Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-14-14 12:52 PM EDT (US)     421 / 1043       
Eh, they sprung the droids way too early IMO. But I guess those toys gotta sell!

Space Aladdin still annoys me, but I like the way Zeb's backstory was at least given a nod. I hope it becomes more prominent, as I expect they will be seeing Kallus a fair bit more.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 10-14-14 12:57 PM EDT (US)     422 / 1043       
And Kallus was actually competent... actually, he's more menacing than Grievous ever was after the Tartakovsky cartoon finished (I'm including ROTS and BF2).

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-14-14 01:31 PM EDT (US)     423 / 1043       
RotS Grievous wasn't much more menacing than he was in TCW. I give him a villain rating of "Elmer Fudd."

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-14-14 01:42 PM EDT (US)     424 / 1043       
I don't know who else saw it besides myself and Iso, so I'll try not to spoil.

But there's a moment where Kallus is challenged when he's knocked down by an explosion... and just starts laughing maniacally. And far from being silly, it's--well, to me, it was badass--but to a kid it could be genuinely scary. Then he gets up and proceeds to beat seven kinds of snot out of the member of the crew that challenged him, even as he goads and taunts and further enrages him or her.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-20-14 08:09 PM EDT (US)     425 / 1043       
Apparently, Rodians have quarian accents.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-21-14 08:35 PM EDT (US)     426 / 1043       
Which quarian accent? Tali's quasi-Indian accent? Tali's less quasi-Indian accent? Shala'Raan's Persian accent? Kal'Reegar's stereotyped Marine accent? Han'Gerrel's, Daro'Xen's, and Zal'Korris's British accents?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 06:04 AM EDT (US)     427 / 1043       
Tali and Veetor's pseudo-Russo-Indian hybrid.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-22-14 08:47 AM EDT (US)     428 / 1043       
...Sounded like Scots to me.. Will have to listen again... :s

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 08:54 AM EDT (US)     429 / 1043       
Well, he shifted around a bit. It was his first line in English.

EDIT: OH MY GOD DATA IS GOING TO BE IN REBELS

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-22-2014 @ 08:55 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-22-14 10:05 AM EDT (US)     430 / 1043       
That could almost tempt me to watch. Let me know when Patrick Stewart shows up.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 10:20 AM EDT (US)     431 / 1043       
...You want another Uriel Septim performance?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-22-14 10:26 AM EDT (US)     432 / 1043       
No, I don't. I take it back. Actually, I don't want anyone awesome on Rebels because they'd be too awesome for it. They can have...Shia LeBoeuf or something.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-22-14 11:24 AM EDT (US)     433 / 1043       
Watched the first few episodes... and I don't hate them?

There's a problem here, this actually doesn't suck...

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 10-22-2014 @ 11:27 AM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 11:29 AM EDT (US)     434 / 1043       
To Dallows, you listen.

I mean, it is faint praise to say, "It's not like having white-hot spikes rammed into your skull!" But... that is what we expected. <_<

DATA: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gall_Trayvis

He kinda looks like him. >_>

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-22-2014 @ 11:35 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-22-14 02:24 PM EDT (US)     435 / 1043       
Isn't that the third Indian he's played now?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 02:30 PM EDT (US)     436 / 1043       
Errm, what?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-22-14 02:35 PM EDT (US)     437 / 1043       
Noonian Soong was Indian apparently. Which implies that Arik Soong was Indian apparently. And Trayvis actually looks more Indian than either Soong.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 03:13 PM EDT (US)     438 / 1043       
Pallid white, with blue eyes?

And I don't think Arik or Doctor Noonien Soong were Indian. Granted, the real Mr. Soong was, if I remember right...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-22-14 04:00 PM EDT (US)     439 / 1043       
Naming your character Noonian Soong and saying he isn't Indian is like naming your character Juan Sanchez and saying he isn't Latino. On the other hand, I don't think Zaeed Massani is an Arab, either.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-14 05:17 PM EDT (US)     440 / 1043       
...Read more Honor. You will run into Fujimori.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-29-14 06:59 PM EDT (US)     441 / 1043       
Um, wow. So... just got done watching the new episode from Monday. And... wow. The Inquisitor is everything Grievous and Dooku should have been, rolled into one.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-29-14 07:06 PM EDT (US)     442 / 1043       
The Inquisitor
Yeah, the Dragon Age Keep went into open beta today. It was actually pretty cool; didn't feel like a quiz at all, which was how the description sounded. I think I'm going to name my Dalish mage Inquisitor Aoife, despite Alix Wilton Regan's voice making me want to name her Goal. I wish ME had a Keep. Oh, we're not talking about Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-29-14 07:15 PM EDT (US)     443 / 1043       
I love Ms. Wilton Regan. But the Star Wars one is as good as her (at least, almost).

Seriously, this was a good one. And I really like the two main antagonists; they're not like SW villains at all. To borrow a phrase, both Kallus and the Inquisitor can certainly pour piss out of a boot without printed instructions on the heel. <_<

They can also provide wonderfully effective--and I daresay, engaging--adversaries to our heroes, who are themselves growing quite interesting. I even found myself calling her "Sabine" instead of "Mando Dash" or "Rainbow Fett." >_>

It's like Dave Filoni figured out how to direct people. Or they just got good voice actors instead of speech-to-text robots. Or maybe it's because, even though we know the characters will survive their predicament, we don't actually know it. We don't see them several years down the line in a poorly-acted film... so anything, theoretically, could happen.

Also, a wonderful and deliciously dark joke (just to not gush too much, allow me to interrupt with two negatives: Stormtroopers staring at grenades landing near them is getting old, and Brent Spiner needed much, much more airtime), with the news soundbyte of "...marking another successful planetary liberation, utilizing the Base Delta Zero initiative."

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-29-2014 @ 07:19 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-29-14 07:22 PM EDT (US)     444 / 1043       
Are these legitimately online anywhere?
I love Ms. Wilton Regan. But the Star Wars one is as good as her (at least, almost).
If my only knowledge of her were Traynor, I'd be inclined to say she was too nice for the role, but her performance as Goal changed my mine. Nice to see her get some leading roles; so far she's had six roles in DA but only one was in any way memorable and she had about five lines.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-29-14 07:29 PM EDT (US)     445 / 1043       
That's um... gray. <_<

Maybe on YouTube, for a while. >_>

Hmm. What if they cast Regan in Rebels? Preferably opposite Hale, of course.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-29-14 07:33 PM EDT (US)     446 / 1043       
Has Hale made her inevitable appearance yet?

I don't think they're adding any characters in Act 2, but I think Regan would make a great addition to the cast of Broken Age. It already has Jennifer Hale, Grey DeLisle, Cree Summer...Wil Wheaton...Elijah Wood who miraculously actually gives a good performance...

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-29-14 07:36 PM EDT (US)     447 / 1043       
No sign of FemShep yet. Not until you watch the SFDebris review of KotOR.

And not just as Bastila. <_<

But he does use the words Revan likely wanted to but couldn't because he was in a Star Wars production. >_>

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 10-30-14 02:39 PM EDT (US)     448 / 1043       
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how macabre and dark Monday's episode was? Aside from the flagrant deaths we're used to (stormtroopers), so many people have worried that Rebels would be Disneyfied to the point of bowdlerizing any dark themes in the show. Yet astral projection of the corpsical variety. That surprised me.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-30-14 05:06 PM EDT (US)     449 / 1043       
That wasn't astral projection. She ded. That was a hologram...

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 10-31-14 01:01 PM EDT (US)     450 / 1043       
I know. But in the moment, the audience (and Ezra) were certainly led to believe it was some kind of ghost or spirit until the narrative accounted for nature of the image. It was neat.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames