You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1631 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-05-2018 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 07-31-14 01:43 PM EDT (US)     871 / 1631       
Ah, but what if you're in a universe where coffee doesn't exist?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-31-14 01:49 PM EDT (US)     872 / 1631       
If it's a universe of my creation, coffee does exist there. Even in the Bronze Age. Or Stone Age. And if it's SW, there's caf or vinecaf or whatever.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-31-14 04:15 PM EDT (US)     873 / 1631       
What about in MLP?

...Harvesting Pinkie drool, perhaps?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-14 04:55 PM EDT (US)     874 / 1631       
Haven't we seen ponies drinking coffee before? I'm almost certain of it, though it may not have been specifically named...

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-14 06:28 PM EDT (US)     875 / 1631       
So I just saw one of these on deviantArt and realized it was suspiciously similar to one of these.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-29-14 06:30 PM EDT (US)     876 / 1631       
Ehhh... generic manta shape. And didn't they have those in the original CW toon?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-14 06:40 PM EDT (US)     877 / 1631       
Apparently, but the Hideki attack fighter from DS9 is still older. Also, mantas have "horns" in the front not back.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-29-14 07:05 PM EDT (US)     878 / 1631       
Yeah, but I don't believe any of them watched DS9. They never tried aping it, or the show would've been better.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 08-29-14 07:58 PM EDT (US)     879 / 1631       
So I just saw one of these on deviantArt...
Would it happen to be from this guy?

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-14 09:17 PM EDT (US)     880 / 1631       
That's the one. I was kind of amused when I saw it was related to EF. But that beige-ish texture definitely increases the likeness.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-29-14 10:13 PM EDT (US)     881 / 1631       
Is he going to make the models for the Pony factions? <_<

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 08-30-14 01:00 AM EDT (US)     882 / 1631       
I will boycott EF if there is even an Easter Egg of that godforsaken show.

I may be the only one who'd do that, but hey.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-30-14 08:09 AM EDT (US)     883 / 1631       
Charming, to the last.

...Although, given you're willing to say MLP is better than TCW... so you should at least watch as many episodes of MLP as you did of TCW. You know, to balance out the Filoni with some Faust. <_<

Did they finally terminate the Legends thing with Jacen Solo's great-great-whatever granddaughter? Or is that still shuffling forward despite the fact it's more or less meaningless now?

EDIT:

OH GOD NO :(

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 08-30-2014 @ 08:45 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-30-14 11:09 AM EDT (US)     884 / 1631       
...Although, given you're willing to say MLP is better than TCW...
I'd be more inclined to boycott over TCW.
OH GOD NO
The original Cars was...okay. The second one was bad. Planes looked so horrible I didn't bother seeing it. It can only go downhill from there.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-30-14 11:31 AM EDT (US)     885 / 1631       
And if Filoni has any say... all of the Star Destroyers will be voiced by Larry the Cable Guy.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 09-12-14 10:11 PM EDT (US)     886 / 1631       
Welp, I've stumbled on what is perhaps the greatest thing to ever crawl out of the prequels... Nothing will ever be the same.

And probably my new most favorite character of all time, possibly rivaling even the infinite wisdom of Qui-Gon... Creepio

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 09-12-2014 @ 10:15 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-13-14 02:53 AM EDT (US)     887 / 1631       
That was easily one of the most glorious things I have ever had the pleasure of viewing.

I'm having trouble deciding between the first and third as to which my favorite is. I can't go by Creepio, because he was priceless in all of them.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
John the Late
Jedi Padawan
posted 09-13-14 05:11 AM EDT (US)     888 / 1631       
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-13-14 09:44 AM EDT (US)     889 / 1631       
SKIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Dammit, I played some EaW last night so I'd like SW again. But even the parodies are better! I so want to make Creepio VII-canon. <_<

They even fix the biggest hole in the canonical universe: "It's heroin."

Also, Star Wars fails for its lack of tacos, nachos...

"*beat* Guh... would you like to buy some drugs, 'Larry'?"
"Well, that's why I'm here!"

THESE ARE ALL NOW VII CANON AND I HAVEN'T YET WATCHED THE THIRD ONE

EDIT: 21:59 of the third one had me laughing my ass off. Brilliant.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 09-13-2014 @ 11:36 AM).]

John the Late
Jedi Padawan
posted 09-13-14 08:36 PM EDT (US)     890 / 1631       
Btw, are there any forummers that are active in this subforum but not the Mos Eisley Cantina?
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-14-14 09:20 AM EDT (US)     891 / 1631       

Mother of God.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-14 12:26 PM EDT (US)     892 / 1631       
That may just be more effective than actual anti-smoking PSAs

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-14-14 12:54 PM EDT (US)     893 / 1631       
THE FLEEEEEEESSSSHHH IS A GIIIIIIIIIIIFT!

So, FA, you were wrong. It's not exposing myself to "good canon" or official SW at all that was needed to jump-start... it was Creepio. And Liara.

EDIT: Also, today marks the final update of the Essential Guide to Warfare supplements.

http://www.starwars.com/news/contributor/fryurquhart

The finest piece of canon ever written. EXCEPT WHERE THEY SCREWED UP THE IMPERIAL RANK PLAQUES GOD DAMMIT!

EDIT: So, in proper order:

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 09-19-2014 @ 11:18 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-19-14 08:57 PM EDT (US)     894 / 1631       

The spiritual... err, cousin to the Auralnauts. Love that Hamill-on-Hamill action.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-26-14 06:49 AM EDT (US)     895 / 1631       
So, a question for you guys... what would you say are the most important alien races in terms of shaping the Star Wars universe?

Pre-Vong, of course. I'm not countenancing that clusterfrak.

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 09-26-14 10:44 AM EDT (US)     896 / 1631       
Well, I would definitely say the Sith race for obvious reasons, the Rakata for the Infinite Empire and the Mandalorians for that whole war thing.

In the Republic/Rebellion eras I would nominate the Mon Calamari as major supporters of the Rebellion, the Kaminoans for their creation of the clone army, and the Neimoidians for their roles as Palpatine's stooges and founding member of the CIS.

While I'm sure each of the last three could have been replaced by some other race with comparable characteristics, they were at the right place and right time to shape the course of history.

There are others, of course, but those are just off the top of my head.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.

[This message has been edited by Viceroy Billy (edited 09-26-2014 @ 10:46 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-26-14 10:56 AM EDT (US)     897 / 1631       
Hmm... I'd actually forgotten the Sith, oddly enough.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-26-14 12:25 PM EDT (US)     898 / 1631       
The Selkath for making Palpatine's xenophobia look justified and the Tusken Raiders for being the original humans according to now noncanon sources. On a more serious note the Chiss for producing Thrawn.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 09-26-2014 @ 12:25 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-26-14 01:03 PM EDT (US)     899 / 1631       
Hmm. I was actually trying to cherry-pick a selection of expies for... reasons. Bring the total species count down to around Mass Effect-ish numbers (since, well... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sentient_species

That's a lot. <_<).

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 09-26-14 05:15 PM EDT (US)     900 / 1631       
Well, what's your list so far?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames