You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1634 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 52 53 54 55  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-05-2018 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-02-18 10:23 AM EDT (US)     1591 / 1634       
God. Clickbait garbage is what's ruining Star Wars. Never, ver click a link to Polygon. They genuinely just pull stuff out of their asses and then call it a brilliant theory. THEN they drag you along for four pages before just sharting out an inane and idiotic idea.

I don't want to say more because spoilers for Solo.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 06-02-18 06:07 PM EDT (US)     1592 / 1634       
Well of course, it's Polygon

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-04-18 11:28 AM EDT (US)     1593 / 1634       

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-22-18 05:21 PM EDT (US)     1594 / 1634       

Damn war on Life Day.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-22-18 05:32 PM EDT (US)     1595 / 1634       
Just desperately trying to keep this thread going, aren't you?

You COULD just grab Zaar and flood it with your MLP memes

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-22-18 05:54 PM EDT (US)     1596 / 1634       
...Are you trying to bring that about? I have a better idea.

Captain Jayne Shepard, Imperial Army.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-22-18 06:18 PM EDT (US)     1597 / 1634       
Hopefully with a voice I can stand

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-22-18 06:45 PM EDT (US)     1598 / 1634       
What, like this?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-22-18 06:48 PM EDT (US)     1599 / 1634       
First: Sure, why not

Second: OW!

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-22-18 06:54 PM EDT (US)     1600 / 1634       
An aircraft carrier will tend to have a very powerful voice.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-19-18 03:33 PM EDT (US)     1601 / 1634       
https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/1981560108562247/UzpfSTE2OTI5OTEwMzEyMTY5OTpWSzoxOTgxNTYwMTA4NTYyMjQ3/

Oh no... ohhh noooo... OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-16-18 01:01 PM EDT (US)     1602 / 1634       
So I'm currently in the midst of replaying KotOR for the first time in probably a decade, and it's interesting how my opinions of some characters have changed...and others haven't. Roughly in order of appearance, except Bastila...

Revan: Also known as Pants. Revan gets more character development obliquely through Kreia than (s)he ever gets in KotOR. In fact, reprogrammed Revan comes across as a bit of a dolt; it's hard to associate him/her with the brilliant Jedi described by Canderous and Kreia. Light side Revan, in particular, is a bit of a gullible moron. I mean, it's a little unfair to judge a voiceless PC--but I feel like Revan gets considerably less development as a character than Exile or the Warden, though perhaps comparable with the Spirit Monk.

Bastila: I used to find her mildly annoying. I now find her extremely annoying. I'm regretting playing a male Revan. On the plus side, she is soooooo much fun to annoy. Also I can't stop hearing FemShep affecting a Trans-Atlantic accent.

Carth: "I don't want to talk about the very private subject I just clumsily brought up." I used to really like Carth. Now...I still like him--I like Sbarge and I feel sympathy for Carth's social awkwardness. But his insistence on bringing up subjects he doesn't want to talk about--not to mention his paranoia--does get old.

Mission: As a teenager, I liked her. As an adult, she's rather annoying. She does have a nice character arc, though; the advantage of young characters is they give the writers a lot of room for them to grow.

Zaalbar: Probably the most under-developed character in the game. He has a nice enough story, but he has too little to say.

Canderous: I found him a bit dull when I was younger. I still like him better as Mandalore, but he's got the kernel of an interesting character even in KotOR. His version of Mandalorians remind me a bit of TNG/DS9 Klingons, but a little less alien.

Juhani: Try as I might, I can't hear her as Jack affecting an Eastern European accent. Very young me found her intriguing. Older teen me found her boring. Adult me finds her sympathetic but a bit tedious.

HK-47: It's impossible not to love him. My only gripe is locking his story behind a rather useless skill, thus forcing me to waste my skill points on cross-class Repair, which I otherwise never use. But it's totally worth it for more HK-47.

Jolee Bindo: I couldn't stand his rambling when I was younger. Now I think he may be my favorite companion. I'm astonished that BioWare did actually have the audacity to criticize the Jedi, if not as profoundly as Kreia does and put in the mouth of a cynical bitter old man.

T3-M4: Who?

Darth Malak: I still think of him as a budget Vader.

Helena Shan: The only non-party or villain NPC I'll mention here, because it's Dr. Chakwas (or two different Romulan commanders and a government scientist, if you prefer a different sci-fi franchise ). She's also a reminder that BioWare is lazy: she's a rather important NPC to be given a generic NPC head that is seen on numerous background NPCs. Honestly, if I have one huge criticism of KotOR, it's how much NPC assets get re-used; even many significant NPCs (like Helena Shan) get generic faces. Even Obsidian in KotOR2 was less stingy with unique NPC assets (though they were more prone to reuse environment assets--but I gloss that over because it does induce a certain level of nostalgia).

Other Thoughts: I recently saw an article on Steam describing KotOR as "the most perfect reconstruction of Star Wars" and KotOR2 as "the most perfect deconstruction of Star Wars." I think both of those descriptions are spot on. KotOR really does feel like it captures the best of Star Wars, while KotOR2 brutally assaults what's wrong with Star Wars. I love both, but for obvious reasons TSL remains my favorite.

As an aside, however, replaying KotOR now has caused me to retract a certain criticism of TSL. In the past, I felt that TSL suffered from underdeveloped characters (I'm looking at you, Bao-Dur). Now, however, I have to levy that charge rather against KotOR. T3-M4 sits uselessly on your ship after opening the Sith base door for you on Taris. Carth, Juhani, Zaalbar, Mission, Bastila, Canderous--all of them are more archetypes than characters. Even Jolee, who is probably the game's best developed character, is something of an archetype. Malak is a transparent transposition of Darth Vader. While BioWare is usually better with characters than plot, KotOR is the exception, where the plot is better than the characters. TSL, meanwhile, has two types of characters: the ones who are really well developed (Kreia, Handmaiden, Visas, Mandalore, HK-47, Atris) and the ones who are really underdeveloped (Bao-Dur, Disciple, Hanharr*, Nihilus). There are two characters who don't really fit into that binary: Atton (who comes across really bland but develops a deeper personality really abruptly) and Sion (who only develops as an interesting character IMO if Exile is female). I'm also not sure where to put T3-M4, who is still pretty underdeveloped but at least gets a shred of personality, which is more than BioWare did for it. Goto and Mira are also sort of in the middle, but that still puts them ahead of the KotOR1 cast.

*I've never recruited him. Maybe he's more interesting if you do?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 08-16-2018 @ 01:03 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-18 04:57 PM EDT (US)     1603 / 1634       
Yeah, I'd agree. Characters in 2 were a bit more interesting than KotOR. However, I still enjoy Mission. Yeah she seems annoying NOW, but she's a teenager. We were annoying as all HELL at that age

The thing with her is, I think her being annoying is quite impressive all things considered. To me, that denotes she still has some of her childlike innocence when, thinking about what she's been through (and goes through in the game), she really shouldn't. I think this point is reinforced when you consider her reaction on Lehon if you turn to the Dark Side. I'm curious as to what you think.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-17-18 07:34 PM EDT (US)     1604 / 1634       
Yeah, I agree with that, and I freely admit I'm not fond of teenagers--I mean, I didn't even like them very much when I was one. And like I said, Mission also benefits from growing a bit more over the course of the game than most of the cast, too. Cf. her reaction to Lena to her ultimate reaction to Griff's remaining a perpetual loser.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 08-17-2018 @ 07:34 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-21-18 04:35 PM EDT (US)     1605 / 1634       
https://youtu.be/aj5fs84t9lE?t=6m15s

"Godforsaken planet." Huh.

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
(id: The Real Bryl)
posted 08-22-18 08:48 AM EDT (US)     1606 / 1634       
Well we know Hell exists in Star Wars thanks to Han in ESB.

"Forceforsaken" doesn't have the same ring to it.

The "Real" Bryl
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-22-18 10:03 AM EDT (US)     1607 / 1634       
Well we know Hell exists in Star Wars thanks to Han in ESB.
According to Legends canon Corellians have nine hells.
The line pops up in Star Trek a few times, and I can't help but feel that from Gene that should be a compliment.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-23-18 09:09 AM EDT (US)     1608 / 1634       
Trek makes sense. But which god has forsaken the planet Dooku is on?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-23-18 10:44 AM EDT (US)     1609 / 1634       
I'm afraid the Golden God of the Ewoks is the only SW deity I'm familiar with. I guess the early Dark Lords of the Sith sort of set themselves up as god-kings.

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
posted 08-23-18 11:13 AM EDT (US)     1610 / 1634       
I'm afraid the Golden God of the Ewoks is the only SW deity I'm familiar with.
Speaking of which, Threepio says "thank the maker" a number of times in the series. Is he simply referring to the person who made him, or the maker in the sense of "prepare to meet your maker"?

I mean Threepio had never heard of robot factories where robots build other robots, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't realise that his "maker" was actually some kid who hated sand.

The "Real" Bryl

paulstreet.bandcamp.com

[This message has been edited by THE Fake Bryl (edited 08-23-2018 @ 11:14 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-23-18 11:28 AM EDT (US)     1611 / 1634       
I took it to mean the sentient being who made him rather than a demiurgic deity, but obviously with quasi-religious overtones.

THE Fake Bryl
SWGBH Downloads Admin
posted 08-24-18 04:41 AM EDT (US)     1612 / 1634       
demiurgic
I just learned a new word! Thanks Zaarin.

The "Real" Bryl

paulstreet.bandcamp.com
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-24-18 10:45 AM EDT (US)     1613 / 1634       
It's one of my favorites.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-25-18 10:40 PM EDT (US)     1614 / 1634       
I mean Threepio had never heard of robot factories where robots build other robots,
That's just dumb.

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 08-25-18 11:07 PM EDT (US)     1615 / 1634       
"Artoo, where do droids come from?"

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-25-18 11:45 PM EDT (US)     1616 / 1634       
[reply censored with beeps]

[This message has been edited by Kousoku Senkan Moffgou (edited 08-25-2018 @ 11:46 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-01-18 12:33 PM EDT (US)     1617 / 1634       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/An_Imperial_Feast

...So Han is a sociopath now. Yay.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-18 02:26 PM EDT (US)     1618 / 1634       
...Wow.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-18 05:34 PM EDT (US)     1619 / 1634       
Oh burn it all. With hellfire...or a flamethrower if the former is too difficult to procure

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-01-18 07:28 PM EDT (US)     1620 / 1634       
Oh burn it all. With hellfire

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 52 53 54 55  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames