You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1043 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Rebels
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-26-15 10:16 AM EDT (US)     661 / 1043       
We had something similar happen over at AoKH...

It... didn't end well.

Also, anyone up for helping me earn some weapon achievements in ME3? <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Maegereg
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 01:08 PM EDT (US)     662 / 1043       
Any time.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 01:09 PM EDT (US)     663 / 1043       
Not Sith ones though. That's a rogue element that Palpatine would surely never allow to roam free. So if it is her and she is serving Vader, I think it's very unlikely that she will be serving under contract as a bounty hunter.
Unless Palpatine and Vader don't know that it is Ventress. A new costume can also mean a new identity for the character so that she can do her job as a bounty hunter without being discovered.

Just because a character uses lightsabres as weapons doesn't make them jedi or sith they could just prefer them to be their weapons.

The use of the force makes a character a jedi or a sith and those that have that ability (like Ventress does) can easily pretend that they don't to fool those around them.

Grevious fought with lightsabres, but clearly wasn't a force user for example.
I would like to clarify (because this is a constant issue with you Shifter and it's very frustrating) that I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE for her to be a bounty hunter, just very unlikely, for the reasons stated above.
Which I gave a reasonable explanation for. If Ventress is going to take a bounty hunter job for the Empire then it's quite clear that she's not going to reveal who she really is she's going to go by another identity.

I'm just making the point that the character shown in the trailer appears to be very Ventress like.

The helmet can easily hide Ventress' form of a head and the body style matches Ventress almost to a tee.

If Ventress dies in this upcoming novel before the episode comes out then obviously the character can't be her, but if she doesn't then the possibility of it being her still remains.

Besides, the character might not even be a bounty hunter after all for all we know making it even more possible for it to be Ventress according to your standards.
It might be possible though, regardless of how ridiculous. In fact one might say:

If she appears as a bounty hunter in it I won't like it, but that will be her fate nevertheless that retcons what happens to her character in the comics and it will be official canon...it's as simple as that and I will have to accept that...and I will.
Duely noted, but such a thing isn't ridiculous unless of course Ventress reveals herself as Ventress to Palpatine and Vader before taking the job or anytime afterwards. Like I stated Ventress isn't going to be stupid and reveal such a thing to them if it is her.

And as I also stated the character might not even be a bounty hunter anyway.
You know a guy starts losing it when he has to reassure himself multiple times that HE HAS WON.
I haven't lost it I'm just pointing out something that is a fact and since it is a fact I don't have to bother to reassure myself that I have won because I already know that I have.
HE HAS WON AND EVERYONE ELSE LOSES DUE TO HIS COMMAND OVER THE FACTS.
Actually no one has command over facts they are either facts or they are not and facts speak for themselves.
AND THE FACTS ALL AGREE THAT HIS IS THE TRUE REALITY AND WE ARE ALL LIVING IN DENIAL!

When you choose to deny the statements made time and time again that the movies, series, and only official comics and novels stated to be official canon are in fact official canon then you are living in denial...and that is a fact.

There can only be one official canon that all characters abide by. If a character is killed off in the official canon then that character can't be considered to be alive outside of the official canon unless said character is resurrected in a story that exists within the official canon.

Take Darth Maul for example. There was a comic that resurrected his character outside the official canon before he was actually resurrected in the Clone Wars series. I didn't accept that resurrection until it was made official by the Clone Wars series which is part of the official canon.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-26-2015 @ 01:38 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-26-15 01:37 PM EDT (US)     664 / 1043       
Hmm. Looks like the Season Two opener already aired at Celebration Anaheim. We will be getting it this fall.
In this hour-long premiere of Season Two of Star Wars Rebels, the Ghost crew and their allies face Darth Vader for the first time and Ahsoka Tano discovers the true identity of Darth Vader.
Ahsoka Tano discovers the true identity of Darth Vader.
Well, she'll certainly be dead by the end of the season (though not likely by the end of the episode; we'll need some angst first).

Anyw--WAIT WHAT
James Earl Jones as Darth Vader
SWEET CELESTIA ON A POGO STICK HOLY F**KING SHIT NO WAY

THE MASTER HIMSELF... IS VOICING... O_O

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEE

Though, that might just be for the premiere. It didn't really sound like him in the trailer. On the other hand, voices can change in forty years. So I dunno.

And it doesn't make up for A-Wings, B-Wings, and assorted and discussed-ad-nauseum prequel garbage infiltrating its way in.

Also, there's Sarah Michelle Gellar's character floating around.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 01:44 PM EDT (US)     665 / 1043       
Well, she'll certainly be dead by the end of the season (though not likely by the end of the episode; we'll need some angst first).
To quote Padme in regards to that statement..."You assume to much".

You all seem to assume that Ahsoka has to be killed off by Vader.

For all we know she could end up making an appearance in the upcoming movies as a really old Ahsoka that ends up meeting Luke before she dies of natural causes.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-26-2015 @ 01:44 PM).]

Viceroy Billy
Clone Trooper
(id: Billy9)
posted 04-26-15 02:37 PM EDT (US)     666 / 1043       
Yeah, I'm not even going to bother anymore. I don't know how you guys can stand someone so insipid.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 04-26-15 03:22 PM EDT (US)     667 / 1043       
Usually I pretend he doesn't exist. Shoulda kept that up here. Would have saved me a headache or two.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 04-26-15 03:28 PM EDT (US)     668 / 1043       
To quote Padme in regards to that statement..."You assume to much".
Quoting Padme will never help you in anything.
For all we know she could end up making an appearance in the upcoming movies as a really old Ahsoka that ends up meeting Luke before she dies of natural causes.
Sure, what's one more really old person in an already almost-dead cast. Seriously, if Insurrection couldn't even include a line about Jadzia's death for fear of confusing the audience, why on earth would JJ drag in an ancient of days ex-Jedi who most of the audience wouldn't even know exists (bearing in mind that the vast majority of the audience will have seen only the six films)?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 05:46 PM EDT (US)     669 / 1043       
I don't know why I ventured into this thread, but you guys realize that pointless arguments with Shifter now constitute one of the most fundamental features of SWU, right?

Let's all let that sink in for a second.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
The RPG & Election Ruiner
Lord Fooby & Lord Fyyarby '09 - The Superior Choice
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 05:49 PM EDT (US)     670 / 1043       
It's a bad habit.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 06:11 PM EDT (US)     671 / 1043       
Shifter must allegedly be something like 50 now.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 04-26-15 07:09 PM EDT (US)     672 / 1043       
Well I'm going to keep going. It's cathartic!
The use of the force makes a character a jedi or a sith and those that have that ability (like Ventress does) can easily pretend that they don't to fool those around them.

Grevious fought with lightsabres, but clearly wasn't a force user for example.
But force users, whether active or not, have a presence that can be detected in the force. As far as I know the only force user who was able to mask his presence in the force was Palpatine, and even though he very rarely used the force at all, even then Yoda was able to detect a great darkness which he couldn't place. So unless you are suggesting Ventress is a force user at the same level as Palpatine (which is an unfathomable jump from the character who was bested by so many Jedi and Sith in TCW, since when it is unlikely that she has had any additional training) she couldn't possibly just pretend she wasn't a force user by hiding her powers.
Just because a character uses lightsabres as weapons doesn't make them jedi or sith they could just prefer them to be their weapons.
This only strengthens my point - even if by some miracle Ventress was able to hide her force sensitivity, someone who used a lightsabre would raise a lot of suspicion. She would be subject to the highest level of scrutiny by Vader and Palpatine, who are not idiots and would discover her true identity quickly.

The lightsabre itself raises questions - where would she have claimed to have acquired it? If it were any other colour than red it would be reasonable to say that she took it from a fallen Jedi during the purge, or one she had killed. But there are very few red lightsabres in existence at this point in canon. It would raise a lot of questions.
A new costume can also mean a new identity for the character so that she can do her job as a bounty hunter without being discovered.
But with all I've stated above, there are far too many reasons for Vader to not think she is who she claims. If in the extremely unlikely situation that she can mask her force presence and bluff away the origins of her lightsabre, all it would take is the very slightest suspicion for Vader to ask her to remove her helmet. And then she's done for.
Take Darth Maul for example. There was a comic that resurrected his character outside the official canon before he was actually resurrected in the Clone Wars series. I didn't accept that resurrection until it was made official by the Clone Wars series which is part of the official canon.
And we've already said at great length how utterly ridiculous it was: he was cut in half and fell thousands of feet into the planet's core, which he somehow survived and was able to, in his state, craft himself a functioning set of mechanical prosthetic legs and then get off planet. No matter which way you look at that, it is unbelievably stupid.

But it happened and we have to accept that as canon. In the same way (as I've already conceded - twice) it is possible for Ventress' character to return as an inquisitor in Rebels - but it would frankly be a very ridiculous turn of events.

Why do you think Darth Maul was resurrected? Because of the fan boys - to appease the people that worshipped his character so that the industry can squeeze more money out of them. If Ventress is brought back to the series in this way then it will be for the same reason as Maul: not because it makes sense to have her return as this character, but because they want to sell her in a new outfit as a villain again.

I think it's far more likely that the first inquisitor and the two others shown in the trailer are Palpatine's secret apprentices, just as Maul was. They have similar lightsabres and fighting styles (with some variation) from the brief glimpses we've seen so it makes sense that they may well have been trained at the same time as Maul.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 03:38 AM EDT (US)     673 / 1043       
@ISOmetric...

I'm just pointing out the similar things between the character in the trailer and Ventress which makes me believe that she is Ventress.

Can anyone deny the things that are similar to Ventress that the character has?

How often in the past have clues pointing to such characters ended up being what they turned out to be in Star Wars series?

The clues pointing to Fulcum being Ahsoka turned out to be true didn't they?

So, it's likely that the simliar things pointing to the character in the trailer to be Ventress that I've seen could likely turn out to be true as well.

As long as a character lives then they can be used and even after their deaths they can be used if they are somehow resurrected or used as a spiritual being after their deaths.

Remember...it's fiction and that means anything goes as long as it is explained even if it doesn't make much sense.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-27-2015 @ 03:41 AM).]

Admiral Fyyar
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 06:14 AM EDT (US)     674 / 1043       
I remember seeing some sort of computer animated Transformers show where Megatron died and returned as a ghost. A robot ghost. Now that's original.

ADMIRAL FYYAR
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 06:43 AM EDT (US)     675 / 1043       
"In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Robot Ghost..."

Anyway, epic ME3 playing yesterday got me thinking of the ways one could fix SW. Alas... it is hopeless. But at least we'll have Season One of Rebels as a last gasp of decent stories and characters before it goes Full Filoni. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 04-27-2015 @ 06:59 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 10:11 AM EDT (US)     676 / 1043       
Full Filoni
At first I read that as "Full Fillion," and I was like, "Yes, please."

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 11:49 AM EDT (US)     677 / 1043       
What if it was Full Frontal Fillion?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 12:03 PM EDT (US)     678 / 1043       
Already happened.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 12:09 PM EDT (US)     679 / 1043       
...Well, as long as Fillion isn't going Full Frontal to any Fillies... <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 12:17 PM EDT (US)     680 / 1043       
This conversation is very quickly weirding me out.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 12:31 PM EDT (US)     681 / 1043       
That's part of the fun in life. Besides... you know what the alternative is.

(Also, I'm out of Fillion alliteration puns)

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 01:31 PM EDT (US)     682 / 1043       
Ooooh...Rebels directed by Jonathan Frakes.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 03:31 PM EDT (US)     683 / 1043       
It is pretty fortunate that he's a better director than actor. Not that he's a bad actor, but he's definitely a better director.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 04:18 PM EDT (US)     684 / 1043       
It's just like you guys to discuss non-Star Wars things on a Star Wars Rebels thread especially when the subject matter I brought up is in fact about the show.

I think there should be a rule in these threads to only discuss the subject matter and nothing else...which is what I was doing.

If anything else is to be talked about it should get it's own thread.

So, any mod...why don't you do your jobs for a change and enforce the rules.

Any other discussions that do NOT relate to Star Wars Rebels or Star Wars in general shoud be banned from this thread.

I wish I was a mod here because believe me I'd make some changes around here that is for sure.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 04-27-2015 @ 04:19 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 04:25 PM EDT (US)     685 / 1043       
Ooooh...Rebels directed by Jonathan Frakes.
Wait. Are you serious?

Also, I'm impressed you know who Jonathan Frakes is given your allergic reaction to all things Trek.
So, any mod...why don't you do your jobs for a change and enforce the rules.
Because banning you leads to things getting boring.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 04:51 PM EDT (US)     686 / 1043       
Because banning you leads to things getting boring.
If things are boring when I'm not around (such as if I got banned) then why am I ignored when I am around?

You and others are flat out ignoring the topic I brought up about that character in the trailer being a possible Ventress.

If you continue to ignore topics I bring up then someday I will leave for good and that can happen at anytime.

I haven't been aound in here as much as I used to and I can easily do such a thing again.
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 04:52 PM EDT (US)     687 / 1043       
@ Moff: Dude, just because I don't like Star Trek doesn't mean I don't know who the actors are.

And Jonathan Frakes is a damn good director. Hell, I actually enjoyed First Contact! I would LOVE to see him direct Rebels.

EDIT: Moff says boring. I say peaceful.

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 04-27-2015 @ 04:53 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 04:59 PM EDT (US)     688 / 1043       
@ Moff: Dude, just because I don't like Star Trek doesn't mean I don't know who the actors are.
Okay, okay. Fair enough.
And Jonathan Frakes is a damn good director. Hell, I actually enjoyed First Contact! I would LOVE to see him direct Rebels.
...I dunno. Do we really want time and S&M seduction plots?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 04-27-15 05:00 PM EDT (US)     689 / 1043       
Darth Vader was already in full body black leather. I'd say the S&M ship has already sailed

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 04-27-15 05:07 PM EDT (US)     690 / 1043       
...Nah, that's different. That's like an SS trenchcoat.

Now, Anakin and Padme... that's another matter. <_<

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames