Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 11-04-14 12:03 PM EDT (US)     481 / 1043       
Stickybeard was one of the more effective villains; he captured Sector V several times in the early seasons before Father showed up and all the other villains became idiots.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 11-04-14 08:02 PM EDT (US)     482 / 1043       
So, I can confirm you can find Rebels episodes on YouTube... though frequently of poor quality.

Just watched Monday's because I keep forgetting. A little annoyed at first, but more due to RPG implications (which don't even matter since, as much as I like Rebels, I'm not making part of the timeline) and some silliness. Picked up, though. Good finish.

It even kinda explains why Imperials tend to carry the idiot ball.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-17-14 08:29 PM EDT (US)     483 / 1043       
ROFL Empire Day

ROFL laying on the Nazi themes a bit much.

DATA! So glad he wasn't a one-off deal.

GASP
A FEMALE GOVERNOR

Also, cheesy Imperial March remix.

WTF is "synar" <_<

And thermal detonators double as fireworks

Ugh.
So...
Luke, Leia, and Aladdin...
Born on the same day.

LMFAO FIVE YEAR PLAN
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Ooooh and I heard Dee Bradley Baker, I think

Also, nice cameo from Sentinel-class lander. And uh-oh, Kallus is up to something.

And Inquisitor gets a badass flight helmet. AND he takes down the droid! :D

And to be continued. Hopefully when my TV works better. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-17-2014 @ 08:30 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-18-14 08:24 PM EDT (US)     484 / 1043       
So, uh, my verdict on the Imperial Handbook: save your money; the neat motorized case isn't worth it, and neither is the cool Imperial Nazi Party pin. Also, they really lay on the Third Reich visuals in this book; all of the Imperial flags scream kiddie- and export-friendly Blutfahne. But other than it, it's actually just a stripped-down Imperial Sourcebook.

It does have a couple new tidbits, and was clearly trying to tie into Rebels before ultimately being cast aside (the Handbook is Legends canon). Little pictures of Kallus, the AT-DP, and the Imperial troop carrier from the show appear, as well as mention of the Lasan Suppression. But, maybe, if you can get the book itself for fifteen to twenty dollars, it'll be worth it. Don't spend 80 for the case and pin and giant shipping box.

...Not that I don't like the case or pin. In fact, it's given me ideas for the SWVII RPG.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-11-15 02:37 PM EDT (US)     485 / 1043       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtvQFpCaBys

The latest one. Only eight minutes in and kinda more confused and meh than before. Apparently, in some Jedi Temples, the Jedi are perfectly willing to kill off their Masters if their Padawans fail (by starvation, not execution ). And some of the sequences so far have questionable editing, though that could be due to removed commercial breaks.

EDIT: Hmm. Of course it has its own sound set. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 01-11-2015 @ 02:56 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 01-11-15 03:51 PM EDT (US)     486 / 1043       
Yeah, it seems that whenever TCW, and now apparently Rebels too, takes a trip through largely Jedi/Force related territory it goes all wibbly-wobbly.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-11-15 04:16 PM EDT (US)     487 / 1043       
It seems like they shot their volley on the two-parter... then kinda rushed this one out to give Ezra some basic Force powers and a lightsaber. It's like the first levels of Jedi Outcast.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-11-15 07:16 PM EDT (US)     488 / 1043       
I thought the first couple levels of Jedi Outcast were the best.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-11-15 07:28 PM EDT (US)     489 / 1043       
In terms of design, yes. But enabling g_saberrealisticcombat and then chopping up everything in sight is the main draw of the game.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-11-15 07:38 PM EDT (US)     490 / 1043       
I thought Kyle Katarn's wit was the main draw.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-11-15 07:44 PM EDT (US)     491 / 1043       
...No, it comes up too few and far between the giant spawns of Reborn and Tavion clones I like to chuck my super-powered lightsaber into.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-11-15 08:01 PM EDT (US)     492 / 1043       
Good point.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-12-15 05:59 AM EDT (US)     493 / 1043       

Even though I only saw this just now, that face must be why I had trouble sleeping.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 01-12-15 08:55 PM EDT (US)     494 / 1043       
Oh come on, she's not even one of the blue ones!

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-13-15 06:17 AM EDT (US)     495 / 1043       
I meant in the Nightmare Fuel sense... and not her. <_<

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 01-13-15 06:25 PM EDT (US)     496 / 1043       
I was talking to the guy in the picture.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-13-15 06:45 PM EDT (US)     497 / 1043       
She does have Jan Ors' voice... <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-13-15 06:57 PM EDT (US)     498 / 1043       
Which voice of Jan Ors? I think she's had three or four.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 01-14-15 04:48 PM EDT (US)     499 / 1043       
Please tell me that Lando wasn't revealed to be Fulcrum.

I want Fulcrum to be Ahsoka Tano.
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-14-15 06:05 PM EDT (US)     500 / 1043       
Damn. I missed it.

Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 01-15-15 11:41 AM EDT (US)     501 / 1043       
Not only was Lando revealed to be Fulcrum, Fulcrum was revealed to be a trap set up by the Empire to draw in any potential dissenters for arrest. As the crew of the Ghost were carted off to spend the rest of their lives toiling away in slave camps, Lando high-fived Darth Vader and said how he looked forward to working with him again in the future.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-15 04:44 PM EDT (US)     502 / 1043       
Eothain...I recently looked it up...nice try. But, Lando wasn't revealed to be Fulcrum (at least not in what I read).
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-15 04:55 PM EDT (US)     503 / 1043       
As the crew of the Ghost were carted off to spend the rest of their lives toiling away in slave camps, Lando high-fived Darth Vader and said how he looked forward to working with him again in the future.
That is what should have happened.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 01-15-15 05:01 PM EDT (US)     504 / 1043       
I'm sure it's what will eventually happen.

They are a bit Doomed By Canon. <_<

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-15 05:35 PM EDT (US)     505 / 1043       
I get the feeling that Lando's character isn't among the favorites of you guys.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 01-15-15 07:51 PM EDT (US)     506 / 1043       
Actually, we're talking about the shows' original characters. Though I have to say that I've gotten the impression (including from having met him) that Billy Dee Williams is a bit of a jerk.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-14-15 02:50 PM EDT (US)     507 / 1043       

This is in the in-universe Imperial anthem. <_<

Crush.

Kill.

Destroy.

EDIT: So, finally found some episodes on YouTube. What is "suh-BAWK"? <_<

Ummm... Lando is hitting on Sabine. Sabine is a teenager. An underage one. And Rebels just went full TCW.

The grins on everyone's faces when they were shooting at Ezra was hilarious. Can't blame them. :p

...Is there a Senate on every fricking planet? Come on.

Final episode aired... WITH TARKY :D - http://www.novamov.com/video/26d6ff58cc647

DAT MOTHABUCKIN' INTRO

"But I like this gun!"
"We'll get you another gun!"

Hell of a cliffhanger ending.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 02-14-2015 @ 04:28 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-15 08:13 AM EDT (US)     508 / 1043       
That was the final episode? Well... that sucks, surprisingly. I was getting into it!

Regardless, Rebels is definitely better than TCW, barring a few things that would only appeal to the kids (which is fine, because it's a kids' show) and some iffy moments and themes which I'm more or less willing to look over (like the Jedi masters who died waiting for their padawans to come out of the testing grounds... where they also died. WTF?)

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 02-15-15 08:15 AM EDT (US)     509 / 1043       
No, no. Not the final episode; the final episode aired so far. My bad.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-15 08:21 AM EDT (US)     510 / 1043       
Ah. That's good - I did think it was an odd number for a series to have.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames