Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Trials of a Jedi - Coming Never.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 05-20-13 10:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1043       
With Filoni involved I'm sure we WILL see is horrid creation. Hated Tano. MOFF! Where is that blender droid?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 05-20-13 10:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 1043       
I have to agree with EoD; I think Filoni was good. I couldn't care less about whether Ahsoka shows up, though. I started to like her when I stopped watching at the end of season 3, but I honestly just don't care.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 10:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 1043       
Thought Filoni loved her. If I'm right...we're gonna see the annoying little runt.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 10:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 1043       
He does like her, but I think he's a good producer.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 10:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 1043       
I have to admit that Ahsoka did grow on me, but while I'm curious to find out what happened to her, I'm not keen on her featuring in another series just yet.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 05-20-13 11:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 1043       
I... I could barely watch that video. And Filoni is a damned fanboy armed with canon. That worked out really well for the Star Trek franchise--no, wait. It nailed the lid on the coffin.

They really need to let it lie fallow for a little while after TCW. If they keep hammering at it, making sure there's a Star Wars TV series running at all times up to the release of the sequels, they're just going to get a burned-out base.

Also, the casual override of everything we previously knew about the inter-trilogy period... because now we need epic battles every week. Gah, shit.

And to think... yesterday, I was genuinely hopeful for the sequels with Abrams in the director's chair.
I have to agree with EoD; I think Filoni was good. I couldn't care less about whether Ahsoka shows up, though. I started to like her when I stopped watching at the end of season 3, but I honestly just don't care.
Filoni is good in the sense that Tim Zahn is considered good: compared to Lucas, Karen Traviss can do a damn fine job.I mean, maybe without George's shadow looming... perhaps.

...Maybe I should edit the title of the TCW thread to be "All Things Clone Wars and Rebels"

Or will EoD think I stole a thread from him? <_<
Thought Filoni loved her. If I'm right...we're gonna see the annoying little runt.
He's an absolute Ahsoka gusher.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 12:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 1043       
I'll give this series the same shot I gave TCW. I'll watch the first few episodes, and if I don't like it, I'm gone.

Sevsherer
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 01:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 1043       
Filoni:"like a mobile probe droid" <- that alone should get him banned from making SW shows... King of the Hill and Avatar are good shows, but I don't know them well enough to know if the handful of shows he did were good

Kinberg is pretty hit(Sherlock Holmes, X-Men First Class) or miss(This means war, Jumper).

Weisman, well Gargoyles was pretty great when I was kid, haven't seen much of his other stuff.

I'm a little worried with the route they might take with the Rebellion, in the originals they were pretty much freedom fighters(or terrorists from the Empire's standpoint). Perhaps that is why they brought in Kinberg and Weisman. I'll definitely give the show a chance, but I'm not expecting a whole lot.
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 01:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 1043       
Filoni:"like a mobile probe droid"
Does the word 'dumbass' pop into the mind of anyone else?

As far as Kinberg goes: To me, Sherlock Holmes makes up for anything he did wrong.

Weisman: ...GARGOYLES!

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 05-20-2013 @ 01:47 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 01:48 PM EDT (US)     10 / 1043       
Seriously... have they even patched up the timeline with respect to TCW yet? Now we're backfilling twenty years... which have actually been written about. But I guess we can't leave two consecutive seconds of Luke and Leia's childhood untouched, eh? Will we get to see them potty-training against the backdrop of a giant, galaxy-wide insurrection that no one remembers?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 02:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 1043       
Does anyone else think Filoni looks like a fat Andy Serkis?

I am not at all happy about the release of Rebels. It means that they have to dumb everything down like they did in TCW, as the fan base for the series is bound to be kids again. The Clone Wars were meant to be gritty, the Rebelion probably just as gritty - but now both of them will have a child-friendly sheen to them. It's not that I want guts and gore everywhere, but the plot lines are absurdly basic in TCW so that they're not too difficult for the kiddies to follow. And I'll bet the exact same thing will happen with Rebels. Stupid Star Wars. By the time we get to Episode VII the only people still interested in SW will be ten year olds, if that.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 02:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 1043       
Well, when's the last time you bought a Star Wars action figure? If memory serves, the vast bulk of LFL's income, pre-buyout, came from merchandising. So... *shrug*

My problem is the Rebellion doesn't exist as an organized entity until 2BBY. But we're gonna see guys in black vests with white helmets and blue shirts... or with those weird British helmets they used in RotJ and camo smocks. And we'll see the Tantive IV doing missions, getting spotted and nearly caught time and time again.

Unless this thing is actually built around Imperial characters, with a new Jedi as an antagonist of the arc here and there. But that's probably too dark for Filoni and friends, the kiddies want to see lightsabers in the forefront instead of Imperial officers, and then they'd just royally screw up the Empire as bad as the Rebellion (they'll both get hopelessly frigged up no matter what, but whichever one is in the spotlight more will get it worse). Also, it's Star Wars, not Breaking Bad. Villain protagonists don't seem to work well with management, regardless of what fans think.

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 03:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 1043       
My problem is the Rebellion doesn't exist as an organized entity until 2BBY.
Except The Force Unleashed was bullshit and if this show retcons it out of existence then I'll buy a ****ing season pass no matter how godawful it is.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 03:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 1043       
While I sure as hell wouldn't use some of your words, I agree completely

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 03:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 1043       
The 2BBY thing way predates TFU, Cheapy.

Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 03:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 1043       
The 2BBY thing way predates TFU, Cheapy.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about Starkiller single-handedly starting the rebellion. There were plenty of resistance groups and whatnot before then, so it's not technically accurate to say that the rebellion was only two years old as of Yavin IV. I mean I doubt they'll bother distinguishing between them, but it's not a huge sticking point for me if they just decide to call them all "the Rebel Alliance" even if Wookiee doesn't say it was formed until then. I'm just happy that A. this is probably going to be 2D and has writers with some pretty good pedigrees to reign in Filoni and B. it's not another season of ****ing Clone Wars.

How much do you want to bet that as soon as Shifter's ban is up he's going to charge in here insisting that Filoni is going to have Ahsoka and Ventress team up to fight crime just like in his shipfic?

Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 03:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 1043       
I'm starting to think if I say "Star Wars" on this forum, everyone's blood pressure is going to skyrocket.

Sevsherer
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 03:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 1043       
Isn't there a deleted scene or two in Ep 3 that essentially has the Rebellion being founded by Amidala and like 3-4 other Senators? Methinks they'll probably follow this type of route. Which more than likely means that those same Senators will be using Ahsoka as their agent of change or whatever.
Cheapy the Hutt
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 03:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 1043       
I'm starting to think if I say "Star Wars" on this forum, everyone's blood pressure is going to skyrocket.

Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 04:11 PM EDT (US)     20 / 1043       
:P

If it's any consolation, I share your disdain for the shoe-horn-in'd Starkiller with TFU.

I remember thinking optimistically for a time that The Force Unleashed was just a temporary title...

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 04:17 PM EDT (US)     21 / 1043       
How much do you want to bet that as soon as Shifter's ban is up he's going to charge in here insisting that Filoni is going to have Ahsoka and Ventress team up to fight crime just like in his shipfic?
Chances are high. But of course, now that you've mentioned him, he'll show up soon enough.
Isn't there a deleted scene or two in Ep 3 that essentially has the Rebellion being founded by Amidala and like 3-4 other Senators?
Eh, sort of. It sowed the seeds, but it didn't start any organized movement. That didn't happen until Organa, Mothma, and Iblis got together.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 04:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 1043       
Except now it was Organa, Mon Mothma, Ghost of Padme, and Ahsoka!

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 05:08 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1043       
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that Iblis won't survive in the canon.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 05:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1043       
Not a chance.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 05:14 PM EDT (US)     25 / 1043       
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about that. I liked his relationship with Mothma and Organa, but on the other hand he's just yet another way-too-intelligent Zahn character.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 05:18 PM EDT (US)     26 / 1043       
Right. And people are either Lawful Stupid or Chaotic Stupid in SW. Even as we're constantly told how smart and cunning they are.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 05:23 PM EDT (US)     27 / 1043       
Hmm, makes one wonder about Thrawn's chances of remaining canon.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 05:27 PM EDT (US)     28 / 1043       
Nil. Which, given how he went from "good at turning analysis into strategy" to "CHISS GOD OF WAR"... I find it hard to really give a good damn.

Besides, the new movies are supposed be around 30-35 years after Endor. Thrawn would be a distant memory. Maybe a throwaway mention to placate fans if George doesn't go out of his way to scupper the Thrawn trilogy in particular.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 05-20-13 05:34 PM EDT (US)     29 / 1043       
"good at turning analysis into strategy" to "CHISS GOD OF WAR"
This is in the followup to Allegiance, I take it?

I suspect Mara will survive through sheer popularity, though Allegiance kind of killed her for me.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-20-13 05:36 PM EDT (US)     30 / 1043       
I think she's at the top of George's death list. He decreed that she die. And the chance to boot her out for good? If Luke is with anyone, he'll make it Callista or some new character.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames