Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 32 33 34 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Trials of a Jedi - Coming Never.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-21-17 11:12 AM EDT (US)     991 / 1043       
I've been half meaning to and just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe one of these days.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 11-01-17 03:56 PM EDT (US)     992 / 1043       
Apparently Y-wings run on something that strongly resembles aviation fuel. Somehow.

This annoys me. But not enough to hamper my enjoyment of the last four episodes. Even if they also screwed up rank plaques and basically made it clear they're just details on the character models and are never chosen to actually signify relative importance of characters to each other.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 11-01-17 05:31 PM EDT (US)     993 / 1043       
Have to say, if you ignore O'Brien (who never actually got an official rank after they decided the one episode where he was addressed as "lieutenant" was a mistake and that he was in fact a noncom--even DS9 doesn't help much beyond establishing that he has a minimum rank of "chief petty officer," that he is probably "senior chief petty officer," and that he may be "master chief petty officer"--or his dad may have been exaggerating ), Star Trek is at least consistent in rank insignia.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-01-17 07:05 PM EDT (US)     994 / 1043       
Because it matters in Trek.

Star Wars has never given a whit, because you either have the Mildly Military Rebellion where independence and going off on your own always pays off (unless it's in opposition the main character), or the Empire where there are rank structures, but also political correctness is a factor and the whole point to the rank pips was just to tell the viewer "is this person important" and told the script-writer, "should this person have a name"? (They obviously didn't count on Wookieepedia naming every last frigging Stormtrooper and giving them a secret love life.)

I mean, even I have to stretch Imperial insignia to make something that even roughly equates to the US/Starfleet/British standards. And the Rebels are worse, with their single flag/general rank.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 11-02-17 01:35 PM EDT (US)     995 / 1043       
The Rebels only have one rank: traitor.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 11-02-17 03:38 PM EDT (US)     996 / 1043       
There will never be a more badass post made.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-02-17 07:45 PM EDT (US)     997 / 1043       
You have room in your sig. Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate...

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-17 09:52 PM EDT (US)     998 / 1043       
Yes, my master...

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-02-17 09:53 PM EDT (US)     999 / 1043       
Geeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwddddd.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-17 09:55 PM EDT (US)     1000 / 1043       
1000th post. That is so wizard...

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-17-17 06:22 AM EDT (US)     1001 / 1043       
Halfway through the final season, now. I really thought they were starting to nerf Thrawn (well, more in the "inept subordinates who don't follow orders" stuff)... but he pulled through. Seems he learned from the last time that he apparently can't trust military personnel in an authoritarian dictatorship to understand "following orders."

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 01-19-18 07:47 PM EDT (US)     1002 / 1043       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 01-19-18 08:16 PM EDT (US)     1003 / 1043       
Holy shit...Ian McDiarmid

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-20-18 09:06 PM EDT (US)     1004 / 1043       
Well, Imperial Spalko is right... Vanessa Marshall has a very lovely voice.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-27-18 04:07 PM EDT (US)     1005 / 1043       

Possible Dreadnought-class in the trailer. Is anyone watching or am I shouting into the void like a silly Pony?

EDIT:
SPOILERS AHOY
Spoilers between the animu.

Oof. Ian McDiarmid must've been reading his lines over the phone. No one stopped to correct him from "Ash-okah" to "Ah-soakah"

Also, Force-based time travel = bleh. But... at least there's only one Delorean. And it seems like it's good and blowed up. And Ahsoka lives... for now.

So... next week is the end. ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT TIME!

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 02-28-2018 @ 12:11 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 03-06-18 06:59 PM EDT (US)     1006 / 1043       
Welp. That was something.

Can't wait until Star Wars: Resistance comes out in a couple years and negates everything that happened so it can tell the same story again, but worse.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-06-2018 @ 07:02 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-06-18 07:16 PM EDT (US)     1007 / 1043       
Yeah, I'm out.

EDIT: Don't want to say too much, because I don't think Moff has been able to catch it yet.

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 03-06-2018 @ 07:17 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-06-18 07:18 PM EDT (US)     1008 / 1043       
Oh nosa. Don't spoil, FA.

I still hunt.

EDIT: Well, I finally caught the fourteenth episode...

"Madam, for that boy... there is nothing I would not do."
-So, I get we're trying to show Hondo developed some selflessness... but, uh, why. And that phrasing. Oof.

Also, how did you all get off Lothal? The temple was vaporized, the Empire threw a parade to celebrate Kanan's death. How did you get out of the blockade?

Apparently maneuvering jets do not require power. Good to know.

Ezra's beastmaster routine was... okay. Not a huge fan of the trope, personally... though once again Stormtroopers get slaughtered by furry creatures.

And we end on "WE MUST PUSH THE EMPIRE OFF LOTHAL." You don't know how to cut your losses. You just captured a governor and wiped out her task force. And Rukh got the standard Disney villain death... so he might be back.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 03-06-2018 @ 10:30 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-07-18 09:52 AM EDT (US)     1009 / 1043       
ACHTUNG MASSIVE SPOILERS FROM FINALE

MOFF HAS FOUND FINALE

Sweet intro with Ezra talking to a picture of his parents
AND THEN FEED THE GOVERNOR TO THE WOLVES IF SHE DOESN'T COMPLY BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Neat action scene... and the one Imperial officer is clearly just Jim Cummings doing a toned-down Hondo. Which amuses me.

...Wait, you're going to launch the dome into space and then blow it up? With everyone on board?

And Thrawn is going to bombard city now that Ezra nicely put all of the Imperial troops in the secure base. NICE TOUCH, though, with the Palpatine music.

Those turbolasers were not very impressive, though.

PALPY RETURNS!

Soooo goooooood to hear McDiarmid's voice.

Eww, Hera just implied that Hondo and Melch (the Ugnaught) are boning.

Palpatine's outfit and demeanor are very Classic BSG Count Iblis. And I love it. He even looks kinda like Patrick McNee.

And there's the first death... granted, it's just Melch.

...I think Zeb just killed himself to take out Rukh.

Gregor's down.

God, Ezra's parents are purple. It's animesque. In a bad way.

Poor Palpy. He gets the temptation route to work on one Jedi and thinks it'll always work.

Ooooh. Force pikes have some new tricks. I think they took the Force part too literally.

Ah, Zeb and Rukh live.

Wait. Thrawn just ordered a full-scale bombardment of the city... but then the dorsal turrets swing up.

Rukh got cooked. So at least now he can't murder Thrawn.

...Oh, apparenly Melch survived. It was just a flesh wound. But the clone dies.

There's still a lot of screen time left for this. And Ezra just stormed the Chimaera's bridge.

PELLAEON! NOOOOOOOOOO THEY KILLED PELLY! (Apparently it's pronounced Pallion.)

...What the hell are those things? Giant space whalesquids? DAMN YOU BEASTMASTER BRIDGER!

TENTACLE TIME! I never thought of Thrawn as a naughty schoolgirl.

Oh shit... Thrawn just shot Ezra... but then got thrown back into the tentcacles.

So... I guess that means Thrawn got either hyperspaced or explosively decompressed.

...Oh, so we got back to operation, "Launch our captives into space and blow up their ship."

Oh, now a lightsaber just slashes the glass and weakens it instead of violently exploding it? PICK A LINE, STAR WARS!

And boom goes the whole Imperial dome. With Pryce and who knows how many LIVING PEOPLE ABOARD.

So... we imply Ezra is still out there. But he probably wasn't counting on a laser bolt from Thrawn.

Oh... we didn't murder all of the Imperial troopers with nuclear demolitions. Gotta have some token minions for the civvies to take captive.

Sabine cut her hair. And... apparently, Lothal has gotten totally rebuilt. The Empire never bothered to return.

Is this supposed--yep, this is post-Endor. Okay, that at least justifies reconstruction.

Zeb and Kallus survive, huh. Oh... some... overtones there. <_<

Rex and Hera confirmed for Endor... and Hera had a very human-looking baby. Jacen. And confirmed for Kanan's son. Meaning... well... >_>

...OH SHIT IT'S PAUL MUAD'DIB--oh, just Ahsoka. Dammit. But now she's buggered off looking for Ezra with Sabine, so at least they're not an issue.

I know people want me to be mad over Thrawn, but I never expected him to survive. It would require too much of a downer ending. Still, good series.
SPOILERS END

Good show. I may have to reevaluate TCW, since I viewed through the lens of an intruder into the EU. Now that the canon was just reset... I couldn't take issue with Rebels, and it would be fair to do so for TCW.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-07-18 03:59 PM EDT (US)     1010 / 1043       
I wanted the downer ending

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 03-08-18 11:35 AM EDT (US)     1011 / 1043       
Filoni outright says in an interview that Thrawn and Ezra survive. Probably Pelleaon too, since the whales apparently snatched the whole fleet.

Off to the Unknown Regions 'Ideas for Later/Convenient New Threat/Spare Character Storage' file cabinet.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 03-08-18 09:13 PM EDT (US)     1012 / 1043       
How does everyone here feel about Ahsoka Tano living past the events of Return Of The Jedi?

I find it to be awesome.

I believe I'm the one who stated that the character of Ahsoka Tano didn't have to die before the events of the original trilogy and I turned out to be right.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-09-18 10:53 AM EDT (US)     1013 / 1043       
How does everyone here feel about Ahsoka Tano living past the events of Return Of The Jedi?
S'okay. Kinda odd that she basically sat on her hands for five years, but maybe that's how long it took her to get off Malachor.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-18 11:14 AM EDT (US)     1014 / 1043       
but maybe that's how long it took her to get off Malachor.
Luke should have sought her out and used her to kill the Force. >_>

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-09-18 11:30 AM EDT (US)     1015 / 1043       
Would've saved him all those nephew problems!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-18 11:35 AM EDT (US)     1016 / 1043       
I get the feeling that Luke only went semi-Kreia after his nephew problems.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-18 01:05 PM EDT (US)     1017 / 1043       
S'okay. Kinda odd that she basically sat on her hands for five years, but maybe that's how long it took her to get off Malachor.
Well, Ahsoka might not have sat on her hands for five years, Moff.

We just haven't heard the stories about what she did during that time yet.

I mean she could've been on Malachor all that time, but just because she wasn't present during the events of the original trilogy doesn't mean she wasn't doing something somewhere else.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 03-13-2018 @ 01:06 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-09-18 01:25 PM EDT (US)     1018 / 1043       
I get the feeling that Luke only went semi-Kreia after his nephew problems.
Well, given Lucasfilm declared a holy war on KotOR2 for questioning orthodoxy... is it at all surprising that they etch into in to the new canon that Luke's dalliance with the idea was proven wrong?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-18 01:59 PM EDT (US)     1019 / 1043       
Not really. I mean, I appreciated canon finally acknowledging the long-established EU notion that the Jedi and Sith were not the sole Force-users, but I didn't really expect canon to endorse that the vaunted Jedi are not infallible saints who may be more trouble than they're worth. *sigh* I need to replay KotOR2 some time, relish Kreia pointing out everything Star Wars does wrong.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-18 04:30 PM EDT (US)     1020 / 1043       
Meh. Stick everyone in a dark hallway and let Vader loose on them

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 32 33 34 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames