You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1655 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36 37 38 39 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-31-2019 @ 03:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-17-15 06:48 PM EDT (US)     1111 / 1655       
...No, actually. I don't really feel like banning you when you beat the poor horse.

Maybe kicking you in the shins, but not banning.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 06-17-15 07:14 PM EDT (US)     1112 / 1655       
Kick me in the shins and I burn every piece of MLP memorabilia you own

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-17-15 07:17 PM EDT (US)     1113 / 1655       
...I still don't own any. That's Sarthos.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-17-15 07:38 PM EDT (US)     1114 / 1655       
Oh son of a bitch. >_<

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-17-15 07:48 PM EDT (US)     1115 / 1655       
Who likes looking at historical maps? <_<

Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 06-17-15 09:55 PM EDT (US)     1116 / 1655       
Um, me I suppose?

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 06-17-15 10:01 PM EDT (US)     1117 / 1655       
Me, too. Actually, I love old maps--mostly for aesthetic reasons, since I couldn't really read a map to save my life. No sense of direction. None.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-18-15 02:13 AM EDT (US)     1118 / 1655       
I enjoy it. And most of the time I usually know what the hell I'm looking at

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-18-15 06:05 AM EDT (US)     1119 / 1655       
And who likes making maps, especially campaign maps?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-18-15 01:34 PM EDT (US)     1120 / 1655       
Yeah, hell no. Couldn't make a map to save my life.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 06-18-15 04:38 PM EDT (US)     1121 / 1655       
If you find someone, do point them my way; I still can't get so much as a sketch of my conworld that I'm satisfied with.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-18-15 06:20 PM EDT (US)     1122 / 1655       
Okay, let me put it another way... the map is made. But it needs borders. Logical borders.

And I don't want to doodle on some 400 images. <_<

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-15 01:07 AM EDT (US)     1123 / 1655       
Define borders. Like, areas of influence? Galactic regions?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-19-15 09:50 AM EDT (US)     1124 / 1655       
A chain of orbital bookstores?

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-19-15 10:10 AM EDT (US)     1125 / 1655       
Basically, claimed and held territory, yeah.

I've got some rough guidelines (Coruscant: Imperial, Telos: Alliance, Muunilinst: CSA) but it's a lot of good-sized images that basically need a splash of blue, red (which needs to be changed), or yellow layer. <_<

...Also, I'm tempted to make an Imperial Army recruiting poster with the new enlisted shoulder straps... "Real men wear pink: join the Imperial Assault Armor Division Today!"

Because Second World War German tank crews were designated by pink piping on their uniforms where the infantry would have white. And the Empire = Space WW2 Germany.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 06-19-2015 @ 12:55 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-19-15 04:50 PM EDT (US)     1126 / 1655       
While I couldn't draw them for you, I could at the very least provide input on it. And if the red is supposed to represent the Alliance, have you considered green?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-19-15 04:52 PM EDT (US)     1127 / 1655       
Sure, why not?

So, I've started in on it. Already running into technical issues... apparently, my brilliant calculations weren't quite brilliant enough and several planets have an unacceptable degree of shift. I am not regenerating some four hundred 25 megapixel images.

So arrrgh...

Anyway, so far I know the Empire controls Kuat, Coruscant, Anaxes, the Perlemian at least up to Brentaal, Byss and likely the planets that connect to it (Koros through Prakith). The Alliance is headquartered at Telos, with Mon Calamari and Sullust as major industrial centers. The Corporate Sector is intact and also controls Muunilinst.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 06-19-2015 @ 11:02 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-26-15 06:58 AM EDT (US)     1128 / 1655       
"The Clone Wars have always been, in and of themselves, from their very inception, the revenge of the Sith. They were irresistible bait. They took place in remote locations, on planets that belonged, primarily, to 'somebody else.' They were fought by expendable proxies. And they were constructed as a win-win situation. The Clone Wars were the perfect Jedi trap. By fighting at all, the Jedi lost."
And by watching at all, the fans lost.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 06-26-15 10:51 AM EDT (US)     1129 / 1655       
And by watching at all, the fans lost.
It's what made me throw in the towel.

Had the Clone Wars actually played out as described, however, I would have been a fan--but that's not exactly the mumbo-jumbo that happened on screen.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-26-15 05:01 PM EDT (US)     1130 / 1655       
How exactly was it described, though?

All we know is Jedi fought in it. And Anakin was among them. In fact, a lot of early EU stuff suggests that the aftermath of the Clone Wars was what led to the corruption and rot in the Republic, and in turn allowed Palpatine, under the guise of the incorruptible reformer, to rise to power.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 06-26-15 06:57 PM EDT (US)     1131 / 1655       
How exactly was it described, though?
No, I mean had it played out as described in what you quoted. To me, Palpatine is only an interesting villain if he is a puppet-master, a grand architect who engineers all events to come out according to his grand design. In the prequels, he looked a lot more like an opportunistic vulture, take advantage of events rather than orchestrating them.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-26-15 07:12 PM EDT (US)     1132 / 1655       
But... he did orchestrate them...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 06-26-15 07:17 PM EDT (US)     1133 / 1655       
That's the worst part. He was running both sides and it still felt like he was an opportunistic vulture taking advantage of events as they came up.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-26-15 07:39 PM EDT (US)     1134 / 1655       
I miss going on technical rants about SW. With the EU dead, and Disney not turning out technical stuff because... six year olds can't do thermodynamics... Moff no can has rants.

Gimme something to rant about!

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 07-16-15 01:04 AM EDT (US)     1135 / 1655       
Excerpt of the upcoming novel Aftermath: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/7846/aftermath-star-wars-by-chuck-wendig/

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 07-16-15 08:24 AM EDT (US)     1136 / 1655       
Okay, that tears it. They're totally poaching characters from Crazed, his cousin, and me.

EDIT: Huh. Apparently, the book also covers what happens on Coruscant when the camera cuts away in RotJ SE. Spoiler: it's not pretty.

And also, a father putting a rock in his 12-year old child's hand to throw at armored and armed Imperial airspeeders. 4 TEH GR8 JUSTICEZ

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 07-16-2015 @ 02:00 PM).]

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 07-16-15 10:37 PM EDT (US)     1137 / 1655       
Yeah, I read the longer excerpt too. Responsible parenting FTW. Also, how is it that average citizens were able to watch the destruction of the Empire's top secret battle station? Is there a galactic Periscope app that someone was using???

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 07-17-15 06:50 AM EDT (US)     1138 / 1655       
I imagine it was piped in from the Rebels; hacking the network or something. They actually went into more detail in the EU version, where some guy took datatapes and they broke into the major broadcasting center.

Or maybe when the Reapers and Daleks joined the Empire, they knew it would help flush out traitors.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 07-17-2015 @ 06:39 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-31-15 10:15 AM EDT (US)     1139 / 1655       
Enough of this nonsense, it's baby time.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-31-15 11:44 AM EDT (US)     1140 / 1655       
Like the Flesh, this is a GIFT!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36 37 38 39 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames