You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1655 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-31-2019 @ 03:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 09-26-14 05:26 PM EDT (US)     901 / 1655       
Originally, I just pulled things from the films, plus EU favorites.

First off, there's way too many Fanservice Species. Secondly, even in the cantina scene alone, there's how many one-off random aliens made from bits and pieces of other costumes, then given door-stopper writeups over the years as every single aspect of their "culture" (usually some kind of hat) was written into the EU.

But I'm thinking of keeping something like the Hutts... but including their ancient history. I like that angle. Essential Guide to Warfare is a pretty big influence. I'd like to focus on the less humanoid species; I'd really like to limit the "humans with rubber foreheads/body paint" angle... but I probably won't eliminate it entirely.

And that's if this idea even sees the light of day. It's neck-and-neck with SWVII and which one gets more written on it a particular hour depends on what's holding sway in my mind at the moment: certain plots dependent on SW elements, a desire for total creative freedom, whether laser guns or machine guns are cooler...

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 09-26-14 07:03 PM EDT (US)     902 / 1655       
Well, when I think "aliens in Star Wars" I think of a few specific species: Twi'leks, Rodians, Wookiees and maybe a handful of others immediately spring to mind. But when taking Mass Effect as an example, there are a few species that are very prominent (I'm thinking Asari and Turian, maybe Salarian too) and others that feature less heavily (Drell, Elcor, Volus), so there's more room for adding species that we're less likely to see: maybe Chiss, Bith, Zabrak. It also depends upon the context that you're aiming for: like the Sith, while being extremely important in SW history, don't feature that much and are arguably less iconic than even some of SW's lesser species.

Mass Effect is a good model to go by, but they're more physically diverse than SW aliens. Sure, Wookiees and Gamorians are bigger and tougher, but Twi'leks, Zabrak, Chiss and Rodians are only really different aesthetically. I bring this up because I was about to suggest modelling the structure directly to Mass Effect's, loosely assigning each alien a SW counterpart, but I don't think it would work as well. You could still do that though - it's a nice system, because each Mass effect species has their own specific qualities. More difficult to apply to Star Wars, but possible, I think, at a stretch.

Disclaimer: I write this after a... hectic night out and several drinks (more than I intended, but I got home safely )

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 09-26-14 08:34 PM EDT (US)     903 / 1655       
Twi'leks better be on your list. They have blue ladies

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-26-14 08:42 PM EDT (US)     904 / 1655       
But Zeltrons are such a lovely shade of crimson...

Twi'leks are too phallic, anyway. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 09-26-14 08:49 PM EDT (US)     905 / 1655       
I don't usually describe "hot pink," "baby pink," or "magenta" as "crimson."

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-26-14 08:58 PM EDT (US)     906 / 1655       
True, but crimson sounds classier.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-27-14 04:56 PM EDT (US)     907 / 1655       
Too bad it's incorrect

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-27-14 05:39 PM EDT (US)     908 / 1655       
I'm sure some are. I mean, asari can be downright purple to a really pale blue. Surely Zeltrons get a little variation in there, too. I mean, a planet where everyone is the exact same shade of pink, or blue (Chiss), or green (Trek's Orion)... first, Unfortunately Implications, and second, boring.

Gorog
Clone Trooper
(id: Bando_Gora1138)
posted 09-27-14 06:20 PM EDT (US)     909 / 1655       

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-27-14 06:39 PM EDT (US)     910 / 1655       
I think those were posted earlier in the thread; definitely saw that before.

Honestly, I kinda disagree with his take. It seems... a little disjointed. The fundamentals are good (HAVE A MAIN CHARACTER; FOLLOW), but some of his tweaks and details are... ehhh.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-14 04:56 PM EDT (US)     911 / 1655       
His EP1 ideas were okay, but overall, and including 2 & 3, I didn't like it.

I still prefer my idea of how the PT should have gone. Anakin be Luke's age from ANH, and have the clone wars start in episode 1.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-14 05:21 PM EDT (US)     912 / 1655       
I still prefer my idea of how the PT should have gone. Anakin be Luke's age from ANH, and have the clone wars start in episode 1.
+1 And make the Clone Wars a minimum of ten years and have non-clone, non-droid, non-Jedi casualties.

And instead of telling me that Anakin is a hero and paragon of virtue when all I see is a whiny brat, how about actually showing some of that heroicism before having him spontaneously fall to the dark side with virtually no prompting?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-29-14 05:22 PM EDT (US)     913 / 1655       
And I like my idea of BURN IT ALL AND BRING FORTH A NEW ERA OF STAR WARS. WITH WARS BETWEEN THE STARS. AND GIANT STARSHIPS OF AWESOMENESS TRADING BROADSIDES IN NEWTONIAN SPACE.

And forget this silly, hippie "One with the universe" while holding a sword thing. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-14 05:29 PM EDT (US)     914 / 1655       
And I like my idea of BURN IT ALL
Stop there and it's the best idea I've heard yet.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-29-14 05:32 PM EDT (US)     915 / 1655       
...The rest of it is nice, too... especially when you can throw in a couple planets of religious zealots, with one a bit more sympathetic than the other...

...It still fits SW pretty well. Tython versus Korrib--sorry, MORIBAND.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 09-29-2014 @ 05:33 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-14 07:53 PM EDT (US)     916 / 1655       
On which note, the Masadans have just entered the Yeltsin's Star System.

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 09-29-14 10:00 PM EDT (US)     917 / 1655       
Moriband?

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-14 11:53 PM EDT (US)     918 / 1655       
Dave Filoni dumbassery. Not unlike Mac's. This is all you need to know.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-30-14 06:02 AM EDT (US)     919 / 1655       
No. George Lucas dumbassery. He picked it himself. Dave gets a pass on this one.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-14 01:10 PM EDT (US)     920 / 1655       
Well at least Mac is gonna have friends when I send him to hell.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-14 01:22 PM EDT (US)     921 / 1655       
I think "Moribaund" pretty well describes Star Wars.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-30-14 01:44 PM EDT (US)     922 / 1655       
Indeed. Also, Darth Bane is apparently the first Sith Lord. <_<

Because if you're gonna throw out the continuity, you might as well burn all the bridges you've closed! :D

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-14 01:51 PM EDT (US)     923 / 1655       
B-b-b-but Revan! Traya! Sion! Kun! Qel-Droma! Naga Sadow! Ajunta Pall! Ludo Kressh! Okay, I'll be honest. Canon can do what it likes with Pall and Kressh. But Sadow, Kun, and Qel-Droma are still pretty important...

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-30-14 01:53 PM EDT (US)     924 / 1655       
There's even a Gungan Sith Lord somewhere... surprised there's no Ewok, as long as we're completing the fan-hate set.

But then, Ewoks are probably too noble in their savage ways to do that. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-14 02:01 PM EDT (US)     925 / 1655       

Close enough.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-30-14 02:03 PM EDT (US)     926 / 1655       
Why is that not Crazed's avatar? <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 09-30-14 02:05 PM EDT (US)     927 / 1655       
That would be incredibly appropriate. Kinda like back when I actually had Admiral Zaarin as my avatar before it changed successively to Captain Hook (2003), Kaidan Alenko, and Tracer Bullet.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-30-14 02:35 PM EDT (US)     928 / 1655       
...I wonder if George added an Ewok Jedi to his treatment... and a Gungan one...

Speaking of which:
If Movies Were Realistic, #6:

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-01-2014 @ 11:16 AM).]

Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 10-16-14 06:56 AM EDT (US)     929 / 1655       
There's a Humble Star Wars Comics Bundle on right now with the first volumes of some of Dark Horse's Star Wars comics.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-19-14 08:11 AM EDT (US)     930 / 1655       
Meh. Already have all of the Legacy comics; don't need a second set. And Dark Empire omnibus.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames