You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1043 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Star Wars Rebels
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 10-31-14 03:48 PM EDT (US)     451 / 1043       
...They were? I kinda figured "hologram" right away.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-31-14 04:54 PM EDT (US)     452 / 1043       
(and Ezra)
What does it say about me that I read that as, "(and Ezri)"?

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 10-31-14 06:02 PM EDT (US)     453 / 1043       
It means you're a terrible human being!

I don't even know what you're talking about

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-31-14 06:15 PM EDT (US)     454 / 1043       

Ezri Dax, ninth host of the Dax symbiont (because apparently Verad doesn't count ), and incredibly inept station's counselor aboard Deep Space Nine following the death of Dax's previous and more awesome host, Jadzia Dax.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-31-14 06:25 PM EDT (US)     455 / 1043       
More importantly, Nicole De Boer. <_<

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-31-14 08:02 PM EDT (US)     456 / 1043       
Pfft, Terry Ferrell was more attractive and is now a lot more attractive; Ms. DeBoer hasn't aged quite as well. It's actually kind of scary when I realized Terry Ferrell is only a few years younger than my mom.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 10-31-2014 @ 08:04 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-31-14 08:53 PM EDT (US)     457 / 1043       
I saw her in a thing Shatner was doing on BBCA. It's... rather sobering to realize just how long ago DS9 aired.

And yes, I'd agree with you. De Boer is more... cute, though. Or was.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-31-14 09:01 PM EDT (US)     458 / 1043       
Yeah, DeBoer was cute. All three of DS9's leading ladies were quite attractive. And for that matter so was Kasidy Yates, in a more mature way (and I thought she and Sisko were probably one of the best Star Trek couples). Actually, that reminds me that I figured out why most Star Trek romances suck: most of them begin and end in a single episode. I really wish they hadn't done that to "Lessons"; Picard and Nella Darren could also have made a great couple if they'd lasted more than an episode. TNG really gives off the impression that everyone except Miles Edward O'Brien has commitment issues in the 24th century, and except for Sisko/Kasidy and Jadzia/Worf, that's one thing DS9 really doesn't improve on. Poor Julian.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-01-14 11:58 AM EDT (US)     459 / 1043       
Bashir has the excuse of Deep Dark Secret for most of the run... and even after he's outed to the main cast, he probably doesn't advertise outside that circle.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-14 12:05 PM EDT (US)     460 / 1043       
Which is why the ending of "Chrysalis" is sad. But still one of my favorite episodes. I know Siddig hated the big reveal in "Dr. Bashir, I Presume," and I know it's a weird on-set decision but it added so much depth to his character. Plus it made his five or so conflicting backstories, his fascination with spy fantasies, the obvious fact that he deliberately sabotaged himself on his final and then weakly excused it, and Garak's interest in him all make sense. The fact is he's as compulsive a liar as Garak.

But even so Bashir's romantic life as portrayed on screen is worse than Troi's. And his successes (Leeta, Ezri) are almost as bad his failures. Am I the only one who thought Leeta was a horrible character with little more justification for existence than "bewbz!"? :/

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 10:42 AM EDT (US)     461 / 1043       
I've finally caught up on the last few episodes. It's certainly a lot better than I expected it to be. I am happy about Luminara's use in the series - that's how they should be doing cameos, IMO. A significant part in the plot, but not so much that they overshadow the other cast members for the sake of nostalgia (see that episode with C-3PO and R2-D2). The inquisitor is certainly an improvement on any one of the TCW villains (with the exception of maybe Cad Bane, but apparently I liked him a helluva lot more than everyone else did ) and considering we've seen him for all of about two minutes I'm expecting more from him. In fact, Kallus is a good villain too, despite some dodgy dialogue when he's fighting Zeb in an earlier episode.

Still not convinced by the Tron lightsabre though. The art was misleading, I thought it was permanently on the full ring - actually, when it's only on "half" it's pretty cool, like a knuckle-bow. But the spinning thing shouldn't work - surely the crystal is in the hilt, so when the ring starts spinning that link should be broken? Eh, as usual, I guess we're not supposed to think about it that much. This is a petty gripe though, the kind of thing that I suppose you can get away with in a kids' show.

So yeah, so far impressed. Not perfect, obviously, and I've still not warmed to Aladdin, but I am enjoying it a lot more than I expected.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 10:55 AM EDT (US)     462 / 1043       
I am happy about Luminara's use in the series
Did Cree Summer voice her again?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 11:04 AM EDT (US)     463 / 1043       
I don't think she had any lines at all!

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 11:20 AM EDT (US)     464 / 1043       
Shame. I'll enjoy her briefly in Act 2 of Broken Age then.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-02-14 12:08 PM EDT (US)     465 / 1043       
In fact, Kallus is a good villain too, despite some dodgy dialogue when he's fighting Zeb in an earlier episode.
There's some... but that moment when he's on the ground, starts laughing hysterically and bellows, "You're right!" in response to Zeb's challenge... that was awesome.
Still not convinced by the Tron lightsabre though. The art was misleading, I thought it was permanently on the full ring - actually, when it's only on "half" it's pretty cool, like a knuckle-bow.
I actually saw traces of an old-fashioned rapier to it, with the elaborate handguards and stuff. And I loved his classic fencing technique in lieu of even the Form II stuff.

But yeah, I suggest anyone that can watch this do so. And the rest of you, look on YouTube; there's gotta be some uploads here and there before Disney's legal storm troopers take them down.

Shifter
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 02:19 PM EDT (US)     466 / 1043       
This thread's name needs to be changed due to all the Star Trek talk in here over Star Wars talk.

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 11-02-2014 @ 02:19 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 02:54 PM EDT (US)     467 / 1043       
To be fair, Rebels is actually being discussed here, too.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-02-14 02:58 PM EDT (US)     468 / 1043       
Or at least trying.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 08:35 PM EDT (US)     469 / 1043       
I think I've seen two thread name changes here and both were by request of the author.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-14 11:11 PM EDT (US)     470 / 1043       
with the exception of maybe Cad Bane, but apparently I liked him a helluva lot more than everyone else did
This is incorrect sir! I too greatly enjoyed Cad Bane, however I stopped watching the show after his attack on the senate building. Though the scene where he sneaks up behind a group of senate guards and rolls a grenade into their barracks along with them will always have a special place in my heart. There is no kill quite like overkill

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 11-02-2014 @ 11:11 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-03-14 07:49 AM EDT (US)     471 / 1043       
I actually enjoy Kallus and the Inquisitor more than Bane. Might just be a bit of Imp bias... or they might just be better since they're not facing off against uber-invincible Jedi, meaning EVERYONE gets an Idiot Ball lodged in an orifice at one point or another.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-14 10:14 AM EDT (US)     472 / 1043       
So maybe I'm alone in that I found most of Cad Bane's appearances either boring or painful.

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 11-03-14 01:44 PM EDT (US)     473 / 1043       
Well, Bane had the amazing ability to temporarily negate the intelligence, reasoning, and common sense of everybody he encountered.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-14 01:47 PM EDT (US)     474 / 1043       
Sounds like he should've become a politician.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-03-14 05:53 PM EDT (US)     475 / 1043       
I was initially interested in Bane, but... yeah. Also, he stole his name from a Sith Lord and then when he flopped, it went back to the Sith Lord.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-14 08:39 PM EDT (US)     476 / 1043       
A Sith Lord voiced by Mark Hamill

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-03-14 08:45 PM EDT (US)     477 / 1043       
Who doesn't look anything like the guy Drew Karpyshyn wrote about.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-14 01:07 AM EDT (US)     478 / 1043       
Well it wouldn't be the first time is work was screwed over

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-14 11:22 AM EDT (US)     479 / 1043       
A Sith Lord voiced by Mark Hamill

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 11-04-14 11:29 AM EDT (US)     480 / 1043       
No, we're talking about an effectual villain.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames