SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Trailer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Trailer
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-16-15 06:13 PM EDT (US)         
Jeez, we're slow on this one. OD had one first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Watch and comment.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-18-15 08:41 PM EDT (US)     31 / 67       
It's... okay. But people going utterly bonkers over it...

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 04-18-15 08:55 PM EDT (US)     32 / 67       
I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm not big on some things, like most of the Empire's new style and soccer droid, but it looks like it will be fun. I did love the reveal of Han and Chewie - it was pretty heartwarming to see them back in action. I do agree that Chewie looks a bit off. I think it's his eyes. They look kind of beady and squinty somehow, also the fur around his eyes look weird. But other than that, I think they're on track for making an entertaining movie. Honestly, that's all I want out of Star Wars at this point.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-18-15 08:56 PM EDT (US)     33 / 67       
I think it's his eyes. They look kind of beady and squinty somehow, also the fur around his eyes look weird.
Yes, exactly. Everyone I've talked has said it's the eyes. Also, the reversion to the ANH look instead of his RotJ look (...was there ever an explanation for that? ).

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-15 08:57 PM EDT (US)     34 / 67       
I rather enjoyed it too. It was a pretty random sequence of events of which I have little understanding, but I think that's the idea - to let us know as little about the plot as possible. One might argue that this is the whole point of the trailer, to at least give us a taste, and I would agree; however I'm sure I prefer this to a trailer that shows us too much and ends up spoiling some moments (see Fast and Furious 7 for a good example of that ).

But despite its lack of detail, I liked most of what I saw, and the music was really good. A nice little nostalgia kick from Han and Chewie at the end (overlooking Han's clothes...)

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-18-15 09:28 PM EDT (US)     35 / 67       
however I'm sure I prefer this to a trailer that shows us too much and ends up spoiling some moments
You mean like that little "A mother never forgets" moment from the HttYD2 trailer? Great movie, guys, but did you really have to spoil that in the trailers?
I'm cautiously optimistic.
That's how I'd describe my reaction as well.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-15 09:48 PM EDT (US)     36 / 67       
Does anyone remember the trailer for Terminator 2 which basically spoiled the massive plot twist of the movie?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-18-15 10:09 PM EDT (US)     37 / 67       
No, because I was 2 at the time.

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 04-18-15 11:11 PM EDT (US)     38 / 67       
The trailer was fantastic.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-18-15 11:33 PM EDT (US)     39 / 67       
You know, this is completely the wrong thread for this, but with all the excitement cautious optimism about new Star Wars material, I've been wanting to revisit the universe. I know it's a pipe dream, but I've even been thinking about RPG ideas. I miss the good old days of them. I know we've got a much smaller group nowadays, but maybe we could put something together? I saw Solomon posting over in OD, so Moff should rope his ass in here. Maybe we could at least discuss the possibilities?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-18-15 11:47 PM EDT (US)     40 / 67       
I was just having a... pointed discussion with Crazed on that subject.

Though pointed due to specific plots, which I will have to rework. And they only have to be reworked because I was a stubborn jackass that didn't listen, shut up, or lay off when I needed to. That said, if anyone is really good with numbers or knows the program Adobe Lightroom... your assistance would be greatly appreciated. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 04-18-2015 @ 11:49 PM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-15 00:05 AM EDT (US)     41 / 67       
Well, I can't really help with all that, but I have been thinking about how we could do an RPG on this site with our smaller group. Essentially, I think our biggest problem in later RPGs was scale. We were so used to huge ones like the Clone Wars that, when we tried it similar ideas, they ended up not working out too well. Then you would have ones like KOTOR II, which, although I loved and would want to revisit, would basically peter out and die right when we hit our stride.

So, I was thinking we could keep the epic feel but reduce in scale by setting it on one planet. It could be in pretty much any era. The planet itself is about to devolve into civil war, so we would start off with politics and sabre rattling, and eventually devolve into treachery, schemes and finally combat. However, there would be forces at work outside the planet. Depending on the era, the Republic/CIS, Empire/Rebellion, New Republic/Remnant or the old Old Republic/Sith would descend upon the planet to meddle in affairs and take sides, leading to perhaps open warfare. Then there would of course be Jedi/Sith involvement too, along with outside players with their own goals. Maybe crime syndicates hoping to prosper off the chaos? If all goes well, perhaps we could expand into the current galactic conflict as well?

Just an idea, of course, but it's appealing to me. I think there would be something for everyone. Plus we could basically create the planet, its people and society - so we would have our own playground with the best stuff from whatever era we pick.

Any thoughts?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-19-15 02:51 AM EDT (US)     42 / 67       
If the RPG involves writing a mini novel for every post, I'm probably not going to be interested.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-15 03:42 AM EDT (US)     43 / 67       
Well, what kind of role would appeal to you? I'd be happy to have you on board, Dallows. Just because we're a bunch of wordy bastards doesn't mean that your contributions, whether they are long are short, wouldn't be welcome.

EDIT: I was also thinking we could give this planet a good sized planetary defense fleet. Nothing too outrageous, but it would give the fleet buffs like Fyyar a chance to shine. Also, it would be interesting to see a fleet split down lines in a civil war. It would make for another interesting way to determine the fate of the planet.

[This message has been edited by Viceroy Billy (edited 04-19-2015 @ 03:58 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-15 08:01 AM EDT (US)     44 / 67       
If the RPG involves writing a mini novel for every post, I'm probably not going to be interested.
Yes, but they're mininovels full of LAZORZ. And red girls... and blue girls... and green girls... and epic battleships!

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 04-19-2015 @ 08:03 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-15 11:33 AM EDT (US)     45 / 67       
I'd be game, as long as there is a character-driven aspect too.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-19-15 11:46 AM EDT (US)     46 / 67       
Characters drive factions which drive characters which drive events which drive factions which drive characters which drive factions.

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-15 01:40 PM EDT (US)     47 / 67       
I might be convince-able to join in an RPG.
So, I was thinking we could keep the epic feel but reduce in scale by setting it on one planet.
I know it seems like that will reduce the scale, but I think you'll find that it won't. There's plenty of detail to be had even on a planet.
...It gets even better. If you take the gravitational field generated by an average human being at six feet away... you're still at 1.2 million solar masses, which is at least in the realm of the supermassive black hole. It's about one quarter of the mass of the SMBH at the center of the Milky Way.
I don't think that in the lucasfilms explanation 12 parsecs is supposed to be Han's closest distance to the black holes. But I agree that either the bluster explanation or the "Han is testing them" explanation is far better.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-15 02:42 PM EDT (US)     48 / 67       
So I'm typing up a massive post about my RPG ideas, but I'll make a new thread for it instead.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-19-15 02:46 PM EDT (US)     49 / 67       
I was lead to believe Moff still had a rehash of VII in the works...I was to be Dahth Vadah. The hell Moff

EDIT: Also we could take the discussion of RPGs to the calendar.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 04-19-2015 @ 02:47 PM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 04-19-15 02:54 PM EDT (US)     50 / 67       
We're not exactly overflowing with new threads, so I figured one more wouldn't hurt. Plus, for some reason I always think (irrationally, mind you) that some people just won't notice new posts in the Calendar thread.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 04-19-15 05:19 PM EDT (US)     51 / 67       
I actually enjoyed the trailer.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-15 04:14 AM EDT (US)     52 / 67       
Two things:

1. The trailer was fantastic, and I haven't been so impatient for Christmas to come around since I was a kid!

2. I appreciate being called a fleet buff Although I've grown into a fleet-and-politicking buff over the years.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
posted 05-04-15 01:38 PM EDT (US)     53 / 67       
SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE INBOUND!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/04/star-wars-gwendoline-christie-revealed-as-captain-phasma

You can follow the links on this page to two other noteworthy articles.

First up, we have what looks like a Stormtrooper going by the incredibly stupid name of Captain Phasma. Really?

One of the links reveals that Lupita Nyong'o is playing original character Maz Kanata, not Ventress, thankfully.

Finally, the last link confirms that Adam Driver is playing Kylo Ren, and boy does he sure look emo with that facial expression. Hopefully he doesn't match the name Kylo Ren on the annoyance scale. Also, he's pictured with two Snowtroopers that have awful looking helmets. The rest of the costumes are pretty cool, but man, those helmets....

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-force-awakens-photos

This article confirms that the Rebel Alliance has been renamed the Resistance for this movie. Really? That's so dumb to me.

[This message has been edited by Viceroy Billy (edited 05-04-2015 @ 02:20 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-04-15 02:55 PM EDT (US)     54 / 67       
the incredibly stupid name of Captain Phasma.
Stupid names and Star Wars are synonymous.
Finally, the last link confirms that Adam Driver is playing Kylo Ren, and boy does he sure look emo with that facial expression.
I doubt the Nagai are canon anymore, but I think that's the only way I could forgive that awful goth/emo look. >_<
Also, he's pictured with two Snowtroopers that have awful looking helmets. The rest of the costumes are pretty cool, but man, those helmets....
Actually, I'm kind of a fan. Much better than the weird weeping stormtroopers.
This article confirms that the Rebel Alliance has been renamed the Resistance for this movie. Really?

On the other hand, I kind of like the fact that in this new universe Endor apparently wasn't the crushing victory it was in the previous universe, and that the Empire rebounded from its defeat. I never was a fan of the New Republic.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-04-15 03:35 PM EDT (US)     55 / 67       
What, you mean the galaxy-spanning Empire with a standing army with ten times as many humans as have existed in the entire history of the planet Earth, and a fleet built around 25,000 battleships and their supporting vessels, wouldn't just cease to exist because some base blew up with a couple big shots aboard?

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 05-04-2015 @ 03:38 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 05-04-15 03:59 PM EDT (US)     56 / 67       

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 05-04-2015 @ 04:00 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-04-15 04:54 PM EDT (US)     57 / 67       
Yes, that. That's exactly what I was thinking of... but I wasn't gonna deal with our antiquated search algorithm to find the last time you posted it.

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 05-04-15 08:32 PM EDT (US)     58 / 67       
Hrm. I agree that the Rebel Alliance -> Resistance change is silly, unless it signifies something about the plot (I suppose it's possible that the alliance collapsed sometime in the past, but that seems unlikely). But we'll see.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 05-05-15 03:06 AM EDT (US)     59 / 67       
What, you mean the galaxy-spanning Empire with a standing army with ten times as many humans as have existed in the entire history of the planet Earth, and a fleet built around 25,000 battleships and their supporting vessels, wouldn't just cease to exist because some base blew up with a couple big shots aboard?
Well, to be fair the power vacuum from Palpy's death would be quite bothersome. But yes, I agree.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-05-15 05:45 AM EDT (US)     60 / 67       
Okay, how about the remanining 30-something ISDs and a few Tectors over Endor?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames