You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1655 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 08-31-2019 @ 03:04 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 10-12-13 05:45 PM EDT (US)     31 / 1655       
Considering players can fix the ME2 Conrad Verner bug with a single button, it really is baffling that EA never bothered.
What?
Bethesda adds new bugs while fixing old ones; EA just doesn't fix them in the first place.
You're going to patch a five-year old game after everyone's forgotten the bug? >_>
They released patches for ME2--it would have taken them less than 0.2 seconds to fix the Verner bug!
Well, it's not like it was game breaking... and since the Paragon response would've meant NO Conrade in ME2, I think most people were willing to overlook it.

Since, you know... he would've gone back to his wife. That would've had to have no. Instead of the shrine.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-12-2013 @ 05:48 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-12-13 05:46 PM EDT (US)     32 / 1655       
They released two or three patches for the game--it should have been fixed in the first one.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 10-12-13 05:48 PM EDT (US)     33 / 1655       
Except that would make sense.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 05:48 PM EDT (US)     34 / 1655       
Edited to keep up with you.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:54 PM EDT (US)     35 / 1655       
What?
Use a save game editor. And no, he doesn't sit home--he still becomes a vigilante, just a nicer one.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 05:58 PM EDT (US)     36 / 1655       
I never did get one... probably gonna save me 120 hours on my Miranda-mancing MShep (currently just left Xawin and found Willem) and my Traynor-mancing FemShep (...just got to the Citadel). Also, I need an MShep for Cortez and Kaidan, FemShep for Thane...

...Oh dear, this is Anything SW, isn't it? Well, Mass Effect is SW for people over eight.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:01 PM EDT (US)     37 / 1655       
FemShep for Thane...
Thane is a great LI--I'd say he's actually tied with Kaidan for my favorite.

I currently have a BroShep in ME1 who's going to romance Jack; then I'll probably skip ME1 and use a save game editor for a FemShep to romance Garrus. Then...I'll probably be done.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 06:03 PM EDT (US)     38 / 1655       
On the other hand... this is also letting play out the Engineer and Adept classes. Not used to having a pistol as my weapon.

Even less used to how shockingly effective it is compared to later incarnations.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:08 PM EDT (US)     39 / 1655       
I think Adept is my favorite class--my not-quite-finished ultra-Paragon is an Adept. Vanguard isn't far behind it. I'm not enjoying my Soldier very much. Sentinel was okay--more useful in ME1 where you actually have to have tech abilities to open doors.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:14 PM EDT (US)     40 / 1655       
Solder is awesome.

Carnage + HE rounds + 2x Scram Rail = dead sons of bitches.

Granted any class that can use a shotgun can do this, but solds have heavy armor

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 06:26 PM EDT (US)     41 / 1655       
Yeah, I played soldier for my first two. Also, Revenant and Mattock in ME2.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:32 PM EDT (US)     42 / 1655       
I love the Mattock. Oh so very much. Revenant is okay, I seem to miss more shots than land, so I don't bother with it.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:35 PM EDT (US)     43 / 1655       
It is nice not having to have Ashley tag along with me everywhere.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 06:35 PM EDT (US)     44 / 1655       
Sam used a Revenant after she picked it up... then I got the Arrival DLC, and after getting out of the medbay, I switched to the Vindicator to see...

And with Shredder rounds... oh my God, it was a beautiful murder machine.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:40 PM EDT (US)     45 / 1655       
I also loved the soldier, which was also my first two playthroughs. I started an infiltrator, but I've got bogged down with work and Far Cry 3

Mattock was my best friend in ME2 - with the various ammo powers available to the soldier, it could take just about anything if you handled the squad given powers as well. I remember using the Revenant on Omega - it was good for tight situations when enemies are up close, so would probably work well against husks. With incendiary ammo, if there are a few enemies in the open then a quick "spray" with the Revenant would usually take them out; I think that's why it was good on Omega, where the enemies liked to rush rather than hunker down.

EDIT: I also remember using the Vindicator a fair bit, though it doesn't strike me as one I really liked. Must have been the best available for a while.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~

[This message has been edited by ISOmetric (edited 10-12-2013 @ 06:42 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 06:42 PM EDT (US)     46 / 1655       
I like giving it to the squadmates in ME3. Too unstable for Shepard... but Garrus doesn't miss.

I wonder what would happen if you gave a Stormtrooper access to the guns from the Mass Effect universe. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:43 PM EDT (US)     47 / 1655       
I think I've mentioned before that I'm a fan of biotics; I also really like the precision of the pistol (though my latest playthrough has me hooked on sniper rifles ).

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 06:46 PM EDT (US)     48 / 1655       
For several ME1 playthroughs, I exclusively used sniper rifles. I was under the impression sniper kills give an XP bonus.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 06:52 PM EDT (US)     49 / 1655       
I love sniping in every single game I play. It's better now I have a PC that can actually run games where a sniper comes in handy without getting choppy when a character moves...

So yeah, I'm always on the look out for snipers in any game that I'm playing. In Mass Effect I loved the Black Widow, Valiant and Indra, though in multiplayer I reverted back to my level ten old school Mantis and Viper, for some of the banners I wanted to get.

Though multiplayer classes also made me appreciate shotguns and SMGs, depending on the class. My favourite SMG has to be the N7 Hurricane. The Locust is good too, as a long range light weapon when I'm packing a shotgun.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 07:04 PM EDT (US)     50 / 1655       
...I would just like to congratulate us on staying on topic for a whole seventeen posts before making 32 about Mass Effect. Good thing the local mod doesn't mind.

But yeah, sniper rifles and assault rifles are great. Before I downloaded any DLC for ME2 (so no Locust), my SMG-using Sheps would take sniper specialization and I'd use the Viper as a semiautomatic rifle.

In SW, all of the guns are semiauto. Except repeating blasters. BECAUSE SCREW BATTLEFRONT AND DF/JK/JO/JA GAME MECHANICS.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:07 PM EDT (US)     51 / 1655       
IMO assault rifles are kind of boring--definitely my least favorite weapon.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 07:14 PM EDT (US)     52 / 1655       
Well, they cover all situations, basically. You call it boring, I call it practical.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:23 PM EDT (US)     53 / 1655       
Well, my sniper adept has all situations covered too--just slam 'em with biotics if they get too close.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 07:25 PM EDT (US)     54 / 1655       
Sniper Vanguards have it better... shotgun, or... if you're feeling lazy about swapping guns...

SHOCKWAVE, BITCHES!

...Hey, there's something that doesn't have a direct Force power analog. Could Jack own Luke?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:32 PM EDT (US)     55 / 1655       
Jack would have Luke whimpering in a corner.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 07:35 PM EDT (US)     56 / 1655       

Also, sorry again about the Ewok song.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:54 PM EDT (US)     57 / 1655       
No worries--it's better than the glazed look I'm used to getting whenever I bring up linguistics.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:54 PM EDT (US)     58 / 1655       
Jack would have Luke whimpering in a corner.
Movie Luke probably. EU Luke...

EDIT: Wait, Zaar, can you even see this video?

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 10-12-2013 @ 07:57 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:59 PM EDT (US)     59 / 1655       
Which EU Luke? EU Luke varies between Zahn's farmboy and NJO/LotF's murderous Starkiller variant.

...And yes I can see the video...Why?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-12-13 08:04 PM EDT (US)     60 / 1655       
Yeah, EU Luke is either mopey, superpowered, or God forbid, both.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 56  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames