You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1043 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Rebels
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 09-15-16 08:26 PM EDT (US)     901 / 1043       
That was kinda neat.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 09-16-16 00:03 AM EDT (US)     902 / 1043       
Well damn now I want to get caught up on this show. I've only seen episodes here and there. As well as the end to season 2, which I greatly enjoyed. Leave it to Disney to reduce the BS from Lucas bringing Maul back to life.

I swear it was like that man was shown the Visionaries comic and decided to make the Darth Maul story canon.
>_<

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 09-16-2016 @ 00:03 AM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-16-16 12:45 PM EDT (US)     903 / 1043       
You should. It has its weak parts, but it's decent.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-24-16 11:29 AM EDT (US)     904 / 1043       
Heute ist Thrawntag.

gracelinn0191
Banned
posted 10-06-16 02:10 AM EDT (US)     905 / 1043       
Link Removed

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 10-06-2016 @ 03:14 AM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-06-16 10:47 AM EDT (US)     906 / 1043       
So was I the only one that saw Thrawn's amazing presence handful of cameos?

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-06-16 01:23 PM EDT (US)     907 / 1043       
"Civilian casualties outnumbered the insurgents..."

Well, didn't take long for them to completely toss out what his character was.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-06-16 05:54 PM EDT (US)     908 / 1043       
But then you have that weird, "at first" thing. Did he use slow-acting turbolasers?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-07-16 10:00 PM EDT (US)     909 / 1043       
Either that, or it was alluding to the state of things before he took over.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-08-16 07:36 PM EDT (US)     910 / 1043       
Slap my ass and call me a pony... Kallus is the new Fulcrum. That's awesome. (It's not officially confirmed, but it was clearly him over the scrambler)

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-08-16 08:51 PM EDT (US)     911 / 1043       
So when are we gonna get Maul vs. Obi-Wan 2: Electric Boogaloo?

EDIT: Not trying to sound snide. I'm actually quite excited Disney is fixing Maul's survival by going the "Visionaries" route.

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 10-08-2016 @ 08:54 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-08-16 08:56 PM EDT (US)     912 / 1043       
That's probably straight to novel, comic series, or even spinoff film.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-08-16 11:25 PM EDT (US)     913 / 1043       
Think I'd prefer a film.

Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 10-09-16 06:18 AM EDT (US)     914 / 1043       
Think I'd prefer it not happen.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-09-16 09:37 AM EDT (US)     915 / 1043       
I think I'd prefer it never happened. >_<

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-09-16 10:06 AM EDT (US)     916 / 1043       
I'd prefer Maul died when he was chopped in half, lost most his body's means of regulation, nutrition, and purging toxins... and then fell down a giant wishing well with multiple impacts against the very hard sides, causing additional trauma.

But, you know, shoot a Stormtrooper in the thigh and he dies instantly.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-09-16 10:20 AM EDT (US)     917 / 1043       
causing additional trauma
Including smashing in his skull. So, yeah, there are half a dozen ways Maul should have died even assuming any one of them didn't kill him.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-09-16 10:59 AM EDT (US)     918 / 1043       
I guess FA taught him Force Bubble. Thanks a lot, FA.

Anyway, Rebels was good this week. A couple iffy spots, but... well, it is a kid's show at the end of the day. Far and away better than TCW.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-09-16 11:53 AM EDT (US)     919 / 1043       
Hey, I'd rather Maul not have been brought back just like the rest of you, but Lucas had gone INSANE.

Might as well get something that both fixes the problem, and looks cool, from Disney.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-09-16 01:10 PM EDT (US)     920 / 1043       
Yes, but because of the bubble's lingering effects, we also had to deal with that stupid Mando/merc arc.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-22-16 10:43 PM EDT (US)     921 / 1043       
Heh. Bringing back the battle droids could've easily gone horribly wrong. But they pulled it off... though the end was a bit saccharine and some minor wimping out.

Should've brought the new guy along as a new minion.

Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
(id: BananaTrooper)
posted 10-26-16 08:00 AM EDT (US)     922 / 1043       
Agreed, nice episode. I'm rather interested in Rex's PTSD; it would be cool if he ends up facing Imperial Cody somehow in the near future (though they could then screw it up by making him switch sides thanks to the power of friendship)

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-06-16 08:11 PM EDT (US)     923 / 1043       
Huh. So mothers do actually exist in Star Wars beyond their delivery of the major character.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-27-16 11:44 AM EDT (US)     924 / 1043       
Dark Troopers are now just stupid "march and shoot" normal battledroids with slightly-higher hitpoints. They're also common-place sentry droids now.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-29-16 04:37 PM EDT (US)     925 / 1043       
So I was reading about Depa Billaba on Wookieepedia, and apparently Cowboy Jedi is her apprentice? So does that mean her fall to the dark side is no longer canon (for which I would be grateful--the "everyone falls to the dark side" thing was getting tiresome)?

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-29-16 04:44 PM EDT (US)     926 / 1043       
Yeah. She was gunned down during Order 66, screaming for him to run.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-29-16 04:55 PM EDT (US)     927 / 1043       
So for all the damage that TCW did to canon, at least Rebels has improved something.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 12-04-16 05:42 PM EDT (US)     928 / 1043       
Oh no, Ezra's friend from... many episodes ago was killed by Thrawn! HOW SAD!

But more importantly... TIE Defenders

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 12-04-16 05:53 PM EDT (US)     929 / 1043       
My namesake invented them!

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 12-04-16 06:28 PM EDT (US)     930 / 1043       
Now Thrawn did.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames