You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1655 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25 26 27 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-31-2019 @ 03:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 03-02-14 12:22 PM EDT (US)     721 / 1655       
That is beautiful.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-02-14 12:47 PM EDT (US)     722 / 1655       
http://youtu.be/l3maHvjsIF4

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU USE THAT

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 03-02-14 05:45 PM EDT (US)     723 / 1655       
Kill the plumber!

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-02-14 06:49 PM EDT (US)     724 / 1655       
I dunno... Portal is just platforming for the modern day.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-14 03:34 AM EDT (US)     725 / 1655       
I watched AotC with my flatmates this weekend. One of them fell asleep. I was hoping the action at the end would wake him up so he could enjoy the best parts, but the damage was done. Needless to say he wasn't a fan.

I was also reminded of how crap the two leads are in that movie. Have I mentioned that before?

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-04-14 09:55 AM EDT (US)     726 / 1655       
What action?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-14 10:14 AM EDT (US)     727 / 1655       
All that visual noise - basically everything after Padme's deep and meaningful declaration of love to Anakin before being hauled out to their death in a hover-chariot. It's... kind of action.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-04-14 10:21 AM EDT (US)     728 / 1655       
Oh, you mean when they pass through the yonic opening, are chained to the phallic symbols, while evil creatures and robots are birthed into the chamber through a million stone vaginas?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-14 12:52 PM EDT (US)     729 / 1655       
Brain bleach!!! >_<

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-04-14 12:57 PM EDT (US)     730 / 1655       
Look at it. Geonosis is a ripoff of Gladiator while also showcasing George Lucas' deep-seated fear of the female sex. Or at least, his fear of female sex.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 03-04-2014 @ 12:57 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-08-14 05:51 PM EDT (US)     731 / 1655       
I'm not certain of this, but I just finished RotS and I swear I saw Tarkin; just for a second, on the cruiser overlooking the construction of the Death Star at the end. Is this a known thing?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-08-14 05:59 PM EDT (US)     732 / 1655       
Yes, that's Tarkin.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-08-14 07:47 PM EDT (US)     733 / 1655       
Very known. As in, they hyped the crap out of it so OT fans might have a reason to go see it.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-14 07:35 AM EDT (US)     734 / 1655       
Ah. Oh well, I'm quite proud of myself for seeing that, because I never knew before hand that he was in it.

And also, stupid Star Wars. They hyped up the OT fans for that? For less than a second of screen time? And then people wonder why OT fans get annoyed.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-09-14 09:20 AM EDT (US)     735 / 1655       
Well, also take how you couldn't turn around without seeing Vader's mask plastered on something when the movie came out... even the suit has, what, forty-five seconds of screen time?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-14 12:26 PM EDT (US)     736 / 1655       
I also noticed yesterday that they must have put his cape on on the operating table.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-09-14 12:33 PM EDT (US)     737 / 1655       
But of course. He has the cape in the promotionals; he has to have it on the table!

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 05:10 PM EDT (US)     738 / 1655       
Anyone following/voting at thisismadness.starwars.com?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-19-14 05:25 PM EDT (US)     739 / 1655       
Not until you posted that. Matchups? Meh. I'm worried the popularity contest will then get canonized into some kind of RPG versus thing.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 03-19-14 06:31 PM EDT (US)     740 / 1655       
WHY IS LANDO LOSING?!

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 06:35 PM EDT (US)     741 / 1655       
Eh, Lando is pretty cool, but I think I'd still vote for Chewie. I like wookies!

As is evident in my latest Starkiller chapter, which is coming along rather well...

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-19-14 07:27 PM EDT (US)     742 / 1655       
I voted for Chewie.

Though, in hindsight... Chewie is spoiled by the taint of the PT. But then, I'm sure Lando will be similarly ruined in Rebels.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 08:17 PM EDT (US)     743 / 1655       
WHY IS LANDO LOSING?!
Because he's the only black human in Star Wars?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-19-14 08:42 PM EDT (US)     744 / 1655       
...Dude.

Also, wrong. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 08:53 PM EDT (US)     745 / 1655       
At least in the films. I mean, Mace and the Tentacle Cousins (Adi Gallia and Stass Ali) have been claimed to be near-Human.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 08:55 PM EDT (US)     746 / 1655       
Is Mace not human?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-19-14 08:58 PM EDT (US)     747 / 1655       
...Mace is human.

And also, Panaka, Typho, the X-Wing pilot who only appears long enough to blow up...

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 03-19-2014 @ 08:59 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 09:03 PM EDT (US)     748 / 1655       
I forgot about Panaka, but I was under the impression Typho was Polynesian. Checking...Confirmed: Typho's actor is a New Zealander of Samoan descent. And it seems Wookieepedia agrees that Mace is human, but I'm 99% certain that at some point the people of Haruun Kal were a near-Human species called "Korunnai" or some such.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-19-14 09:07 PM EDT (US)     749 / 1655       
Korun are a "race" of humans. And, yes... they're all dark-skinned. Because accidental racism is old hat to SW by now.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-19-14 09:14 PM EDT (US)     750 / 1655       
And interestingly are not only dark-skinned but all West African, even having Bantu-sounding names like "Doshalo."

You know, I consider fantasy/non-Earth-centered sci-fi as an opportunity to do something different from Earth humans. For example, the people who inhabit the arctic region of my fantasy setting have high broad cheekbones, narrow faces, almond shaped eyes with epicanthic folds, heavy jaws, fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. In other words, a mixture of Native American, Siberian, and Scandinavian features. Likewise the elves of my sci-fantasy novel that is my next project are mostly Levantine, but with some Berber, Indian, and Native American features mixed in. As opposed to most fantasy where the good guys are Celto-Norse and the bad guys are German, African, or Arab.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25 26 27 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames