Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Trials of a Jedi - Coming Never.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 03-20-17 01:31 PM EDT (US)     961 / 1043       
How many more saber clashes would make it fully-assed?
I'm starting to get the impression you're completely missing my point.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-20-17 01:38 PM EDT (US)     962 / 1043       
No, though I am perhaps a bit unfairly reducing your point to "want moar fite." There's decades of history there. We know it. I just don't see what else could've been thrown in there without belaboring the point.

Maul has killed two of the most important people in Obi-Wan's life. Obi-Wan humiliated Maul, cost him his status and horribly maimed him. Before Maul could seek out Kenobi again, the Empire rises and Obi-Wan is believed dead. Then he finds the holocron with Ezra, and you get the whole, "HE LIVES! HEEEE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVESSSSSSSSSS!" bit. Revenge is all Maul has now. Spreading his pain, his suffering is the nature of his existence.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-23-17 02:48 PM EDT (US)     963 / 1043       
Corrective action, done right.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 04-15-17 03:39 PM EDT (US)     964 / 1043       

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-15-17 04:53 PM EDT (US)     965 / 1043       
Hmm. Ezra and Kanan go down taking out Thrawn?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-21-17 10:20 PM EDT (US)     966 / 1043       
So, basic combined arms and air support tactics are considered a stroke of tactical genius in Star Wars? =P
Remember, putting wirecutters on a walker is considered universe-breaking. So...
And what's a Grand Admiral doing commanding a ground assault? While a government official commands naval operations? =P
Thrawn r s00per-d00pr war jeenyus! And, in fairness, I think Thrawn did have some ground stuff in Legends because... s00pr-d00pr and all. Remember, too, this had a political officer leading starship combat and ground actions.

Actually having Star Wars make sense militarily is the one thing more difficult than having it make sense scientifically. So of course I try to do both

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 07-21-2017 @ 10:46 PM).]

jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-17 08:53 AM EDT (US)     967 / 1043       
I think Thrawn did have some ground stuff in Legends
Actually, I don't think he did, beyond "keep troops here" and "don't mess with this". I don't think he was ever directly involved in any of the (actually few) land battles in the trilogy, and the closest he got in Outbound flight was commanding a boarding party.

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 07-22-17 11:33 AM EDT (US)     968 / 1043       
Give Zahn a little more time: Thrawn will be destroying armies with his mind. Hmm, in a battle between Thrawn and Mara Jade, written by Zahn, who would win? >_>

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-22-17 12:36 PM EDT (US)     969 / 1043       
Thrawn. That basically happened in the trilogy, didn't it?

He duped her into thinking she outsmarted and evaded him. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-17 04:12 PM EDT (US)     970 / 1043       
Ah, but neither of them had died yet at that point, and therefore neither had become Mary Sues yet. I'm talking about the Mara Jade who destroys starships with pistols and the Thrawn who defeats Jedi with staring contests.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-17 04:24 PM EDT (US)     971 / 1043       
I really feel like that's fanboys' faults rather than Zahn.

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
(id: BananaTrooper)
posted 07-22-17 05:08 PM EDT (US)     972 / 1043       
Actually Rebels isn't as bas as it was in the first season now that it's getting deeper and more serious.

What I love the most is the small details like how officers entering combat zones actually wear body armour to protect themselves. Gives it a nice touch of realism. But then Star Destroyers that don't fire their weapons appear... =P

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-17 05:15 PM EDT (US)     973 / 1043       
No, it's Zahn's--he seems to apotheosize any of his characters who die, whether by his own hand (Thrawn) or especially not (Mara Jade). Having read all of Zahn's Star Wars books pre-Allegiance and a smattering of his non-Star Wars books, I have to conclude that Zahn is a writer who sometimes has good ideas and occasionally good characters, but who lacks the chops to tie them together--and his obsession with overly complicated plots and excessively intelligent characters does him no favors. Also his prose is pretty middling.

ETA: But yes, there are elements of the fanbase who would not be content with Mara Jade or especially Thrawn being anything less than godlike.

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 07-22-2017 @ 05:28 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-22-17 05:38 PM EDT (US)     974 / 1043       
But then the body armor is bright white with gold shoulder bars. So...

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-17 07:16 PM EDT (US)     975 / 1043       
I think Thrawn did have some ground stuff in Legends because...
Yes he did. His specialty was naval combat, but he was knowledgeable in ground warfare as well. But he did leave those affairs to people like General Covell.

Outbound Flight showed him leading a boarding party (not like Vader though ), but it was established before that novel that he basically went all predator on a group of Imperial soldiers, humiliating that commanding officer.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-22-17 07:23 PM EDT (US)     976 / 1043       
I guess that officer shouldn't have let Thrawn view his art collection.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-26-17 07:19 PM EDT (US)     977 / 1043       
So... is Thrawn gonna get offed in the Rebels finale?

Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 07-27-17 12:41 PM EDT (US)     978 / 1043       
He dies within 5 minutes of being re-introduced in the new season, Heroes-style.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 12:46 PM EDT (US)     979 / 1043       
Because we can never have competent villains in Star Wars :/

A tradition Disney seems to have no problem continuing.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 03:37 PM EDT (US)     980 / 1043       
But villains who throw space tantrums are just fine.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 07-27-17 03:42 PM EDT (US)     981 / 1043       
Oh, tantrums are fine. But we're discussing competency. I mean, they made five movies plus an origin story about a villain that would throw tantrums.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 04:06 PM EDT (US)     982 / 1043       
Yeah, but he stopped throwing tantrums when he became a villain.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 04:26 PM EDT (US)     983 / 1043       
The closest thing to a tantrum was choking out a guy because they royally screwed up. Hey I just realized...Vader didn't kill a damn soul in Jedi*! Another reason it's the weakest of the OT

*Palpy doesn't count.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 04:29 PM EDT (US)     984 / 1043       
As opposed to Benny, who just cries and destroys his own equipment like a two-year-old.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 05:12 PM EDT (US)     985 / 1043       
I just call him Ben the Bitch

I love how his idea of "man mode" is pounding on his stomach wound.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 07-27-17 05:51 PM EDT (US)     986 / 1043       
Oh, I thought he was packing in his viscera.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-18-17 07:43 PM EDT (US)     987 / 1043       
"These plains used to be covered with grass..."
"Why didn't it grow back?"
"Never had the chance. This is what centuries of continuous warfare does to a planet."

Mandalore confirmed for pale imitation of Tuchanka.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-20-17 04:19 PM EDT (US)     988 / 1043       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flight_of_the_Defender

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE -_-

So is anyone at all watching?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-21-17 10:27 AM EDT (US)     989 / 1043       
Not even a little bit since season something.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-21-17 10:41 AM EDT (US)     990 / 1043       
You should; it's pretty good. Unlike TCW, my rage is exaggerated.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 31 32 33 34 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames