Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kongou Dess
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 10-18-15 09:31 AM EDT (US)     781 / 1043       
You stop that. <_<

But now we're going to have to suffer the indignity of AT-AT walkers getting blown up by a mere AT-TE. How disgusting.

Also, why did the Empire let the clones keep their guns?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-22-15 05:40 AM EDT (US)     782 / 1043       
Officer: Shall we commence orbital bombardment?
Everybody in the goddamn universe: YES.
Kallus: No.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 10-22-15 08:50 PM EDT (US)     783 / 1043       
"Of course not! We just got the new walker toys in!"

Why is Agent Kallus personally directing an armor assault? Uh, shouldn't three AT-ATs have a lieutenant or captain doing the actual maneuvering while Kallus barks orders? <_<

C'mon guys, a couple more Imps would help keep things fresh.

EDIT: Fanservice... but not for this fan. More irritated than anything else. >_>

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-22-2015 @ 09:00 PM).]

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 10-29-15 09:01 PM EDT (US)     784 / 1043       
So, our heroes discover that there's more than one Inquisitor. And... friction between the henchmen of the Empire. Interesting.

I liked this one.

Also, Lady Inquisitor is part GlaDOS, part Aria, and part turian. In a Miralarian body.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-29-2015 @ 09:02 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-29-15 10:31 PM EDT (US)     785 / 1043       
Those two were supposed to be scary, right?

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-29-15 10:47 PM EDT (US)     786 / 1043       
Also, Lady Inquisitor is part GlaDOS, part Aria, and part turian.
That sounds...awesome.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 10-30-15 07:08 AM EDT (US)     787 / 1043       
The male is just a dumb brute. Ignore him.

But the female has some complexity... and a very good actress.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-30-2015 @ 07:16 AM).]

Farlander
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-15 06:31 AM EDT (US)     788 / 1043       
Agent Kallus
Can't they name antagonists in a way that doesn't make them sound like antagonists?

I mean, I know nothing of the show, but just by name and because this is Star Wars I can only presume this is a bad guy, most likely one of the main ones
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-03-15 06:19 PM EDT (US)     789 / 1043       
They started it in the original CW... then in TCW... then in Rebels.

Grievous, Whorm Loathsom, Morallo Eval--oh wait, it actually started in AotC with Elan Sleazebaggano--Savage Opress, Feral Opress, Maul Opress, Agent Kallus... <_<

No, wait. It actually started in Return of the Jedi: Salacious Crumb. >_>

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-15 06:34 PM EDT (US)     790 / 1043       
One could argue that it started in ANH with Darth Vader, though at least that's a little more subtle as long as you don't know German or Dutch.

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-03-15 06:47 PM EDT (US)     791 / 1043       
German: Dunkel Vater? Dutch: Donker Vader? I'm starting to take issue with the alleged etymology of the "Darth" title. >_>

And that assumes Lucas really did plan the whole father thing.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-15 06:53 PM EDT (US)     792 / 1043       
Yeah, I don't buy the "Darth" bit (especially since he decided to pass it on to all the Sith ), but I wouldn't be surprised if he grabbed Vader from Dutch or German (German would seem more likely, though the English pronunciation is closer to Dutch). Whether Vader was originally intended to be Luke's father is still up for debate. We know he wasn't originally intended to be Leia's father, though, since that was decided on the set.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-08-15 06:46 PM EDT (US)     793 / 1043       
I just realized I've already forgotten the most recent Rebels episode.

Must've been quite gripping. <_<

Oh, now I remember... Hondo. Meh.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-14-15 09:32 PM EDT (US)     794 / 1043       
So, finally caught the new one...
This doesn't bother me too much. I thought the idea of the small ill-equipped Rebels having the capacity to design and mass produce new fighters, tanks, capital ships, etc was kinda stupid. I figured they'd just use whatever ancient trash they could get running. Which I think may have been the original plan, before the EU came in to turn every vaguely loose thread into dollars.
So... Ackbar and some engineers and naval personnel designing and turning out small numbers of B-Wings in fabrication facilities is kinda eh...

How about one crazy Mon Calamari, on a planet that kills ships and with no one else around, kitbashes together the B-Wing prototype. Which, by the way, features an OMGWTFBBQ beam cannon that can one-shot cruisers?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-15-15 11:47 AM EDT (US)     795 / 1043       
How about one crazy Mon Calamari, on a planet that kills ships and with no one else around, kitbashes together the B-Wing prototype.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-15-15 12:20 PM EDT (US)     796 / 1043       
Your image is one pixel.

EDIT: There we go!

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-15-2015 @ 12:20 PM).]

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-19-15 09:07 PM EDT (US)     797 / 1043       
This episode was a bit light, but a fun romp. Some nice development on Sabine... I was a touch incredulous at first at the notion of her being a former bounty hunter, but they pointed out her old partner joined her in the breakout of the Imperial Academy. Of course, even if you allow for a very brief career with bounty hunting... seems an odd occupation for a 15-year old. <_<

But it is Star Wars. We have fully-empowered rulers at 14. >_>

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-19-15 09:33 PM EDT (US)     798 / 1043       
Who were elected, no less, and promptly tell you that they're not the youngest ruler in their planet's history.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-19-15 10:13 PM EDT (US)     799 / 1043       
...Dear God; I'd blocked out that line. Why, Zaarin? Why you do this?

Now Max is going to have plant truly disturbing images in Captain Sulis' mind. <_<

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-15 08:59 PM EDT (US)     800 / 1043       
I haven't been able to see Star Wars Rebels since I don't have Disney DX, but I've been reading what happens after the airing of the episodes on Wikipeda. I know I probably don't get that much detail of the episode, but I guess it'll have to do.
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-20-15 09:06 PM EDT (US)     801 / 1043       
Look them up on DailyMotion.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-20-15 09:46 PM EDT (US)     802 / 1043       
Now Max is going to have plant truly disturbing images in Captain Sulis' mind. <_<
It's been so long since anyone responded I'd stopped checking; I didn't even notice you'd posted on the first.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-22-15 12:44 PM EDT (US)     803 / 1043       
Yeaaaaaah... sorry about that.

Now to plant disturbing images in her mind. Maybe just as a side thread. a little vignette of indeterminate chronology (but... after the first mission, at least)?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-22-15 03:22 PM EDT (US)     804 / 1043       
It's not your fault; you were the only one actually posting. If you examine how the last one ended, you'll note this is a recurring problem.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 11-25-15 09:16 PM EDT (US)     805 / 1043       
Interdictors, Blackshirts, a gut punch... oooooh dis wus gud wun.

Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 12-10-15 08:52 PM EDT (US)     806 / 1043       
Good, we wrapped up that hanging "Ezra's stupid parents" thread.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-16 06:02 PM EDT (US)     807 / 1043       
Well, it appears Ahsoka will battle Vader sometime in the second half of season 2 (I saw the trailer for it).

Now...I know most of you don't like Ahsoka's character, but there is a deep question to ask regarding her character...

Do you think Anakin would've still have turned to the dark side if Ahsoka didn't leave the jedi order?
Kongou Dess
Moff
posted 01-15-16 06:21 PM EDT (US)     808 / 1043       
Yes, because he did before there was an Ahsoka.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-16 06:31 PM EDT (US)     809 / 1043       
Yes, because he did before there was an Ahsoka.
When?

Anakin didn't turn to the dark side until after Ahsoka left the jedi order.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-16 06:55 PM EDT (US)     810 / 1043       
Anakin was first mentioned falling to the dark side in 1977. Anakin was first shown falling to the dark side in 2002 2005. Ahsoka Tano first existed in 2008. Which means that Ahsoka Tano was not considered as a motive for his fall when it was written, either in 1977 or in 2005. While after the fact her exile may have been considered as "additional motivation," it cannot be considered primary or even particularly significant, since his fall was originally written before her story even existed.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames