You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1623 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-05-2018 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 11-04-13 06:44 PM EDT (US)     271 / 1623       
I don't care if they're "canon"; they didn't happen.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 11-04-13 06:46 PM EDT (US)     272 / 1623       
Enterprise has some pretty good moments, actually.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-13 07:11 PM EDT (US)     273 / 1623       
Yeah, I've heard it begins and ends awful, but has some good stuff in the middle. I don't have any ambitions of finding out for myself.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-04-13 07:19 PM EDT (US)     274 / 1623       
It ends on a decent level... but the finale, that was supposed to be a Valentine to fans, was a TNG episode with the Enterprise portion as a holodeck recreation. It would have been a Valentine... say, if the show was cancelled in Season 2 (and it very well may have been written then). But when it was just coming into its own and got the axe... rather than an Enterprise story, it's Troi and Riker in the episode about the Pegasus. And a definitely-older and heavier Riker chatting up Troi who is also much older and wearing a green Starfleet uniform... with the show we tuned into watch as Riker's diversion while he looks for pat answers to his issues with Admiral Pressman?

I don't blame Jolene Blalock for being pissed about having to shoot the episode on her birthday. It's a huge middle finger to the cast, to the fans that were coming around on Enterprise... and what made it worse was the damned fools thought they were doing us a favor.

So, I don't consider it part of the end. It was a second season episode tossed into the end of the fourth. The season and series ended on the excellent Terra Prime arc... which, amusingly enough, also featured Peter Weller as the villain.

But yeah, when someone pisses about Star Trek being ruined by Abrams, I know they're full of crap. I was there. I was watching it every Wednesday night, on UPN. I saw the Voyager finale when it aired, even made a note of it in my school notebook the next morning. It was in May of 2001; I still remember it to the month. Abrams saved Trek. Orci and Kurtzman may have burned out their benefit... but Abrams knows what he's doing.

And for the record, I've never seen Lost and never had any interest in it... so I'm not some raving Abrams fanboy. Just saw the effect he had on something I enjoyed.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-04-2013 @ 07:22 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-13 07:28 PM EDT (US)     275 / 1623       
Yeah, between Voyager, Nemesis, and portions of Enterprise...Star Trek was really scraping the bottom of the barrel at the end and was in about as much need of a reboot as Star Wars--and Abrams delivered an enjoyable rendition. In fact, I'm even willing to take back what I said before about it not being very Trek-y--it's just more TOS Trek minus the preachy Roddenberry leftist utopia bits and a few of DS9's grittier interpretations of Earth thrown in (even including a reference to Section 31).

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 11-04-2013 @ 07:29 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-04-13 07:41 PM EDT (US)     276 / 1623       
I do like the Section 31 tie-in. Back when I did Trek EU, I picked up a couple of the Section 31 books... and yes, Kirk had a run-in with them. Of course, Trek EU is totally noncanon, but...

Also, Section 31--in that book--tried making an Omega particle, thus tying into Voyager's The Omega Directive. So... eh, neat idea.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-13 08:45 PM EDT (US)     277 / 1623       
I understand Section 31 is one of many DS9 concepts that enraged Roddenberry fans but pleased me.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-05-13 02:34 PM EDT (US)     278 / 1623       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_on_Mindor

"The masters came... bright lights... people melting, going to pieces..."

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-05-13 03:37 PM EDT (US)     279 / 1623       
I do believe they forgot the <i>.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-05-13 04:12 PM EDT (US)     280 / 1623       
...I'm trying to warp a pun on "I Remember Me" out of that, but it requires either talking like Yoda or just... horrible English.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-05-13 05:44 PM EDT (US)     281 / 1623       
That quest is why I changed my mind about starting my next Shepard in 2.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-05-13 05:54 PM EDT (US)     282 / 1623       
It seems like Miranda is better at putting the reds and purples back in...

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 11-06-13 00:38 AM EDT (US)     283 / 1623       
Speaking of Trek, I'm feeling a DS9 rewatch coming on, and since we've discussed it a few times, I was wondering how a review thread would go over with you guys? I'd watch an episode, discuss it briefly and give it a score out of ten. Does that interest anyone, or would it be a boring endeavour interesting only to me? Also, it would be a nice unified place for the continuing Trek discussions we have occasionally.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-06-13 07:49 AM EDT (US)     284 / 1623       
Do it!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-13 10:53 AM EDT (US)     285 / 1623       
Speaking of Trek, I'm feeling a DS9 rewatch coming on, and since we've discussed it a few times, I was wondering how a review thread would go over with you guys? I'd watch an episode, discuss it briefly and give it a score out of ten. Does that interest anyone, or would it be a boring endeavour interesting only to me? Also, it would be a nice unified place for the continuing Trek discussions we have occasionally.
I'm actually seven episodes away from finishing the series and was sort of thinking of doing the same thing.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-06-13 11:46 AM EDT (US)     286 / 1623       
Hmm. After Endor falls back into Imperial hands, would an Ewok slave trade--specializing in pleasure slaves--be too grimdark?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-13 12:20 PM EDT (US)     287 / 1623       
Depends upon the pleasure involved. If one takes pleasure in setting the blighters on fire or slicing them up with laser swords or subjecting them to overly long, pointless and downplayed political scenes, then that's an ok for the Star Wars universe. You can also dress them very provocatively, but to EVER consider actually committing a sexual act of any kind? Too far...

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-06-13 12:58 PM EDT (US)     288 / 1623       
But there's something inherently yet hilariously wrong in the phrase "Ewok sex trade."

...Even if it's a likely and logical consequence of their conquest. They're not big or strong enough to be useful laborers like Wookiees... they don't have amazing technological or scientific prowess like the Omwati or Givin...

So... rich, depraved folks on Coruscant, Corulag, Anaxes, and Eriadu and other centers of Imperial high culture... welllll...

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 11-06-13 03:21 PM EDT (US)     289 / 1623       
I'm actually seven episodes away from finishing the series and was sort of thinking of doing the same thing.
Want to collaborate? Or at least use the same thread?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-13 04:31 PM EDT (US)     290 / 1623       
Sure. Bear in mind that season 1 was back in the spring, so half the episodes may be very dim in my memory.

Speaking of DS9, have you seen this? It could have come straight out of Vic's and it is awesome. Speaking of Vic, James Darren also has a CD that has all the music he sang as Vic Fontaine on it--it's called Straight from the Heart.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-06-13 04:39 PM EDT (US)     291 / 1623       
Zaarin, you get into the darker stuff now and then. What do you think about my conundrum?

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-06-2013 @ 04:40 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-13 05:45 PM EDT (US)     292 / 1623       
I think the optimal Imperial solution would be genocide.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-13 06:03 PM EDT (US)     293 / 1623       
Hmm, yes. Zaarin's cracked it. Genocide, please.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-06-13 06:25 PM EDT (US)     294 / 1623       
But... we will do far worse than kill them. We will hurt them... <_<

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 11-08-13 02:46 AM EDT (US)     295 / 1623       
So, there's this now.

Tiny Tower is an admittedly cool game, but lately the strategy seems to be 'just put SW label on popular stuff'.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-08-13 10:08 AM EDT (US)     296 / 1623       
That is why they fail.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-08-13 12:04 PM EDT (US)     297 / 1623       
Figures. I believe Disney said a while ago they were shifting focus from AAA stuff to mobile games, while they let EA handle the major stuff like Battlefront.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 11-08-2013 @ 12:05 PM).]

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 11-08-13 06:36 PM EDT (US)     298 / 1623       
I agree with Shanter and those other three people in this video ...

Chewie and Leia should do it.

I mean come on! Shanter gives the okay so it has to be a good idea.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 11-08-2013 @ 06:38 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-08-13 07:01 PM EDT (US)     299 / 1623       
Figures. I believe Disney said a while ago they were shifting focus from AAA stuff to mobile games, while they let EA handle the major stuff like Battlefront.
See, I think flying SW through a battery of antiaircraft artillery is a great idea. <_<

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-08-13 08:01 PM EDT (US)     300 / 1623       
See, I think flying SW through a battery of antiaircraft artillery is a great idea.
I'm pretty sure that already happened around 1999. The debri's been falling out of the sky and into books, games, and movies ever since.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 11-08-2013 @ 08:02 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames