Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.101 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » It is a Glorious Day Indeed
Bottom
Topic Subject:It is a Glorious Day Indeed
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 01-20-15 09:38 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga has been released on GoG Check it out!
Other games included in today's wave of releases:
Dark Forces
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Battlefront II
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 01-20-2015 @ 09:47 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-07-15 08:09 PM EDT (US)     61 / 101       
Holy Balls, Rebellion doesn't have a learning curve. It has a cliff. Even the tutorial in the manual explicitly says, "Do not be concerned about winning following this tutorial. You won't. This is just to familiarize you with concepts and controls."

I wanted to see some of the Rebel capital ships. Need some references for VII.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 02-07-15 08:34 PM EDT (US)     62 / 101       
Did I mention I've never actually won a game?

Yeah, Rebellion is hard. Something that will help you is setting the galactic speed to the lowest without pausing it. That way you can pay attention to more without having to really worry about an enemy fleet suddenly popping into one of your primary construction planets.

If all else fails, there is a trainer so you can at least see the ships

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-07-15 08:55 PM EDT (US)     63 / 101       
Full 3D views?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-15 03:18 AM EDT (US)     64 / 101       
Well not in the trainer, but you can make it so you'll live long enough to actually see them in game

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-08-15 11:54 AM EDT (US)     65 / 101       
Also, you can't make suicide-bomber Ewoks.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-15 12:08 PM EDT (US)     66 / 101       
Go play a heavily modded FoC then

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-08-15 12:15 PM EDT (US)     67 / 101       
I am curious as to why you rate it so highly. It's certainly ambitious, but... the execution is questionable in my mind.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-15 12:38 PM EDT (US)     68 / 101       
I greatly enjoy it. While the execution wasn't flawless, I'd say it's pretty damn good for the 90s.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-08-15 12:47 PM EDT (US)     69 / 101       
It certainly has some interesting ideas... with some amusing crossover with a few VII concepts I used way back.

I like the use of raw and processed materials over funds. And maintenance costs was something I actually introduced to my RPG to cap army and fleet capacities.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-15 01:12 PM EDT (US)     70 / 101       
It certainly makes things interesting. Makes it so the Rebels have to rely on the outer rim/diplomacy before dancing with the Imperial fleet. And it also makes it so the Imperials can't zerg rush with Star Destroyers.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-08-15 01:17 PM EDT (US)     71 / 101       
I was surprised by how ineffective diplomacy was. O_o

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-08-2015 @ 01:17 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-15 01:32 PM EDT (US)     72 / 101       
Who were you using?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-08-15 01:39 PM EDT (US)     73 / 101       
Leia.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-15 01:40 PM EDT (US)     74 / 101       
Mon Mothma is better, but Diplomacy takes a short while to get going.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-09-15 08:52 AM EDT (US)     75 / 101       
And the stupid game doesn't store textures as image files.

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
(id: Solomon)
posted 02-21-15 09:29 PM EDT (US)     76 / 101       
Just checked it out - going to buy all four of the Xwing\TIE games and relive my childhood. I knew there was a reason I kept that joystick around.. just have to dust it off, lol.

Remember to Breathe - Dashboard Confessional
-Here I Am, and here I remain! - Leto Atreides, Dune
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-22-15 06:32 PM EDT (US)     77 / 101       
Maybe we could ask EA really nicely to do a new TIE Fighter game, in the new continuity. <_<

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-22-15 06:38 PM EDT (US)     78 / 101       
Paha! No...

They already kind of tried that with Attack Squadrons anyway. Obviously it's not the same thing... but it is to EA...

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-22-15 07:22 PM EDT (US)     79 / 101       
No, that was BF2 spaceflight. I want TIE Fighter.

...Even better if they give it Newtonian physics. <_<

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-22-15 08:08 PM EDT (US)     80 / 101       
Maybe we could ask EA really nicely to do a new TIE Fighter game, in the new continuity.
Pre-Order the Limited Edition from Gamestop to receive exclusive access to the Cygnus Missile Boat! $89.99.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-22-2015 @ 08:09 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 02-22-15 09:15 PM EDT (US)     81 / 101       
Pre-Order the Limited Edition from Gamestop to receive exclusive access to the Cygnus Missile Boat! $89.99.
For $169.99 get the Ultra Über Special Edition that comes with a plastic figurine, a starchart, and a cardboard box. Europe only. While supplies last. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-23-15 05:57 AM EDT (US)     82 / 101       
Hey, if it comes with a TIE Fighter Pilot suit...

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-24-15 05:57 PM EDT (US)     83 / 101       
I thought this would go well with the celebration of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds going on GOG.com, so I included the video remix of the cantina band from star wars.

Check this out.

I know it's a remix and this topic is a little old, but I thought it would be cool in this topic. Besides, it's got a picture of a stormtrooper breakdancing!

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-24-2015 @ 05:58 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-24-15 08:24 PM EDT (US)     84 / 101       
https://soundcloud.com/kusi81/ode-to-tie-x-6-game-tie

If this doesn't make you want to wheel about through the infinite dark, spitting verdant justice into the hearts of anarchists (and... maybe fighting Terminators in a few points?), then YOU HAVE NO SOUL.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-28-15 04:05 PM EDT (US)     85 / 101       
Rebel Assault I and II, along with Jedi Outcast+Academy were just released on GoG.

and the X-Wing/TIE Collection made its way on to Steam.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-28-15 06:07 PM EDT (US)     86 / 101       
I dunno who would want RA. I mean... they're rail shooters.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-28-15 06:18 PM EDT (US)     87 / 101       
So is Call of Duty. People seem to love that.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-28-15 06:27 PM EDT (US)     88 / 101       
Is it really? I thought you at least had WASD. O_o

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 04-28-15 09:07 PM EDT (US)     89 / 101       
You do, but it might as well be on rails.

Game shown is Medal of Honor, but most of it applies to CoD and Battlefield as well.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-28-2015 @ 09:09 PM).]

Merai
Clone Trooper
(id: Commander Merai)
posted 05-02-15 10:31 PM EDT (US)     90 / 101       
In the last year or two I got my friends into AoK and I'm convinced I could get them into SWGB too if it was on steam. Unfortunately I can't convince them to use GOG even though you can play it with the steam interface.... is there any particular reason steam has so much SW stuff but not GB?

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames