Asian in our cast!" Then they have him say "stwong."

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-14-16 11:29 AM EDT (US)     87 / 129       
As I understand, he's a native Chinese speaker... and his English isn't actually very good. In an interview I saw with him, there seemed to be a dependence on other cast members to answer for him. And given that I work closely with three people from Northern China and one from the South... I guess it just slipped past my radar.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-14-16 11:53 AM EDT (US)     88 / 129       
Ah, if it's his actual accent that's different. I assumed he was Chinese-American and they were having him put on a Chinese accent.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-14-16 03:07 PM EDT (US)     89 / 129       
But he still just so happens to be the martial arts expert.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-14-16 04:35 PM EDT (US)     90 / 129       
All Chinese are martial arts experts. Just like all Japanese are robot-obsessed tech expert school girls with blue hair. Obviously.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames