You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1631 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 55  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-05-2018 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-13-17 10:06 PM EDT (US)     1471 / 1631       
Those are my favorite.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 08-14-17 02:48 PM EDT (US)     1472 / 1631       
Not strictly Star Wars...

https://youtu.be/KAOdjqyG37A

But so true.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 09-14-17 09:53 AM EDT (US)     1473 / 1631       

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-17 10:46 AM EDT (US)     1474 / 1631       
Nice.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-14-17 01:15 PM EDT (US)     1475 / 1631       

Also, yay, video panes kinda sorta work now. They just take you to YouTube instead of playing in the window, but... better than a blank white space.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 09-14-17 05:52 PM EDT (US)     1476 / 1631       
Ugh. Abrams is back...George was awful, but now it just feels like we're in an entirely different hell.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-14-17 08:21 PM EDT (US)     1477 / 1631       
Like I said elsewhere, I think JJ was an okay choice to reboot the franchise: his writing lacks substance but it's not as insultingly bad as George's, and he knows how to get a decent performance out of his actors. He knows how to make something that's shiny but forgettable, and sadly "shiny but forgettable" is leaps and bounds ahead of the prequels. I'd say "shiny but forgettable" is exactly what the franchise needed to get back on its feet. The problem is, that while that may be a good strategy to revive the franchise, that's not a good way to conclude it. :/ If it were just TFA, I might be more hopeful, but "shiny but forgettable" also describes Star Trek XI (would a subtitle have been too much to ask for???) and Into Darkness to a T.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-15-17 03:43 PM EDT (US)     1478 / 1631       

#RebelWarCrimes

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 09-17-17 00:50 AM EDT (US)     1479 / 1631       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbNbtr42MfI

Hey, this might be stupid, but it's kinda funny... Well, at least in my perspective.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 09-17-2017 @ 03:31 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-27-17 06:55 AM EDT (US)     1480 / 1631       
Every "leak" about the Han Solo movie makes this seem more accurate.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-17 07:34 PM EDT (US)     1481 / 1631       
On a whim I decided to watch A New Hope this evening for the first time in 5+ years...

• Luke and Leia look like little children.
  • Han doesn't look too much older.
  • Real Tarkin makes CG Tarkin look even worse.
  • Rogue One created more plot holes than it filled.
  • I never (consciously) noticed that Red 2 was Wedge Antilles.
  • Ewan McGregor was well-cast--while the time discrepancy makes Obi-Wan seem to have aged very poorly, the two actors nevertheless bear a remarkable resemblance.
  • I would really, really, really like to see the new trilogy go back to ANH/ESB's analog cathode ray tube futurism. It's really charming, and it's something that Rogue One actually did very well.

• Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-01-17 07:45 PM EDT (US)     1482 / 1631       
    Ewan McGregor was well-cast--while the time discrepancy makes Obi-Wan seem to have aged very poorly, the two actors nevertheless bear a remarkable resemblance.
    To be fair, I'd figure one wouldn't age well living on a desert planet, in constant danger of being discovered by the local Imperial garrison, and trying to keep himself AND Luke's presence concealed from Vader and Palpatine. Stress is not kind.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-01-17 08:15 PM EDT (US)     1483 / 1631       
    Very true, but that's some serious hard living in a universe where, on the one hand, you can die of a broken heart, and on the other can survive induced labor being several months premature and come out looking about six months old.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 10-01-17 08:21 PM EDT (US)     1484 / 1631       
    Luke and Leia look like little children.
    Well, in the novel, Luke is supposed to be 20 and Leia probably late teens (they weren't twins yet).
    Real Tarkin makes CG Tarkin look even worse.
    Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Especially in his introduction, opposite Krennic...
    Rogue One created more plot holes than it filled.
    Given it's supposed to play the role of FixFic, I'm curious.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 10-01-2017 @ 10:07 PM).]

Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-01-17 10:41 PM EDT (US)     1485 / 1631       
    Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-02-17 10:28 AM EDT (US)     1486 / 1631       
    Well, in the novel, Luke is supposed to be 20 and Leia probably late teens
    Yeah, it's making me feel old. As is the fact that the last time I watched DS9 I couldn't help noticing how attractive Major Kira was--whereas previously I regarded her as attractive but a little old for me.
    opposite Krennic...
    I did miss Krennic.
    Given it's supposed to play the role of FixFic, I'm curious.
    In particular the scenes aboard the Tantive IV stand out. The ANH dialogue says that they "intercepted transmissions," and they really should have left it at that. Having the Tantive IV fleeing the scene of a battle between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire just makes Leia look like a really bad liar.

VADER: Come now, your highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. I literally saw you just leave the scene of a battle.
    LEIA: I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan. I just happened to be passing through the Scarif system. By coincidence. Really.

Honestly, while I enjoyed Rogue One, I can't say it added anything to my ANH viewing experience beyond a desire for more cathode ray tube futurism. I'm fully expecting the next spinoff film to be announced to be about the "many Bothans [who] died to bring us this information" on the Second Death Star.

Queen Jenny the Mediocre
    Clone Trooper
    (id: neo222)
    posted 10-02-17 11:23 AM EDT (US)     1487 / 1631       
    Surely if there was a novilisation of A New Hope, George Lucas could have at least strongly hinted to the writer the fact that Luke and Leia should be the same age... Even if he's not willing to trust the writer with prior knowledge of Luke and Leia actually being twins.

I could move to a small town, and become a waitress...
    Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 10-02-17 11:33 AM EDT (US)     1488 / 1631       
    There wasn't any prior knowledge at the time. Luke and Leia being siblings wasn't a thing until RotJ was being made.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 10-02-2017 @ 11:33 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-02-17 11:41 AM EDT (US)     1489 / 1631       
    As I understand it, the decision was literally made on set during filming.

Also, Lucas was the author of the novelization (or at least one of them): I've read it and it's as bad as you'd expect.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
    Jedi Knight
    posted 10-02-17 11:53 AM EDT (US)     1490 / 1631       
    Alan Dean Foster wrote it; it's just credited to George.

ARMY STRONG
    Expanding Fronts Mod
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 10-02-17 12:14 PM EDT (US)     1491 / 1631       
    Honestly, I think ESB is the worst novel adaptation. It just reads like a screenplay converted to paragraph format.

Darth Kiro
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-02-17 12:26 PM EDT (US)     1492 / 1631       

I could climb with such ease I went climbing towards the Sun by the ridges of the Great Mountain. It was so light around, so nicely warm, so beautiful, closer to the Sun - I wanted to go right next to it! But I overrated myself, I'm so high now that the light blinds me, heat hurts me and it's too late to go back!!!

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiro (edited 10-02-2017 @ 12:40 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 10-02-17 01:06 PM EDT (US)     1493 / 1631       
    Broken link.

Menwhilings...
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Federation_submarine

...Jagen! Na-boo! Naboo in den töt!

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 10-02-2017 @ 01:15 PM).]

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-02-17 01:31 PM EDT (US)     1494 / 1631       
    Those things were a pain in the ass to kill. And I was in a damn bomber.

Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-03-17 00:28 AM EDT (US)     1495 / 1631       
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uWjqI5FzX8

Imma just lay this right here. Y'all gotta admit, it's sorta funny!
    Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 10-04-17 08:24 AM EDT (US)     1496 / 1631       
    Sorry, FA.

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-04-17 03:04 PM EDT (US)     1497 / 1631       
    Why are you apologizing to me? I actually know the PT and OT are about Vader. I just don't mind more of him brutally slaughtering hallways of filthy rebels

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 10-05-17 07:35 AM EDT (US)     1498 / 1631       

Is SW only good for memes anymore? Have they pigeonholed themselves that hard? (Not that there's anything wrong with memes in general or this meme in particular...)

Flying Ace
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-05-17 04:33 PM EDT (US)     1499 / 1631       
    If you start to have second thoughts about the RPG, I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one who wants to hit you

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
    Moff
    posted 10-05-17 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1500 / 1631       
    Keep me straight and narrow.

And help me with giant maps. And economies. <_<

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 55  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames