You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1043 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Rebels
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27 28 29 30 31 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-03-16 08:09 PM EDT (US)     841 / 1043       
"I want them alive!"
*Stormtroopers don't set their weapons for stun*

EDIT: Someone was on a serious BSG bender before they made this episode. Prophecy, the music, the chanting, lost homeworlds... come on.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-03-2016 @ 08:28 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-17-16 08:10 PM EDT (US)     842 / 1043       
I missed last week's episode.

However, this one has already made me snicker. Yes, all Twi'leks have a French accent. All of them. Hera just masks hers... most of the time. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-27-16 09:24 PM EDT (US)     843 / 1043       
Oh dear. Triple post. Is no one else watching Rebels anymore?

The newest one suffered from the same rushed feeling as many recent episode, but... it also did something I never expected. It humanized Kallus. He's gone from a monster to a soldier who believes he's genuinely doing the good thing... and things got out of hand on Lasan.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-16 12:28 PM EDT (US)     844 / 1043       
I haven't seen any since Season 1 ended. Should I bother? I was quite happy that the show was swinging away from the Jedi being the core, like they are in the rest of Star Wars... but then they became the core, so I wasn't as interested. But if it's worth it I might give it a look.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-28-16 12:52 PM EDT (US)     845 / 1043       
The Jedi aren't as prevalent as we feared they'd become.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 02-29-16 07:01 PM EDT (US)     846 / 1043       
Even though I can't watch it because I don't have Disney DX I'm keeping track of what's happening via episode reports on Wikipeda and videos on youtube.

My only interest is the fight between Ahsoka and Vader. I don't think he will end up killing her no matter what happens because Palpatine wants him to bring her in alive as bait for other jedi.
Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
(id: BananaTrooper)
posted 02-29-16 07:12 PM EDT (US)     847 / 1043       
We need a cool Stormtrooper character. Kallus has too much authority to be representative of the rank-and-file Imperial soldier.

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-29-16 08:19 PM EDT (US)     848 / 1043       
Yeah, they're gonna do something nasty to him now that he's almost a human being. However, I don't think they'll do anything with a Stormtrooper. There's probably an edict from Filoni about that. <_<

Either that, or it'll be the one Stormtrooper that never wears his helmet.

Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-16 00:44 AM EDT (US)     849 / 1043       
Those two Imperial Officers that got executed by the Inquisitor when Tarkin arrived in Season One were great representatives of low-level Imperials. It's a pity they got removed.

In hindsight, a mere stormtrooper would not make a good character since he would either subvert the whole idea of sotrmtroopers by having to be, as you say, helmetless half the time (ahem Rex, Cody) or otherwise appear for a very short time (like that one TIE pilot that appeared helmetless a few times). What could work better is some kind of stormtrooper officer with distinctive markings or something, or even just making them female like some kind of less-distinctive Phasma. Even if said character was just one-dimensional evil like early-season Kallus it would be a cool addition, similar to those recurring Seperatist characters from TCW.

Though I highly doubt anything of such will come about. Sigh.

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-01-16 08:33 AM EDT (US)     850 / 1043       
They seem to be desperately trying to avoid Misaimed Fandom. So, the Stormtroopers are hopelessly incompetent (hey, remember how they absolutely massacred everyone on the Tantive IV and Echo Base? Oh, but I guess every competent Stormie is now in the 501st and therefore is a physically late-50-something clone [at the time Rebels takes place; they're pushing 70 by Hoth]), the officers are bombastic and incompetent... only Kallus ever showed any degree of competence, and even then he always lost. The Inquisitor could force retreats, but Kallus was always tactically capable but strategically useless.

They probably realized he's burned out by now; anything further and that promotion is going to look fishy. So they're writing him out. Now we have the Inquisitors, but they're already borderline... and Vader has to stay far to the rear because there's obviously some things even Filoni and Disney are not willing to nerf. So, we either need a new character who will be blatant Kallus replacement (since his whole thing was "competent Imp soldier/officer")...

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 03-01-16 02:07 PM EDT (US)     851 / 1043       
Enter Thrawn, the replacement Kallus!

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
DTIII
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-16 03:40 PM EDT (US)     852 / 1043       
I'm looking forward to these last few episodes, hopefully that one planet is Malachor.
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-04-16 07:06 PM EDT (US)     853 / 1043       

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

F**K YOU KAREN TRAVISS

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-30-16 08:50 PM EDT (US)     854 / 1043       
SPOILERS

Well, the Inquisitors are all dead by the halfway mark. And it seems Kanan was probably blinded. They gave Maul a Disney villain death; I really hope this one sticks but they're clearly building an arc. And, well, having FOUR kills of people with names and lightsabers before Vader shows up might be excessive.

/SPOILERS

Episode is pretty decent so far!

EDIT: ...Moff has an angry.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 03-30-2016 @ 09:11 PM).]

Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-16 06:04 AM EDT (US)     855 / 1043       
...Maul.

What.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-31-16 03:52 PM EDT (US)     856 / 1043       
So, Maul's Disney villain death at Kanan's hands did not even last the episode... Ahsoka/Vader fight neat. But Maul is around... and Malachor is now the site of a Sith superweapon, instead of a Jedi one (BECAUSE OF COURSE THE PURE AND GOOD JEDI WOULD NEVER EVER USE A SUPERWEAPON!).

Kanan's blind now, and Ezra is fiddling with the Dark Side. EZRA CONFIRMED FOR SUPREME LEADER SNOKE

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 03-31-16 04:02 PM EDT (US)     857 / 1043       
Confound it, Disney! Leave Malachor V alone. The Jedi most certainly did commit genocide there with a superweapon.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 03-31-16 05:23 PM EDT (US)     858 / 1043       
Was it really genocide? They just killed a few corps' worth of Mando warriors, some Jedi, and crunched up an apparently uninhabited planet.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-16 05:30 PM EDT (US)     859 / 1043       
KotOR2 says the entire Mandalorian fleet (which apparently included civilians like Mira) was there and that all but a handful of Mandalorians were killed at Malachor. Also, more than one character (including Atton) accuses Exile of genocide.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 03-31-2016 @ 05:30 PM).]

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-16 03:28 AM EDT (US)     860 / 1043       
I don't know about any of you, but I give the win to Ahsoka in her light saber duel against Vader.

She struck a blow against him and caused damage to him and he did nothing to her in regards to an injury.

Darth Vader vs. Ahsoka

Winner: Ahsoka

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-01-2016 @ 03:28 AM).]

Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-16 10:27 AM EDT (US)     861 / 1043       
EZRA CONFIRMED FOR SUPREME LEADER SNOKE
With the massive ongoing Maul fetish, Supreme Leader Maul is a frightening prospect.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-01-16 11:03 PM EDT (US)     862 / 1043       
That would require the sequels to acknowledge the PT. And they won't do that.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-16 11:23 PM EDT (US)     863 / 1043       
Which is also why the "Snokes is Plagueis" argument, while compelling, is unlikely.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-16 00:39 AM EDT (US)     864 / 1043       
That would require the sequels to acknowledge the PT. And they won't do that.
How can they not acknowledge the prequel trilogy when it's the story of how Anakin became Darth Vader?

And why did you change your name, Moff?

I hope it's just a temporary one because it's quite lame.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-02-2016 @ 00:43 AM).]

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-16 01:24 AM EDT (US)     865 / 1043       
I don't know about any of you, but I give the win to Ahsoka in her light saber duel against Vader.

She struck a blow against him and caused damage to him and he did nothing to her in regards to an injury.

Darth Vader vs. Ahsoka

Read in a voice like this (of your choosing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFi_RzsKajA

It's time again for another Epic Death Battle! Welcome to the show I'm Orrion Carn, also known as Ryan with Ryan Set Go, let's judge the setup of this battle to see who could possibly win this epic life and death battle between former master and apprentice!

We have Ahsoka Tano in the left corner, a Togruta with exceptional Sensitivity to the Force. She's gone toe-to-toe with many Sith in her time during her time actively serving the Grand Republic during the Clone Wars. Having proven her innocence after being framed for a bombing in the Jedi Temple, the Jedi secluded herself into self-exile and managed to avoid the Jedi Purge lead by Emperor Palpatine and the newly christened Darth Vader. This allowed her to begin fostering a Rebellion against the newly formed Empire.

In the right corner we have Darth Vader, a human hailing from the dust-slave-hole of Tatooine. Able to use the same Force that Ahsoka has, but with potentially even greater power deep within him. Because of this massive ego that he is the Chosen One who will set Balance to the Force, he easily became seduced to the Dark Side by the Emperor Palpatine and wiped out the Jedi almost single-handed. He's faced off against dozens of former Jedi Masters and has continued to gain experience in defeating Force users.

In the recent Season 2 Finale of Star Wars Rebels, the two faced off in the heart of a Sith Temple that doubles as a battle station. An exhausted Ahsoka Tano saves her friends so they could escape and live on, while she faces Darth Vader alone in closed quarters.

Final duel sense between master and apprentice. Cage match. Thunderdome chanting. Exclusion of potential intercourse. Darth Vader seen years later having survived said cage match.

Winner: The Dreaded Dark Lord of the Sith, the Righteous Right Hand of the Emperor, the Banisher of Jedi...

DAAAAAAARTH VAAAAAAADEEEEEER!!!

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-16 01:38 AM EDT (US)     866 / 1043       
Read in a voice like this (of your choosing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFi_RzsKajA

It's time again for another Epic Death Battle! Welcome to the show I'm Orrion Carn, also known as Ryan with Ryan Set Go, let's judge the setup of this battle to see who could possibly win this epic life and death battle between former master and apprentice!

We have Ahsoka Tano in the left corner, a Togruta with exceptional Sensitivity to the Force. She's gone toe-to-toe with many Sith in her time during her time actively serving the Grand Republic during the Clone Wars. Having proven her innocence after being framed for a bombing in the Jedi Temple, the Jedi secluded herself into self-exile and managed to avoid the Jedi Purge lead by Emperor Palpatine and the newly christened Darth Vader. This allowed her to begin fostering a Rebellion against the newly formed Empire.

In the right corner we have Darth Vader, a human hailing from the dust-slave-hole of Tatooine. Able to use the same Force that Ahsoka has, but with potentially even greater power deep within him. Because of this massive ego that he is the Chosen One who will set Balance to the Force, he easily became seduced to the Dark Side by the Emperor Palpatine and wiped out the Jedi almost single-handed. He's faced off against dozens of former Jedi Masters and has continued to gain experience in defeating Force users.

In the recent Season 2 Finale of Star Wars Rebels, the two faced off in the heart of a Sith Temple that doubles as a battle station. An exhausted Ahsoka Tano saves her friends so they could escape and live on, while she faces Darth Vader alone in closed quarters.

Final duel sense between master and apprentice. Cage match. Thunderdome chanting. Exclusion of potential intercourse. Darth Vader seen years later having survived said cage match.

Winner: The Dreaded Dark Lord of the Sith, the Righteous Right Hand of the Emperor, the Banisher of Jedi...

DAAAAAAARTH VAAAAAAADEEEEEER!!!
Who struck a blow to Vader and damaged him while he did nothing to harm her?

I believe it was Ahsoka.

Ahsoka was clearly the winner of the duel.
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-16 01:49 AM EDT (US)     867 / 1043       
*Can't see behind 10-inch thick Sith metal*

Results inconclusive.

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-02-16 07:12 AM EDT (US)     868 / 1043       
I hope it's just a temporary one because it's quite lame.
I didn't pick it; someone has a sense of humor. So, I hope it's temporary too. Although, watching people try to spell it right for forum lists and stuff would be funny.

So, some people are saying Dave Filoni is confirming Ahsoka's death. I don't know... it would be just like them to keep bringing people back. And I physically cannot bear to hear the man talk so I cannot watch any of his video interviews. <_<

Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-16 08:31 AM EDT (US)     869 / 1043       
Who struck a blow to Vader and damaged him while he did nothing to harm her?
It would be un-Disneylike to have unarmoured, squishy Ahsoka be hurt on-screen. On the other hand, Vader is armoured, more machine than man, can be repaired easily between episodes and doesn't have a visible face that kids can identify with. Plus, he's the bad guy.

I see this more of a Disneyism than some kind of indicator of Ahsoka being superior to Vader.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-02-16 08:34 AM EDT (US)     870 / 1043       
Why do you guys keep carrying tasty treats under the toll bridge?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27 28 29 30 31 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames