Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Whoa.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 08-31-14 08:14 PM EDT (US)     391 / 1043       
Yeah, it has a shaky start. Booby Trap is... probably the start of the upswing. In and of itself, it's fairly average for TNG. But it's not quite as schlocky/Roddenberryized as "The Bonding."

...Then again, even that quietly subverts the Roddenberry ideal. Early Season 3 is that shift from the hardline, ideological show of human perfection to the TNG people remember fondly. There's bound to be some rocky spots.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-31-14 08:40 PM EDT (US)     392 / 1043       
Yeah, I just finished watching "The Bonding." It's funny, all of the writers in seasons 1, 2, and 3 say the same thing: "I wrote this really emotional story about the characters and Roddenberry made it about human perfection and technology."

EDIT: Oh, look, from Memory Alpha:
According to Piller, this change was at the behest of Gene Roddenberry, who objected that children in the twenty-fourth century would have a greater acceptance of death.
For the sake of fiction, I hope humanity never achieves Roddenberry's vision.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-31-2014 @ 08:45 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 08:47 PM EDT (US)     393 / 1043       
His precise words were... well... hell, I'm watching the video to remind myself so I'll just link:
http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t153.php

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 09:04 PM EDT (US)     394 / 1043       
That was so wonderfully awesome that it is totally worth the asthma attack it's inducing.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 08-31-14 09:10 PM EDT (US)     395 / 1043       
...Errrm?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-14 09:35 PM EDT (US)     396 / 1043       
I apparently was laughing too much--which is quite unusual for me; my response to humor is usually a smile, or a chuckle or snigger at best--and it set off an asthma attack. But it was totally worth it, as Tali would say.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-01-14 12:28 PM EDT (US)     397 / 1043       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy9waYcrE8k

And another short.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-03-14 11:27 PM EDT (US)     398 / 1043       
Okay, so... watching the pilot. Caught a late-night run.

Only started about fifteen minutes in. It's... actually, pretty good so far. I've been watching about ten minutes... the actors--besides maybe Ezra--are really great.

EDIT: Hmm. I was gonna bitch about a little insipid "inspirational" dialog... but they chased it with something I didn't quite expect. I'm intrigued.

EDIT 2: That was... interesting. Certainly not bad. I am intrigued. However, the timeslot may be problematic.

See? Expect the worst and you're either right or pleasantly surprised. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-04-2014 @ 00:04 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-14 02:29 PM EDT (US)     399 / 1043       
See? Expect the worst and you're either right or pleasantly surprised. <_<
That's what Garrus says.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 10-04-14 02:46 PM EDT (US)     400 / 1043       
First episode of TCW wasn't terrible either. Then look what happened

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-04-14 04:56 PM EDT (US)     401 / 1043       
The thought had occurre--no, wait. The TCW movie was shitastically awful. So was the first episode of TCW (I believe one professional reviewer aptly described it as, "shit sandwich."). It took to Rookies to get it right.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-14 06:27 PM EDT (US)     402 / 1043       
The "Rookies" arc is the only one I can say I really enjoyed and haven't suppressed from memory.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-14 09:36 PM EDT (US)     403 / 1043       
And this 'professional reviewer' clearly doesn't understand that people would rather see Yoda destroy entire columns of droids than hear painful dialog. The painful dialog came in the other episodes.

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-04-14 09:38 PM EDT (US)     404 / 1043       
No, he's pretty ruthless on the painful dialog. Like the stuff involving Yoda's silly pep talks.

And you will not say mean things about SFDebris.

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-04-2014 @ 09:42 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-04-14 09:41 PM EDT (US)     405 / 1043       
Compared to the other episodes (where the stupidity generated could only be surpassed by SpongeBob), the first actual episode was decent. I still maintain Hostage Crisis was pretty good. And I will say mean things about what I wish

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-04-14 09:45 PM EDT (US)     406 / 1043       
Yes, compared to later things. He mentioned it in this, I think:
http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/clonewars3e16.php

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 10-06-14 02:15 PM EDT (US)     407 / 1043       
I believe one professional reviewer aptly described it as, "shit sandwich."
professional reviewer
"shit sandwich."
professional reviewer

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-06-14 03:39 PM EDT (US)     408 / 1043       
He makes money doing reviews. That makes him a professional reviewer. Adam Sandler is a professional actor, director, producer, etc. You may not like what he does, but he still makes insane amounts of money on dick and fart jokes.

Even if he doesn't deserve it...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-06-14 03:56 PM EDT (US)     409 / 1043       
Stephanie Meyer is also a professional author. If I can't get published I may just vent my rage in a book burning. -_-

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-06-14 04:11 PM EDT (US)     410 / 1043       
I'm still trying to figure out how her books became so popular. Not to mention how a horrible fanfic of it became likewise. Then I remember the majority of people are not smart. This leads to me worrying about the fate of humanity.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-06-14 04:15 PM EDT (US)     411 / 1043       
This is one of those rare cases where we agree. It does worry me about my publishing chances, though. Anyone who enjoyed Twilight will not enjoy my book.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-06-14 04:46 PM EDT (US)     412 / 1043       
She found a niche: teen girls who can't get normal romance novels, but still want something to give them... feelings. <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-06-14 04:56 PM EDT (US)     413 / 1043       
And who have no security in their own identity, hence the flat female lead. Which, of course, makes Kristen Stewart an ideal casting.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-06-14 05:15 PM EDT (US)     414 / 1043       
Hey, hey. Cut her some slack: she hated the movie.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-06-14 05:22 PM EDT (US)     415 / 1043       
She's also the flattest actor I can think of except maybe William Shatner.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-06-14 05:27 PM EDT (US)     416 / 1043       
...Shat's not flat. He's... he's a ham and cheese wrap. It's the only way to sum him up. You can't even call him a sandwich because that's planar.

Also, on the bright side... Rebels equalizes the "blasters can't kill heroes" thing. Now they can't kill major villains, either. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-06-2014 @ 06:04 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-09-14 03:23 PM EDT (US)     417 / 1043       
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/10/abc-to-re-air-spark-of-rebellion-with.html

Milking, yes... especially on the DVD side. But I will totally check this out. I mean, c'mon... James Earl Jones.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-09-14 03:32 PM EDT (US)     418 / 1043       
Next time I need my JEJ fix I think I'll just watch TLK.

EDIT: Seeing the long line of Moff posts in this particular forum, broken by one of mine, is quite intimidating.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 10-09-2014 @ 03:33 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-09-14 05:00 PM EDT (US)     419 / 1043       
JAMES. EARL. JONES. All they need is Malcolm McDowell.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 10-13-14 08:08 PM EDT (US)     420 / 1043       
So... Mando Dash is a polyglot, and the really awkward civil rights reference is... awkward.

Beyond that, though... good so far.

EDIT: GASP! THREEPIO IS EEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIL! And not in the cool way, like Creepio.

But good ep, overall. Kallus is definitely growing on me, as is the crew. I don't even want Space Aladdin jammed into a blender droid anymore!

The ending... could've done without certain bits of dialog. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 10-13-2014 @ 08:32 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames