SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Official Bitmap Request Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Official Bitmap Request Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22  Next Page »
Blackmoon
Clone Trooper
posted 04-21-05 05:45 PM EDT (US)         
The Official Bitmap Request Thread

Here you request bitmaps for your campaigns.

FAQ:

Q: Whats a bitmap?

A: A bitmap (or BMP) is a Windows image file, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds uses this file type for the instructions page.

Q: Whats the palette?

A: Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds can only accept certain shades of blue, white, red, and black for ingame bitmaps that will be displayed on the instruction page. Most designers make two verisons of your bitmap: Normal, and one with the palette loaded. If a designer does not give you a bitmap with the palette loaded you make ask him for it.

Q: What is the proper size for a bitmap?

A: The proper size for a bitmap is 548x288 px.

Q: Where can I get the Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds palette? And how do I apply it to my bitmap?

A:
SWGB bkg Palettes

You can load either one of the palettes in the following programs:

IrfanView
Adobe Photoshop
GIMP

Q: How do I put bitmaps into my instruction screen?

A: First you insert the BMP into the: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\Game" folder. With that done, enter the games (SWGB.) Scenario Editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab then use the down bar labeled: "Scenario Instruction Map" to select your bitmap!

Q: Why is this thread above all the others?

A: Because my threads are much better than yours.

Rules:

- A request can be filled by anyone, and there is no list of designers.

- If your request is not filled asking for it 2+ times will not do any good, so just don't.

- If you are not satisfied with the result of your request do not complain in this thread. Suggestions on changes you want made to it are OK within certain boundaries. (Don't be too picky.)

- Please do not flame in this thread.

Begin:

Never!

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 09-16-2008 @ 01:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Blackmoon
Clone Trooper
posted 06-11-07 02:41 PM EDT (US)     601 / 655       
The palette is pretty simple to figure out, sometimes you just get lucky and your bitmap looks good in it.

If that is not the case you can just use some other simple methods like using the color replacement tool with the proper shade of blue (486DA1) or red (B45A77).

For example:

Original Image:

Palette Applied with no editing:

Palette Applied after proper shade of blue:

Palette Applied after proper shade of red:

Hope that helps you guys.

Never!

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 06-11-2007 @ 02:53 PM).]

Bluetuft
Clone Trooper
posted 06-11-07 04:33 PM EDT (US)     602 / 655       
/thumbsup to the Browniemeiseter (you dont mind if i call you that do you?)

/\
/
__\
/____\
/
._\../._\
/___\/___\

Power Wisdom Courage
Blackmoon
Clone Trooper
posted 06-11-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     603 / 655       
/thumbsup to the Browniemeiseter (you dont mind if i call you that do you?)
It would probably work better if I was Brownboot, but I'm Blackmoon.

Never!
Bluetuft
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-07 03:40 AM EDT (US)     604 / 655       
Yea I knew that I was just testing and ummm you passed so congrats!

Oops my bad...
/thumbsup to the Moonmeiseter (you dont mind if i call you that do you?)
Fixxored

/\
/
__\
/____\
/
._\../._\
/___\/___\

Power Wisdom Courage
Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-07 07:30 PM EDT (US)     605 / 655       
Bluetuft you have really improved your abilities congrats

Blackmoon... I got nothing to say I dont think you can be so much better than you are right now XDXDXDXD

*-------Vandaliser--------*
(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
---The Movie's Game Begins---
Member Of FLD
Blackmoon
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-07 07:52 PM EDT (US)     606 / 655       
Get on MSN, Bane.

Never!
Red Revolution
Clone Trooper
(id: master silver)
posted 06-14-07 09:07 AM EDT (US)     607 / 655       
Thank you so much for the bitman Bluetuft!

Amity/Enmity
Blackmoon
Clone Trooper
posted 06-14-07 12:33 PM EDT (US)     608 / 655       
Thank you so much for the bitman Bluetuft!
*Rolls*

Never!
Scorch062
Clone Trooper
posted 06-16-07 05:33 AM EDT (US)     609 / 655       
That is awsome bluetuft, i agree you have gotten way better

".`.rh, rmg hrg .`."
"Executing order 66 my lord"
"If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"
BFME2 Replay Reviewer
Bluetuft
Clone Trooper
posted 06-16-07 05:48 AM EDT (US)     610 / 655       
Umm all I had to do was get the picture and put some text on it. I agree that the palleting is far and beyond better though. Thank Adobe Photoshop for that

/\
/
__\
/____\
/
._\../._\
/___\/___\

Power Wisdom Courage
Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 07-13-07 03:35 PM EDT (US)     611 / 655       
Can someone make me a Bitmap for the Earth Campaign Deluxe? I would like it to be a mandolorian fleet heading towards Earth and a Rebel like fleet heading from Earth please. Like there going to meet in space or something like that please. If you need reference pics let me know.

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?

[This message has been edited by Orrion Carn (edited 07-13-2007 @ 03:37 PM).]

Orrion Carn
Clone Trooper
posted 09-29-07 04:44 PM EDT (US)     612 / 655       
Please?

Ryan Set Go - I'm a YouTuber
I play games there, what else did you expect?
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 02-11-08 04:16 PM EDT (US)     613 / 655       
I would like someone to make an "Heir to the Empire" Bitmap, with the cast of Thrawn, Joruus, Luke, Mara Jade, some Noghri, Rebel Assualt Frigates, Star Destroyers, and Wild Karrade. Please have it contain the message: "Heir to the Empire" and below it, "By Selur". Thanks.

Selur|"Are you watching closely?
Why you should play AoE3
Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-08 04:21 PM EDT (US)     614 / 655       
Done

(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
Member Of FLD
MPK
Clone Trooper
posted 03-05-08 08:58 PM EDT (US)     615 / 655       
How do I make a silent tribute? Meaning, how do I get gaia player to tribute resources to the player without a "GAIA tributes X to you" message? I've seen it done in SOTE and others, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Blackmoon
Clone Trooper
posted 03-05-08 09:00 PM EDT (US)     616 / 655       
I don't recall tributes being included as a feature in the current array of image processing applications.

Never!
MPK
Clone Trooper
posted 03-05-08 09:16 PM EDT (US)     617 / 655       
Damn, wrong thread.

Oh well, I just figured it out anyways.

Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-28-08 10:13 PM EDT (US)     618 / 655       
Ok, so I hate photoshop and so I never really used it much. That said I've got Photoshop CS3, so can somebody please be so kind as to explain how I'd go about making an image compatible with the palette for GB so that I can put nifty instruction pictures in the Campaign I'm making? Help would be very much appreciated
Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 10:36 AM EDT (US)     619 / 655       
Lol, well first you have to download the SWGB Photoshop Pallette (Blackmoon posted the link in the main info above) then you open Photoshop, open whatever image you're going to use then you go into Image/Mode/Indexed Color, a window is gonna open with some options, you click on the down arrow next to "Pallette:" it should say -local something'- by default so you change that to custom, a new window with a bunch of colors is gonna open, dont worry about those you just click on "Load" load the SWGB pallette from wherever you save it and apply it, then you just save your image as a 24 bitmap and hope for the best

Actually the result should be nice but sometimes it fuksup so you have to adjust colors and stuff, hope that helped a bit

(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
Member Of FLD
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 04:12 PM EDT (US)     620 / 655       
Woo..it worked..except, not really. I still have a problem when I apply the edited photo. It makes a distorted image in the instruction screen. So what am I doing wrong now? I've got the palette right..and I've got the size right...why the bloody hell does this stupid game have to be so incredibly painful to do anything fun with

"Chewie and me got into a lot of pants more heavily guarded than this."

Just one of the many Star Wars lines that can be improved by switching one word for pants
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 04:19 PM EDT (US)     621 / 655       
Well, then just get Lord_Bane88 to do it.

Why you should play AoE3
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 04:50 PM EDT (US)     622 / 655       
No no..I'm not one of those "OMG can you do it for me it's soo hard Q!$#@%" type people. I'd much rather know how to do it properly myself, so if I want to do it again later I don't have to go around annoying and begging people to do it for me. I figure since I've got Photoshop and Paintshop Plus I might as well be able to do it on my own :P

Just one of the many Star Wars lines that can be improved by switching one word for pants
Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     623 / 655       
What did you just call me?!?

Why you should play AoE3
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 06:17 PM EDT (US)     624 / 655       
HAHa...I guess I did probably just insult lots of people huh :P. Oh well..it's not my fault

Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 03-31-08 09:53 PM EDT (US)     625 / 655       
Well its good you want to learn the stuff yourself, but if you donno whats the problem you could send the image to me, I see whats going on and then I tell you exactly what to do to overcome it, so it wouldnt be like making the work for you

(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
Member Of FLD
Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-08 10:14 AM EDT (US)     626 / 655       
Well the problem is that after having applied the palette to it properly and making the image the right size, it doesn't display right in the instruction screen in game. It instead is displayed as distorted and fuzzy. But if you'd like to take a crack at it, here's the link.

http://www.vegalleries.com/old_site/clone/0arctroopers.jpg

Master Shannon
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-08 10:55 AM EDT (US)     627 / 655       
I know this thread is about bitmaps for scenerio info screens, but I need something different. Everytime I try to use the Windows PrtScn function in SWGB, I get a dark, urecognizable image when I paste it into my graphics program. I need a screen shot of SWGB for use in my website. I don't want to just steal one from off the web. Would anybody have a good one that they created and shows off SWGB, preferablly with the Rebels and Empire in battle, that they would let me use on the site? I'll give credit to you, and link to your personal website if you have one. Thanks.
Lord_Bane88
Clone Trooper
posted 04-01-08 10:37 PM EDT (US)     628 / 655       
Darth_Zelus: Well I suppose that the link is from the original image cuz that one is 529 x 326 the right size for a bitmap is 548 x 288 if you use the first one, that might be the problem, but anyway I'm gonna test it and answer later

Edit: Alright it worked for me, well after resizing it to 548 x 288 I got no problem, then I just did exactly what I told you before without any type of "Secret" modifications XD, here:

Try that, it should do

(__-___Lord*Bane___-__)
<<........*88*........>>
Episode IV Full Campaign
Member Of FLD

[This message has been edited by Lord_Bane88 (edited 04-01-2008 @ 11:24 PM).]

Darth_Zelus
Clone Trooper
posted 04-02-08 11:27 AM EDT (US)     629 / 655       
Hrm..so it -must- be exactly the right size? I guess that makes sense...I was probably using slightly different, and the game auto-corrected it and thus made it all wrong...stupid problem. I hate these things, whenever I get stumped it's always some ridiculously simple answer that makes me angry

Edit:

Ok so I can get it to work. Now I've got another problem. In the scenarios that I've already selected an image and had it distorted, I can't change it. I can apply a proper image to scenarios that didn't have one, but if they did it doesn't change...

On a side note...if I ever happen to meet the people that made this game so stupidly difficult to do anything with, I'm going to hurt them so very badly..

[This message has been edited by Darth_Zelus (edited 04-02-2008 @ 02:35 PM).]

Selur
Clone Trooper
posted 04-30-08 04:26 PM EDT (US)     630 / 655       
Anyways, Selur is working on a project, and once again needs help with a good Bitmap.

What I'm looking for is a Bitmap consisting of my caimpaign's title, "I, Clone", and pics of (in order of importance) Commander Cody, a Magnaguard, a 501st-style armored Clone Trooper, a Dwarf Spider Droid, and an AT-RT. Oh yes, make it have the Planet Utapua in the background and make it credit me.

Whew, hope that's not too big of a request.

Why you should play AoE3

[This message has been edited by Selur (edited 04-30-2008 @ 04:33 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames