You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kongou Dess

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1659 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-31-2019 @ 03:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-14 04:05 AM EDT (US)     421 / 1659       
Zaarin, btw, you might also be interested in DM of the Rings. It's the same premise, only with LotR (well, DM of the Rings was the comic that inspired Darths and Droids in the first place). They're very different in GMing style as well, in DM of the Rings the GM is very railroady, while in Darths and Droids the characters went off the plot road straight from the beginning and the GM tries to improvise himself.

Some highlights from DMotR:

[This message has been edited by Farlander (edited 01-21-2014 @ 04:09 AM).]

Kongou Dess
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 01-21-14 10:54 AM EDT (US)     422 / 1659       
This is your revenge for all of those Mass Effect and MLP tangents, isn't it?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-14 11:26 AM EDT (US)     423 / 1659       
Revenge is such a petty word. I call it Retribution
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-21-14 12:26 PM EDT (US)     424 / 1659       
But it's not my fault. Surely, you must see the common denominator here...

Don't get Zaarin talking about something he likes. Or do, if you really want to talk about it.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 01-21-2014 @ 12:28 PM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 01-21-14 01:27 PM EDT (US)     425 / 1659       
Really, Moff? The first two pages of this thread went off topic for Mass Effect and you are taking issue with Farlander mentioning the series which inspired Darths and Droids because he knows it might be interesting to someone?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-21-14 01:50 PM EDT (US)     426 / 1659       
It's a joke, Billy... it seems you've had something of an ax to grind lately. What's up?

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-21-14 06:42 PM EDT (US)     427 / 1659       
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Carrie-Fisher-Legit-Big-Bang-Theory-1076365.aspx

So, the cameras start rolling in March or April.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-21-14 08:37 PM EDT (US)     428 / 1659       
@Farlander: Yes, I'll definitely have to check that out.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-22-14 12:18 PM EDT (US)     429 / 1659       
Also, note sure if the rest of you heard... they're casting Meth Damon of Breaking Bad fame (aka actor Jesse Plemmons or something) in VII. Just by features alone, he's a strong candidate for Skywalker spawn.

Perhaps JJ will keep Mara after all? Or he's actually an evil KJA fanboy and Plemmons is the demon seed of Luke and Callista!

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-14 03:16 PM EDT (US)     430 / 1659       
Heh, he played Todd. At first I thought you meant the character, Jesse Pinkman, was being cast.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-14 03:59 PM EDT (US)     431 / 1659       
And I thought you were making some kind of joke about Matt Damon.

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 01-22-14 04:52 PM EDT (US)     432 / 1659       
I thought the same thing actually

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-22-14 05:22 PM EDT (US)     433 / 1659       
Heh, he played Todd. At first I thought you meant the character, Jesse Pinkman, was being cast.
No. Or I would've said, "Aaron Paul, actor."
And I thought you were making some kind of joke about Matt Damon.
I thought the same thing actually
Fan nickname. He apparently resembles a young Matt Damon... and his character was in the meth business.

Discord was in the show, too. He has a very sad story, but I could annoy Crazed by calling his daughter "Screwball." ^_^

But yeah, look him up. Definitely a Skywalker Spawn.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-22-14 05:27 PM EDT (US)     434 / 1659       
You're right, he has "Ben Skywalker" written all over him.

...But I'm not seeing the Matt Damon resemblance at all. Granted, I've seen Matt Damon in only a few films (and I'm not sure Titan A.E. counts, being animated and all...), but still...

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-22-14 05:30 PM EDT (US)     435 / 1659       
Maybe it was the haircut? I didn't watch the season of Breaking Bad where he joined the cast.

John Rambo
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-14 07:01 PM EDT (US)     436 / 1659       
I'm curious if any of you guys know something about the Project Black light on facebook. Is a third KotOR really happening?

John Rambo
_|_
|

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?”
― T.S. Eliot
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-14 07:06 PM EDT (US)     437 / 1659       
Last I heard about KotOR 3 was that TOR is "KotOR 3 through 13" or some such nonsense.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-14 07:08 PM EDT (US)     438 / 1659       
I can neither confirm nor deny that...

Jk, I know nothing - I was talking to someone on the team last year, but everything is very hush-hush. Maybe because they've got loads of stuff under the covers, or maybe because they've not got anything to show for it! Dunno, just speculation.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-23-14 07:56 PM EDT (US)     439 / 1659       
Bit of a delayed reaction...
Is it me, or is the inside of the escape pod hatch a very deep but vibrant blue? Like... bluescreen blue. I'll check the tape of the original to see if it's an SE thing.
I just watched the opening of ANH, pre-SE. That is bluescreen blue in the DVD SE release. Real. ****ing. Nice.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 01-23-2014 @ 08:00 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 01-23-14 07:58 PM EDT (US)     440 / 1659       
I'm curious if any of you guys know something about the Project Black light on facebook. Is a third KotOR really happening?
Have a look at what group this "Black Light" thing belongs to.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-23-14 08:02 PM EDT (US)     441 / 1659       
Just looked them up on Facebook; got some church youth group.

John Rambo
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-14 08:35 PM EDT (US)     442 / 1659       
Well, mainly I'm asking because Expanding Battlegrounds was the page that shared it. And that's all I know, so I'm wondering if something is actually being done and if anyone here knows about it (I assume Dallows would) or if it's a hoax/passing idea.

https://www.facebook.com/KOTORIII

John Rambo
_|_
|

― T.S. Eliot
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 01-23-14 08:40 PM EDT (US)     443 / 1659       
Well, remember when I mentioned us talking to Chris Avellone...?

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-23-14 08:57 PM EDT (US)     444 / 1659       
So it's a fan-led project (presumably involving Chris Avellone, based on your last comment) that hopes to pitch the project to EA...or finish it anyway if EA doesn't buy it? Impressive. I was going to ask if they planned to try a Kickstarter, but I suppose that would violate copyright...

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 01-23-2014 @ 08:57 PM).]

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-23-14 10:00 PM EDT (US)     445 / 1659       
One does not simply kickstart IPs now under the Disney brand.

But sweet.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 01-23-14 11:46 PM EDT (US)     446 / 1659       
Disney has to own your SOUL first

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
John Rambo
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-14 10:06 AM EDT (US)     447 / 1659       
KotOR is still one my favorite games so I'm a little skeptical, but it would be pretty awesome if it happened.

John Rambo
_|_
|

― T.S. Eliot
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-24-14 11:55 AM EDT (US)     448 / 1659       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Testes

Wookieepedia, you really don't need to be so damned comprehensive. I'm pretty sure most of your readers know what testes are. And, judging by that picture, I'd guess an article on the anus is coming soon, too.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-14 12:39 PM EDT (US)     449 / 1659       
...I really don't know what to say to that. O_O

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 01-24-14 01:19 PM EDT (US)     450 / 1659       
I guess with the hiatus that's essentially going on in the SWU extended material right now, people just try to add whatever information they can find from old sources
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames