Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-17-14 08:43 PM EDT (US)     241 / 1043       
I like how he murders a wounded man for a hat. And we're supposed to cheer.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 02-17-14 08:43 PM EDT (US)     242 / 1043       
So we've had Lightsabers, and Lightwhips...now a Lightslingshot? That settles it. Filoni is DEFINITELY bunking with Mac in Hell.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-17-14 08:49 PM EDT (US)     243 / 1043       
It's worse. I think Filoni is running hell at this point.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 02-17-14 08:49 PM EDT (US)     244 / 1043       
I like how he murders a wounded man for a hat. And we're supposed to cheer.
Star Wars morality baffles me. If you're going to set up a system where the good guys are always good and the bad guys are always bad, fine...but not if the system is "whatever the good guys do is good and whatever the bad guys do is bad...because!" >_< I swear, if I hear Ahsoka cited as a good role model one more time...or see one more AhsokaxBariss ship. >_<

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 02-17-2014 @ 08:50 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-17-14 08:57 PM EDT (US)     245 / 1043       
Meh, Ahsoka/Barriss is just the Mara/Leia for the SW fan that grew up on the PT.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-17-14 08:59 PM EDT (US)     246 / 1043       
I really don't know why I still watch those two Star Wars art groups on dA--I rarely look at them and when I do I always regret it.

EDIT: Of course, it's better than the RarityXApplejack ships that have been proliferating in the MLP art group lately. *glares at "Simple Ways"* I'm mildly surprised that "Filli Vanilli" hasn't spawned a slew of FluttershyXBigMac, but I haven't seen any yet.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 02-17-2014 @ 09:01 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-17-14 09:05 PM EDT (US)     247 / 1043       
Hmmm. Was that an electric sling-shot? And what's going on with the logo? I'm getting rather frustrated by all the people who are vehemently defending this, saying that it actually keeps the spirit of SW. "Star Wars was made as a kids' show, stop judging it like an adult show!" Well, no, it wasn't specifically made as a kids' show to begin with, it appealed to a wide range of audiences which included kids. For me the prequels were kind of made for kids, with the Jar Jar and battledroid slapstick and pretty basic plots, but they had a lot of content that didn't appeal to kids too. Numerous politics scenes (which were dumbed down to make them appealing for kids, failing to make them interesting to adults and were pretty boring for kids anyway) were what really killed it for me. Not that there's anything wrong with political scenes - Game of Thrones is my favourite show on TV at the moment, and that is at least half politics (the remainder made up by gore, nudity, graphic battles and dragons) - I just (PERSONAL OPINION APPROACHING) think that they were badly done in the PT. I also wasn't a fan of the two leads in AotC or RotS (Portman and Christensen) but again that's just personal preference. Look at RotS - it had a 12a rating, and Anakin's Mustafar scene is pretty graphic for kids. I also know a few kids who were scared by Greivous' death; the fire spurting from his eyes, it's actually quite nightmarish when you think about it. So, if the film was specifically aimed at kids, why include that stuff? If it was specifically aimed at adults, why the abhorrent droid scenes? I think that the OT was aimed at all ages and hit he mark, the PT was aimed at all ages and missed. I think that's as coherently as I can put it in my current state. I can't even remember why I started arguing with myself now...

Gah, it's 3am, forgive me!

Final note, my youngest sister is a replica of me. She shares my opinions Portman. I once asked her what her favourite part in RotS was: "All the bits when Padme is dead." Legendary.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-17-14 09:05 PM EDT (US)     248 / 1043       
Yeah, first clue: Deviant Art.
I just (PERSONAL OPINION APPROACHING) think that they were badly done in the PT.
That's not an opinion; that's a damn fact. They're not even hamfisted in the way, say, Avatar does its politics. It's just... well, based on the way things are in ME3, it's clear Mac Walters can write politics better than George. It's awkward, clunky, nonsensical, and any kind of direction that's supposed to lead to anvils dropping is so utterly lost and muddled that it's boring.

Been talking to FA on Steam. <_<
I also know a few kids who were scared by Greivous' death; the fire spurting from his eyes, it's actually quite nightmarish when you think about it. So, if the film was specifically aimed at kids, why include that stuff?
I've quoted it once... and I've quoted it a thousand times... and I will happily do it again:

"But we gotta stick with the logic that these movies are supposedly made for kids, and some kind of thoughtful meditation scene [in lieu of the awkward scene where Obi-Wan either doesn't understand the concept of a barycenter--despite explaining it--or that someone can delete files in a computer system] would be too boring. If we got a scene where all these children hold lightsabers, the kids will love it. After all, these are just simple movies are made for kids and not adults at all, which is why they have: assassination attempts; sexual innuendo; decapitations; kidnap, torture, and suggested rape; hookers; boring political dialog; forced amputations; drug dealing; mass murder..."
If it was specifically aimed at adults, why the abhorrent droid scenes? I think that the OT was aimed at all ages and hit he mark, the PT was aimed at all ages and missed.
Here I disagree. OT was aimed at all ages, with Jedi heading down the scale a bit. PT, however, was aimed at kids, with random chunks of adult content to appeal to older fans. ROTS, however, was full-on adult audience... but with a man stuck in writing childish fantasies at the helm. So you get baby-story plot depth mixed with nightmarish imagery.

Same in TCW. Take the Mon Cal arc. At the end, you see the main villain bodily exploded. There's blood, chunks of body, and then his severed, bleeding head drifts by the camera with his eyes wide and white. However, the rest of it was written with an elementary-school playground level of skill. There was no tension, the "heroes" shouted generic heroic things that were hopelessly inapplicable, and things just made no sense if considered beyond the images flashing on the screen. But, for a Saturday morning cartoon... fine, whatever. But does the Saturday morning show need a blood-gushing severed head? How about having Ahsoka simultaneously decapitate four Mandalorians? Basically, SW has gone meta: they don't know what made it work--because it wasn't George on his own, so when he was on his own, he was lost--so they just mimic. Oh, Luke loses his hand--a serious injury and an indicator of how hopelessly outmatched he was in his first battle with Vader--and then he cuts off Vader's in the next one--to show that Luke has become Vader's equal and is very close to becoming Vader himself... barely catching himself before leaping into the abyss--so I guess that means we need to have limbs getting cut off because it's Star Warsy! I know I linked to an interview with Filoni where the interview notes Ahsoka's quadruple decapitation, in Season 4, and asks--tongue-in-cheek--if Season 5 will have a quintuple decapitation.

Filoni's response was a cheerful, "HELL YEAH!" Star Wars has become a self-parody at the most superficial level. It's Star Wars if, twenty years from now, all anyone knew about Star Wars was from YouTube fan videos. Unfortunately, this is done under the Lucasfilm label... so then everything must be contorted and twisted to fit these pale imitations, those thousand phantom siblings at the flank of the distilled and pure prototypes. :p

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-17-2014 @ 09:41 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-18-14 10:59 AM EDT (US)     249 / 1043       
I also wasn't a fan of the two leads in AotC or RotS (Portman and Christensen) but again that's just personal preference
No...their acting was bad. That is a fact.
Here I disagree. OT was aimed at all ages, with Jedi heading down the scale a bit. PT, however, was aimed at kids, with random chunks of adult content to appeal to older fans. ROTS, however, was full-on adult audience... but with a man stuck in writing childish fantasies at the helm. So you get baby-story plot depth mixed with nightmarish imagery.
Star Wars has become a self-parody at the most superficial level.
Without the benefit of being a self-aware self-parody.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-18-14 11:06 AM EDT (US)     250 / 1043       
Without the benefit of being a self-aware self-parody.
Precisely.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-19-14 05:00 PM EDT (US)     251 / 1043       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sabine

Sabine, Satine, Saltine... how creative. And a Mando, of course... because we need the armor in there somewhere. And yes, I know Sabine is a normal name. I'm just sure they'll mutilate the pronunciation.

EDIT:
Oh look. A picture.

For the love of all things holy...

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-19-2014 @ 05:03 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-19-14 06:05 PM EDT (US)     252 / 1043       
That's supposed to be a Mando? As if TCW wasn't bad enough...

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-19-14 06:12 PM EDT (US)     253 / 1043       
Huh, so skate punk = Mando. I had no idea. Also, I thought the Romans completely wiped out the Sabines.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-19-14 06:33 PM EDT (US)     254 / 1043       
She even has a picture of Spike on her left pauldron.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 02-19-14 06:36 PM EDT (US)     255 / 1043       
Oh look. A Mando who will never die. Karen Traviss returns...

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-19-14 06:38 PM EDT (US)     256 / 1043       
And she's apparently a Pegasister, so there's the grab for the Brony demographic.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-19-14 07:01 PM EDT (US)     257 / 1043       
You know, there was a brief time as a teenager when I wanted to dye my hair purple--and she's making me realize that I'm so glad I didn't.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-19-14 07:15 PM EDT (US)     258 / 1043       
Sabine was a Mandalorian Human female weapons expert who was active during[1] the reign of Galactic Emperor Palpatine[3] around 5 BBY.[2] She was also a graffitti artist who customized her armor and tagged a symbol whenever the crew of the Ghost struck Imperial targets.
I hate absolutely everything and everyone now.

Apparently, all Mandalorian women wear the Bo-Katan-style helmet... you know, instead of that being a unique and stylized version for one person who led a special unit...

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-19-2014 @ 07:17 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 04:31 AM EDT (US)     259 / 1043       
I'm quite annoyed about this phoenix business. It's clearly going to turn into the Rebel Logo. I even preferred when it was Galen Merek's family crest (or something) and was used to honour his sacrifice... or something.

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 06:21 AM EDT (US)     260 / 1043       
It still bothers you when Lucas changes one piece of content/lore he personally approved with another one? That's like a normal thing ever since the SW conception when he suddenly merged Darth Vader into Anakin after Ep4

[This message has been edited by Farlander (edited 02-20-2014 @ 06:21 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-20-14 08:55 AM EDT (US)     261 / 1043       
Yeah, but it's stuff that already has explanations... sometimes, multiple ones.

The Alliance Starbird is turning into Heath Ledger's Joker as far as multiple-choice origins go.

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 09:10 AM EDT (US)     262 / 1043       
Well, look on the bright side! Select your own canon! If you still care, that is I know I don't
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-20-14 09:13 AM EDT (US)     263 / 1043       
I've taken to writing my own.

NOW THE REBELLION WAS FOUNDED BY MAGICAL PONIES! And it still makes more sense than the canonical versions. <_<

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 09:22 AM EDT (US)     264 / 1043       
EVERYTHING was founded by magical ponies in your version
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-20-14 09:42 AM EDT (US)     265 / 1043       
Not the Empire.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 10:04 AM EDT (US)     266 / 1043       
Since clearly Sabine and Star Wars Aladdin are going to be touted as "great role models" just like Ahsoka, let's see how Filoni defines good role models:
*Thieves (the petty kind)
*Vandals
*Brats
*Hookers
*Rebellious teenagers (not rebels against tyranny; just the usual rebels against authority kind)

Yay, for all the positive influences! These are surely shows I'd want my preteen watching! And during the commercial breaks they can listen to Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber for even more positive influences!

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-20-14 10:07 AM EDT (US)     267 / 1043       
All children should be made to watch MLP and play Mass Effect. THEN THEY WILL HAVE POSITIVE INFLUENCES!

Like Zaeed. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 10:11 AM EDT (US)     268 / 1043       
Yes, or Jack.

But I will totally sink money in MLP DVDs when I have kids--at least I don't have to be miserable during every show they watch.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-20-14 10:15 AM EDT (US)     269 / 1043       
Jack's a great influence. Look at the massive leaps forward she makes.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-20-14 10:25 AM EDT (US)     270 / 1043       
Well, I suppose at least in ME3 she wears a shirt and only drops the f-bomb off camera.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames