You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1655 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22 23 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-31-2019 @ 03:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 02-14-14 12:59 PM EDT (US)     601 / 1655       
Never thought I'd see a sentence like that

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-14-14 01:57 PM EDT (US)     602 / 1655       
So, Cowboy Jedi isn't the main character of Rebels. This douche is:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ezra_Bridger

Say hi to Padsoka Mark 2.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 02-14-14 02:08 PM EDT (US)     603 / 1655       
...stole...helmets...?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-14 02:30 PM EDT (US)     604 / 1655       
I missed that. Wow. WHAT A BRAVE AND NOBLE ACT AGAINST TYRANNY!

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-14-14 03:06 PM EDT (US)     605 / 1655       
Indeed. Imagine him with a Stormtrooper helmet on, I guess they're the most common helmets - it would hide his ridiculous "blue-black hair".

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-14 03:11 PM EDT (US)     606 / 1655       
I'm sure he'll customize it... or have three or four to maximize action figure possibilities.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-14-14 04:44 PM EDT (US)     607 / 1655       
On different note, I finally got round to starting my Starkiller story. I doubt I'll have content for a full thing, but a few chapters of key moments (of my own design, actually taking very little from the original story). Would any one be interested in reading it once I get it done?

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-14 04:59 PM EDT (US)     608 / 1655       
Hmmm. Well... uh. In that you're writing it, yes... but I avoid most TFU things as a rule. So, the author is the only thing that would make me take a look.

Just to be brutally honest. So, go for it.

THAT IS NOT A PROPER IMPERIAL UNIFORM...

Unless...

They belt the pants, then belt the tunic on top? Dallows, do you belt Class A trousers when bearing a belt around the jacket?

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-14-2014 @ 05:01 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-14-14 06:28 PM EDT (US)     609 / 1655       
I'd be interested. I wasn't a fan of TFU, but I can see where some parts of it might have potential.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-14-14 06:29 PM EDT (US)     610 / 1655       
They belt the pants, then belt the tunic on top? Dallows, do you belt Class A trousers when bearing a belt around the jacket?
The Army doesn't do the jacket-belt thing. For those that do, like the Marine Corps, you still wear a belt for your trousers. The jacket belt really doesn't do a whole lot other than look neat, since it's usually above your actual belt line.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-14-2014 @ 06:36 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-14 06:33 PM EDT (US)     611 / 1655       
Interesting. Two belts seems like they'd be uncomfortable.
The Army doesn't do the jacket-belt thing.
Meh, that's what I get for recalling things from MASH.

Also... my co-GM at VII pointed out something interesting about our new Rebels' protagonist.

CGI Aladdin. Can you unsee? <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-14-2014 @ 06:35 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-14-14 06:39 PM EDT (US)     612 / 1655       
Interesting. Two belts seems like they'd be uncomfortable.
Eh, no more uncomfortable than the rest of the uniform.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-14-2014 @ 06:40 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-14 07:07 PM EDT (US)     613 / 1655       
Ah, but do you know what this means?

Imp uniform pants have pockets! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

That was actually an issue of debate. <_<

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-14-14 07:37 PM EDT (US)     614 / 1655       
Do they? It looks like there's only back pockets. Unless the front pocket opening are along the seam.

Or they could be those 'fake pockets' that a lot of military uniforms have; a flap of loose material that looks like a pocket should be there but actually isn't.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-14 07:44 PM EDT (US)     615 / 1655       
Yeah, I think they have seam pockets.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-14-14 08:32 PM EDT (US)     616 / 1655       
CGI Aladdin. Can you unsee? <_<
And the reason for the Disney buyout is revealed. And we'll know for sure when he starts singing "One Jump Ahead," since it sounds like he's also "riffraff, street rat."

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 00:28 AM EDT (US)     617 / 1655       
Riffraff, SPACE rat

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-15-14 08:49 AM EDT (US)     618 / 1655       
Yes, everything must be spacier. For instance, there are no backwater planets; they're backrocket.

Just another reason I love Dan Wallace: he throws that shit out the window.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 11:04 AM EDT (US)     619 / 1655       
For instance, there are no backwater planets; they're backrocket.
But...I've heard "backwater" used a gazillion times in Star Wars.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-15-14 11:29 AM EDT (US)     620 / 1655       
Then don't read Death Star. That's my one huge issue with it: spacey phrases for the sake of space.

It even annoys me in Honor Harrington... but at least some of the cases can be accounted for by linguistic drift (no one knows what a yard is, so it's "the whole nine meters").

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 11:42 AM EDT (US)     621 / 1655       
Yeah, I do my best to avoid "spaciness"--especially since I explicitly state that my characters don't speak English anyway. They speak a descendant of English called Marsish.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-15-14 11:46 AM EDT (US)     622 / 1655       
...Marsish? Not... Martian?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 11:59 AM EDT (US)     623 / 1655       
I chose to avoid "Martian" for a few reasons. First I wanted to suggest that Marsish, while descended from English, has developed different derivative morphology than English--while English uses the same word for languages as for ethnic/national adjectives (cf. "English" or "French") Marsish does not. I also wanted to emphasize that it is a descendant of English--hence the English "-ish" suffix rather than the Latin-derived "Martian." Plus, "Martian" evokes cheesy 50s science fiction.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-15-14 12:03 PM EDT (US)     624 / 1655       
In one of the early versions of my novel, the protagonist was married to a Martian.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 12:05 PM EDT (US)     625 / 1655       
And one of my four human protagonists is Martian. A surprisingly low number considering Mars is the human capital. Since I kind of shattered Earth's crust, blew off most of its oxygen, and filled its atmosphere with choking ash and dust.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 02-15-2014 @ 12:06 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 01:05 PM EDT (US)     626 / 1655       
I kind of shattered Earth's crust, blew off most of its oxygen, and filled its atmosphere with choking ash and dust.
...you bastard.

That was not a very nice thing to do, Zaarin.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 01:47 PM EDT (US)     627 / 1655       
Yeah, yeah, so I killed Earth. It launched a golden age of interstellar colonization. You should thank me. Except for the fact that that rapid colonization kind of pissed off humans' unknown stellar neighbors and resulted in a devastating war that pretty much sent humans crawling back to Sol. But what's a little near-genocide among friends?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-15-14 01:53 PM EDT (US)     628 / 1655       
Depends on the species, turian.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 02:05 PM EDT (US)     629 / 1655       
Well, the gqund are warlike and imperialistic but they don't tend to be brutal post-conquest. Mostly interstellar politics keeps them in check (basically, every other nation is more or less in league against them, which keeps them from doing whatever they want), but unfortunately interstellar politics kind of broke down at about the same time humans showed up. So...imagine Mass Effect if the asari had been engaged in a massive civil war at first contact.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-14 02:34 PM EDT (US)     630 / 1655       
So...imagine Mass Effect if the asari had been engaged in a massive civil war
...Cat fight!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22 23 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames